• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

A Friend in Deed (A Winter Formal!)

Rory finally made it to the school, he circled above on his Flygon as he begun his descent. As Rory got closer and closer, the buildings got bigger and bigger, and then he sees a large mass of people standing next to the track. I wonder why they're all outside, it's about to rain, hard. Don't wanna experience that again, he thought to himself. And then he hears a voice, mono-tone and a hint scratchy say something. Rory couldn't hear the begining but he did hear,teachers and I would like if everyone returned to their rooms and get a nice hot shower in and ready for group dinner. It's also about to rain so we would like everyone to... Rory couldn't hear the rest because of a massive gust of wind.

Once Rory arrived on the ground, he returned Flygon to his pokeball and ran toward the staff asking for the usual crap. A schedule, dorm room, etc etc. Once Rory got it he asked for directions, he didn't really care for what room number it was, but he did care about landmarks, such as a brick in a cirtain way or a tree that looks like a q and crap like that. He entered the room with all his gear. As he opened the door with a small faint creak, and sees someone already inside. Rory takes out his hand,"Hi, I'm Rory, nice to meet you, let's be friends."

Carter slumped down on his bed, wearing just his sweatpants. He was quite heavy with muscle, and had always an athletic build. Often times he was asked what sports he played, and if he would like to join any clubs or teams. They were too much trouble for him, so he was never really interested after he stopped competing with judo.

Having just taken a shower, his hair was dripping wet and he had a towel hang from his neck. The bed opposite from him was empty, and the room itself didn't have much luggage. Apparently the kid who was paired as his roommate was called back home from the university. Tossling his hair with the towel, he pushed the dark strands back away from his face and mentally ran through the day's events.
It was the same as always. The first day back always felt so slow since he knew what to expect.

Listen to instructions. Greet friends. Greet teachers. Have a smoke. Settle down. Take a shower. Eat dinner. Go to sleep.

He groaned from just thinking about it. The only thing that had changed were the dorms and his solo room. It was nice to be able to have his own space. There was also the incident earlier that day where his Charizard had misfired during a battle. He had almost hit this sassy princess with a flamethrower. Carter sighed at the memory of her throwing him the peace sign. It had irked him, it really did.

Grabbing his uniform from a hanger, he slipped it on. One would expect him to be a sloppy mess, but he was rather a clean freak. He was never really punctual either, or had always showed up just in time. The only time Carter was early was for dinner, and that's about it.

Wearing a casual sweater over his uniform, his unkempt hair was still damp from his shower. Carter stood against a wall, waiting for dinner preparations to be completed. Closing his sleepy, gray eyes, he listened to the music playing from his headphones.

Last edited:

Blonde

Formerly TrainerNiko
Key was always by Alice since the beginning, so he knew when she was hiding something from her, but he smiled and followed as she pulled him. 'Key, your stamina is like a raging Rhyhorn. Go inside and take a steaming shower" said Alice. Key chuckled to himself "Is that good or bad?" he asked. As for as she knew, Key actually wanted to go over to the lake when the rain started. He needed to refresh and warm water wasn't going to help, but he listened and decided to go up to his room to take a shower. He first walked through the freshman halls, they seemed happy and active, he smiled he hoped that they would have a better freshman year then he did.

As he got into the Junior dorms he found himself being stared at by some, or most of the Junior men. Key smirked to himself, it seems that he threatens them in some kind of way. It sad, because Key only has eyes for one girl, hopefully she'll realize one day. As he entered his room, it was large, bigger then his freshman dorm two and half years ago. There was two rooms in the back, one had a nice winter cold blue wall coloring, the other one was a nice ash black, slightly faded. Key smiled, he already knew which one he wanted and apparently so did the teacher who delivered his schedule. He picked it up in his hands, the texture of the paper gave Key slight goosebumps.
Trainer and Pokemon Workout
Intro to double battles
Free period
Egg development
Key smiled and threw his bag onto the bed and sat down on it. The bed was soft, extremely soft; as Key sat on it, he felt himself slowly sink into it, like it wanted to grab hold of him and never let go. He couldn't fall asleep though, he had to take his shower first. He sprung up, a little to fast because he felt himself become light headed quickly. "I really need to relax this year" he smiled and released both Houndoom and Jolteon from their monster balls, Key was happy he watched his Pokemon spring onto the bed and got comfortable quick. "Haha, I'm glad you two are with me" he said as he walked over to them and scratched under their chins and ran his hands over their heads where they smiled and responded happily back. Key grabbed his towel and made his way into the bathroom, which in comparison to his bedroom was almost as big. He smiled even more "Oh man, this is amazing" he said as he opened the shower and inside was a dual head shower. "DUDE REALLY!? THIS IS AWSOME!" he shouted as he turned on the water. Key felt as if he had become rich in a matter of two years from the look of this room.

So he begun, first his sweater; which he chucked into his laundry basket that was right behind the door. "Good and gone" he said. Then next was his tie. He laughed at himself in his huge mirror and decided to mess around, he grabbed his music and played it in the bathroom where he messed around and acted like he was stripping. Then next came his shirt which he opened like superman. Pants and socks were soon to be exposed into the basket. Till he was left in his boxer briefs, the color of ember flames; he casually tossed it into the basket as well, he was nude. He smiled as he ran the hot water against his aching muscles, swollen and strained a bit. "Ah.. I guess morning workout will get me back into the grove" he said as he ran the water over his hair that became damp quickly and darkened.

After a couple of minutes of shower pleasure

Key walked around his living room for a couple of minutes, but then the door to the room begun to turn and entered a kid, slightly the smaller then Key. He smiled as he introduced himself. 'Hi!, I'm Rory, nice to meet you. Let's be friends' he said. Key smiled and nodded holding his hand out. "Hey I'm Key welcome to your room, I'm your new roommate and! I'm guessing your late, haha.. that's okay" he said smiling. "Oh hurry and get your stuff settled in, haha we are having the formal dinner in about an hour"

Ashen nodded gratefully and followed Diamond to the Junior Dorms. She then noticed that they split; one direction to the boy dorms and the other to the girl's. "Oh, I suppose I can find my dorm from here, thanks!" Ashen fumbled through her small bag and pulled out a peice of paper that read off her dorm number. "Thanks again Diamond! I appriciate it!" She called as she waved and walked down the hallway full of doors.

Finally she stopped in front of her dorm room. 'Dorm 8' it read. Ashen opened the door and tentatively walked in. The room was luxurious and Ashen couldn't help but break a smile. The junior's smiled faltered slightly as she noticed a simple fact; two beds not one. "I have a roommate, don't I?" She asked herself as she walked to the left bed that did not have a bag next to it. Ashen placed her small bag near the foot of the bed and pulled out Avion and Solstice's Pokeball. The junior had returned the psychic type due to fur problems in the rain.

Ashen released Solstice into the room and smiled as the pink cat-like Pokemon instantly started to sniff around and get to know the area. She paused momentarily at the thought of releasing Avion, but she did it anyway. The Staraptor gazed around the room, but seemed attracted to a peticular corner with nothing in it. The large bird waddled over to the corner and fluffed out his feathers before falling into a peaceful sleep. Ashen sighed gently with relief. She noticed a small schedule on a bedside table and her hand wandered to gab it.
Intro to Double Battles
Trainer and Pokemon workout

Free Period
Egg Development

She smiled slightly at her schedule before placing it back on the bedside table. Ashen grabbed a few bathing utensils with the intent on showering before her roommate came in. Her hand was on the handle and was about to open it, but the soft patter of water on plastic made her stop. 'Oh? I was the second one here?' Ashen thought as she removed her hand from the door. She then returned to her bed and replaced the few showering items she provided for herself before simply watching her Espeon pad and prod at everything in sight and wonder what her roommate would be like.

Last edited:
Knowing Key, he probably wanted to run off towards the lake and have a swim. He was the only one who would even consider such a crazy thing in early, cold winter. Alice shook her head with a smile, "I'm not so sure."

A silky hum escaped through lips as she brushed her fingers through her soft hair. The water felt like a remedy against her skin, and the cream scented soap she lathered herself with rinsed down her body. Her silvery voice resounded in the bathroom, soothing the tragic lyrics of the song. From behind the shower curtain, an eerie hand ran its fingers along the material, leaving a trail of blood. Reluctantly, Alice turned off the water and stepped out the shower, a layer of mist fogging her vision. She patted her slim body and curves with a towel, and put on her bathrobe.
As she opened the bathroom door, wisps of fog escaped into her room. Her jewel eyes were glassy and dazed from her soothing shower. From the crack of the wardrobe, demonic eyes glared the young dame. Skin flushed with warmth, she walked towards the single bed in the room to glimpse at her classes. Against her wishes, her father had paid for a single room. Frowning, Alice sighed as her class schedule had gone missing.
She could have sworn she had left it on top of the bed.

Turning towards the wardrobe, she opened it and pulled out a second uniform. As she turned again to face the mirror, a pale skinned demon with sockets for eyes opened its dagger lined mouth, clacking its jaw. Alice pursed her lips, and stuck out her hand. She stared the demon down, and the illusion began to fade. A darker than average Gengar sunk into the room from the ceiling, it's smile down turned with disappointment.
"Taz, give back my schedule."
Snickering with menace, the ghost Pokemon gave back her crumbled schedule and sunk through the ground, probably off to scare the other seniors. Taz was the source of all the paranormal rumours in the university. Uncrumbling her schedule, she glanced down at her classes.

Egg development
Intro to double battles
Free period

Diamond heard the thanks of Ashen and Smiled. We walked into his Room. There were 1 Bed and Tons of Free Space. "Whew!" Diamond said lying face first into his bed. "I get my own Room!" He shouted as stretched his arms. He realeased Lucky from its Monster Ball. The Lucario looked around the room and smiled softly. He sat in the cornor and slowly fell asleep. "Well School is tommorow, better get ready."

Diamond took out his Scedule and Memorized it.

Intro to Double Battles
Egg Development
Free Period
Trainer and Pokemon Workout.

Diamond finished reading and went to the showers. He got himself washed and dried and he then went to sleep. Midnight was glowing Blue as the moon came up. Diamond petted him softly and went to bed.

Kay, who was still soaking her body, heard the soft noise of a door close. 'My roommate?' She thought as she turned off the water. Kay slid open the curtains, grabbing the towel that hung near her. She shook her wet hair with the towel, and slid it down to her hips. After drying off her thin body, she wrapped it around herself, making sure to cover up unnecessary parts. The wet towel clung to her curves, and she rubbed her eyes. Her pale pink hair gathered on her left shoulder. Kay opened the door, one hand against the towel.

“Oh-Hello..” She stammered, looking at her small feet. “I'm Kay..” Kay took a deep breath. She awkwardly laughed, “I should probably change...” Quickly, Kay rushed into the room, closing the door behind her. Grabbing her formal clothes, she slipped them on: A short white dress with a black ruffle skirt attached, and her treasured gem necklace. Kay tied her wet hair up into a messy bun, and grabbed her schedule:

Egg Development,
Intro to Double Battles,
Free Period,
Trainer and Pokemon Workout.

Seems reasonable. Kay opened the door and put her schedule in her pocket. Then she took out a Pokeball, releasing it up. An elegant Leafeon emerged, purring gently as it saw her trainer. Kay picked up Leafeon, holding her close to her chest. She stroked the smooth fur of Leafeon, beaming happily. but she soon returned her and hurried off to the dinner. She looked quite adorable and pleasing to the eye.

Last edited:
It took Rory some time before he realized Key didn't have any clothes on, so he immediately went into his bag and threw a towel at him. "gross man, props though, but gross." Rory walks over to his bed, trows his bags down, walks toward the bathroom and starts to get ready. Rory straightens his shirt, adjusts his computer bag and grabs a . He looks into the mirror and thinks, This is as formal as it's gonna get. Rory grabs Kirlia's pokeball out of his bag and presses the middle button. In a flash of light, Kirlia comes out of her pokeball. "we're gonna live here for some time so get comfortable," Kirlia nodded and started to explore.

Rory looked down at his schedule he was still holding for some reason, it showed;
Intro to double battles
Trainer and Pokemon workout
Free period
Egg Development

It looked like a basic schedule, Rory folded up the paper and put it in his back pocket. Rory walked back to his bed and started to set up his desktop computer on the table nearby. plugging in everything, making sure he could still play his usual videogames. After he did, Rory walked to the entrance. "see ya there."

During his time waiting for the dinner preparations to be completed, Carter started a game of poker with his Charizard. It attracted the attention from other early students, and before long a group of players had gathered around the game.
"Hey Carter, whats your schedule for this year?"
Raising a brow, he passed the slip of paper, careful that his cards weren't peeking.

Intro to double battles

Egg development
Free period

At the end of the game, Carter had won most the student's desired dinner portions and carry on objects such as potions and antidotes. Rolling a few oran berries in his hand, he handed them to his Charizard that happily took them from him.

Blonde

Formerly TrainerNiko
Key laughed as he was handed the towel. His new room mate seemed cool enough and he didn't want to be rude so he swung the towel around his bottom half and proceeded to his room, where since he was still a little sour from the workout decided to go against the rules a little and wear black joggers on instead of his dress pants, his other school uniform top and yellow converse. He looked over at Houndoom and Jolteon and laughed.
"Let's hope I don't get in trouble for this" he said.
Jolteon and Houndoom laughed and proceeded towards the front door, Key stopped in front of the door and looked over at Rory.
"hey my name is Key by the way!" He smiles at him and proceeded to make his way downstairs for dinner.

As he made his way down the stairs, he noticed that many people were staring in a crowd. The orange tip of a Pokemon stood out from the crowd and Key could only guess carter. He laughed to himself, Carter was almost like a big annoying brother to him, but instead of going over to look he let it be.

Key made it into the dining hall were not many kids showed up yet. He smiled.
"This gives me a chance" he said.
He made his way towards the kitchen, when he entered a rush of good smiles and the sound of busy souls came rushing at him.
"hurry we have to have the mash potatoes done soon"
"I need more salt for these!"
"Watch out coming behind you!"
Key was mesmerized by the kitchen crew and their hard work, but he didn't want to interrupt anyone so he left without a sound or word.

Key continued his look around as people made their way downstairs. The sound of the rain, since it was slightly empty, filled the room. He leaned up against the window and looked outside. Houndoom and Jolteon decided to jump up onto Key's lap and relax, he smiled and began to soothe them with a relaxing fur stroke.

Droplets of water ran down her clear umbrella as Alice stood, protected by the rain. She could hear the chatter within the building next to her, a closed window peering into the dining room. Dinner was soon to be served, but the rain was too tempting to be ignored.
Electricity sparked the air, clashing with the droplets of rain. Hooves pounded against the field, a fiery mane lit with a forceful gray fire. Ciel, a shiny Rapidash charged, covered in a mighty veil of electricity that conjoined with it's flames. On the other end, Taz floated in the air, releasing balls of shadows from it's palms. Ciel tore through them, as if ripping them apart with sparking blades. With a snicker, Taz continued to create an obstacle of shadow balls, failing to dent Ciel's electric armor.

Alice smiled as the two continued to play, despite their mean and aggressive looks; they were undeniably having fun in the rain. She was glad she had obtained the Wild Charge TM, as it was the only electric move Ciel could learn.
As Ciel continued to smash through Taz's shadow balls, the ghost smiled with a wicked gleam in it's eyes. Through it's snickering teeth, a purple smog began to seep and thicken the air. Ciel began to charge faster, accepting Taz's challenge. The smog was unhindered by the heavy rain, and sickened the air with blinding poison. Ciel couldn't see, but could hear the whirring and whipping of shadows that began to circle and spin around him. Taz created a carousel of shadow balls, and all together, they rushed in towards Ciel.

The smog cleared, and Taz's smile turned down in disappointment. Ciel stood battered, but with a sharp gleam in his eyes as his mane grew stronger. Mouth twisting into a grin, Gengar snickered, mentally planning more obstacles to orchestrate. The two turned to look at their trainer, hoping for them to have more time in the rain. With a sigh, Alice tapped at her wrist. Dinner was about to be served.

Diamond looked around the Room. Lucky was Sleeping and Midnight was running around full of energy. "Heh." Diamond smirked. Diamond stood up and opened the door. "C'mon Midnight. Lets go." Diamond said. Midnight nodded as the two walked out of the room. They walked down to the Main Hall. There were many lockers that were already decorated by other students. Midnight stared at the lockers amazed at the design of the Diffrent lockers. "I guess they are pretty good." Diamond said smiling.

Making her way to the halls, the petite girl found the whole group of people, gathered in groups, chatting with eachother. Looking around with a sniff, she quickly took a chair from an unused table, and sat down. She tapped at the necklace dangling against her chest, and crossed one leg over the other. Lowly, she hummed to herself, tossing Leafeon's Pokeball in the air.

“Leaf!~” Kay picked up her Leafeon, nuzzling her close. She stood up, Leafeon resting on her shoulder. Kay made her way to the snack bar, and took a small strawberry cupcake. She unwrapped it and took a small bite, seating herself in the middle of the room, in another empty table.

Rory started to walk out toward the dining hall, he took Kirlia's pokeball, and released her. A flash of light appeared and faded as Kirlia appeared walking alongside Rory. "Be on your best behavior, unless we get challenged to a battle, then go all out," Rory told Kirlia as he reached the stairs that lead down into the dining hall. As Rory got closer, he could hear everyone there, clearer and clearer every step they took. Rory looked to his right to see Kirlia's exited eyes filled with wonder and nervousness.

As rory reached the final few steps, Rory started to see the room. It was incredibly shiny, decorations hung from the ceiling, it Reminded Rory of his older sister's parties. There was a lot of talking, but nothing really interesting was happening. He walked into the room, scanning it for people to talk to. And then, Rory noticed someone sitting alone with her Leafeon in the middle of the room. He walked up to her through the crowd of people. Unknowing how to get her attention, Rory tapped on he shoulder and told her, "Excuse me, you seem rather bored, do you mind having a battle with me? It might attract attention, but a little crowd would make things a little more interesting before the food arrives."