• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

#666 - Vivillon

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
666-6.png

#666 - Vivillon
[type=bug][/type]/[type=flying][/type]

20446_info.png

Japanese Name: Vivillon
Classification: Scale Pokémon
Height: 3'11"
Weight: 37.5 lbs
Egg Group: Bug

20450_abilities.png

Ability: Shield Dust or Compoundeyes
Hidden Ability: Friend Guard

20449_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Vivillon was briefly revealed during the Nintendo Direct E3 Conference on the 11th of June 2013, along with Noivern.

Additional Info: As described by Pokemon.com, 'The Bug- and Flying-type Pokémon Vivillon uses its wings to scatter its scales or create a strong wind to attack. Vivillon is said to have a secret hidden in the colorful decorative pattern on its wings.' Vivillon's wing pattern and colours depends on what regional settings you have on your 3DS.

20454_pokedex.png

X: Vivillon with many different patterns are found all over the world. These patterns are affected by the climate of their habitat.
Y: The patterns on this Pokémon's wings depend on the climate and topography of its habitat. It scatters colorful scales.

20453_locations.png

Friend Safari

20455_evolution.png

20501_664-666.png

Evolves from Spewpa at level 12.

20462_levelup.png

--- Poison Powder
--- Stun Spore
--- Gust
--- Light Screen
--- Powder
--- Sleep Powder
Lv. 12 - Struggle Bug
Lv. 17 - Psybeam
Lv. 21 - Supersonic
Lv. 25 - Draining Kiss
Lv. 31 - Aromatherapy
Lv. 35 - Bug Buzz
Lv. 41 - Safeguard
Lv. 45 - Quiver Dance
Lv. 50 - Hurricane
Lv. 55 - Powder

20469_artwork.png

vivillon_fr_prismillon_viv.png
Alternate Forms
666-0.png
666-1.png
666-2.png
666-3.png
666-4.png
666-5.png
666-7.png
666-8.png
666-9.png
666-10.png
666-11.png
666-12.png
666-13.png
666-14.png
666-15.png
666-16.png
666-17.png
20470_screenshots.png

june_new_p11_01.png
june_new_p11_02.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Re: #??? - Vivilion

This is likely my least favourite of the generation six Pokémon so far, but I by no means hate it. It's kinda cute and it'll probably grow on me over time, but now I'm wondering what the bug it evolves from looks like. xD

So, this is Gen VI's fully evolved starting Bug Type(I'm assuming). I wonder if there's another Bug type Pokemon, as with the Caterpie and Weedle lines, or if Vivillion is one fully evolved form and there's another evolutionary path, as with Wurmple.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
After seeing what the secret behind Vivillon's wings is, I actually really, really like this Pokemon. Gotta find 'em all now! ♥

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Vivillon_list_5.jpg
So this is basically the pattern I got in my game. Oddly, a friend of mine that lives nearby got a completely different colour. He must have forgotten to set his information somewhere along the lines, as this seems to be the standard pattern for the UK xD

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
View attachment 12598
So this is basically the pattern I got in my game. Oddly, a friend of mine that lives nearby got a completely different colour. He must have forgotten to set his information somewhere along the lines, as this seems to be the standard pattern for the UK xD
Actually, both are available in the UK - certain countries have several types, and we're apparently one of them :)

I have a Vivillon just because I wanted to know what pattern I would get. It was Modern which is kinda lame in my opinion so I haven't used it since it evolved. But I do like all the different patterns ♥

I quite like all of the different patterns, and it seems like this would be a nice 'mon to collect each variation of. It's also not to bad ingame, at least, during the early portions. I didn't use it too much after Gym 2. I kinda wish it was Bug/Fairy, though. That would be kinda nice.

My goodness, all the different forms! My favorite would have to be the first one on the bottom row, because the colors remind me of Gen V, my second-favorite out of all 6 generations of Pokemon so far.

I thought the 666 Pokemon would be more. . . more sinister looking, but then again looks can be deceiving. Sometimes. Espurr would fit it better.

i never knew satan was actually a butterfly. im going to have nightmares now. thats enough of that but its very meh-ish in my opinion. i like its designs and i got my pokeball vivillon recently however its probably going to be in my pc

FOR ETERNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yah! Finaly we have somthing to collect besides unown. FYI I have caught all of the unown in Pokemon Pearl and it is sort of hard (looking for them I mean, not catching them, just use a great ball or dusk ball after putting them to sleep)

IT IS THE BUTTERFLY FROM HELL SAVE US ALL

I wish that if you leveled Vivillon up to level 66 it would glitch to level 666 and then learn some demonic move XD