• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

#668 - Pyroar

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
668-0.png

#668 - Pyroar
[type=fire][/type]/[type=normal][/type]

20446_info.png

Japanese Name: Kaenjishi
Classification: Royal Pokémon
Height: 4'11''
Weight: 179.7 lbs.
Egg Group: Field

20450_abilities.png

Ability: Rivalry or Unerve
Hidden Ability: Moxie

20449_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Pyroar was mistakenly revealed by IGN on the morning of the 12th of September and was then later officially revealed through them in the afternoon.

Additional Info: When Litleo evolves into Pyroar, it gains a great mane of burning flame! Male and female Pyroar have different forms.

20454_pokedex.png

X: The male with the largest mane of fire is the leader of the pride.
Y: With fiery breath of more than 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit, they viciously threaten any challenger. The females protect the pride's cubs.

20453_locations.png

Friend Safari

20455_evolution.png

20502_667-668.png

Evolves from Litleo at level 35.

20462_levelup.png

--- Hyper Beam
--- Tackle
--- Leer
Lv. 5 - Ember
Lv. 8 - Work Up
Lv. 11 - Headbutt
Lv. 15 - Noble Roar
Lv. 20 - Take Down
Lv. 23 - Fire Fang
Lv. 28 - Endeavor
Lv. 33 - Echoed Voice
Lv. 38 - Flamethrower
Lv. 42 - Crunch
Lv. 48 - Hyper Voice
Lv. 51 - Incnerate
Lv. 57 - Overheat

20469_artwork.png

Pyroar-male-and-female.png
20470_screenshots.png

Pyroar_Male_Version_Sc2.png
Pyroar_Male_Version_Officia.png
Pyroar_Female_Version_Offic.png

Pyroar_Female_Version_Official_Screenshot_2_bmp_jpgcopy - Copy.jpg
Pyroar_Male_Version_Official_Screenshot_2_bmp_jpgcopy - Copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Agreed that this is very probably Litleo's evolution. It looks pretty decent in my opinion and definitely covers a proper Lion Pokemon. That mane!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
That is definitely quite the mane! I don't dislike the thing, but I'm not sure if I care much for it either. XD

Guess we'll need to wait a bit longer to learn if its typing changes from Litleo or not.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Welp, so much for my hopes that Litleo evolves into something not utterly generic and boring. One disappointment after another, I swear.

Although I do rather appreciate the subtle touch of the yellow bits of the mane forming the Kanji for fire. Looks a bit better in official art than in its ingame model... but still looks fairly derp. Ah well.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I really like the official art, much more so than the in-game model thing. It's kinda generic, yes, but I just really like that mane and oh goodness, the way it looks at you is kinda.... idk how to put it, it's like this cute loyal dog kind of thing I guess? But in a cat. Erm, a lion. But yeah. XD

*pets the mane~* it looks so fluffy :'D

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Like a few of the Kalos Pokémon I like Pyroar a lot more after seeing the official artwork. It may not be what we wanted or expected, but honestly I really like it and can't wait to welcome it to my team. ♥

The artwork makes the mane look a lot less robot-y and much more normal, too. xp

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
The artwork certainly helps me appreciate this Pokemon a lot more, yup. That mane looks quite nifty now. I'm a tad surprised that it remained part Normal-type but at least it's a unique dual-type combo.

Not sure if I like Pyroar enough to use it on my first Gen VI team (especially with that event Torchic up for grabs) but it's not a bad design either. It's nice finally having our Fire-type lion. ^^

Agreed that this is very probably Litleo's evolution. It looks pretty decent in my opinion and definitely covers a proper Lion Pokemon. That mane!

I know right I mean before now Entei was the only lion Pokemon and i didn't really look like one either. I think it is about time that they made this Pokemon along with the panda, and the poodle.