• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Anime Trailer Released for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Much like they did for Pokémon Black 2 and White 2, the Pokémon Company have commissioned an anime trailer to show off the new Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire games. Although the trailer is only in Japanese without English subtitles (for now), the animation does a great job showing off some of the elements of the games. It's well worth a watch - not least because they show off all the new Mega Pokémon and a couple of nice battles.

The video is embedded below the cut from YouTube - click Continue Reading to see it![prebreak][/prebreak]
UPDATE: We've found a dubbed (English) version if anyone prefers that - it's embedded below. Thanks @StellarWind Elsydeon for finding this and putting it in the comments!

Last edited:
The music's a little lackluster, but this is still an excellent trailer. The art style & character designs are both a great blend between cartoony and realistic, while the scenes do a great job promoting all of the new mega evolutions

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Honestly, I really like this trailer. I wish it had a bit more of a narrative to it and perhaps some more extended battles, but otherwise it's a great successor to the B2W2 anime trailer, which I maintain is the best trailer for a Pokémon game ever.

Also, they somehow made Mega Diancie look badass.

For anyone who hasn't seen the B2W2 anime trailer, by the way, there's a version here - it's really, really good and well worth a watch.
(If you prefer English voice acting, try this link)

Lol didn't expect the plant rockets from mega sceptile XD this was epic! I love that all the new megas are together at the end.

Rex

Resident Furry
I really wish they focused more on the story, rather than shoving all the Mega Evolutions at us for a fair chunk of the trailer. Other than Steven and Roxanne, we didn't get a good look at any of the major trainers that make up the plot of R/S. Hell, we didn't even get a single shot of Teams Magma or Aqua, let alone the people in charge of said organizations. In comparison to the B2W2 Trailer, this is a huge let down.

And it's not even that I don't think showing off the Megas was a bad idea, though most of us are used to being knee deep in leaks to begin with, there are some people in the world that might not keep track of things like we do. It's just, they could have tied it all together much better than these random set pieces that we've been given. Show Maxie and Archie with their Megas, Wallace at Sootopolis with the Primal duo and Mega Queezy, etc.

I'm sure it works for some people, but for me, this absolutely fails at generating hype. Literally the only thing I gained from that trailer was "Oh joy, Contests are back. Because I really missed those." I mean, I understand that no main series Pokemon game is going to match up to Gen V in terms of story, but this really highlights for me just how little Game Freak seems to care lately.

When the trailer decides it's more important to show off a bunch of inconsequential new forms that the average player probably won't use more than a fraction of, than to show off the game's main villains, you know there's a problem.

TL;DR: This trailer is a disappointment.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
While I somewhat agree with @Rex that it would have been nice if they'd highlighted the overall story better - not to mention showing off some currently known bits of the Delta Episode - I do really like this trailer. It's nice seeing all of the new megas in Anime form. ^_^

But everytime I watch it I just find myself thinking, "May broke the starter formula". ;x

I completely agree the BW2 trailer was definately the best pokémon trailer ever. I sooooooo wish it became an actual spin-off animé series! Also the music in the background is AMAZING.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I did a thing and snapped a picture from the trailer, which I'm sure many others have. This scene's just asking for it:

ORAS Mega and Primal Pokemon.png

I like how Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are having an anime! ^-^ but here's this.. Where's the rest of the gym leaders? Winona, Tate and Liza, and Juan? the games release really soon and I do not see them added.. o.o

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
@xStormEspeon This is just a trailer, so it's a really quick look at the games. They're showing off the general feel of the game and the new Megas, rather than going into great detail about every aspect of the game :)

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
So there's an international version now.

It's gogawful. Terrible voice acting is terrible - and I'm rather amused by the fact they haven't bothered to redub the Pokémon as well - which is really noticable on Mega Lopunny and Mega Altaria.

(Also, Ray-QUAY-za? DIE-ancie? Ah well, not like I expected better from people who can't pronounce their own franchise)

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
A shame we didn't get May's original voice actor from the anime. :/ But hey, it's cool to see the Mega's animated!
Sableye you're so adorable. ♥

Honestly, I really like this trailer. I wish it had a bit more of a narrative to it and perhaps some more extended battles, but otherwise it's a great successor to the B2W2 anime trailer, which I maintain is the best trailer for a Pokémon game ever.

Also, they somehow made Mega Diancie look badass.

For anyone who hasn't seen the B2W2 anime trailer, by the way, there's a version here - it's really, really good and well worth a watch.
(If you prefer English voice acting, try this link)
I've seen it. Its pretty good and I have the game as well (white2). I got it for my birthday back in July.

Much like they did for Pokémon Black 2 and White 2, the Pokémon Company have commissioned an anime trailer to show off the new Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire games. Although the trailer is only in Japanese without English subtitles (for now), the animation does a great job showing off some of the elements of the games. It's well worth a watch - not least because they show off all the new Mega Pokémon and a couple of nice battles.

The video is embedded below the cut from YouTube - click Continue Reading to see it!
UPDATE: We've found a dubbed (English) version if anyone prefers that - it's embedded below. Thanks @StellarWind Elsydeon for finding this and putting it in the comments!
I loved it but I wish mega charizard x was in there. Or if Ruby/Brendan had torchic instead