• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join (Zootopia RP) Chained OOC

*Note* Plot isn't final, you may fill out a form but later or sooner the story will have changes to it
In Zootopia, the place is like hell for predators. At the age of 10, predators are forced to wear a collar that will shock them if they get too excited, to avoid predators attacking other animals. Children are told that it's 'growing up' although really it's torture for them. Are you a free prey or a chained predator?

RULES
  1. No Mary Sues
  2. Use your grammar at the fullest, meaning no 'u' 'ur' 'lol' etc
  3. Emoticons like =D, D:, >=(, XD, etc is banned unless it's OOC
  4. No powers please
  5. Don't be sexual
  6. You must be accepted to be able to RP.
  7. You don't have to use real names if you really don't want to

Joining Form

Name:
Animal:
Predator or prey?:
Personality:
Description:
Other:

Last edited:
((Hmm, seems interesting... Allow me to do the honors of first post.))

Name: Kai Lark
Animal: Serval
Predator or prey?: Predator
Personality: Kai is sweet, adorable, and very friendly. However, this is usually when you get to know her, but even then she tends to let her gentle and goofy side show itself. When out and about, she seems placid and calm, exemplified by her dark fur and long limbs. She tends to be the social one, but thanks to the collar doesn't make many friends. She tends to get overexcited and it makes a lot of animals, predator and prey alike, uncomfortable by how often her collar turns yellow. Thankfully, her overall demeanor, while elegant and detached and at times intimidating in the silence, doesn't draw a lot of attention to herself and keeps her mostly free from the discrimination predators face daily.

Description: Kai has melanism, meaning she sports a nice black coat. Healthy and shiny, when she stands in the sun you can see her underlying markings, since they actually don't disappear because her fur is darker than normal. Her fur is well groomed, and she sports all the characteristics of a Serval: lithe and long limbs, a long torso, medium length fluffy tail that just barely touches the ground, and of course the large ears. Besides her coloring, she has round bluebell eyes.

In terms of clothing, she wears a loose fitting white v-neck t-shirt, its kinda large and exposes her shoulders, and at the same time a little short so a tiny bit of her furry stomach is showing. Does she care all that much, not really. She wears ripped, deep red shorts, and a black rhinestoned belt. She has colorful, hand woven bracelets with beads on her wrists, and matching anklets with feathers around her ankles, dur. Her upper arms have dark blue bandana's tied around them, and she almost always has a worn down, shoulder bag slung over her shoulder, the bag is covered in charms and patches and buttons. Her ears poke through what looks to be an old dark red army cap, with the visor fraying a little, and little rhinestones and buttons placed haphazardly along the actual cotton. Her actual ears both have matching piercings: one mock diamond and one white and gold flower; diamond near to top of her ear and flower near the bottom, both are attached by a thin gold chain.

Other: She may be 19, but she is a well known violinist on the internet. Mostly famous through videos and playing alongside Dj's and small-town singers in charity events. Even then, she does make an ok amount of money, and using that money moved to the outskirts of Savannah Square, closer to Zootopia itself, where she does a lot of street side playing just for fun, and does a lot of videoing in the city.

Her violin is ebony, and safely stored away in her shoulder bag, she also stores her camera in the bag or around her neck. Both very expensive parting gifts from her parents by the time she was popular enough she had a steady income of money. They gently shoved her out of the house so she could hopefully create a better life for herself, one where animals would mostly forget she was a predator and simply adore her for her music.

Kai, when not in public when she makes sure to watch herself, she probably shocks herself the most out of any predator. She just gets excited over the littlest things. Her social butterfly tendencies tend to make her come on a little strong and scare off prey. Some predators just find her too optimistic.

Kai tends to like shiny things, but never goes as far as buying them. She can be a bit feral when this happens, but its small. Her main weakness, even in public, are bells and moving lights. Most of the time she can't stop herself from batting at them or chasing them. Then she shocks herself. She does it again, and shocks herself.

In short, music is her outlet, the one place where she can be happy and excited and not shock herself since she isn't being "feral"

Other 2: In case you don't know what a Serval with melanism looks like...

((I feel as if I may need to get some feedback with this one, its late at night when I typed this xD))

((Hmm, seems interesting... Allow me to do the honors of first post.))

Name: Kai Lark
Animal: Serval
Personality: Kai is sweet, adorable, and very friendly. However, this is usually when you get to know her, but even then she tends to let her gentle and goofy side show itself. When out and about, she seems placid and calm, exemplified by her dark fur and long limbs. She tends to be the social one, but thanks to the collar doesn't make many friends. She tends to get overexcited and it makes a lot of animals, predator and prey alike, uncomfortable by how often her collar turns yellow. Thankfully, her overall demeanor, while elegant and detached and at times intimidating in the silence, doesn't draw a lot of attention to herself and keeps her mostly free from the discrimination predators face daily.

Description: Kai has melanism, meaning she sports a nice black coat. Healthy and shiny, when she stands in the sun you can see her underlying markings, since they actually don't disappear because her fur is darker than normal. Her fur is well groomed, and she sports all the characteristics of a Serval: lithe and long limbs, a long torso, medium length fluffy tail that just barely touches the ground, and of course the large ears. Besides her coloring, she has round bluebell eyes.

In terms of clothing, she wears a loose fitting white v-neck t-shirt, its kinda large and exposes her shoulders, and at the same time a little short so a tiny bit of her furry stomach is showing. Does she care all that much, not really. She wears ripped, deep red shorts, and a black rhinestoned belt. She has colorful, hand woven bracelets with beads on her wrists, and matching anklets with feathers around her ankles, dur. Her upper arms have dark blue bandana's tied around them, and she almost always has a worn down, shoulder bag slung over her shoulder, the bag is covered in charms and patches and buttons. Her ears poke through what looks to be an old dark red army cap, with the visor fraying a little, and little rhinestones and buttons placed haphazardly along the actual cotton. Her actual ears both have matching piercings: one mock diamond and one white and gold flower; diamond near to top of her ear and flower near the bottom, both are attached by a thin gold chain.

Other: She may be 19, but she is a well known violinist on the internet. Mostly famous through videos and playing alongside Dj's and small-town singers in charity events. Even then, she does make an ok amount of money, and using that money moved to the outskirts of Savannah Square, closer to Zootopia itself, where she does a lot of street side playing just for fun, and does a lot of videoing in the city.

Her violin is ebony, and safely stored away in her shoulder bag, she also stores her camera in the bag or around her neck. Both very expensive parting gifts from her parents by the time she was popular enough she had a steady income of money. They gently shoved her out of the house so she could hopefully create a better life for herself, one where animals would mostly forget she was a predator and simply adore her for her music.

Kai, when not in public when she makes sure to watch herself, she probably shocks herself the most out of any predator. She just gets excited over the littlest things. Her social butterfly tendencies tend to make her come on a little strong and scare off prey. Some predators just find her too optimistic.

Kai tends to like shiny things, but never goes as far as buying them. She can be a bit feral when this happens, but its small. Her main weakness, even in public, are bells and moving lights. Most of the time she can't stop herself from batting at them or chasing them. Then she shocks herself. She does it again, and shocks herself.

In short, music is her outlet, the one place where she can be happy and excited and not shock herself since she isn't being "feral"

Other 2: In case you don't know what a Serval with melanism looks like...

((I feel as if I may need to get some feedback with this one, its late at night when I typed this xD))
Accepted, I'll open the RP thread once I get 4 or 5+ people

So, what's the plot? What overarching goals are our characters hoping to achieve? If it's a sandbox or open-world roleplay, what kind of world is this that our characters live in? What has changed or what has not been changed since the movie? Is this is an alternate universe from the movie? What do people who have not seen the movie need to know in order to sign up?

So, what's the plot? What overarching goals are our characters hoping to achieve? If it's a sandbox or open-world roleplay, what kind of world is this that our characters live in? What has changed or what has not been changed since the movie? Is this is an alternate universe from the movie? What do people who have not seen the movie need to know in order to sign up?
It doesn't exactly have some sort of goal, so it's just an open world RP. It's based off the deleted scenes in Zootopia (If you want to watch one of them, here is one: ) so people won't have to watch the movie to join in.

...that was a powerful moment. The movie would have been a lot darker if he had gone that angle with the predator's integration into society. I take it you want a grimmer Zootopia roleplay, then.

Open-world roleplays are fine but, if there's no real objective, there's no lasting motive to play. RPs like this will attract fans of the film or fans of its concept but, if their characters have no real reason to exist, they're just there; the RP will last one post per person, at best, depending on how descriptive you want those posts to be. It'd be best for roleplays that are little more than just an idea and some simple background information to be tagged as one of those "open", jump-in games, not one that invites more fleshed-out characters, because, ultimately, those characters won't be achieving much and the whole ordeal will come down to wasted time and effort. It's like flinging a balled-up, sodden piece of paper at a blank surface. It will inevitably slip off. What I'd suggest to prevent a short-lived roleplay where promising sign-ups end up junked is to build a sincere plot from the background knowledge and inspirations you have. Introduce not just the roots for a conflict but how that conflict could be confronted or, potentially, overcome by the characters.

And even if your plot isn't entirely concrete, the best way you could amend for that is to sincerely flesh out the world. Assuming this roleplay takes place exclusively in Zootopia, what are some key locations there that characters could come from or go to? Who are some key figures, like the head of the police force or the mayor? And if predators are looked down upon by this society, how do prey fare? Answering questions like those help invoke creativity from your players. Now they have ideas on what they can do and what their character can achieve and now there's more drive, more people want to post. That wad you threw at the wall is sticking on those little overhangs you added.

So, I do have interest in a Zootopia RP. I've always been an animal person. However, I'd want to join one where there's a plot or, at least, the basis for a plot and a more thorough depiction of the setting.

...that was a powerful moment. The movie would have been a lot darker if he had gone that angle with the predator's integration into society. I take it you want a grimmer Zootopia roleplay, then.

Open-world roleplays are fine but, if there's no real objective, there's no lasting motive to play. RPs like this will attract fans of the film or fans of its concept but, if their characters have no real reason to exist, they're just there; the RP will last one post per person, at best, depending on how descriptive you want those posts to be. It'd be best for roleplays that are little more than just an idea and some simple background information to be tagged as one of those "open", jump-in games, not one that invites more fleshed-out characters, because, ultimately, those characters won't be achieving much and the whole ordeal will come down to wasted time and effort. It's like flinging a balled-up, sodden piece of paper at a blank surface. It will inevitably slip off. What I'd suggest to prevent a short-lived roleplay where promising sign-ups end up junked is to build a sincere plot from the background knowledge and inspirations you have. Introduce not just the roots for a conflict but how that conflict could be confronted or, potentially, overcome by the characters.

And even if your plot isn't entirely concrete, the best way you could amend for that is to sincerely flesh out the world. Assuming this roleplay takes place exclusively in Zootopia, what are some key locations there that characters could come from or go to? Who are some key figures, like the head of the police force or the mayor? And if predators are looked down upon by this society, how do prey fare? Answering questions like those help invoke creativity from your players. Now they have ideas on what they can do and what their character can achieve and now there's more drive, more people want to post. That wad you threw at the wall is sticking on those little overhangs you added.

So, I do have interest in a Zootopia RP. I've always been an animal person. However, I'd want to join one where there's a plot or, at least, the basis for a plot and a more thorough depiction of the setting.
Alright, I'll try think of a intresting plot.

Rex

Resident Furry
I concur with pretty much everything Robbie Rotten said (There's a sentence you don't hear often). A Zootopia using the original shock collar concepts does sound fun, and if you put some time creating a plot and fleshing out the city, I'd also love to join.

Deciding to help a little, I did think of a few half baked ideas that probably need some fleshing out to work.

The Nighthowlers could be brought back, and with only predators going feral and not reverting with the shocks from shock collars, since the shocks would only make them more violent, predators would be under constant discrimination, iscolation, etc. The predators who aren't infected obviously won't be pleased and will start taking drastic measures to end the prejudice and find out why they are going feral.

Or the next idea...

Prey are given remotes that can lock onto certain predators in a given area, and they can deliver remote control shock if they feel the predator's collar isn't working the way it should: aka predator gets angry but controls it to the point the collar doesn't do anything, but the prey still feels threatened. Obviously again, predators take measures to end this new era pf remote control collars.

Like I said, half baked ideas

Name:Steven
Animal: otter
Predator or prey?: predator
Personality: kind but will lash out at people who make fun of him his family friends or collar
Description:where's a green shirt and blue pants
Other: none

Name: Max
Animal: Sheep
Predator or prey?: Prey
Personality: Young and Naive, Max has no idea what is happening with the predators and the collars, he is quite loud and loves to speak his mind, even though most of the time he has no idea what he is talking about, he is quick to judge people and always wants to get his way, getting extremely upset if even the smallest thing seems to be against him

Description: He is smaller than the average sheep his age, he wears whatever he wants, but normally whatever he thinks "makes him look cool"

Other:

While I may not be as good a writer or RPer as the others who have expressed interest in this RP, I share their sediments. Without a solid plot to base our posts around, I've found open world RPs tend to just have their characters walking from one problem to the next without any end in sight or any real goal to accomplish, as well as the fact that without a main pathway we need to follow, people tend to branch out into their own little adventures, instead of staying as a group and moving the plot along.

I would suggest perhaps the predators trying to convince the Prey that what is happening to them is unfair and biased, and they are trying to get a number of votes, or win a group of people over, to get rid of collars for good. Maybe that could be the role of the prey, they don't actually know how bad having a collar is. Of course I'm not saying we have to slot everyone into fixed places, that's technically exactly what Judy Hopps was against, I'm just saying that some kind of plot like the one i mentioned could be useful to actually see progression

On the other hand, open world can work well with character building, without a fixed plot you can bring your characters to where they would want be, do what they would want to do, and watch as the people around them begin to influence their choices, as they grow not just as individuals, but as a group. Of course this is also possible in a plot driven story, with leadership struggles in the group and arguing, before being able to work together better. But that's just my opinion, so you don't need to think about it too much

Like several people here, I feel like this RP has a good base but not really fleshed out enough to be a RP that looks like it'll last long. I've noticed in my years of experience in RPing that the roleplays that last the least are the ones based off of movies, games, and books. Mostly because the author thinks that if they try to play it out that a storyline will magically appear because there was one before, or sometimes just because they're under the pretense that the other players will find some way to keep the flow.

People are lazy. Correction: I'm lazy. But some people won't even try to roleplay unless the other character directly intertwines with them. Otherwise, they think someone else will post and sit there, waiting and watching. Eventually, said RP dies. There needs to be a set backstory and plot.

Out of the scramble of my brain, I can give you a couple ideas. For example, what if the prey are abusing of the shock collars, or the predators begin to break free and go on a killing spree because they can't control themselves? Or maybe there's a third party that's messing around with certain variables, like how the shock collars operate or how the animals think? Similar to the Nighthowler thingamajigy, but more hidden and more motivated for things like conquering everything or unlimited money than being the mayor.

Anyways, just my two cents. Might as well post my form, sorry for ranting or if I offended you in some way.

Name: Lily

Animal: Alaskan Tundra Wolf

Personality: Fairly calm and situated, but is very prone to lash out at others. She is aggressive and not afraid of being hurt if she's protecting what she believes are her rights, whether that means against prey or against her own people.

Description: A dominantly white wolf with a gray tint, she wears a gray dress and jeans. Her fur is very thick, and has been swept up so that her shock collar is not visible.

Other: It's way late where I live, but I'll add more detail tomorrow.

Last edited: