• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open YuGiOh! YXSAVS (Pronounced eks-ae-vs)

SO... basically this is a YuGiOh! thing. Use your real deck pls.

List your whole deck (no fake ones) and role play name on the discussion.

(I said on the discussion on but ok. Also link to the discussion is here: https://pokecharms.com/threads/yugioh-yxsavs-pronounced-eks-ae-vs-discussion.19428/)
Zak wandered down the streets of Battle City. Ahhhhh... This is the best... Zak thought. He had just won regional championships. He was feeling pretty good about himself. Then he saw someone approaching. Yes! Another challenger! Zak thought. "Hello!" He said to the stranger running up to him. "Do you have the cards to beat me!" He said touching his millennium star. He changed into his Yami form, Asral. "It's time to duel!"

Last edited by a moderator:
"Hey! You over there!" Shadow yelled at the person looking around himsef. "Perfect, another duelist to completely crush!" Shadow thought as he aproched the mystery duelist. "Hi! My name is Shadow, nice to meet you and what is your name?" Shadow asked politely. "This should give him the idea of me being nice, but thats another story" Shadow thought.

"Wha-" Asral said as he turned around changing into Zak. "Well I guess you were first in best dressed- aahhh... what's your name?" Zak looked up. Wait- Shadow!?" Zak rushed over to see his old friend. They were both apprentices to the Odd-Eyes Master Yuya, but Zak thought he was better out of the two. "Alright! I guess you are my duel opponent now! Get ready to verse my new alter ego, Asral!" He changed back into Asral. "Hey new friend. Guess what! Asral NEVER loses!" Now go my dragons! Destroy! It's your move!"

"Okay then." Shadow looked at the hand he just drew, and smiled. "I set persoana dragon in the left scae and activate. duelist alliance! this lets me add a pendulum monster from my deck to my hand, and I set it in the right scale, it's call odd eyes arc pendulum dragon! I now normal summon my performapal skullcrobat joker in defence mode, it lets me add an odd eyes, performapal or magian card from my deck to my hand. and I pendulum summon that card, its a card I like to call, performapal U go golem, but I won't use its effect because right now, I don't need it, I now use them as commponts!" Shadow started to chant

"Let your supreme rage destroy your enemys and your dankness engolth them, XYZ summon! Supreme King Dragon Dark Rebellion!" Shadow shouts as a powerful monster flew over them. "HA!" Shadow exclaimed as he hoped onto his dragon as they flew around the battle ground. "I End my turn, try top that Zak, or should I say, Astral!"

Last edited:
"OK, good hand but can you beat this?! I draw! And set a card face down" Zak revealed a card in his hand. "Alright Pot of Riches! Do your thing! This card allows me to send three of my cards from my deck to the extra deck!" He looked through his deck. And I choose my Purple Poison Magician and my two Performapal Scullcrobat Jokers! It also allows me to draw to cards! Now I activate Amazing Pendulum! It allows me to add two Pendulum Spellcasters from my extra deck to my hand. And I choose my Purple Poison Magician and Performapal Scullcrobat Joker! Now with that! I set the Pendulum Scale! With Purple Poison Magician in the left and Performapal Scullcrobat Joker on the right! Swing far pendulum!" The two monsters soared into the air. "Now I pendulum summon Performapal Scullcrobat Joker. Ahhhh... I see you might be thinking I can't activate it's effect?! Well you're wrong! I activate my face down trap card! Compulsory Evacuation Device! sending Performapal Scullcrobat Joker back to my hand! And since I haven't had my normal summon yet, I'll normal summon Performapal Scullcrobat Joker! Activating it's effect! Allowing me to get Performapal U Go Golem to my hand. And you know what? I'll pendulum summon it! Go U Go Golem!"

"And now it's effect activates! But before that I'll pendulum summon three of my favorite cards! Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon! Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon! Odd-Eyes Arc Pendulum Dragon! Come forth in attack position!" Now since the're all on the field I'll use U Go's effect! Sending Odd-Eyes Arc Pendulum Dragon and itself to the extra deck! Now, bring forward the amazing! One and only! Supreme King Dragon Starving Venom In attack mode!" The two cards went to the extra deck as a massive dragon flew down. "Now I'll set one card face down and end my turn. It's your move Shadow!"
(Now I'm Back! You do something Breon)

Last edited:

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Nate had been wondering the battle city streets looking for a coffee shop. "Ughhh..... man this city is way too big I can't find anything anywhere.....wait a minute, where am I exactly I don't kno-...... oh god I'm lost ....hmmm maybe I should find somebody for directions I just hope they not as lost as i am." Nate looked around but only saw two people dueling. "Hmmm I might as well just watch those two duel." Nate had walked up on the two watching them Duel.

"Okay, My turn! Draw!" Shadow looked at the card he drew. "Okay Astral, your not the only one who uses that card, Pot of Riches! And I think your familiar with this cards so I send, noble dragon magician, U go golem and Odd eyes Pundulum Dragon!! Now I penduum summon! Noble dragon magician 2 Odd eyes and U go golem, Now I fusion summon using Ugo golem's effect and fuse it with Odd eyes! To fusion summon! Performapal Gatling goul, it's effect let's me deal you 200 damage for each monster on the field, so thats 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. (including itself) "That means you deal 1800 damage!!! You've Got 2200 LP left, and it's going, gatling gouls second effect kicks in, I can target a monster on the field and destroy it, and you take its attack as damage! Goodbye, Gatling goul! Sluging Shots!" Shadow comanded as the vampire like monster aimed it's machine gun at Astrel's dragon and fired. "I will always be better than you!" Shadow shouted back

"Ha! You triggered my trap! Ultimate Providence!" He replied. "This card let's me discard one card of the same type, monster, spell or trap, negate the effect and destroy that card! So I discard Purple Poison Magician and negate the effect and destroy that monster! Go Ultimate Providence! Rise to the top!" The beams of the card soared towards the Goul. "Now who has the counter stratergy!"

"PHUST!" "Damb." Shadow frowned "Okay, since it's still my main phase, I use nobledragon magician to tune my other odd eyes to shyncro summon! Now Clear wing, let your light shine through the sky. Now Dark rebilion, Attack! It's effect activates, by discarding a overlay unit Your monster goes to 0 ATK and my monster gains it, That's 2800 Atk my monster gains, so my monster has 5300 and your dragon has 0!!! Your finshed attack!"

"Starving Venom's effect activates!" Zak shouted as he held his card up to the sky. "I can now target you Dark Rebellion Dragon and use its effect and attack!" Whose thinking now?" Zak said. "The monster now gains the effect that if I destroy an overlay unit, I can gain the attack of your monster! Well since its your monster I can destroy your overlay unit! Gaining your cards attack! Which means I think I win the duel!"

Seal a new yu gi oh duelist was looking around a card shop looking for some cards for his frightfur deck,
"Hmm, should I get frightfur kraken or frightfur leo." he muttered to himself. He realised that he could get both of them and raced to the counter because he didn't want to miss the duel outside,
"These two cards please." he said with a big grin on his face because these were the final two cards of his deck
"Sure, That'll be $10." Said the lady at the counter. Seal rushed off to the nearby battle and saw that the battle had finished.
"Darn it." Seal said because he wanted to see the duel. He rushed off to Zak who was the winner and asked him to be his friend because he liked his style and he also looked like a long lost friend.
"Hi, great job, I like your odd eyes and pendulum style. People say I'm weird because I use frightfurs, but thats my strategy. What your name? Do you want to be friends?" Seal asked waiting for a response but seal was also nervous because he might also dislike his style.

"Sorry I actually lost. My name is Zak. But sure we can be friends! I mean if you wan't you'd have to be friends with Shadow as well. C'mon You guys I'll show you my apartment! It's right above the gaming shop! C'mon! Let's go I might even have enough room for you to bunk with me. Y'know for the Battle City 10 year tournament" Zak was so excited for the tournament, he could hardly hold himself together!"

"Okay lets go then!" Shadow said as he started walking over to the apartment, he looked back at the others. "I you guys coming or what?" Shadowo said. "And by the way, zak, you've gotten better. What packs have you been opening?" Shadow asked because he was curious of how Zak got all his cards

"Well... do you remember a card Yuya had called Odd-Eyes Venom Dragon? Well..." Zak said pulling out a card. "He gave it to me!" Zak expected the guy to be shocked I mean he had put his heart and soul into that deck. "Oh, and I nearly forgot, I have two decks! One Odd-Eyes and one Snowdust Blader! Basically Buster Blader, Snowdust Dragon and Mystic Swordsman."

"HA! I have 3 decks, but they will be reviled later on and zak." Shadow asked his friend. "Do you wanna duel again later?" He asked, Shadow went down to the game shop. "Meet you two in the apartment!!!" Shadow yelled back at the other two as he went inside to buy a card he has been looking for a long time

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Nate had walked away from the duel a while ago and had entered the card shop looking for a specific card but couldn't find it but as he was looking around he saw zak therefore he walked up to him.

"Umm excuse me, could you help me I'm having trouble finding the Battle city sign-ups, I can't find anything in this massive City so can you please spare some time and help me out sir." Nate said as he bowed his head.

"The're in two days so nothing to worry about, my name's Zak by the way. I can let you stay my apartment until you find somewhere to stay. The thing is that I wan't some new duel opponents, so once we get to my luxury suite we can duel there. So C'mon! Let's go!"

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
"Ummm sure why not but anyways thank you for telling me zak, my name is nate Anderson it's a pleasure to meet you." Nate had walk behind zak as the both of them left the card shop. "So then what do you think the grand prize is going to be, I heard that they'll give you your own Island and a fortune if you win it so what do you think?"

Shadow heard Zak that it was time to go, so he started walking out of the shop when he noticed something in the courner of his eye, it was the card he was looking for, he rushed back to the counter. "How much for that card?" Shadow asked pointing to the card. "$20" The shop owner replied as he went to get the card, Shadow pulled his pockets inside out and found the perfect amount of money there. Shadow walked back over to zak holding the card. 'Supreme King Z-Arc!"

Seal went over to Zaks apartment with Zak, Shadow and Nate, Seal wanted to practice for the tournament so he challenged Zak to a duel. Without waiting for a response he drew his first hand, just what he needed.
"I place fluffal mouse face up in defense mode, now I activate its effect allowing me to special summon two more fluffal mouses from my deck. I use a spell card called polymerisation, I fuse fluffal mouse and edge imp saw to fusion summon frightfur leo in attack mode, now I activate another polymerisation allowing me to fuse another fluffal mouse and edge imp chain to fusion summon frightfur sheep in defense mode. In case that was too fast for you, I have a fluffal mouse on the field (defense), frightfur leo (attack) and a frightfur sheep (defense) and I also have no cards in my hand. I end my turn." Seel said grinning the whole time

Last edited:
As Shadow got into the apartment he noticed two people he haden't seen before. He went over to the person standing around, ingroing the duel Shadow disided that he would be the best match for his new card. "Hey! You!" Shadow said pointing at Nate. "I challege you to a duel! Will you acesept, or do you not have the guts to face me!" Shadow said with a smirk on his face

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
"Umm sure why not, anyways my name is Nate your friend zak decided to help me out and they need to stay here until I can find the place I'm supposed to be staying at." Nate said as he activated his duel disk. "Would you wish to go first or second either of them is fine for me." Nate said as he drew his five cards.

Zak was taking a while for his move he seemed to be in deep thought probably because he'd never versed an opponent like Seel before. It was really messing with Seels mind so he quickly glanced over to Shadow and Nate who were having a duel of their own. Seel thought that this next card of his could mean anything so all throughout Zaks turn Seel needed to be faithful in his deck and in the heart of the cards.
"Hey, I got the perfect nickname for you, Z! Hey Z hit me with all you got!" Seel said pridefully because he wanted to give Zak a nickname.

"Alright, well here Z comes! I draw!" Zak looked at his hand. "Now I summon the Mystic Swordsman Lvl: 2. Now with that I can play 2 cards face down and attack! Go Mystic Swordsman! Mystic Sword Slash on his Fluffal Mouse!" Now the duel was really heating up!

"Oh no i'm so scared you destroyed my little mouse." Said Seel sarcastically, he liked how Zak went straight into the action.
"I draw!" Seel said as a smirk crept up his face
"Now I activate the pot of riches, I send two edge imp cotton eaters and one fluffal angel to the extra deck. Now I draw two cards." He looked at his two new cards.
"I activate pendulum call allowing me to set the pendulum scale with edge imp cotton eater and fluffal angel. This makes the pendulum scale 1-8. I place a card face down and destroy your Mystic Swordsman Lvl: 2 using frightfur leo's effect, you lose 900 life points, I will switch frightfur sheep into attack mode and enter the battle phase by activating fluffal angels pendulum ability sending edge imp chain from my GY to the field. Frightfur sheep attacks your life points directly dealing 2300 damage (edge imp cotton eaters pendulum effect gives it an extra 300 ATK), now I attack your life points directly with edge imp chain dealing 1200, in total that's 4400 life point damage in total, I win! Unless you can do anything." Seal says pridefully and looks at Z to see if he can do anything to stop any of it.

Last edited:
Cal stood from the sidelines of the duel, studying the duelists. Know your opponents better than they know you, something his father always said to him. "That Fluffal person isn't half bad, but its hard to stop my buddies." He said to himself and his deck. Cal had a few decks, but this one wad his main deck. It contained his friends, ones he worked with for years. "Now lets see if that guy can stop it."

"Well my turn wasn't done yet, so I will end it. Finally I will set a card and level up Mystic Swordsman Lvl: 2 to Mystic Swordsman Lvl: 4. Now I end my turn." Why did Seal end my turn early? Zak thought. People don't usually do that!

"Ladys first I always say" Shadow said obvously trying to get his opponent amped up so he could make a mistake. Shadow activated his duel disk and drew his starting hand and looked at his opponet. 'I wonder what type of deck this guy has?' Shadow thought to himself. He looked over to the corner a discovered that there had been someone had been there all along. 'Whos that?'

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
"......*sigh* fine then whatever my turn, I activate terraforming allowing me to add one field spell to my hand and I add ritual sanctuary to my hand and activate it then I normal summon cyber Petit angel and activate its effect adding a ritual spell or ritual monster to my hand and so I'll add cyber Angel Benten then I'll activate machine Angel ritual by tributing my cyber Petit angel and cyber Angel Benten, I ritual summon cyber angel dakini and now cyber Angel Benten's effect activates I get to add one light fairy-type monster to my hand and I add Herald of orange light, now I activate my field spells effect I discard one card to add a ritual monster to my hand and finally at the end phase my cyber angel dakini effect is I can now add one ritual monster or spell for my graveyard to my hand and I choose cyber angel ldaten, I finally end my turn there." As Nate finish his turned he crossed his arms. " also Shadow was it? if you think taunting me is going to affect my dueling your sorely mistaken, and honestly with an cheap tactic like that you would be assumed as an amateur."

"My TURN! Draw!" Shadow looked at the card he drew, 'Astrograph Sorceror'. Now I set the pendulum scale with scale 1 odd eyes persona dragon and scale 8 odd eyes arc pendulum dragon! Now I use them to pendulum summon! odd eyes phantom and pendulum, now I use them to XYZ Summon! Odd eyes absolute dragon! 2800 ATK 2500 DEF Now Attack his Cyber angel!"

Yusa was watching a duel from afar “that kid over there is pretty good, wonder if he would mind dueling me, welp doesn’t matter right now” he said moving on to the other duel going on and looked at the strategy of the 2 “there’s a clear winner here if the other doesn’t make the right moves.”

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
"I'll take the 100 damage but I'll activate machine Angel Ritual from my graveyard and banish it to prevent my cyber Angels destruction, so then is that all?"

"Sorry I'm new at this game and can't tell when people are done." Seel said because he was ashamed, "I use frightfur Leo's ability, destroying your mystic swordsman lvl 4, you lose 1900 life points. I switch frightfur sheep into attack mode and attack your life points directly. You are on 100 life points, I activate my pendulum ability allowing me to special summon edge imp chain from my GY and attack your life points directly with edge imp chain. Winning me the duel. If you can do anything. Btw, you can't activate effects, traps or spells during the battle phase because of frightfur sheeps effect." Seel said, Hoping that he didn't screw up again.

"I set one card and end my turn!" Shadow said as he was a bit frustrated that his opponets monster was destroyed. Shadow looked over to see how Zak was doing. 'Wow! That new guy has an amazing deck!' Shadow thought supriseingly. 'Zak, I hope you can pull through' He looked back over to that boy standing in the corner. "Hi, what is your name?" Shadow asked.

"Fine you win! But only because I versed you with my not as powerful deck. To the games room!" Zak ran to the games room in his house, and started playing Overwatch on his PS4 as Gengi. "Yes 3 kills!" He said slicing and dicing his opponents.

Seal raced over with Zak because he knew he had made a new friend. He liked annoying him so he went on the opposite team. He tried killing people but gave up soon after because he sucked at playing overwatch, to be honest he didn't even know what it was so he just sat next to Zak and said good job whenever he got a kill. Which was every second. Seal went over to the duel between Shadow and Nate to see how heated this battle was getting. Seal liked looking how pressured the battles got and Seal liked watching it... He didn't like it when the pressure was on him, so he built a frightfur deck. He always liked frightfur cards and they always made the duel end as soon as possible. This was exactly the way Seal liked it so he made one and it proved to end the battles, which was Seals style and he liked it. Back to the duel. Seal had no idea who was gonna win.

Last edited:
"Alright! Hey you, you! Yusa I think it is? C'mon duel me! I draw my hand!" Zak looked at his hand and changed into Asral. "OK," Asral said in his deep voice "First I play my field spell, Sky Iris. Then I set the pendulum scale! With Odd-Eyes Arc Pendulum dragon and Odd-Eyes Persona Dragon! Now the stage is set to pendulum summon my Performapal U Go Golem! Now I activate Spiral Flame Strike. Getting Odd-Eyes into my hand. "Now I pendulum summon it in attack position. Now Using U Go's effect, I can fusion summon my amazing Supreme King Dragon Starving Venom! And I end my turn! It's your move! Ha! I love quoting my uncle!"

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
"My turn i draw, i summon Manju of the thousand hands and activate its effect, I add machine angel ritual then activate it and tribute my cyber angel ldaten to Ritual summon cyber angel Natasha in def mode and now cyber angel ldaten effect activates giving all my ritual monsters 1000 extra attack points and before I battle I'll activate my field spell effect, I will send my spells back into my deck from my graveyard and special summon a monster from my graveyard with equal level to the number of spells I sent back to my deck and I'll bring back cyber Petit angel in def mode and her affect activates allowing me to add machine Angel ritual and now I activate my field spell second effect, I discard the card I just added to my hand and add cyber Angel Benten, I had to be cyber Angel Natasha's effect I now Target my cyber angel dakini and half of her attack points are added to my life points, *9750 LP* now then my cyber angel dakini will attack your monster.

Last edited:
"I activate my odd eye's effect, I can use an overlay unit to negate your attack and then it lets me special summon an odd eyes card in my graveyard, and I chose the card I discarded, Odd-eyes phantom dragon." Shadow smirked 'Now I have him right where I want him' "So do you end your turn?"

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
"Because you activate a monster effect I activate my Herald of orange light by discarding it and one of my fairy type I can destroy your monster therefore my attack is still going." A orange light appeared from Nate duel disk surrounding odd-eyes absolute dragon making it disappear.