• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Zack's Tablet Drawings/Doodles

I finally got a tablet! Here are some doodles I've done with it.

Here's a Goomba I made in MS Paint. First time shading, doesn't look like I did though. That's probably because I did such a bad job at shading.
Goomba-1.png

Here's an Azurill I made in Photoshop. I accidently deleted the layer that had all the outline, so I had to redo it based off the coloring. That's why it looks so bad. This is my second time shading. The only thing I did well in my opinion are the eyes. Especially its right one.
Azurill-2.png

Please comment!

Chingling. After seeing Jenova's Chingling post, I just had to sketch one up. Remember, this is just a sketch. I don't have time to shade and whatnot because it's late. So instead, I just used the paint bucket so it wasn't black and white. (Its ear thing cuts off because that was the edge of the canvas in Photoshop before I made it transparent.)

Chinglingcopy1.png

The Spiky-eared Pichu. I am extremely proud of how this came out. I think I'm getting the hang of shading. Please please comment!

SpikyEaredPichucopy.png

D'aww. That Chingling is really cute. It's definitely my favorite of the bunch.

I also really like the coloring/shading on Azurill. They are very shiny.

Thank you! You're cool for being the first of about 30 some people to actually comment. Just because you like the Chingling, I think I'll shade it for you Virgil.

On the Pichu, I realized I made the spiky part too big. All well, I can change it in my next one.

Azurill is my least favorite because I pulled a stupid and erased the drawing and was left with the color. I'm so fustrated with it, I won't fix it. Lulz.

Thanks again Virgil!

Drifloon. This is my first Pokemon I have drawn without a reference. Well, I looked it up twice to check that my colors were right and to see if it had a mouth because I forgot, but besides checking those two things, I did it all on my own without any help.

I really screwed up on its X thing. Never got it right. The cloud's kinda weird too. Other than that, I think it looks decent enough to be on here.

Driflooncopy.png

PinballWizardcopy.png

Ok. This is the Pinball Wizard, inspired by the one and only The Who. His fingers are flippers because the song says "He's got crazy flipper fingers". I also made his feet and nose flippers. His eyes, mouth, shoulders, and wizard hat are pinballs. And his robe is just purple. I made his skin pink. I don't know why. Maybe because I was listening to Sick Bubble Gum by Rob Zombie....

Please comment!

I must say, many of your drawings look like bubbles with the shininess and roundness. I'm fond of your Azurill, which really looks like a bunch of bubbles.

I must say, many of your drawings look like bubbles with the shininess and roundness. I'm fond of your Azurill, which really looks like a bunch of bubbles.

Just curious, do you mean this as a good thing or bad thing? I don't mind which, I just would like to know so that if it's bad, I can change it.

The Azurill would look so much better if I didn't pull a stupid... That's why it looks so bad.

I meant I did something so stupid it messed it up. I erased the layer that had the outline so the color was left so I had to redraw it based on the color.

And I just meant in general was it a bad thing because you said a lot of em were "bubbly".

Well Blisk, I love your Pichu, Chingling and Drifloon, they're pretty cute, and the shading is pretty good.
But if you're having problems with curves and such, try to do a couple of strokes per curve/line, that'll make it less bumpy. If your tablet wants to = your monitor, go to your tablet thing in the control panel and switch it to mouse mode. Other than that, you look like you're off to a great start.

Well Blisk, I love your Pichu, Chingling and Drifloon, they're pretty cute, and the shading is pretty good.
But if you're having problems with curves and such, try to do a couple of strokes per curve/line, that'll make it less bumpy. If your tablet wants to = your monitor, go to your tablet thing in the control panel and switch it to mouse mode. Other than that, you look like you're off to a great start.

Thanks for the advice, and I can't believe I didn't think of more than one stroke. What will the mouse mode do? I have a Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch and it was set on Pen mode. What will the difference be?

Thanks for the advice, and I can't believe I didn't think of more than one stroke. What will the mouse mode do? I have a Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch and it was set on Pen mode. What will the difference be?
Well, with the tablet on Mouse mode, it'll go around the screen like a mouse. So if you lifted your pen a little and stroked it again, it would be in the place you left it. The pen mode, on the other hand, would be like you were drawing on the monitor, but shrunk into a tablet, so your pen would be on X & Y on the tablet and on the Screen, even if you don't want it to be there. (Moral: Mouse mode is better.)

[quote author=Blisk link=topic=7108.msg129616#msg129616 date=1263422447]
Well, with the tablet on Mouse mode, it'll go around the screen like a mouse. So if you lifted your pen a little and stroked it again, it would be in the place you left it. The pen mode, on the other hand, would be like you were drawing on the monitor, but shrunk into a tablet, so your pen would be on X & Y on the tablet and on the Screen, even if you don't want it to be there. (Moral: Mouse mode is better.)
[/quote]

Makes sense. Instead of me having to find my mouse/brush again in Photoshop if I move my pen off the tablet, it'll just stay there. Plus, I kinda have more room to draw on when it's not restricted to the white box on the tablet surface.

Here's my attempt at cel-shading a Totodile.

TotodileLineart_ColorShadedcopy--1.png

I couldn't make the background transparent for some reason. next time I think I should do that before I color it. :p

Please comment! I know there's problems with it and I want to know how to be better.