• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

#661 - Fletchling

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
661-0.png

#661 - Fletchling
[type=flying][/type]/[type=normal][/type]

20446_info.png

Japanese Name: Yayakoma
Classification: Japanese Robin Pokémon
Height: 0.3m / 1'00"
Weight: 1.7kg / 3.7 lbs
Egg Group: Flying

20450_abilities.png

Ability: Big Pecks
Hidden Ability: Gale Wings

20449_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Fletchling, along with Pancham, Gogoat, and Helioptile, was first revealed on May 11th within a leaked scan from the June 2013 issue of CoroCoro. It was officially revealed on the Pokemon website on 15th May. It's said to have a beautiful battle cry.

Additional Info: As described by Pokemon.com, "with a friendly nature and a beautiful chirp, Fletchling is a popular Pokémon among many Trainers. But Fletchling is also known to be ferocious in battle, capable of unleashing relentless attacks!"

20454_pokedex.png

X: These friendly Pokémon send signals to one another with beautiful chirps and tail-feather movements.
Y: Despite the beauty of its lilting voice, it's merciless to intruders that enter its territory.

20453_locations.png

Route 2, Route 3

20455_evolution.png

20500_661-663.png

Evolves into Fletchinder at Level 17.

20462_levelup.png

--- Tackle
--- Growl
Lv. 6 - Quick Attack
Lv. 10 - Peck
Lv. 13 - Agility
Lv. 16 - Flail
Lv. 21 - Roost
Lv. 25 - Razor Wind
Lv. 29 - Natural Gift
Lv. 34 - Flame Charge
Lv. 39 - Acrobatics
Lv. 41 - Me First
Lv. 45 - Tailwind
Lv. 48 - Steel Wing

20469_artwork.png

fletchling.png
20470_screenshots.png

may_supp_p3_3.png
fletchling_passerouge_darti.png
may_p7_4.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Re: #??? - Yayakoma

meme_rainbow-1_zps9a5b831b.jpg

Look at its little legs! It's little legs! And its little beak and ohmygoodness just eeeeeeeeeeeeee! ♥

Well I like it :'D

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Re: #??? - Yayakoma

New early birdie go! While I'm not overly impressed with its design I must admit that this little birdie is following the trend in which certain Pokemon's 3D models look better to me than their artwork does. It actually looks rather cool in some of its battle shots (just need the better quality screenshots to properly judge it). Depending on what its evolutions look like and how they balance the line's stats, I could see Yayakoma growing on me.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
may_supp_p3_3.png

That face! *Combusts from cuteness*

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
It's probably the first bird since Pidgey that I've thought was genuinely cute and I'll want to train on my first run through

I'll use this as long as it doesn't end up as shafted as the Pidove line(that is, having a good attacking stat but mostly learning moves of the other).

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
I'm not sure what I think of this one... It's certainly better than last generations bird, and I don't hate it by any means, I guess it just depends what it evolves into. The English name doesn't suit a robin by any means, mind. xD

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Aeolian said:
I am well aware this is about the size of a Robin, but it looks silly..
Sorry Magpie :L It just does.
D:<

When it evolves into an epic firebird of epic doom it's coming for you! >:D

I like it. If contests are in x and y, he's a sure- fire cuteness winner; but nobody sees a small concern I have. If this pokemons evolutions are similar to kanto, then will the evolution cycle be similar to spearow or pidgey? Also, will it evolve specially, taking advantage of friendship stats or the 3ds's gyroscope? And, my hope if this shows true to friendship evolution, will we finally be able to see friendship I a numeric value, so we can understand how close a friendly pokemon evolves?

well yeah fletchling is kinda cool..... but i wish oh gamefreak i wish for a flying type with no normal type with it! come on atleast almost all types have a pure! (yannow a poke with just one type) and flying has no representative!

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Tornadus and Sky Plate Arceus beg to differ (Although they are legendaries so they don't quite count, perhaps).

In any case, Fletchling loses its normal sub-type in favor of a fire-type upon evolution, so your argument is kind of invalid.

well yeah.....since it becomes a flying-fire type.....but anyway it`s not like i don`t like the evolutionary chain of fletchling but i think fletchling should have been flying-fire all along....

Tornadus and Sky Plate Arceus beg to differ (Although they are legendaries so they don't quite count, perhaps).

In any case, Fletchling loses its normal sub-type in favor of a fire-type upon evolution, so your argument is kind of invalid.

Although he did forget Tornadus, I believe that he was talking about Pokemon who are pure Flying types naturally (as in, without the need for an Ability, Held Item, or move that causes a Pokemon to change into a pure Flying type, as with Arceus and Kecleon, for example).

Anyway, I'm glad that they finally deviated from the normal pattern with the Fletchling line. In Gen I, they established two Normal/Flying lines that are available early on in the game, one with three Pokemon and one with two. I am, of course, referring to the Pidgey and Spearow lines.

Now, Gens II and III followed this pattern with the Spearow line, with Hoothoot/Noctowl and Tailow/Swellow, while Gens IV and V followed the pattern with the Pidgey line, with Starly/Staravia/Staraptor and Pidove/Tranquill/Unfezant.

Now, however, for the first time, they have deviated from it. The Fletchling line is available early on, and follows this pattern with the number of Pokemon, but now it is different from its predecessors because of the fact that Fletchling changes types from Normal to Fire past evolution, which I am glad for. Now, we get a Fire/Flying type who isn't a starter or Legendary, as well, which I gladly accept.

galewings talonflame is so op expecially with a adamant nature like mine it has a 4x rock weakness which is bad but it is a good pokemon overall