• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

"Use Karate Chop on Salamence! Glacier is the only one who's Pokemon hasn't fainted yet, so let's do this!" Teiran shouted, as Machop dashed up to Salamence, preparing for a Karate Chop. Machop readied an arm, and went down, the objective to hit Salamence's tail.

"Rock Blast on Salamence!"

Duke knew Glacier had the advantage and worked to fix that. So he had Rockruff fire dozens of rocks at Salamence; focused mainly on its wings and face.

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
"Not so fast! Counter with Fire Fang!" Glacier commanded. Salamence saw Machop aiming at his tail and turned his body to where his mouth to was Machop and his fangs began to light on fire.

SaiyanDakon

Salamence was brought down by numerous attacks from his opponents. "You did well...come back." Glacier said, recalling Salamence back into his Luxury Ball.

(I'm logging off for a bit.)

(Did Salamence faint...?)

Teiran fist pumped at the loss of Salamence. "It was fun working with you, but now we have to fight." Teiran said, as she flicked her nose with her thumb, and pointed to the field. "Machop, use Low Sweep on Lopunny!" Teiran shouted, knowing that Machop had the advantage in type.

Machop was about to go low, until Lopunny used protect. Machop glared at Lopunny in anger, but dashed back to Teiran, knowing he had to save his energy. Teiran waited, smirking at Daniel. Quick thinking was the words she mouthed, before having Machop use Focus Energy once more.

"Rockruff use Rock Tomb on both Machop and Lopunny!"

Rockruff gave a nod as it summoned dozens of large rocks over the heads of both Lopunny and Machop and dropped them as it aimed to bury both Pokemon at once.

Machop was crushed. The rock was too heavy, causing Gravity to push, making the rock fall to fast for Machop to move. Teiran couldn't see Machop under the rock, and immediately tried pushing the rock off, but it was too heavy. She started to panic, before taking out a Pokeball, saying, "Return, Machop." a bright light beamed, and slid itself under the rock, until it came out, the rock becoming a little closer to the ground. Machop was in terrible condition, Terian could tell by how close the rock was to the ground. She didn't want to forfeit, but she knew she had to, in order to protect Machop. Teiran frowned, as she shook her head. Through held back tears of fear, she dashed through the blue Gyarados mouth, and into the lobby, and from the lobby, to the Pokemon Center, begging for her Pokemon to be healed quickly. When Nurse Joy took her Pokemon, and Teiran sat down, thinking about what all happened.

Lopunny stopped breaking the rocky barrage, fearing for the small fighting type's safety. It was then, that she decided that she didn't want to fight anymore. This wasn't what she was meant for. She was supposed to assist Daniel when he was ill, or in pain... Not to hurt other pokemon.

She glanced back at Daniel. He nodded, immediately understanding what she wanted.

"Come here, Lopunny," he ordered, "Let's go to the pokemon centre, ok?"

Lopunny nodded, pushing Daniel away from the arena, where they met Kemen, before heading to the pokemon centre together.

Duke smiled before he recalled Rockruff. Duke turned to Glacier.

"Impressive battle. All three of you were great. Meet us at the Pokemon Center." Duke said to Glacier as he began to make his way to the Pokemon Center.

Akio saw the disappointment in Teiran's eyes and followed her sitting down putting his arm around her with all his Pokémon out.
"I remember the times I lost, it happens to the best trainers. Life is boring without failure." He told her reassuringly he had been devastated when Whitney wiped the floor with Miltank and Cubone was absolutely crushed. "My Pokémon love me no matter how much of a loser I can be, they're the same with you...They love you for who you are not if you always win." Akio was trying to explain that Failure is one of the best options.

"But its different. He was hurt. Badly." she said sadly, as she sighed, and looked at the counter, as her Pokeballs were delivered. She grabbed them, and threw out Brionne, as he hopped onto her shoulder. The she realized there were only five Pokeballs. "Where is Machop?!" Teiran shouted, as Nurse Joy peeked around the corner. "He's right here...kind of..." Nurse Joy said. Teiran's face went pale, as she thought about what she meant. Teiran dashed from the Pokemon Center. She didn't want to know what she meant anymore. She ran to the grass, near a sun, half way in the sky, her head bowed down low, as she started to tear up, lip quivered, as tears fell from her face.

Kemen and Daniel were caught by surprise, as Teiran dashed past them, away from the pokemon centre. It was just a battle. Her pokemon were fine, now that they'd been seen by Nurse Joy. Weren't they?

A pit dropped in Daniel's stomach. Machop had been crushed by that rock. It hadn't... He hadn't died, had he?

Rockruff sat next to Terian with a look of guilt. Duke talked with the nurse who explained Terian sent Machop to be healed due to damage Rockruff caused. Rockruff felt terrible.

SaiyanDakon

(Salamence did faint.)

"Hmph...very well..." He said sternly. Glacier walked out of the Dome along with Nova for lasting long. He went into the Pokemon Center to have Garchomp and Salamence revived and back to full health. He saw Teiran leave with sadness all over her face. "Nova...stay here...I'll go find her." He said.

Akio began to shake.
"What can I do...? I lost a machoke for good and,,,Teiran's Machop." Akio felt the disturbance and took matters into her own hands he sent out Venusaur and told Nurse joy her equipment was nothing compared to Venusaur's Aromatherapy. It would heal the Machop the healing began and Machop should be able to move now...but it was fate's choice. He went out to Teiran and sat next to her.
"You Machop might be okay now that...I uh healed it..." Akio could see she was sad and kissed her on the cheek.

Teiran smiled sadly after the kiss, and said, "Thanks Akio." Then she pet Rockruff. "It isn't your fault, bud. You didn't know anything." Teiran said, as her sad smile turned into a frown. The tears started to fall again, but as the first tear touched the first blade of grass, a tall rough hand was felt on her shoulder. She pulled her head up, tears in her eyes, but a face filled with hope, as she turned around, seeing a purple muscle man. It was a Machoke. Teiran got up from her seat and hugged him, as her smile returned to her face, and she cried tears that just came. She couldn't help it. Machoke got on one knee and hugged her back, which made her tense up bit at its strength.

(I won't be on till tomorrow)

Akio smiled.
"Reminds me of my Machoke..." He said tears welling up. Akio had brought a Dead Pokémon back and it had evolved. He felt powerful but happy at the same time, He was just happy Teiran was happy.

Rockruff smiled, happy Teiran's Pokemon was okay as Duke came over to pet his partner.

"Teiran, I am sorry for giving you a scare. I feared the worst. I can only be thankful your Pokemon is okay." Duke said, happy he had not done something horrible to a friend's Pokemon, but still felt guilty for causing his friend to cry. Duke hated to see a friend cry anything but tears of joy.

"He's... He's alright... And he evolved!"

Kemen uttered the words breathlessly, while Daniel fell into nervous laughter. He'd really thought, for a second, that the poor pokemon was dead, and the relief that it was alive was almost too much to process.

Jonathan was training his Fletchinder and Dartrix at the moment. He needed the Grassium Z to fully unleash Dartrix's power. "Dartrix, Razor Leaf!" A barrage of cutting-edge leaves fired at a tree, leaving scratch marks. "Fletchinder, Steel Wing!"
"Fleeeeetchindaaahhh!" It cried as it sliced a nearby tree branch.
"Awesome, guys! With your power and speed, we'll beat Mallow for sure!" He wandered around after returning the two, and spotted a girl with a bunch of boys. "Hey, there. I'm kinda lost," he said to one boy who was in a wheelchair. "Could you guys show me to Mallow's Trial?"

"It's okay. Machoke is safe, and that's all that matters for me." Teiran said happily to Duke, still cuddling him close, before they broke away, and she returned him, kissing the Pokeball for relief. Then she slipped it into her pocket, as she wiped tears from her eyes, and saw a new male figure, talking to Daniel. She wasn't going to interrupt, and kept her mind on the thought of Machoke not being a goner.

"I was hoping that you guys could help me get to Mallow. I need the Grassium Z Crystal in order to challenge Olivia, and I thought that you could help me get there. Of course, if you haven't battled Mallow's Totem Poke'Mon, I can go with you guys."

"Mallow's trial? You're gonna wanna head back the other way, to Lush Jungle," he said to the stranger, before re-joining his group, along with Kemen.

"It's a good thing that Machoke's alright," Daniel breathed, "Now, I dunno about the rest of you, but I'm beat..."

Duke smiled but Rockruff walked up to the Machoke to talk with it as it embraced Teiran.

"Rock...ruff..." (I'm sorry. I though I....I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm sorry...)

Machoke's Pokeball wiggled, as if to say it accepted Rockruff's apology. "I'm beat as well. I could use a meal, and a good nights rest. Teiran said, as she looked down at her growling stomach.

"Okay, thanks!" Jonathan said, running off. He was happy that these people told him where to go. He was amazed at the little conversation they had with him. He turned around. "Um... guys? I'd like to ask if I can travel with you? Maybe? Nobody I've traveled with really liked me, and I've been trying to find new partners after every rejection."

Duke grinned as Rockruff walked next to him.

"That would be wonderful. Much thanks Kemen. I must say Daniel you are quite the lucky one." Duke said as Rockruff barked in approval over the idea.

Jonathan liked where this was going, but he didn't know where they were headed to. Let alone, his question hadn't been answered. "Guys!" he yelled, hoping for attention from the group. "I want to know if I can travel with you guys on a journey. If I can't, I get it. I suck at everything in life, so you can reject me. I don't care."

Daniel blushed at the comment, hiding his face in his jacket. "I... I guess..." he mumbled. He adored Kemen's cooking, or was it just that he liked Nitan food...?

At the intrusion, Kemen was pulled out of thoughts of sopa de ajo, and gateau Basque, and pulled into conversation. "If you'd like to join us for dinner, then you are welcome, as long as it's alright with the others," he began, "And then we can discuss it from there."

Okay, I guess I'll come with you guys," he said, his voice cracking on the word 'come' and getting quieter from there. "So, I'd love to introduce myself. I'm Jonathan, a Trainer with hopes of participating in the Alola League! My partners are Dartrix, Fletchinder, Crabrawler, Charjabug and Toxapex!"

"Oh, that's cool," he said. "Nita, huh? I might have to travel there." He looked at the girl and blushed. She was kind of cute to him, but he'd never fall in love. He knew this from a ton of experience. "Um..um.. what's you guys' names?" he asked, looking at the other four. They seemed pretty packed, so he thought this wouldn't work out well.

"Oh, hi! I'm Teiran." Teiran said, as she smiled and waved to Jonathan. "This is Brionne, my partner! My team is Brionne, Steenee, Ralts, one female one male, Machoke, and Pikachu." Teiran said, as she took out her teams Pokeballs, and they all wiggled when their names were called.

"Hey! I'm Akio and this is my partner Cubone." He told Jonathan. Akio walked over to Teiran and grinned.
"I also have Charmeleon, Wartortle, Venusaur, Porygon and Rowlet!" All the Pokémon waved at Jonathan in a polite way. Cubone saw Jonathan blush at Teiran and gave him a glare. Akio looked at Cubone in a confused way and told Jonathan.
"He doesn't get like this usually.."

SaiyanDakon

"Greetings...I'm Glacier and this my partner, Zoroark. My team is Zoroark, Salamence, Garchomp, Dartrix and Croconaw. My goal is to become the Alolan Champion." Glacier said introducing himself and his Pokemon. "Hi! I'm Nova, Glacier's sister, and this is my partner Espeon. My team has Espeon, Formantis and Rockruff." Nova said from behind Glacier. "I want Glacier to become Champion so that I could take his title and be champion too." She added. "Fat chance..I'm stronger than you or dad, and he's the toughest trainer I know. Why do you think we're here in Alola?" Glacier retorted, "To get stronger that's why...sorry..we get sibling rivalries from here and then." He said turning to the others.