• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

#681 - Aegislash

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
681-1.png
681-0.png

(Aegislash Sword forme and Shield forme)
#681 Aegislash
[type=steel][/type]/[type=ghost][/type]

20446_info.png

Japanese Name: Royal Sword
Classification: Royal Sword Pokémon
Height: 5' 07"
Weight: 116.8 lbs.
Egg Group: Mineral

20450_abilities.png

Ability: Stance Change

20449_cryptidata.png

Revealed: This Pokémon, along with a slew of others, was initially revealed within leaked CoroCoro scans on October 11th. It was later revealed internationally by Pokémon.com on October 16th.

Additional Info: Aegislash's exclusive new ability, Stance Change, allows it to shift between its Shield forme and Blade forme based on the actions it takes. When in Shield forme its Defense and Special Defense stats are raised, while in Blade forme its Attack and Sp. Attack are raised. If you choose an attacking move while in Shield forme Aegislash will change to its Blade forme just before the move is triggered. Using a defensive move, like King's Shield, will change it from Blade forme to Shield forme.

20454_pokedex.png

X: Generations of kings were attended by these Pokémon, which used their spectral power to manipulate and control people and Pokémon.
Y: Apparently, it can detect innate qualities of leadership. According to legend, whoever it recognises is destined to become king.

20453_locations.png

Evolve from Doublade

20455_evolution.png

20508_679-681.png

Evolves from Doublade when exposed to a Dusk Stone

20462_levelup.png

--- Fury Cutter
--- Pursuit
--- Autotomize
--- Shadow Sneak
--- Slash
--- Iron Defense
--- Night Slash
--- Power Trick
--- Iron Head
--- Head Smash
--- Swords Dance
--- Aerial Ace
--- King's Shield
--- Sacred Sword

20469_artwork.png

Aegislash-Blade-and-Shield-.png
20470_screenshots.png

oct_p11_03.jpg
oct_p11_02.jpg
oct_p11_01.jpg
oct_p11_05.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was really worried that Doublade would be Honedge's final evolution, that would have been such a waste. But this thing is awesome. Amazing name, cool concept, looks insane. Definitely one of my favourites this Gen.

This looks amazing. Glad they went the sword-and-shield route, rather then...well, I would've found three ghost swords tied together a bit too much. But no, this thing is awesome. I like the different stances, I like that is has shed the No Guard Ability, I just like everything about it! Shame, though, that I have to find a Dusk Stone first. :p

I already have one on my team, and I have to admit, this thing is a beast. I love it, I love the design, I love the ability. Not quite fond of the name, but whatever... I'm really happy that the awesome Honedge gets to become something like this. Kudos GF! :D

I've been waiting for a ghost/steel for so long ever since I thought of my own fakemon (also ghost/steel) a few years back. I only wish they didn't change the type effectiveness against steel to ghost and dark are 1x instead of 1/2x like they used to be. If they didn't and this thing had levitate, that would be one badass pokemon. It's still badass nonetheless.

I've been waiting for a ghost/steel for so long ever since I thought of my own fakemon (also ghost/steel) a few years back. I only wish they didn't change the type effectiveness against steel to ghost and dark are 1x instead of 1/2x like they used to be. If they didn't and this thing had levitate, that would be one badass pokemon. It's still badass nonetheless.
although if it had levitate, it wouldn't have stance change.
unless Pokemon suddenly were able to have 2 abilities at once

I have been waiting so long for an amazing Ghost steel type, I must wait no longer. This Pokemon is amazing.

I already have one on my team, and I have to admit, this thing is a beast. I love it, I love the design, I love the ability. Not quite fond of the name, but whatever... I'm really happy that the awesome Honedge gets to become something like this. Kudos GF! :D
I think it's name comes from the shield Talia uses in the Percy Jackson series.

True, however even though stance change is a good ability for it to have, it wouldn't bother me that much if it had levitate instead.
What about the ability capsule?

Ah…. Aegislash. I hate this thing almost as much as I hate minions and FNAF. The design is absolutely horrid, the shield looks really stupid, the flowing ribbons that it once had as Honedge and Doublade or now stiff and awkward looking, ugh I hate everything about it's design. It stole the signature move of Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion!!!!!!!! Stupid Aegislash, it did not deserve Sacred Sword.
Also this thing is so overused, to the point were I've heard fans who like Aegislash say "Nah I don't like this thing anymore, it's getting boring because everyone seems to have one". And that is the truth, EVERYONE seems to have one!
Sigh… I'm also disappointed that Aegislash happened to get the typing that I have wanted for years, Steel Ghost…. Great typing wasted on a Pokemon that I hate with a passion. Another thing that disappoints me is that Honedge and Doublade looked fantastic, I was expecting them to turn into this really epic Sword Pokemon, but instead we got this thing…….
So yeah I hate Aegislash, got a problem? Well I'm sorry but your going to have to deal with it. Not everyone has to like this thing.
Overall Aegislash is one of my least favourite Kalos Pokemon (along with Barbaracle) and if I had to rate it out of 10, I'd give it 0.

Last edited:
for i time i thought that it was a fairy/steel type but my mistake. i really like but the Pokemon company has to stop using the doubling technique and tripling technique. The following Pokemon were created (in my opinion) be using theses techniques. Doubling- metang, zweilous, duosion, metagross. tripling- hydreigon, dugtrio, magneton. the list goes on and on!

This has to be my favorite pokemon aside from ninetales and altaria. THE PERFECT ONE FOR ME. For me, 12/10. Also, the shiny looks awsome but slightly creepy like it has a shadow camouflage suit on, red and black.

Last edited:
This has to be my favorite pokemon aside from ninetales and altaria. THE PERFECT ONE FOR ME. For me, 12/10. Also, the shiny looks awsome but slightly creepy like it has a shadow camouflage suit on, red and black.

Well that a ghost for you creepy, sneaky, and sending shivers down your spine.

It's... so..... FRICKING AMAZING

I can't believe i did not use this is y in x i will use the crap outta it

Ha my promise has been kept! i'm now doing my 2 second run of y My team Aegislash scizor Mega blastouise chestnaught magmortar ( Gave it to myself from my copy of oras ) And finally aklazam

The fact that it's named after the shield Aegis bothers me a bit...
If the Pokemon could be used like the actual shield in the myth Victini would go rather well with it on a team...