• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

A reminder about the use of images in the RP forums, including discussion threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Because it seems that people have either forgotten or conveniently ignore this particular segment of the rules.

There appears to have been an uptick in uncredited art in the RP boards lately, and that's unacceptable. I really do not want to have to start actively chasing people around and issuing warnings left and right over this – so this is a collective callout for all of you. We have very specific rules about what is and isn't allowed (see the section starting with "Use of images and art in the RP forums" in the General Role Play Rules), and I recommend the lot of you read that specific section of the rules, again, and refresh your memory.

Now, I also see a lot of the uncredited images were made with picrews and the like – which the rules are fine with, with the caveat that the site you used to generate the image is linked together with the image. Yes, this does mean every time. If the same post includes multiple images made with the same picrew, it's enough to link it once. An exception can be made, possibly, for Hero Forge (so long as you actually post the image as is and don't crop out the watermark/credit/what have you). But the rest? yeah, link them or, preferably, use your words to describe your characters.

Goes without saying that if you're using an image someone made for you, through request/commission/whatever, you should also credit them when you use the image. If you made a thing yourself, then it's fine to just post it as is – but rest assured that there will be consequences if it turns out that you did not, in fact, do so.

That's basically it. It would be lovely if you went back and edited past posts accordingly, but seeing how many of them there are, I'm not going to drop down screaming from the abyss and demand you do so on the pain of imminent armblading. But the next time I see something like this, action will be taken. Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.