• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Any OR/AS teams planned yet?

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
It's November, and ORAS is slowly creeping up. Next thing you know, it's the 21st.
So, has anyone planned their teams for Hoenn yet?
For me, It's going to be Treecko, Poocheyana, Tailow or Skarmory, A male or female ralts and an Aron. No items or movesets yet, I'll say them later when I see interest in this thread.
Now, what about yours?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Due to not knowing what the ORAS regional 'dex will look like, I haven't yet put any extensive planning into my first run team beyond my chosen starter, Treecko, and the fire-type that I'd like to use, Fennekin. I've wanted an excuse to finally raise a Fennekin in-game and this seems like the perfect opportunity to do so.

The only plan I have for my remaining team members is that they be made up of Pokemon that I've either never trained before or haven't trained since Gen 2. ^^

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I'm with Katie on this one re: the starter and the fire type - or rather would be if I could get the damn game in any way << Otherwise it'll depend on regional dex, I guess.

While I've already posted my planned Omega Ruby team on Creative Corner, I've been thinking long & hard on my Alpha Sapphire team since I only want to use 6-7 pokémon for the main storyline (aside from HM usage).

For now, I was thinking of having Exploud, Sceptile, Gulpin (@ eviolite or Assault Vest), Camerupt, Altaria, and Glalie, with Kecleon as a possible reserve.

For the post game, I know for a fact that I want to include Metagross and Beedrill on my team at some point (no pun intended).

I'll probably just stick with my old team, which was Treecko, Sableye, Wingull, Numel, Absol, and Shroomish (in all of their final evolutions, of course). Although, I might want to use Ralts, Aron, Whismur, Skarmory, or some other ones this time.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I honestly can't pick which starter I want; I'll likely just have to roll a dice on that one since I love them all. Depending on what's available, I'll probably choose from between Froslass, Gallade, Gardevoir, Pelipper, Aggron, Camerupt, Breloom, Skarmory, Swellow, Tentacruel, Manectric, Plusle, Minun, Roserade, Flygon, Altaria, Milotic, Lanturn, or Kingdra. Out of those, I'm almost certainly going to have a Swellow somewhere along the line (if it's not there by the end of the E4 it's definitely there for the purpose of CONTESTING), and Altaria will be my go-to Mega unless I can find a use for Mega Gallade or Mega Camerupt.

That said, I'm hoping my team ends up along the lines of Mega Altaria, Roserade, Lanturn, Camerupt, Skarmory, and Gallade, with Roserade/Lanturn/Camerupt being replaced by Sceptile/Swampert/Blaziken, respectively. XD I'm also wondering what the full new Hoenn dex will look like, since it'll probably give us even MORE to choose from~

contest team : cute-delcatty OR lopunuy beauty-masquerain or swanna (if i can't find feedbas) smart-maybe tropius
cool-flygon maybe tough- maybe ursaring OR manectric OR glalie :D

I'm still tring to get my team right.... oh, pokemon battles.... um, i don't know
swellow and luvdisc i gess :angel:

Last edited:
If I do end up getting one of the remakes, it's going to be Alpha Sapphire. If Poke-Bank is still a thing, I'm transferring Pokémon that was introduced in Gen 1 and re-create my first Pokémon team. That I ran with back in Pokémon Red (check below for trainer card)

But at the start of the game, am picking Treecko...and hope the rival goes out of their way; to evolve their starter to it's final form.>=O (10 + years, and I'm still displeased with that "rival")

I know for a fact that I'll be choosing Treeko as my starter and I'll also be using the shiny Beldum that we'll be getting in the event. I've also decided that I'll be adding a Numel to my team as my fire type. I'm not too sure whether I want to use the Glalie from the demo for my first play through team, but I'll probably definitely add him to a later team. But other than that, I'm not sure what else I'm going to choose yet. :3

I went into planning my team at the start of October(Names too! Im a nickname junkie). So here is what i ended up with(Elite Four-wise):
Sparky the Shiny Swampert(Male)
Koran the Sandlash(Male)
Laila the Ninetails(Female)
Cloaker the Cradily(Male)
Mella the Swellow(Female)
Blair the Breloom(Male)

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Treecko will be my starter and I want Mega Camerupt.

As for the rest, I don't really plan teams in advance in-game. I prefer to just pick as I go along.

The only thing, for me, I know I reallly wanna use is Swampert. Specifically because of Mega Swampert. Other than that I was thinking of using Breloom and Exploud.
I'm not too sure besides, though... Most of the pokemon I want to try out are ones with Mega Evolutions or pokemon I've never really used before (Like Exploud). I haven't really seen anything about changes to the regional dex but if I can get Lopunny pre-national dex, I think I'll be using that.

I'm thinking about using Swampert, Gardevoir, Breloom, Manectric, Flygon, and Banette
I might change one or two, though, at some point within the next few days (or even while I'm playing).

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Swampert and Event Shiny Metagross are the only things on my list atm. I still don't even have a name picked out for my character yet so I have to figure that out first and let the team build itself later :'D

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I'm torn between recreating my original Ruby Team, or going with a new one. I'll probably just wing it, but I'll definitely be starting with Treecko and getting myself a Manectric. I'm leaning towards getting a Swablu as it was always one of my favourite Gen III Pokemon. We shall see :D

I'm not sure yet, but
Sceptile
Gallade
Milotic
(Lucario?)
(Altaria?)
Anyways, since I don't have any money (I bought recently Fantasy Life), I still have a month to think about it

I've already got my Omega Ruby team planned yet, but I'm still trying to think of nicknames. What I want to do is give all of my pokémon hero-themed nicknames & so far I can only think of three:
  1. Mudkip- Mudslapper
  2. Seedot- ???
  3. Pancham- Pounda
  4. Mawile- ???
  5. Electrike- Wolfboltzer
  6. Bagon- ???

ive thought about it a bit

for now heres what it may be (im still planning this and i dont have omega ruby yet. also these are only the 1st stages of my possible team)

treeko (for sure), larvitar (maybe), cyndaquil (maybe), ralts, porygon (maybe) and another ralts