• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open A Calamity in Athos

"We are the destruction, the purge. We are... The Calamity!"
Welcome to the Athos region. Forged on myths, legends... And terror. Team Calamity threatens the region. You are part of this team.
You may join as a grunt, an admin, or a scientist.

GRUNTS

You are the lowest rank, doing the dirty work for the Team.
  • You may have a maximum of FOUR pokemon.
  • No pseudo-legendaries. (but you can have their pre-evolutions.)
  • No fully-evolved dragon types (except for druddigon.)
  • Your uniform is a black jumpsuit, round goggles, mechanical gloves, and a chestplate with a "C" on it. Also armoured boots.
  • If I deem it necessary, you will be promoted to Admin.
SCIENTISTS
You do research for the team, investigating different types of pokemon.
  • You may have a maximum of FIVE pokemon, but they all must share the same primary type.
  • You may have ONE pseudo-legendary, if it's the same type as the type you research.
  • Your uniform is a black jumpsuit, round goggles, and a white lab coat with a "C" on the breast.
ADMINS
The highest rank before the boss (me,) you have much power over the grunts.
  • You may have a maximum of SIX pokemon.
  • You may have one dragon type OR one pseudo-legendary (If a dragon is your pseudo, so be it. Druddigon still doesn't count.)
  • You can decide your own uniform, as long as it shares properties with the grunt outfit. Goggles are a must.
  • There are only four admin spots, so if you want to be one, choose it quick.
ENTRY SHEET
Name: Your character's name.
Physical appearance: What do you look like?
Personality: how does your character act around others?
Team: Self-Explanatory.

Name: Quentin
Physical appearance: Long blond hair, hazel left eye (Right eye covered), Scars on right side of face
Personality: Incredibly cold-hearted, ruthless. Will not hesitate to punish or kill anyone found disobeying.
Team: Staraptor (Dave), Stoutland (Terrence), Gardevoir (Psycha), Aggron (Girsku), Pangoro (Creed), Shiny Aegislash (Oathbreaker)

So just do whatever evil teams do, I guess. Steal Pokemon, rob stores, cause mayhem. The region is based on Greece, so the hideout is in an old Parthenon dedicated to a legendary Pokemon.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quentin clenched the steel railing with his mechanized glove, denting it slightly. Why was it that all the terrorist teams were so inefficient? walking down the staircase, he readjusted the mask covering his mouth, his eye, his scars. Shaking off the memory and pulling the goggles on his forehead down over his eyes, he swept a piercing stare over all the grunts and scientists hard at work. Dave, his staraptor, his only remaining original Pokemon, flew lazily behind him, nipping at grunts who were dozing off. Smiling slightly at the way the people under his command cowered in his presence, Quentin suddenly noticed a grunt, sitting in a chair... feeding his poocheyena. Quentin's eye narrowed as he strode over to the grunt, cape sweeping behind him.

"What is the meaning of this?!" He growled, standing over the grunt

The other man looked up fearfully, completely terrified. "I... Uh... s-sir..."

"This does not look like work to me. what is your name?" Replied Quentin, his voice deathly calm. by now many other workers had turned to face the unfolding scenario, scared and relieved it was not them.

"A-Albert, sir." said the man shakily, looking down.

"Albert. Do you love your poocheyena dearly?"

"Y-yes, sir." the man looked up, hopeful.

"Perfect. This will be so much more fun." the man's relief turned to terror as Quentin picked up the poocheyena by the scruff of the neck and stalked off. Gesturing to Dave, he called over his shoulder. "Albert, meet me in the execution room. Now."

Name: Dunice
Physical appearance: Brown hair, green eyes, black hoodie with a dragonair on it.
Personality: Rude, Strict, Stubborn, Sore-Loser, Evil
Team: Dragonair (Broski), Gallade (Blademaster), Mightyena (Scarce), Scrafty (Punko), Purrloin (Beauty), and the strongest, Golurk (Golem)

Dunice walked to Quentin. "Hehe, I was able to get a Watchog. Only I didn't get it, a grunt did. But I took the blame." Dunice pulled out the Watchog from the cage. "So plan on using it? It's pretty good when it comes to watching....hence the name." Dunice heard a roar. "Shoot." A Malamar came down from a ledge. A girl in a pink dress quickly yelled "STOP THEM!" Dunice stared at her.

"A Malamar." Dunice grinned, then looked at his boss, nodding. "If I win, I get that Malamar." The girl obliged. "No, I'd rather not give you Brainiac." Dunice pointed to the execution room. "Well I have no choice but t-" The girl interrupted. "FINE!" Dunice grinned. "I thought so. GO SCARCE!" Scarce came out, and Dunice yelled. "Easy. Use Shadow Ball." The Malamar fainted. And Dunice took her pokeball. "Thanks, now go to the execution room."

Quentin glared at his admin.

"Dunice. Does it look like I am in the middle of something?!" He roared. "You think I care about a watchog?! Send it to the cage room!" He shook his head.
He continued walking toward the execution room when he heard a commotion from behind. That idiot Dunice! He thought to himself. Spinning around on his heel, he watched as Dunice's Mighteyena fainted some girl's Malamar. As the man ushered the girl past Quentin to the Execution room, Quentin grabbed his shoulder.
"Dunice! How could you allow an intruder to enter? And a little girl at that!" He yelled, fed up. "The execution room. Is. For. POKEMON. AND GRUNTS, not some little girl!" He shook his head again. Honestly! He couldn't, however, allow this girl to leave with a memory of the place.
"Go, Psycha!" He exclaimed, throwing the Gardevoir's pokeball. Out sprang Psycha, ready for battle.
"Use hypnosis, then confusion!" yelled Quentin again. Psycha sent an eerie ray at the girl, who fell asleep.
"Dunice, take the Malamar and Watchog to the Cell Room. Get a grunt to take this girl back to the city. And don't bother me with uselessness again!" And Quentin continued striding, poocheyena in hand, Albert in tow, to the execution room.

Dunice sneered at the girl. "What if I said I saw a Houndoom.......that can mega evolve.....and I was on the edge of stealing it?" Dunice said to his boss. "IVAN!" A grunt by the name scattered to me. "Y-yes, M...mr. Dunice Sir?" Dunice slapped Ivan. "Take this girl back to the city." Ivan nodded and grabbed the girl. Dunice walked out of the execution room to the cell room. "Stay in there." Dunice growled at the Malamar and Watchog. "You, Watchog, you got me in trouble. Normal types are stupid. I prefer dragon or dark." Dunice walked into the execution room to watch the show.

"Anyway what I wanted to say is I saw a Houndoom today, and I was about to steal it, until I got a burn from it." Dunice pulled up his hoodie sleeve, showing his boss his burn. It looked pretty bad. "I'm gonna go see if that stolen Vanilluxe will put some ice on it." Dunice walked out again, going to the Cell Room.

Name: Mike
Physical appearance: Normal clothes for a grunt. He has red hair, and Brown Eyes.
Personality: Quick to run away, and clever sometimes, if its not dangerous.
Team: Salandit (Bandit), Sneasel (Thief), Krookodile (Crook), and Honchcrow (Outlaw)

Mike walked in with a Sneasel, and a Salandit by his side. "H-hey, boss." Mike said nervously. "We have s-some Pokemon we stole for you, sir!" Crook and Outlaw dragged 3 ice cubes with Pokemon trapped inside. The first was a Raticate, next was a Bagon, and the last one was a Dratini. "I hope you like them sir!" Mike said, still nervous that the Pokemon were not good enough.

Dunice looked at Mike. "Very well, but the Raticate needs to go. Take Dratini and Bagon to the Cell Room." Dunice was holding an ice cube against his arm. Dunice adjusted his goggles. "When you get back, I expect you to catch this." Dunice showed Mike a picture of a Houndoom in a field. "Bring it to me."

Dunice sent out Beauty. "Beauty, search the perimeter. Use Shadow Ball on any intruders." Beauty nodded then ran fast out the door.

Quentin punched his mangled nose.

"Dunice, if you talked anymore, you'd be a chatot!" Exclaimed the man. "And why are you complaining about a burn? I promoted you because i assumed you were competent. Don't make me rethink."
Quentin turned as the grunt approached him with the captured Pokemon. "A bagon... excellent. When that evolves it will be quite powerful."
Quentin glared as Dunice began giving orders. "We will keep the raticate, Mr. Dunice. I do not see why you dislike normal types o much. Mike, bring them to the cell room. Then go and find that Houndoom. Dunice will give you a summary."

"Alright then, boss!" Mike said. He walked and started to bring the frozen Pokemon into the cage room. "He even said my name!" Mike exclaimed. "I can smell that promotion already!" He put the frozen Pokemon in cages. "Alright Bandit! Use ember to melt the ice!" Mike ordered. Bandit sent out a flame, melting their ice trap. Mike walked back out to learn the summary of his mission from Dunice. "So, what do I need to do boss?" Mike asked the Admin.

Dunice stared at Quentin. "I have you know....." Dunice stopped the sentence. Dunice didn't wanna talk about how his dad died.....the normal type by the name of Snorlax crushed him to death.

Dunice heard a "PURR!" and ran to Beauty. "Purrloin, purr." Beauty was burned, and Dunice yelled. "THE MEDICAL ROOM!" Dunice looked up. Houndoom. "Don't make me hate fire types too." Dunice said, sending out Scarce. "Scarce, use Bite!" Scarce bit the Houndoom, a big wound on the Houndoom's shoulder. Dunice returned Scarce then walked to the Medical Room, pacing. When Beauty came out, Dunice was impressed and surprised. Beauty walked up to him, and spoke. "Lie, liepard."

Last edited:
Mike rushed into the room. "What is going on here?" Mike asked. He saw the Houndoom. "Crook! Use Glare!" Mike yelled. Crook ran up and gave the Houndoom a glare, paralyzing it. "Finish it ff with an Earthquake!" Mike ordered. Crook then made a small earthquake finishing of the Houndoom. Theif then froze it in a block of ice.