• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy RP

Jira's grin faded as he watched his monster's attack points fall. While Science Soldier didn't seem too affected, Gradala let out a low moan and seemed to even shrink slightly.
"Aw, man..." Jira scratched his cheek, thinking for a moment before he drew a card for his turn. The fact that his monster's attack points were lowered so much... That wasn't very good at all. Still, Gradala had 1900 attack points. While it certainly wasn't it's original 2700, it would do for now until he figured out a way to get rid of that Burden of the Mighty spell card.
"Well, if you think that's going to stop me, you're wrong! Go Gradala, attack that face down!" Jira commanded. Once again, Gradala began to beat its wings in a hurricane-like attack towards Tobias' face-down monster.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
A small chuckle came from Tobias, his posture straightening out and his fingers curving. It looked like he was waiting for that...!

“Let’s see how that offense treats you...reveal yourself monster!”

The face down monster was revealed, a huge stone statue began to emerge, rocks and concrete made out of an emerald green material. It was The Stone Statute of the Aztecs! 300 ATK, 2,000 DEF.

“That’s not all, I reveal my face down card, Rise to full height!”

The trap card flipped over, showing a large shimmering giant soldier of stone on the cover of the card. As it was flipped, Stone statue of the Aztecs began to rumble.

“This trap card allows me to double the defenses of one card on the field for one turn, which I choose my stone statue of the Aztecs! One doesn’t know what’s truly there...until they see the whole picture...”

The rumbling intensified, the stone statue of the Aztecs jetting up from the ground, a massive lower body seemingly attached to the creature.

Stone Statue of the Aztecs: 300 ATK, 4000 DEF.

“And if your attack fails on his defenses...his secret ability activates...!” He flapped his arms open wide, his scarf fluttering in the wind. “Doubling any damage you receive from fighting him!”

As Tobias began explaining the effects and boosts his monsters were receiving, Jira felt a bit of panic began to rise up in his gut. 4000 defense... plus the ability to double the damage taken? Jira would be taking 4200 damage in one turn! Another OTK... no, no! He was not about to let that happen again!
"T-trap Card!" Jira stammered, a tinge of desperation audible in his voice. Jira's face-down card flipped face-up, revealing a Trap Card depicting two superheros standing safely behind some energy barrier as an attack strikes the energy barrier. "It's a card I can activate during the Battle Phase. I activate it's second effect, making it so I take no Battle Damage during this Battle Phase!"

The fierce winds whipped up by Gradala had no effect on this now-massive stone statue, instead redirecting back towards Jira. But before the winds could hit, an energy shield appeared in front of Jira. The winds struck the shield, dissipating harmlessly, and Jira let out a breath. He wasn't going to get OTK'd. Not this turn. Jira adjusted his hood before regaining a bit of his excited attitude.
"Well. That was a close one, huh?" Jira said, taking a moment to calm his nerves. "I think I'll end my Battle Phase for now."

Jira glanced through his hand, before looking back to his field.
"I'll switch Science Soldier to defense mode and set one card for now." Jira said. The Science Shoulder knelt down in the sand, relaxing and lowering his ray gun. In front of Jira, a face-down card appeared in his Spell and Trap Card Zone.

Seeing Jira’s turn come to a close, Tobias seemed to go through a shift, his body getting into the groove of the battle. His demeanor like a general commanding his troops.

“Now you see my speciality. Unbreakable defenses. While your kaijus are impressive, what use is one if the city cannot be destroyed?”

The trap card began to glow, before it shattered. The Aztec statue seeming to recede into the ground, cracking itself as it did so.

“Speaking of defenses, the trap card has a cost. After it’s used up, the monster drops to zero defense points. The statute decays like that of the Aztec history today.”

Statue of the Aztecs: 300 ATK 0 DEF.

“But this isn’t where the story ends, I will play another face down defense monster, and that will end my turn.”

Last edited:
Jira let out a breath, drawing a card from his deck. A defense-based deck, huh? Well this was interesting. Jira looked around at the Canyon around him. The effect of the Canyon Field Spell still hadn't been announced yet, so Jira would have to be careful about that. Not to mention, that Burden of the Mighty Spell was beginning to get rather annoying. But he would have to do something... Jira looked down at the card he had drawn, a plan beginning to form. But he would have to be careful. Tobias still had a face-down in his Spell and Trap Card Zone. A spell? A trap?

"Well, what would you say about a change of scenery? After all, you don't seem to be using that Canyon very much." Jira said, selecting a switch on his duel disk. The Field Spell Zone appeared on the end of his duel disk, and Jira placed a card in it.
"I activate Kyoutou Waterfront!" Jira announced. The scenery began to change as the Canyon melted away. Buildings and skyscrapers began to rise out of the ground with streets and cars appearing. In the distance, a golden radio spire could be seen above the skyline. The crash of waves could also be heard in the distance, as a city port was in sight. While Jira and Tobias had once seemed to be dueling in the middle of a canyon, now they appeared to be dueling in the middle of a city street. People walked by, not giving the pair much notice until Gradala was loaded into the Field Spell. Suddenly, the people created by the field spell began pointing at the Kaiju and screaming, running away in fear. Gradala seemed too big for street, it's wings 'breaking' the two buildings flanking the monster. Of course, the sounds of panic were more background noises.

"And thanks to the rules of the style we're playing, only one Field Spell can be active at a time. Since Canyon is being sent from the field to the Graveyard, Kyoutou Waterfront gains a counter!" Jira explained. In the distance, a red light on top of the golden radio tower seemed to light up, and radio waves began to appear from the tower's antenna.
"Since we're here in the city, the military's gonna start swooping in to help Gradala fight the menace! I summon V-Tiger Jet!" Jira said. Another shadow crossed the battlefield, and a blue and yellow tiger-like jet appeared next to Jira. It's stats read 1600 Attack and 1800 Defense, but like Jira's other monsters it's attack fell, leaving it at 1200 Attack.

"Now, V-Tiger Jet! Attack Statue of the Aztecs!" Jira commanded. The jet flew towards the stone statue, firing missiles from an opening in its wings.

As the canyon faded due to the ruling and the kaiju themed city became the now, it appeared as of time itself had shifted. Technology and urban environments surrounded them. To make things worse, V-tiger Jet now swooped I’m to destroy the statue of the Aztecs.

“You may build upon history, but history never fades. I activate my trap card, rise to full height, from the graveyard!”

The trap card appeared yet again, coming back from the graveyard from its own effect. This time it seemed to glitter on the second face down monster.

“If I banish the trap card from my graveyard, I can redirect your attack to my other monster on the field, and only it becomes the target of attacks this turn! So reveal yourself, giant soldier of stone! Protect the Aztec statue!”

On cue, the giant soldier of stone erupted from the ground, being the face down defense monster in his back pocket.

Giant soldier of stone: 1300 ATK, 2000 DEF.

Jira’s cards in hand: 2
Tobias’s cards in hand: 3

Last edited:

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Noah glanced around the field before smiling. "Not going to lie nice move, you're certainly learning from these duels of ours, but it's going to take more than that to try and defeat me, I draw." Noah glanced at his card before smiling. "I'll now start this assault by activating the spell card I just drew, Twin Twisters which allows me to destroy two spell or trap cards on the field by discarding one card for my hand, and I'll choose your two-faced downs." Noah said as the wind began to pick up furiously, forming two twisters that approached Willow and destroyed her two face Downs.

"Now that I got rid of your face Downs I have nothing to wrong about, I flip summon my Gem-Turtle in attack mode and activate his special ability, when he's flip summon I can add one Gem Knight fusion from my deck to my hand." Noah said as a turtle with its shell shining like a emerald appeared, then card stick out from his deck for him to pick it up and added it to his hand.

"Now then, I normal summon Gem Armadillo and what this card does, is it allows me to add one Gem Knight monster from my deck to my hand, and I'll add my Gem Knight garnet." Noah said as he added another card to his hand. "Now then, let's bring out some friends of ours shall we? I activate Gem Knight fusion and fuse my Gem Knight alexandrite and Gem Knight garnet from my hand and fusion summon Gem Knight Citrine!" Noah said as a knight wearing copper colored armor appeared with both of his arms and his weapon Lance were covered in molten lava (Gem Knight Citrine 2200atk/1950def).

"Next I overlay Gem Turtle and Gem Armadillo to XYZ summon, come forth Gem Knight Pearl." Noah said as a being of white armor appeared with 7 pearls floating around with two glowing orbs going around him.
(Gem Knight Pearl 2600atk/1900def)

"You're certainly getting better Willow not going to lie, I'm even sure that you can take down a third year from the Slifer and Ra dorm, but it appears that I'm a bit more skilled than you." Noah said as he extended his palm towards Willows monsters. "Gem Knight Citrine shall attack your Gladiator Beast and his effect activates, when he attacks or is attacked you can't activate cards or effects until the end of the battle step, and Gem Knight Pearl shall attack your face down monster." Noah said as both of his monsters dashed towards Willows, Gem Knight Pearl attacked the face down with a fury of punches while Gem Knight Citrine thrusted his Lance towards the Gladiator Beast sector, causing both of Willows monster to explode into pixels before the two knights leaped back towards their master side.

Noah place both his hands back into his pocket as he ended his turn there.

(Noah LP: 4000)
(Willow LP:4000)

Last edited:
Jira gritted his teeth as V-Tiger Jet's missiles went wide, sidewinding into the nearby buildings and exploding instead of attacking Statue of the Aztecs. The V-Tiger Jet had lost its target. To attack the Stone Soldier this turn just wouldn't work, thanks to that darned Burden of the Mighty card. So Jira was forced to end his Battle Phase. Disappointing.

The Slifer Red looked through his hand before looking back up to Tobias.
"Well, I really can't do anything else this turn. So it looks like that's it for me. For now! But you can't defend forever!" Jira called over to Tobias.

Tobias’s scarf and hair blew as the smoke debris from the building exploded, holographic people running for their lives. He closed his eyes, drawing a card as the dust cloud parted.

“And why can’t i do just that? Who else will protect these people from your rampage?” He spoke, opening his eyes on the card he drew. “Though it would seem the Aztec statue to has finally begun to faded away, it is time to tribute him to set a new monster...”

The Aztec statue crumbled in place, revealing a face down card to replace it. He showed no sign of letting his defenses fall, all the while monsters piled up on Jira’s side of the field.

“I will also set this card face down in the spell and trap zone, and end my turn.”

Another card materialized in the zone. This left two face down cards and the burden of the mighty card in play.

Jira’s Cards in hand: 2
Tobias’s Cards in hand: 2

Last edited:
Willow gritted her teeth, those tornadoes were a massive pain and if she could trust Noah, his deck was a beatdown deck and stacked with strong monsters. She could not lose her monsters this early. "I activate my trap card, Waboku! My monsters can't be destroyed by battle and I take no battle damage during this turn." She couldn't do anything to save her spell and trap cards, but she could save her monsters. Letting out a sigh of relief, she watched the two Gem Knights fight against her monsters without any luck. Her Charcoal Inpachi was revealed, but as it was a Normal Monster it was not too big of a deal. Besides, its defense was still impressive. "I activate Gladiator Beast Secutor's effect! If it attacks or is attacked and lives, I may special summon two Gladiator Beasts onto the field from my deck and I choose Gladiator Beast Laquari and Gladiator Beast Bestiari!" A humanoid tiger surrounded by a ring of fire (2100/400 due to being special summoned by a Gladiator Beast, 2700/1000 because of the field spell) and a humanoid bird (1500/800, 2200/1500 due to the field spell) wearing armor with what looked like guns on its arms were summoned to the field.

"My turn, I draw." Willow drew a card, but didn't place it. "Y'know, I think you might be right. I can put up a fight, especially when I do this! I fusion summon Gladiator Beast Heraklinos by returning Gladiator Beast Laquari along with two other Gladiator Beasts to the deck and shuffling it. Come forth, with a fury blazing so bright that all enemies will be burnt to ashes, Gladiator Beast Heraklinos!" Summoning her key card, a towering beast that resembled an unholy fusion between many different Gladiator Beasts came forth holding a shield consisting of Secutor's cannons and Hoplomus' plates and a halberd belonging to Spartacus. It had Laquari's face, Bestiari's chest armor piece, wing armguards, and spearhead attached on Spartacus' halberd., Dimacari's upper body and accessories as leg guards, Alexander's hair and wings, Murmillo's upper waist armor piece, Darius' upper legs and Samnite's upper wings. All of these traits were stitched together into this monster that was Willow's strongest card. (3000/2800, 3800/3600 due to the field spell)

"Whoo boy, it's been too long since I've seen this one! Gladiator Beast Heraklinos! Attack Gem Knight Pearl, Chimera Cut!" Heraklinos let out a roar before slashing down onto the Gem Knight, its higher attack points being a clear sign that the Gem Knight wouldn't win the clash. "I am starting to understand why you used the Magical Musketeers, being in control of a fight is a glorious feeling." If this attack connected, Noah would take 1200 points of damage and lose a very powerful monster. She had to take that opportunity!

(Colosseum- Cage of the Gladiator Beast tokens: 8 )

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
(Noah's LP: 2800)
(Willows LP:4000)

"Well then, I wasn't expecting that and plus you summon a powerful monster, but I'm taking control of this duel right now, I normal summon my Crystal Rose, and what it does is I can send one Gem Knight or melodious monster from my deck to my graveyard and its name becomes it, and the card I'll sent to the graveyard is Gem Knight lazuli, and her special beauty activates when she sent to the graveyard I can then one normal gem-knight monster to my hand, and finally from my hand I'll activate the spell card absorb fusion." Noah said as he activate a card that had a image of a suit of armor with multiple gems combining into it.

"Tsk tsk tsk, I don't think you can do that. I activate Gladiator Beast Heraklinos Special Effect! By discarding one card in my hand, I can negate a spell or trap card and destroy it. Absorb Fusion is no more!" Willow waved her finger around before discarding a Gladiator Beast Murmillo, causing Gladiator Beast Heraklinos to slash at the spell card, destroying it. "Looks like Heraklinos doesn't care much for jewelry, but excuse me for interrupting. Go on with your turn, unless you want to end it there."

When Tobias brought up 'protecting people from his rampage', Jira paused. Taking a moment, he looked around the field to take in all the destruction before laughing once again.
"Aw man. I guess you got me there. Usually when I duel people, my opponent is causing as much destruction as I am, so I spin it so that the Kaiju are stopping a bigger threat. But I guess that doesn't work against you!" Jira said. When Tobias tributed one of his monsters to set one face-down, the golden radio tower in the distance glowed once again, and more radio waves were emitted by it. A second counter was placed on Kyoutou Waterfront. Jira watched as Tobias ended his turn, setting another card face-down.

Although Jira had a lead in life-points, he had a bad feeling at Tobias' face-down monster he had just summoned. It's not a good sign when an opponent tributes a monster to summon one, but the fact that it face-down meant that Jira couldn't even see what it was! And Jira had a feeling that it was more than just a strong defensive monster.

"Well, it's my turn then!" Jira said, drawing a card. He grinned, looking back up at Tobias. "Looks like my deck's coming through! I activate Upstart Goblin!"
A spell card rose out of the ground next to Jira, depicting a well dressed goblin laughing down on a weak and malnourished human.
"This card allows me to draw one card, at the cost of you gaining 1000 Life Points!" Jira said, drawing another card from his deck. "And since I just sent another card from the field to the Graveyard, Kyoutou Waterfront gains a third Kaiju Counter!"
The red light on top of the golden radio tower in the distance, while once was flashing, now grew brighter and stayed constant. Jira pointed at Tobias.

"Now, since Kyoutou Waterfront has three Kaiju Counters on it, I can activate its effect! I can add one 'Kaiju' Monster from my deck to my hand!" Jira looked through his deck before picking a card and adding it to his hand.
"Now, prepare to meet a brand-new Kaiju! My favorite monster! Come on out, Dogoran, the Mad Flame Kaiju!" Jira announced. The sky seemed to turn red as meteor appeared, streaking down towards the field. Falling, it crushed down onto Gradala and Science Soldier, destroying them. As the flames from the meteor died down, it slowly seemed to change and rise. What once appeared to be a meteor revealed itself to be a giant, winged dinosaur with flames leaping from its mouth and head. The light on top of Kyoutou Waterfront seemed to glow even brighter as 2 more Kaiju Counters were added to the card.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Noah waved his finger.
Tsk, tsk, tsk, I guess you weren't paying attention in class today, but my Gem Knight fusion spell card has a graveyard effect, if I banish one Gem Knight from my graveyard I can add it back to my hand, and I'll banish my Gem Knight Pearl, and I'll activate it." Noah said as he grabbed the card from his graveyard.

"Now I'll fuse with my Gem Knight Sapphire, Gem Knight alexandrite, and Gem Knight garnet from my hand, and now watch as all three of my gems combined into one and show you the true beauty of this deck, I fusion summon! Come forth, Gem Knight lady Brilliant Diamond!"
What comes to Noah's field is a feminine figure with green eyes, diamonds on her forehead and chest and a red cape with a thin sword
(Gem Knight lady brilliant diamond 3400atk/2000def)

"It's clear that your monster is stronger than my lady brilliant, but that's all going to change with her effect, lady brilliant can tribute 1 gem Knight monster on my side of the field to special summon one gem Knight fusion monster from my extra deck ignoring its summoning condition and I'll tribute my Crystal Rose since its name is treated as lazuli for this turn, and I'll bring out Gem Knight Ruby." Noah said as a knight wearing red armor and a blue cape with a 2 handed axe appeared onto the field.

"And here comes the cool part, Gem Knight Ruby has a cool effect too, he can tribute one of my gem monsters and add the tributed monsters attack points to himself and I'll tribute my Citrine, which means Ruby's attack points increase by 2200."
(Gem Knight Ruby 2500+2200=4700atk/1300def)
Gem Knight Citrine body began to glow and fade as his essence went towards Gem Knight Ruby, causing Gem Knight Ruby's arms and weapon to blaze into fire while his body is surrounded by a red aura.

"Gem Knight Ruby! Attack her Gladiator Beast Heraklinos and destroy it, Blazing Strike!"
Noah said as Gem Knight Ruby and Willows gladiator beasts dashed towards each other, as the two attack as they passed each other they both remain still right before Ruby raised his axe of a sign of victory as Heraklinos hit the ground and shattered into pieces.

(Noah LP: 2800)
(Willow LP: 4000-900=3100)

"You played well, but you have a long way to go before I can call you my equal, but for right now I'll consider you my rival. Gem Knight lady brilliant diamond shall attack you directly." Noah said as lady brilliant dashed towards Willow and slashed at her.

(Noah LP: 2800)
(Willow LP: 3100-3400=0)

Tobias Life Points: 3900

He was confused by this move. Did his opponent really need more cards in his hand that he would help his own enemy to get it? The tactic confused him, that is, until a flaming meteor came from the sky, shattering the two monsters on his enemy’s side of the field.

Dogoran, the mad flame Kaiju: 2200 ATK, 1200 DEF

“...interesting.” He remarked briefly. “And that is your grand plan, is it?”

He eyed the kaiju beacon, knowing that if it remained in play, that more of those monsters would come out to wreck havoc. He would have to wait for the right time to get rid of it...

Jira grinned, revealing his pointed teeth once again.
"You're got a lot of tough monsters on your field, and thanks to that Burden of the Mighty Spell Card, trying to take them down by attacking hasn't been working so well. But Dogoran has the solution for that." Jira said. "I'll remove three Kaiju Counters from Kyoutou Waterfront to activate Dogoran's effect! This turn, instead of attacking Dogoran can destroy all monsters on your field. Now go, Dogoran! Atomic Fire Breath!"
The large dinosaur-like Kaiju let out a roar that seemed to shake the entire city, leaning beak and taking in a breath. Then with a blast of energy, a huge beam of red flame burst from Dogoran's mouth, heading straight towards Tobias' monsters.

As the effect of the dragon was about to wash over Tobias’s side of the field, the archaeologist stood firm, revealing one of his face downs...a trap card!

“Seems like your Kaiju as sprung a hidden booby trap, the fiendish chain!”

Suddenly, several ancient pillars rose from the ground, chains jetting out from them and latching onto the kaiju. Blast seemed to be canceled before the kaiju could finish his effect.

“The fiendish chain is a nasty trap, it prevents one of your monsters from attacking OR using their effects. Looks like this monster won’t be rampaging any longer.”

Last edited:
"Wah?!" Willow was caught off guard by the effect of the spell card and desperately tried to look for any spell or trap cards, even though she knew it was futile. She had no cards left and as much as she wanted to save Heraklinos, she couldn't. Her key card got beaten in battle after a valiant attempt to stay alive, as all gladiators did. Her life points dropped to zero and she stood in silence, no other emotion on her face than pure shock as she tried to understand how she lost. When Willow finaly did make a sound, it was a chuckle. A chuckle that grew into roaring laughter as she bent over to stay on her feet. "WHAHAHAHA! That was incredible! I haven't had such a close and informative match in a while, and it only lasted like five turns! Noah, you're a pain in the ass to fight, but damn are you a good kind of pain!"

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Noah cracked a smile. "You can blame that to my mother, she was the one who taught me how to duel." Noah said as he put up his duel desk and started walking towards Willow.

"It was a great duel, if I didn't have my Gem Knight fusion it could have been in your favor." Noah said as he reached Willow and extended his arm for a handshake.

"Your mother huh? Must be one impressive duelist. Think she can teach me?" Letting out another laugh, Willow shook Noah's hand. "But for real, what kind of next level plays did she teach you? Because you got the right cards at the right time, it is actually kind of crazy. No matter what I throw at you, you just throw it right back at me with double the power. You're like a human Magical Cylinder!"

Jira grimaced as chains lashed up, binding Dogoran and preventing him from moving. Dogoran struggled against the chains for a moment, but they held strong. Dogoran was unable to attack. Jira looked down at his hand, trying to figure something out. After a moment, he looked back up at Tobias.
"It's gonna take more than that to take out a Kaiju! I'll activate a trap card of my own! Kaiju Capture Mission!" Jira said. The face-down card in front of him flipped up, revealing a Trap Card depicting a shadowy humanoid Kaiju facing off against a large, sea turtle-like Kaiju. "Since there's less than three Kaiju Counters on this card, I can switch one Kaiju monster on the field to face-down defense position. So Dogoran is going to rest for now."

Dogoran let out another cry, and began to curl up into a ball. The monster eventually disappeared completely as a fece-down card appeared in Jira's monster card zone.
"And, since Dogoran isn't face-up on the field, your Fiendish Chain loses its target. Right?" Jira said. "Now I'll just switch V-Tiger Jet to defense mode, set one card-face down, and end my turn."

Last edited:

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
"She is, but I wouldn't recommend training under her, she would make me duel against her until I dropped every session, I guess it was her version of family bonding, she's harsh but I still love her. People sometimes related me to her because I was direct, and straightforward, and of my skill, but how can you blame them, I am Julia Krystal son after all." Noah said casually as he glanced at two other people dueling near them.
"Hmmmm...... Where did those two come from and how did we not notice them earlier?" Noah said as he approached the two duelist to watch them

"Noah Krystal huh, that explains your Gem Knights deck. Perhaps I should make a second deck for if my Gladiators struggle too much?" Willow thought out loud as she cupped her chin, though her thoughts were interrupted by Noah. "Huh? Yeah, when did they arrive? And what is that field spell?" Curious about the decks of both duellists, she walked over towards Jiro and Tobias. "Isn't that the guy you duelled against? Should be a nice way to see what he's got, since you didn't really gave him much of a chance." She quipped as she saw Jiro.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
"Hm? I don't really remember his name, he didn't really leave that much of an impression, so I didn't bother to remember it, but I do remember his deck even though I only saw one card that caught my interest so I took the safe route and took them out as fast as possible before he could do anything." Noah said as he rub his neck

"Of course, because why would you drag out a duel and see if the opponent picks up steam?" Willow said in a sarcastic tone. "He's a Slifer Red facing a Ra Yellow though, so I'm rooting for him. Besides, that field spell is an odd one. If it is anything like Colosseum, why would he put a monster face down? Could it be that this field spell doesn't increase attack or defense? Is it a flip effect monster? Does the field spell not help it?" Wondering out loud, Willow crossed her arms as she was curious to see what Jiro brought to the table.

“Retreating into defense are you?” Tobias nodded. “Wise move, even still, it means your rampage has come to an end, at least for now.”

Drawing a card and adding it to his hand. He looked at all the monsters on Jira’s side of the field, his yellow eyes focusing on each of them, as if he weren’t going to see them again.

“I shall start this turn off by playing a spell card, degenerate circuit!”

The continuous spell card was played, taking its place next to burden of the mighty. It had no clear effect, as it didn’t seem to effect attack or defense points at all.

“I will let you in on what that does soon enough. But for now...you shall see that a good defense can destroy any offense. I will show you my star monster, rise Guardian Sphinx!”

The set monster on his side of the field flipped up, towering creature emerging from the ground. The concrete of the city broke apart as the Sphinx broke the silence.

Guardian Sphinx: 1800 ATK, 2400 DEF.

“Now the Guardian Sphinx’s ability activates. Once he is flipped summoned, all your monsters must return to the hand. BUT! That’s where degenerate circuit comes in. Due to its effect, any monsters that return to the hand are removed from play! Guardian Sphinx, eliminate every monster in his possession!”

The Sphinx’s eyes began to glow a ghastly red aura. A massive sandstorm rushing trough the city, cutting through the air and racing toward Jira’s entire field!

Jira’s Cards in hand: 0
Tobias’s Cards in hand: 2

Jira raised his duel disk to shield himself as the sandstorm whipped through. But instead of making the face-down monster and V-Tiger Jet disappear, portals opened up and sucked the monsters away.
"No! Dogoran!" Jira exclaimed as his favorite monster was banished. But it was too late. Jira's monsters were gone, and his field was completely open. Jira gritted his teeth, waiting for Tobias to attack. Things weren't looking good, but if he was lucky he would be able to survive this round...

“Now, the monsters that once terrorized the city are no more, lost in the sands of time...” Tobias spoke poetically. “But, time presses on ever still. And I have yet to summon a monster myself this turn. So I choose to summon block golem!”

Assembling together from appearingly lego blocks, a monster emerged. Clear to its name, the Lego block golem teetered to life.

Block Golem- 1000 ATK 1500 DEF.

“I will then trigger his ability, which sacrifices block golem to bring back two rock monsters from my graveyard, with effects negated of course...”

Block golem began to quake, its body seeming to be pounded on from the inside. Suddenly, a pair of fists broke through it’s chest cavity. Emerging from the Lego monster came the statue of the Aztecs alongside rockstone warrior, the face down that was destroyed on turn one...all in attack position!”

Statue of the Aztecs- 300 ATK 2000 DEF
Rockstone Warrior- 1800 ATK 1600 DEF
Giant Soldier of stone- 1300 ATK 2000 DEF
Guardian Sphinx- 1700 ATK 2400 DEF.

“Those that try to erase the past are doomed to repeat it, as history can never be erased. No matter how many cities you build upon ancient ruins, it doesn’t erase their existence. Let this show you...all of my ancient monsters, attack!

Combined attack strength: 4800

The monsters rushed his opponet’s Side of the field, lead by the soldier of stone with it’s swords drawn, followed by Rocstone warrior, with the Aztecs statue and Guardian Sphinx shortly behind them

Last edited:
"Oh, jeez!" Jira exclaimed as the mob of monsters lunged towards him. First, the pair of Soldiers of Stone slashed down at him with stone swords. Jira's Life Points fell to 2700, then again to 1400. The Stone Statue of the Aztecs was the next to attack, hitting Jira with a palm strike. Once again, Jira's Life Points fell to 1100. Finally, the Guardian Sphinx attacked. That would be the finishing blow... if it wasn't for Jira's face-down.
"Enchanted Javelin!" Jira exclaimed, gesturing to his face-down. The card flipped up, revealing a Trap Card depecting a decorative magical javelin. The javelin shot out of the card, striking the ground next to Jira. A green healing energy appeared around the Slifer Red. "This card allows me to gain Life Points equal to the attack of an attacking monster!"

"You're pretty good, Tobias. I can see why you're in Ra Yellow. But I would appreciate if you would stop trying to OTK me." Jira said lightheartedly, a grin on his face.

Tobias watched as monster after monster attacked away at Jira’s life points, his opponet getting closer and closer to a loss after each attack. But before the great Sphinx could finish off Jira, he managed to heal himself right in the nick of time to survive the sphinx’s Attack. After Jira’s whimsical remark, he gave a small chuckle, his opponet’s attitude contagious.

“Ha...you have quite the will. Fine then, I will give you one more turn. Guardian Sphinx will use his ability to shift back into face down mode, concealing himself within the sands, so that he may once again erase any monster that you bring onto the field.”

The guardian Sphinx sunk down under the hole it made in the street, a small lake of sand gushing forth, perhaps rubble from the canyon that was built over by the city. With that, the turn was concluded.

Jira’s Cards in hand: 2
Tobias’s Cards in hand: 1

Last edited:
Jira drew a card, starting off his turn and was glad to see Tobias starting to lighten up. After all, it was just a duel. Ya had to have some fun with it!
"Alright, I'll start out by activating Kyoutou Waterfront's effect again! Since it has 3 Kaiju Counters on it, I can add a Kaiju monster from my deck to my hand." Jira said. The Slifer Red took out his deck from his Duel Disk, looking through it before picking one. His Life Point lead had fizzled out, and if he didn't finish this soon, it would only be a matter of time until Tobias finished him off. To be honest, Jira wasn't too certain he was going to win this one. But that was okay! He'd just have to go out with a bang, rather than a whimper like he had before.

"Okay, here we go! I activate the effect of Radian, the Multidimensional Kaiju! I'll tribute your face-down Guardian Sphinx to summon him to your side of the field!" Jira said. A ripple began to form over the zone that Sphinx's face-down card was in, and a hand seemingly made of darkness began to reach down out of it.

Guardian Sphinx was tributed for the being attached to giant hand...which began to loom up from the destruction site of Guardian Sphinx. It was a creature of the dark...a monstrous entity that’s red eyes and pulsating tendril-like extensions made it on par with the buildings.

Radian the Multidimensional Kaiju. 2800 ATK, 2500 DEF.

“An impressive beast, if he were on your side of the field.” Tobias stated. “Now I know what comes next. Where is his rival...”

Last edited:
"You managed to get rid of Dogoran... So now I've got no choice but to turn to his archenemy for strength! I activate the effect of Thunder King, the Lightning Strike Kaiju, and Special Summon him!" The sky grew dark as clouds formed overhead, and the sound of thunder (all generated by the holograms) could be heard. Lightning began to strike the ground as there was a screech from the clouds. Then, descending from the heavens revealed a winged, white-scaled dragonlike Kaiju, with three heads whipping around and growling. Lighting blasted from its wings. It's stats read 3300 attack and 2100 defense, but fell to 2400 attack thanks to Burden of the Mighty.

"And, well... about that defensive wall..." Jira pointed to Tobias' monsters, all of which were in attack mode. "Hate to break it to you, but they don't look all that defensive right now! But I'm not done yet! I summon Cyber Commander!"
Jira slapped another card onto his duel disk, and in front of him a human man heavily armed with guns appeared. It's stats read 750 Attack and 700 defense, but it's attack fell to 550.

"In most Kaiju movies, humanity is pretty helpless when it comes to fighting against Kaiju. But in more recent movies, they've been pretty good at developing anti-Kaiju weapons to help give them a leg up. So here's one now! I activate the Equip Spell, Buster Rancher! I can only equip it to a monster with 1000 or less attack, so I'm giving it to Cyber Commander!" Jira said. Next to Cyber Commander, a gigantic laser cannon appeared. The Cyber Commander took it, kneeling down and aiming down it's sight. Now with an empty hand, Jira was going all in.

"Alright! Here we go! Cyber Commander, attack Radian!" Jira announced. Cyber Commander looked down the sight of the laser cannon, before firing the huge laser towards Radian. "And now Buster Rancher's effect activates! Since Cyber Commander is battling a monster in attack position with 2500 or more attack, that boosts Cyber Commander's attack by 2500!"
Cyber Commander's attack stat began to quickly rise, revealing that for this battle, he had an attack of 3050.

Tobias winced as the missile was shot out from the Buster rancher, colliding with the Kaiju he now inherited. It exploded violently, the monster rearing up in pain before shattering into thousands of pieces.

Tobias’s life points: 3,550

“Perhaps destroying your own monsters isn’t the best course of action...” Tobias began to warn, knowing that there was only one more monster out left to attack...

Last edited:
Jira disregarded Tobias' warning, pressing on his attack.
"Now, Thunder King! Attack that Stone Statue of the Aztecs! Atomic Lighting Breath!" Jira commanded. The Lightning Strike Kaiju's three heads let out a screech as the monster took to the air. Flapping its wings, electricity seemed to crackle in each of it's mouths. Putting its heads together, the three heads of Thunder King released a powerful beam of electricity straight towards the Stone Statue. Time to narrow the gap!

Electricity shot toward Tobias from the monstrous Kaiju before him, which would do catastrophic damage to his life points...but he didn’t seem concerned. Shaking his head, he pointed at his opponent’s side of the field.

“My defensive wall...includes more than just my monsters. They include yours. Observe, my last trap card in play, Magical arm shield!”

The trap card flipped up, a white grappling hand extending from the trap.

“This card allows me to redirect your attack to another monster on your side of the field...and I choose your soldier.”

The magical arm shield stretched out to grab the soldier, if it would grab him, it would bring him in the way of the attack!

“Since your monster is just 2400...buster rancher becomes useless. Looks like the peace between Kaiju and humans have come to a bitter end. Destroy the soldier!”

The hand grabbed Cyber Commander, dragging the cyborg across the field and in front of the attack aimed at the Stone Statue. Cyber Commander let out a panicked cry, but it was too late. Thunder King's attack completely destroyed the poor monster. Jira could do nothing but shake his head.
"Oh, come on man! Just because I've given you so many cool monster doesn't mean you can just up and take my other monsters!" Jira called over to Tobias. While losing Cyber Commander and Buster Rancher was disappointing, a grin was still on Jira's face. The whole situation with the trap card was rather funny in his opinion.

"Well, that was it for me. I don't have any cards in my hand, so I can't do anything else. I end my turn!" Jira said to Tobias.

Cyber commander was utterly obliterated by the Thunder Kaiju, betrayed and killed in battle. His weapon dropped down beside him, shattering seconds after the soldier who wielded him perished.

Tobias life points: 1900

“A worthy sacrifice of life points. I saved the ruins, and showed humanity what these Kaiju are capable of.” He said playing his role, drawing a card. “But now, I will tribute my soldier of stone with an ancient relic from the tomb it was protecting...the millennium shield!”

As he played the card, the soldier of stone pulled at the ground, unearthing the golden shield while it crumbled. The shield had a piercing gazing, a millenium eye staring at Jira.

Millennium Shield- 0 ATK 3000 DEF

“And that’s not all...I play the last card in my hand: a spell card called Shield & Sword! This spell card reverses the attack and defense of all monsters on the field, turning my milleniummon shield into a milleniummon sword!”

The milleniumon shield seemed to change shape, it’s golden body morphing into a golden cutlass, the eye emblazoning the Grip shield.

Milleniumon Shield(Sword)- 3000 ATK 0 DEF.

“And now, put an end to this Kaiju infestation, slash through the heart!”

Last edited:
The Millenium Sword lunged forward, slashing at Thunder King. The Kaiju attempted to punch down onto the monster as it moved into range, but the blade was two quick. In one swift move, Thunder King was cut in half. The Kaiju let out a pained cry before exploding into pixels. Jira shielded himself with his duel disk, wincing as his Life Points fell to 500. And now, with no monsters on his field, Jira knew what was coming next. He looked back to Tobias, a grin still on his face.
"Nice move, dude. Nice move..." Jira said, accepting the inevitable defeat about to come from the rest of Tobias' monsters attacking.

Nodding his head at Jira’s remark, noting that with no cards remaining on the field except the spell cards in play, and no card in his hand, Jira was all but defeated. He didn’t want to overkill him, but he did want to send the message.

“Now since the spell card is still in play...statue of the Aztecs also has bonus attack points.”

Stone Statue of the Aztecs- 2000 ATK, 300 DEF

“And due to his ability, you receive double the damage that is dealt to you by him. At the very least, your city can rest easy knowing the monster are gone.”

He pointed in the direction, leaving no verbal cue as the stone statue launched its large Palms forward, flying over to seal the duel