• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed ZombieMon RP

((OOC: This is the only OOC you should see. This is a content warning. There will be violence and gore within this series, and most likely character deaths. While it is kept below the level of, let's say, the walking dead, there may be some scenes you are uncomfortable with gore/violence wise.))

No one knew what had gone wrong- one second they were excited and joyful upon reaching Santalune City, and the next, they were surrounded. Not surrounded by the normal evils of the Pokemon regions, but by thoughtful corpses. Well, thoughtful in the fact that they could think. They weren't exactly nice. They were hungry, bloodthirsty creatures that bit and feasted on anything living they could get their hands on, including Pokemon. But, the difference between Pokemon and Humans, is that humans can turn. Pokemon can't turn into... walking corpses. If they get eaten enough that they faint and keep getting gnawed on, they turn to dust. Not just ordinary dust, however. They turn to golden dust, kinda like glitter. It was sickening to watch happen on the other side of her holocaster.

The moaning and groans from outside the small city home made Angel's eyes fill with deep pools of tears- her sister is one of those...things now.She sniffled, and glanced to Albus. He was closing the curtains, a grim expression on his face. The power had gone out an hour ago, leaving the new trainers and the old man in darkness until Albus had found a candle. The oncoming cold made her shiver and adjust her dress to cover more of her thighs. Albus sighed, "It's not going to get any better from here."

"What happened?" Angel asked in a small voice. Albus took a seat on one of the crates he had dragged out of the attic for the teens and himself to sit on. His face was illuminated by the fire.

"Something went wrong," Albus said slowly, "I got a message from an old friend of mine, saying that Anistar was down, and that the disease was spreading like wildfire."

"What disease?" Angel blurted out. She closed her eyes, "I lost my sister to whatever happened in Anistar."

"I don't know," the steel haired man admitted, "All i know is that you can't get bit. Getting bit is the end."

He tried to put on a smile for the new trainers sitting around the single candle lit in the middle of the circle, "Now, what are your names?"

The white haired child had adjusted to the darkness that surrounded everyone here. He liked it, but following the current trend of events, the good came to an end. The brilliantly comforting darkness was shattered by a singular candle. He held his hand in front of his face to shield his eyes from the bright light coming from the burning wick.

"Now, what are your names?"

He wasn't really paying attention to what others were saying. Outwardly, he may have seemed calm (and strange due to him shielding his eyes), but in his mind, he was in a state of borderline panic. He struggled to fight through the fear to let himself speak, but after a few moments, he managed a few words.

"Balto Knight," he said, still hiding his face behind the temporary safeguard of his hands.

Evelyn fiddled with her necklace. The only thing on her mind was Kira. She was still out there, and Evelyn had no idea what happened to her. She closed her eyes for a moment, then opened them.
"Evelyn. Evelyn Riacom," she told the man who asked for her and the other trainers' names.
Evelyn knew from what the man had said that Kira was hopeless, but it was worth anything to try and save her. Evelyn knew Kira as long as she could remember. It would be the most painful experience if she would be bitten.
"Is there any way at all to stop this?" she asked the man in a quiet voice.

Last edited:
She felt like her whole life was off-key in that moment, like a sad song being played with an old and dusty guitar...

But naming it a 'Sad song' still sounded too pretty for it. It was a song about dispair, about loss and fear, about the hint of anxiety in everybody's eyes and being afraid, afraid of the future, the destiny and loneliness. In that moment, that sad song had thousands of names, and one of them, was Aura.

A few days ago, she was wandering around Kalos, smiling, singing abou love, happiness and hope. She tried to convince herself that hope still existed, she sang those songs in her head but... no, they didn't make sense anymore: they were empty, no emotion could be found in them.

Smiling Aura used to think that a Pokemon would be a nice company for her journey, new Aura wondered if one of those creatures would be able to make her smile again. That's why she was at Professor Albus lab.

"It's not going to get any better from here." the man said, his words causing shivers in Aura's spine just like serenade of untuned violins.

One of the guys beside her asked about what happened and a crisis took over Aura's mind. They were gone, gone, gone...

"I got a message from an old friend of mine, saying that Anistar was down, and that the disease was spreading like wildfire."

A disease? That wasn't a disease! Diseases didn't growl, no like those things she heard from the phone. What killed her parents was anoher thing; a monster, an cruel undiscovered pokemon maybe, but definately not a disease.

Her father's voice rang in her head... 'Aura! AURA! We won't ge out of here!! Aura!!'

They were in Anistar, right where whatever happened took place. They were screaming and something was growling... hey cried for help, hey cried her name and... suddenly, silence. Only growls at the distance.

Diseases didn't growl...

"All i know is that you can't get bit. Getting bit is the end."

Diseases didn't bite...

Anattemp of smile grew on his lips. Aura didn't even bother. Her lost eyes looked at the candle's ember without really looking at it, her freckles covered by the fire's warm light. The professor asked for their names. She ried to calm down before opening her mouth, if she didn't, she was going to burst into tears.

"Balto Knight," answered a white haired boy, then to be followed by a girl.

"Evelyn. Evelyn Riacom,"

She closed her eyes. She needed company and a pokemon was her only option for the moment, her name was the key to it, it wasn't so hard... "Aura," she said without daring to look at anyone's eyes "Aura Pacem."

The black haired boy raised his head slightly to stare at the professor. 'Humf, this isn't a disease, heck, it's barley even an infection!' He thought, almost snarling. His piercing aqua orbs shined and reflected the fire from the wax candle that was the only light source in the room. The boy was propped up against a wall, he was sitting beside a window that was covered up by blinds.

The boy blinked "Disease....not" he mumbled. He was pretty sure if he spoke loud enough, his husky voice would echo through the lab that all of them were contained in. He lost his only best friend when she had to move away, he wasn't going to get attached to anyone. "My name....?" the boy questioned. "Lize Hunter".

Last edited:
The noises outside distressed the girl that huddled herself together silently as the man started talking. When he lit a candle, cracking the enveloping darkness, she cast her gaze to the flame. Her eyes flickered as they followed the path the flame took, dimly lighting the surroundings.

"Lize Hunter."

The girl listened as everyone said their names in turn. She decided to stutter quietly,
"F...fawn... Woodwind."

Fawn was scared. She was scared for her family. Well, what was left of it. She was scared for the people in this room. She was scared for herself. But what of?
The "Disease".

Hardly a disease. Fawn tentatively thought to herself, as she discreetly rested a hand on one of her poke balls. What was inside them was three of the most precious things to her, and at this point in time, the most precious.

Last edited:
Balto slowly took his hands asay from his face, but dared not to look at the fire. Things were starting to click in his mind, and it wasn't what he wanted. His breathing got faster unconciously, and he started to shake a bit. He hoped nobody noticed as he tried to calm himself down.

"S-so... uh... what do we do now?" He let the words slip through his mouth, almost instantly regretting them.

Everyone else seemed to want to find out more information, but all it looked like he wanted to do was stop being bored. He did want to know more, but at the same time, he didn't want to ask a stupid question. Okay, maybe that question was stupid anyways, but hey. I had to ask. He thought himself.

The groaning outside didn't really get louder. Rather, Balto started to notice it more. There were growls that were higher pitched than others, some raspier, some with more breaths taken between them. The more he listened, the more he got confused, and by association, the more he got scared. Though his face struggled to show no emotions of the sort, his brain wasn't too keen of the unknown noises. He shivered again, and his breathing kicked up once more. Gah! Quit it! Stupid body.

"I'm Angel," Angel muttered.

"As to answer your question,...er...Eve? I'm not all that good with names," Albus admitted," But from what we know at the moment, no. There is no way to stop it."

The candle light flicked as he brushed his
reading glasses up the bridge of his nose, "For any of you who don't know, my name is Professor Albus. I research combination moves."

Albus listened for a moment and sighed, "It sounds as if they have moved on from here. There may be a few hanging around, but I'm sure we can make it to Cycalage City with out an issue."

"What's in Cycalage City?" Angel muttered, fiddling with the hem of her dress.

"I was told about a shelter there by a few men who came in town. They said we had to leave because Anistar had gone down...before one turned mid-yell...and that's how it got here so quickly."

Lize's eyes widened, but then he went to his carefree self again. "How are we gonna get there? Just by running? That doesn't sound safe" Lize admitted, blinking slightly faster than usual. He closed his eyes and listened to the growls of the zombies. 'Melody, please don't be one of them...please...'

Evelyn wanted to go out there, but not exactly for the reason Professor Albus wanted to. She wanted to save her cousin, and if she was going to go out there and get killed without even trying to save her... Evelyn looked at the floor. She had no idea where her cousin was, so she couldn't take her with them to that city Professor Albus was talking about.
"Yeah, how are we going to get there? We can't just go by foot! We'll all get bitten before we get close to that city!" Evelyn said quietly, "I just don't think we have a chance if we can't stop them..."

Everyone around Balto was panicking about how they were to get out of where they were. They were right, if they all went by foot, they would all get bitten. How then, would they get out?

Wait a second. I might hate myself for suggesting this, but I think it needs to be said.

"Don't we all have Pokemon?" Balto said, his voice very quiet and somewhat shaky. He would've continued his thought, but he couldn't muster up the will to do so.

With what Balto said, they could take it multiple ways. The way Balto meant was kind of violent. They would use the Pokemon to barrel through the zombies outside, but glancing at some of the faces around him, he thought twice about that route. Once again, gathering as much willpower to fight against his natural tendency to stay in the shadows of conversation, Balto spoke out. "With our Pokemon, we could escape at a decent speed. I have a Bunnelby, so we can maybe drill through the ground or something?" He said, very softly.

"Then my Zorua can turn into one of the creatures and distracted them while we crawl through, sounds like a plan" Lize said, hearing every-single-word that Balto said, due to some rare gift-thing. Lize glanced down at his pokèballs that were clipped into a belt on his side. 'It's better than just running in my opinion' Lize thought with a slight huff.

Balto glanced over at the kid who somehow heard him, Lize, was it? It seemed like he was thinking about something, but Balto couldn't tell. He looked back at the candle, partially shielding his eyes. He was actually interested in the Pokemon that everyone else here had, but he didn't have the willpower to ask them directly. His mind was divided, half wanting to pry and know more, the other wanting to slink back into the shadows of discussion. It was a mental stalemate.

Just then, a thought hit him, and dealt a crippling blow to his mind. Are my parents out there? I know they... passed... but are they part of... them now?

His thought processes halted, and he struggled to fight back the urge to shriek in terror. He couldn't stand the thought of his beloved adoptive parents becoming one of those foul beasts. The growls from beyond the walls and the flickering candle flame's noises died out in Balto's head as he tried to regain control over his mind. They can't be. It's not possible. They cannot be like the rest of these things. I refuse to believe it.

If it was possible for this kid to go any more pale, he certainly did. He felt dizzy, and his vision started to falter. No, no no no! I am not going to believe it. He felt himself sway a little bit. They can't be, so just calm down. They are in Coumarine. As far as we know, nothing happened there. Okay? Calm down.

Formulating excuses in his head, he gradually stopped panicking. They can't be gone. Coumarine is fine. Nothing could've happened to them. They died before this started. They. Are. Fine... but were they? In the back of his mind, there was a thought. Are they really okay? The thought didn't have enough power to take over, but it was definitely there, despite being covered by the translucent blanket of excuses.

If Balto was going to shake this thought, unfortunately, he would have to get to Coumarine to check. That meant he would have to get out of where they were, and to do that, he would have to speak. He shifted his legs before speaking. "Everyone else. You all should have Pokemon. How can they be of assistance in the goal of getting out of here alive?" Looking around the room, he realized that the rest of the people must've been in a similar state of panic to the one he almost fell to. He felt bad for everyone's current situation, but he still wanted to focus on the side-goal of finding his parents, and the main goal of getting out of the building alive.