• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Yu-Gi-Yoh: Gold Series

(Hey guys, I made a discussion thread for this RP. That's where you need to talk about stuff like piercing damage and what monsters were destroyed and stuff. Not here, or this thread might be shut down!
https://pokecharms.com/threads/yu-gi-oh-gold-series-discussion.18843/)

Dahlia winced as her Life Points went down to 3200, but still looked at Zak with a confident smirk. When the smoke from the Twin Cyber Dragon's attack had disappeared, the Statue of Anguish Pattern still stood.
"Sorry, but The Despair Uranus prevents cards in my Spell and Trap Card zone from being destroyed! And since as a Trap Monster, Statue of Anguish Pattern takes up both a monster card zone and a Spell and Trap Card Zone, you can't destroy it while The Despair Uranus is on the field." Dahlia said. She removed Future Visions from her Field Spell Zone, and the scenery changed back to normal. "But cards like Future Visions are perfectly able to be destroyed."

"Anyway, it's my turn!" Dahlia said, drawing a card. Heh, my day just keeps getting better and better! "I'll activate my Continuous Spell Card, Temple of the Kings!"
The ground rumbled as behind Dahlia, a large room appeared, looking similar to an Egyptian Tomb. The Despair Uranus groaned as his attack points grew again to 3500.
"And, thanks to the Temple's effect, I can activate one trap card the turn I set it! So, I'll activate and Special summon Abyss Stungray!" Dahlia said. Another Trap Monster appeared, looking like a large, glowing fish. It's stats read 1900 attack, and 0 Defense. The Despair Uranus groaned again as it's attack points climbed to 3800. Dahlia's smile widened.

"You know what's coming! Statue of the Anguish Pattern's effect, which I'll use to destroy your Twin Cyber Dragon!" Dahlia pointed at Zak's Twin Cyber Dragon as her Statue of Anguish Pattern glowed red. The Twin Cyber Dragon then exploded into pixels.
"This is my unbreakable combo! With The Despair Uranus out, you can't destroy my spells and traps. With Temple of the King, I can activate a trap the turn it's set. And with the Statue of Anguish Pattern, I can destroy your cards!" Dahlia said, pointing fiercely at Zak. "Know me as the Trap Monster Duelist, and fear me! Now, time for an attack! Despair Uranus, attack that Battling Boxer! Abyss Stungray, attack Performapal Spikeagle!"

Arthur watched the duel, intrigued.
"Hmm... all these Duelists don't seem like anything I can't handle."
He took a very special card to him, Destiny HERO - Dreamer, from his deck, staring down at it.
"Isn't that right Dreamer?" He slipped the card back into his deck. "I managed to top the Regionals back in England, this place should be a cakewalk."

Zak smiled as the laser came down on Nova Kaiser... "Haha!" He said. "Number Cards can only be destroyed by Numbers Monsters! And since Despair Uranus is a monster... It cannot attack my Battling Boxer Nova Kaiser!" Zak smiled as he drew a card. "I activate Royal Decree! Negating all trap card effects on the field except this card! Meaning all of your trap monsters are useless!" Zak thought he would actually win! "Now! I use Battling Boxer Nova Kaiser's effect to get one Battling Boxer Monster from my deck, and I chose this one!" Zak showed Battling Boxer Shadow to Dahlia. "Now I can attach this to Nova Kaiser! As an Xyz material, and it gains 100 ATK for every Xyz material attached!" The giant robot's attack grew to 2600. "I can also add Psychic Blade! To add 500 ATK onto Battling Boxer Nova Kaiser. It's attack is now raised to 3100. Now with the spell card, Pot of Duality, I can look at the top 3 cards of my deck and then keep one" Zak drew 3 cards, He smiled as he played the first one. " I play Dark Hole! Destroying all the monsters on the field!" A large beam zoomed over to Nova Kaiser, and then to The Despair Uranus, then Anguish Pattern, then Abyss Stungray. "And since it destroyed The Despair Uranus first, both trap monsters can be destroyed. Now I summon Green Gadget in attack position! And using it's effect, I can get Red Gadget from my deck, into my hand. And now I set Red Gadget and use it's effect to get Yellow Gadget from my deck, into my hand!" Zak found Yellow Gadget and put it into his hand. "I Tribute Red and Green Gadget to summon back... Number 79: Battling Boxer Nova Kaiser!" The large red robot re-appeared on the field. "Since you have no defense I can attack your Life Points directly!" The boxer punched right into Dahlia's LP, bringing it down to 900. "Now, I end!"

Last edited:
Dahlia coudn't contain a gasp as Zak's Battling Boxer punched her in the gut, knocking her off of her feet. She got back up, slightly shaken.
"You've... You've made a mistake." Dahlia said, her confident from still on her face. "There's something you didn't know about Trap Monsters. When they get their effects negated... They don't stay in the monster card zones, and instead go back to the spell and trap card zones, with their effects still negated. In other words, my trap monsters weren't destroyed by your Dark Hole, since you negated their ability to be a monster."
Dahlia finished her explanation and drew a card.
"I'll activate the spell card, Magic Planter. It allows me to send one face-up continuous trap card I control to the graveyard, and in return, I draw two cards." Dahlia said, sending Abyss Stungray to the grave.
This is a close duel. He's negated my trap monsters, but even if I destroy that Royal Decree, my Statue of Anguish Pattern won't return as a Trap Monster, and will still be stuck with it's effect negated...

"I activate the spell card, Double Snare!" Dahlia said. There was a rumbling sound as a large, round, boulder dropped onto Zak's Royal Decree, destroying it. "It destroys one card on the field that negates traps. Next, I'll use Temple of the Kings' effect, to activate a Metal Reflect Slime!"

A trap card appeared in front of Dahlia, and a gooey, metallic looking slime oozed out of it, stretching into a protective wall in defense position. It's stats read 3000 defense, and 0 attack.
"Finally, I'll set one card face-down, and end my turn." Dahlia said, as a face-down card appeared in front of her in her spell and trap card zone.

"Hey what did I miss!!!" Shadow yelled as He ran to where his friend was battling the strange girl. "Sorry, I never got your name last time when I ran off, could you forgive me and tell me your name?" Shadow asked forgivingly.

"Fine" Zak said. "I'll just draw. And play Power Bond! This allows me to summon a Machine-Type fusion monster for one turn, and double it's attack! Therefore, I summon Cyber Twin Dragon, and attack Metal Reflect Slime!" The giant dragon attacked with both mouths biting. "And since it has doubled it's attack, it was 5600, inflicting damage straight to your life points winning me the duel!"

Arthur was still deep in thought.
"Hmm... maybe that kid could provide a challenge."
He moved over to where Shadow was watching the duel from.
"... you up for a duel? Saw your challenge earlier. Must be confident in yourself, huh?"

Arthur activated his duel disk.
"I'm going to make you regret that."
He drew his starting hand.
"Hmph... could be better, but the British Regionals champ can make something out of nothing."
A shattered piece of green glass appeared in front of him, with one eye on it. "I activate the continuous spell, Shard Of Greed! This card is merely one peice of the Pot of Greed. During each of my standby phases, it gains a counter. And when it has 2... that's when it's effect will activate." Two cards appeared in front of him, facedown, one a monster and one a spell or trap.
"Next I set a monster and a card and end my turn."

"none of your stratagys are going to go unnoticed, I Draw!, I set a monster and put a card face down and end my turn, you have already lost" Shadow said with a smirk on his face.

Arthur laughed.
"Like I said, mighty confident aren't you? I draw!"
He looked at the card, interested.
"Hmm... you may not have attacked like I wanted you to, but even if you play defensively, you can't stop me from summoning my monster." His Continuous Spell started to glow. "Ooh, Shard of Greed just got 1 counter. That means next turn, it's effect will activate."
His set monster disappeared, as an armoured warrior with wheels for feet zoomed into it's place.
"By tributing my facedown Destiny HERO - Dreamer, I normal summon the level 6 monster, Destiny HERO - Dasher! Now, Dasher attacks your facedown monster!"
The Warrior rapidly zoomed through the facedown monster, attacking it with 2100 ATK points.
"At the end of the battle phase however, Dasher's effect causes it to change to Defense position."
It was weaker in Defense position, with only 1000 Defense points.
"I end my turn there."

"sorry but the monster I set was Sea dragoons of Draconia (200 ATK 2100 DEF mymonster is not destroyed, I draw!, Perfect and just in time, I use Mystial space typoon, destroying your shard of greed, and I use my face down card, Abyss Stungray! (1900mATK) My trap monster cannot be destroyed by battle so now attack his Destiny HERO - Dasher!"

"Hmph... I may have lost my Shard of Greed, but I'll show you the power of my dreams! I use the effect of the Destiny HERO - Dreamer in my graveyard! When a Destiny HERO battles, I can make it unable to be destroyed by that battle, and special summon Dreamer from my grave!"
The small, pixie like Warrior jumped out of nowhere, protecting Dasher from the attack, then remaining on the field in Defense position. "You done then?"

Assuming that he had won the duel, Zak went over to watch Arthur or Shadow, kick each others butt. "Go both of you! C'mon you guys can beat it... Or whatever"

Arthur laughed. "You still don't understand my plan do you? I draw!"
His eyes glinted. "Just what I needed! I normal summon Destiny HERO - Drilldark!" The drill wielding, red armoured warrior appeared before him. "When Drilldark is summoned, I can summon a Destiny HERO from my hand with ATK less than or equal to his! He has 1600, so i can special summon Destiny HERO - Celestial from my hand in attack position! He has 1600 ATK too!" He looked at the monster in his hand, smiling. "I hope you're ready! I may not be able to destroy Stungray by battle... but I can still deal a ton of damage to you! By tributing 3 monsters, including at least 1 Destiny HERO, I can special summon Destiny HERO - Dogma from my hand! I tribute Celestial, Dasher, and Dreamer! Come forward, level 8, Destiny HERO - Dogma!"
The flying, winged warrior flew into the air in attack position. "This baby has 3400 ATK points! By the way, when Dreamer is summoned by it's effect, it's banished when it leaves the field, so I can't use it again."
Dogma readied it's Sword, swooping in to attack Stungray. "Dogma, attacks Stungray! It can't be destroyed, but you'll still take the damage! 1500 points of it to be exact! Now, I end my turn. Let me explain what's about to happen. You see, on the turn after Dogma is summoned, after you draw... your LP is halved! It only happens on that one turn... but it'll weaken you more than enough to finish you off next turn! My plan is flawless!" He laughed to himself.

"I use the trap card Compulsory evacuation device!" A giant dome surrunded Destiny HERO - Dogma. "This trap card allows me to target one card on the field and send it back to your hand, which means I don't take as much damage, so do you end your turn?"

"Okay, then I Draw!!, I set a card face down in defence positon, and put two cards face down and end my turn, you should really think about quiting, unless you really have your game on :D" Shadow said Grinning (yes I know GX refrences)

He smirked. "I never quit! I draw!"
He glanced at the card quickly. "Oh look! It's a monster card! You see, when I draw a monster card, I can reveal it to special summon Dasher from my graveyard! Sadly I can only use this effect once... I reveal the Destiny HERO - Decider I drew, to special summon Destiny HERO - Dasher from my grave in attack position!" The wheeled warrior had 2100 Attack points. "Next, I normal summon Decider! Now, by tributing Decider, Drilldark and Dasher, I special summon Dogma again!" The 3400 ATK monster returned to the field from his hand. "Now, I End my turn. That way, Dogma can half your life points safely when you draw. Also, Decider's effect activates. During the end phase of the turn I normal summoned it, I can add a HERO from my grave back to my hand. I'll add Drilldark. Your move..."
Dogma charged a Ball of purple energy, preparing to halve Shadow's lifepoints during his standby phase.

"No way..." Dahlia muttered, her eyes widening. The powerful attack of the Twin Cyber Dragon hit the Metal Reflect Slime, flowing over it and slamming into Dahlia. The power of the attack knocked Dahlia on her back as her Life Points dropped to zero.

Dahlia laid on the ground, and stared up at the sky.
"Dang it." She muttered, not bothering to move. After a few moments, she decided to get up, and found to her surprise, another duel going on. This one seemed to be between the guy, Shadow, that warned his friend about her deck, and another guy with a cool custom duel disk. Dahlia got to her feet, then looked around for Zak. She wanted to congratulate him for beating her.
"Hey, man, beat that guy!" Dahlia said to the guy with the Destiny Heroes.

"I'm over here Dahlia! Thanks for the Duel! You were pretty tough to beat. I'm just watching these guys, what are we gonna do next?" Zak was wondering about going back to his apartment. "If you need a place to stay, I know the manager in the place I live in, and he could let you in the apartment next to mine" Zak offered.

"I DRAW!" Shadow stared down the purple laser coming towards him. "Before that hit's me I activate my Performapal Rain Goat's special abiltity, by sending it to the graveyard I don't take any damage from your attack." The laser stop and burst into rain drop. "Did mud get on your shirt well I'm gonna make it worse remeber your monsters effect, after you end it goes to defence position, not that it matter's because I summon Lava golem!" In a flash both of Arthur's monster's disappeared and lava golam appeared on his field (3000 ATK 2800 DF) you have it but there is a peneilty, every standby phase you take 1000 LP of damage, I end my turn by switching abyss Stungray to defence position. Your turn"

"Thanks, but I'm good. Me and my brother live here." Dahlia said. She shifted uncomfortably, then pulled a card from her deck, as well as one of her locator cards. "You're really good. And we didn't talk about it before the duel, but I still owe you one of my locator cards, as well as one of my rare monsters. So, here. It's The Grand Jupiter, a pretty good card, and very rare. It should fit well with your deck."
Dahlia handed the cards to Zak, albiet kinda hesitantly.

Last edited:
"I DRAW!" Shadow stared down the purple laser coming towards him. "Before that hit's me I activate my Performapal Rain Goat's special abiltity, by sending it from my hand to the graveyard I don't take any damage from your attack." The laser stop and burst into rain drop. "Did mud get on your shirt, to bad because I put one more card in my spell and trap zone and end my turn, See If you can wash that off" Shadow Smirked.

"You know, I think you should keep those cards (The RP will be more confusing if we take and give cards). How about after Shadow and Arthur duel we all go over to Shadow and I's apartment. We can all hang out, and I have a PS4 Pro"

"Acually, we both have one!!!!!" Shadow yelled, even in the heat of the battle he could still hear and respond to other people. "What, I have good hearing!"

"Hey, keep your attention on the duel! I draw!" He smirked as he looked at the card. "Plan A might be down, but I see another plan coming together... I normal summon Destiny HERO - Drilldark! It's effect summons Destiny HERO - Fear Monger from my hand in attack position alongside it. Now, Dogma attacks your Stungray, and you still take damage! Then, Drilldark attacks your facedown. When Drilldark attacks a Defense position monster, it still deals battle damage!"

Before Destiny HERO - Dogma attacked his Stungray Shadow activated his trap card "I Activate Waboku, my monsters can't be destroyed and I take no battle damage from your attacks, see if you beat that!" Shadow said

My turn, I draw, Ha! Your time is up I sacrifice Sea Dragoons of dracina, Abyss Stungray and Marshmallon to summon, Obelisk the Tormentor!!!!" A giant blue monster appeared. "I guess your lucky, When this monster is summoned it can't attack this turn, so that stalls your defeat, let's see what you come up with." Shadow explianed

Dahlia stood there for a moment, then smiled gratefully.
"Thanks." Dahlia said, putting her locator card and The Grand Jupiter back in her pocket. "That sounds like a lot of fun-"
Before she could finish, there was a loud noise as Shadow summoned Obelisk the Tormentor. Dahlia turned, her face turning to one of shock.
"Wha... Wha..." She was at a total loss for words at the appearance of the god card. Dahlia turned back to Zak. "He... He really has a god card?!"

Last edited:
"Gah... such a powerful monster... 4000 ATK and can't be targeted..."
His energy picked back up.
"I'll just have to destroy it another way then! I draw! I set a card facedown, and activate the effect of Celestial in my grave! Since I have no cards in my hand, I can banish Celestial and Decider in my graveyard to draw 2 cards... it all comes down to this!"
He drew his 2 cards, smiling.
"Seems like I have a hometown advantage! I activate the field spell, Dark City!"
A mysterious cityscape of black and orange appeared around them, and he let out a deep breath.
"Ahh, feels like home..."
"Now, i equip Dogma with an Equip Spell! Cyclone Blade!"
Dogma was attached with a new, upgraded sword with three blades swirling around. "You'll see what that does soon enough... but for now... Dogma, attack Obelisk the Tormentor!"
He smirked.
"You see, the Dark City field spell has a special effect. When a Destiny HERO, like Dogma for example, attacks a monster with higher attack points than it, that monster gains 1000 ATK for one battle only! That means, Dogma becomes 4400 ATK! Go, Cyclone Swirl! Attack Obelisk!"

"Sorry but I use my Favourite trap card, Dimensional Prison!" A giant cut in the time space continuum apeared sucking up Dogma. "When my of my monster's is targeted for an attack I can banish that monster, Try that on for size!"

Arthur grit his teeth as Dogma was sucked away by the portal and banished, the equip Spell being destroyed along with it.
"Damnit... You're forcing my hand! I wanted to do this the easy way, but I have no choice! I end my turn..."
He had a plan, but it would be a risky move.

"My turn I Guess, I Draw!, I'll start by using the spell card Gold Sarcophacus, so by banishing one card I can get it back on my second Stadby phase." 'Shadow chose Nekroz Cycle' "Just In case you think of something, Now Obelisk attack his Drilldark!"

As Dahlia watched the duel go on, she began to get more and more confused. Shadow's deck... She couldn't wrap her head around it. Dragoons, Performapals, and now Nekroz, along with a god card? His deck didn't seem to have any rhyme or reason, and yet with it Shadow was actually pressuring the British Destiny Hero duelist. Wait... A British duelist that uses Destiny Heroes... Where had she heard that before...

Last edited: