• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

#659 - Bunnelby

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
659-0.png

#659 - Bunnelby
[type=normal][/type]

20446_info.png

Japanese Name: Horubii
Classification: Digging Pokémon
Height: 0.4m / 1' 04"
Weight: 5.0kg / 11.0 lbs
Egg Group: Field

20450_abilities.png

Ability: Pick Up or Cheek Pouch
Hidden Ability: Huge Power

20449_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Bunnelby was revealed in the 2013 August CoroCoro issue alongside Skiddo and Dedenne.

Additional Info: Bunnelby creates its den by digging in the ground with its large, shovel-shaped ears. Its ears are strong enough to chop right through thick tree roots.

20454_pokedex.png

X: They use their large ears to dig burrows. They will dig the whole night through.
Y: It has ears like shovels. Digging holes strengthens its ears so much that they can sever thick roots effortlessly.

20453_locations.png

Route 2, Route 3, Route 22

20455_evolution.png

20499_659-660.png

Evolves into Diggersby at level 20.

20462_levelup.png

--- Tackle
--- Agility
--- Leer
Lv. 7 - Quick Attack
Lv. 10 - Double Slap
Lv. 13 - Mud-Slap
Lv. 15 - Take Down
Lv. 18 - Mud Shot
Lv. 20 - Double Kick
Lv. 25 - Odor Sleuth
Lv. 29 - Flail
Lv. 33 - Dig
Lv. 38 - Bounce
Lv. 42 - Super Fang
Lv. 47 - Facade
Lv. 49 - Earthquake

20469_artwork.png

Bunnelby_official_art_300dpi-500.png
20470_screenshots.png

bunnelby_screenshot_1_bmp_j.png
bunnelby_screenshot_2_bmp_j.png
bunnelby_screenshot_3_bmp_j.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Bunnelby is a cute wittle wabbit but I'm somewhat disappointed that it isn't a Ground-type. Even though its evolution is likely to add the Ground-type dual type (and it better with a classification like "Digging Pokemon") I'm not overly fond of how many Normal-type dual-types are popping up this Gen. It just seems a bit excessive when so few Pokemon have been revealed thus far and we still have no idea what the total 'dex size will look like.

Ah well. Guess I'll just cross my fingers and hope that once it's all said and done we've received a nice range of type combos, and it's hard to fault a potential Normal/Ground-type evolution too much when we haven't had one yet in the past... xp

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Bunnelby is cute and I love it and want to hug it forever. ♥

It's true that I'm not all that fond of the thing being a normal type either, especially when it could have easily been part ground, but they might still evolve it, so I guess we shall see. Either way I'm quietly content with it for now. ^^

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Demelza said:
Bunnelby is cute and I love it and want to hug it forever. ♥
Funnily enough as soon as I saw it I thought you'd love it, haha!

It should be a Ground Type, but hopefully it will evolve into a Ground Bunny from hell :D

While I can't say I'm excited that another Normal-Type rabbit has been introduced, the fact that it is the "Digging Pokemon" actually makes it more interesting than Bunneary/Loppuny ever were, in my opinion. Now, I wonder if it will have an evolution?

Oh, and now we get shovel-ears on top of tail-hands?

While I can't say I'm excited that another Normal-Type rabbit has been introduced, the fact that it is the "Digging Pokemon" actually makes it more interesting than Bunneary/Loppuny ever were, in my opinion. Now, I wonder if it will have an evolution?

Oh, and now we get shovel-ears on top of tail-hands?
My guess, it'll be similar to Bidoof and Bibarel and end up evolving into a Normal/Ground type