• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy RP

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
"A group...picture?"

How peculiar. The stoic archaeologist had never been asked to partake in such a ludicrous and frivolous activity. But alas he had forgotten one of the core reasons he was here: bonds with his new friends. After a few moment of internal debate of about the matter at hand, Tobias have a nod, closing his eyes.

"...If you must."

At the suggestion of a group picture, Jira looked around the colosseum. It really was an incredible place, and getting here had played out like many of the movies he had watched growing up. He smiled.
"Yeah. I don't ever want to forget something like this." Jira said, walking over to his two friends and putting his arms over both their shoulders. He nudged Tobias and gave his friend a grin.
"Both of you are incredible. I thought we were just gonna be going on a nice hike through the woods together, but then we ended up in an actual adventure!" Jira said. "Before I met you guys, I never really thought I'd have an adventure like the types I'd see in movies. I'm... I'm glad I'm friends with you two."

~~~~~~~~~~

Tracy couldn't help but to smile at Maya's excitement. Finding a shady spot on the beach, Tracy set up her towel and put down her bag. The Ra Yellow changed into her swimsuit and ran to the water, jumping into the ocean.

Dahlia watched as Tracy ran to the water.
"I don't know, but it still gives me the creeps." Dahlia said, setting up a spot on the beach for herself as well. She just needed to forget about it. Taking off her hat and changing into her swimsuit, the Obelisk Blue girl walked towards the surf.

~~~~~~~~~~

Lance looked from Goule to Bella, considering Bella's question before taking another sip of tea. His curiosity was starting to get the better of him...
"It should be an interesting experience." Lance said. "Why not?"

Slowly but surely the rest of the vacation crew found their way to the beach; Jacques was situated right where the shore met the water, his long legs outstretched enough for the water to push up to around his knees at its furthest reaches. His butt and beyond were solely sat on dry sand, his satchel tucked quietly against his right side, its tan coloring helping it blend in with his sand. The French (Canadian) duelist leaned back, his elbows rooted firmly in the sand.

Tracy was the first to run past, jumping into the ocean with an impressive splash. Dahlia approached with a much more patient pace, only a few feet to Jacques's right as she neared the water.

"Is quite pret-ty, non?" Jacques asked aloud, to nobody in particular, "Where the o-cean meats the sand, where the o-cean meets the sky. Is all a-part of the o-ther, but its own. And we are just a-no-ther part as well!"

Willow laughed as Jira put his arms on the shoulders of his friends. "Alright, you sap! I thought you were fan of kaiju movies, not romantic comedies, no?" Shaking her head, she raised her phone and grinned. "Say cheese!" The Gladiator Duelist took the picture and took a look at the picture. "Now that is a pretty picture, I'll send it to you Jira. You can then send it forward to Tobias." With a couple of taps, the picture was sent to her Kaiju-loving comrade. "Alright, let's do one last sweep of this place. Plus we get like a secret meeting place now, as those Obelisks are the only other people who know about this place and we know that we can take them." Wiping her forehead clear from irritating hairs, the girl smiled. She didn't expect to be in this scenario today, but she didn't want to have anyone else by her side.

----------

Finding a place near the shade, Maya placed down her towel and dumped her other items next to it before taking her blouse off to go for a dip. "Last one in's a rotten egg!" The girl yelled as she ran into the water, quickly being submerged up to her chest. "Ahhhh, this is truly living. Can't believe I never did this before." Letting her body float on the water, she listened to Jacques' spiel about the beauty of the whole scene. "Dude, get in here before I throw you in! Philosophy can wait, the beach cannot."

Bob meanwhile put his towel a ways away from the others, allowing his mind to rattle as he got dressed. Perhaps some physical activity would erase the haze and stress that clouded his mind? Stretching his muscles, the Ra Yellow cracked his neck that had gotten stiff during the walk and headed towards the water. Suddenly he was very grateful that water attribute monsters didn't cause machines to rust.

Having rushed in with the challenge of a prideful youth, the Obelisk girl floating along in the ocean shot back a playful reply to Jacques's aloof rambling:

"Dude, get in here before I throw you in! Philosophy can wait, the beach cannot." Maya said, still playing the forceful soul. But while she'd rushed into the water, submerging herself up to her chest before reclining back to float on the ocean, Jacques had done much the same; slipping off his shirt and covering his satchel and sandals, the Ra boy creeped into the gently crashing waters. In no time at all he was on his back, same as Maya, floating over salt-water with his ever-calm nature. And then: Bump! His shoulder pushed into Maya's, a slow collision that sent him slowly away, like a marble trying to roll through tar.

"I can do both, non?" Jacques asked with a content sigh as he drifted, now away from the Obelisk girl, "Af-ter all! What is phi-los-o-phy, if not floa-ting on the o-cean? Or the tide that will soon pull you un-der?"

*click*

In the picture, Tobias was crossing his arms whilst he was being embraced by Jira's arm. One could tell his surprise of the touch of human contact, something he was certainly not Accustomed to. Processing the photo, he closed his eyes, his emotions remaining in check and contained. If one weren't paying attention, they'd easily miss his next words.

"...As I you, Jira."

Snapping out of it and focusing on what Willow had to say, he seemed to give some thought into the idea of a secret hangout.

"Possibly. The grounds and nature of the location are sufficient enough to make a stable headquarters. If that is so, then let it be so."

"Perfect~"

Opening the vials as quick as a flash, he began to pour his white powdery solvent onto the ground. The powder began to take shape as Goule's deceivingly quick body had assembled what appeared to be a pentagram or spellcaster symbol of some sort. All of which with a single chair he had pulled from the tea party in the epicenter.

"Then let's begin right away, shall we? Lance, if you'd be so kind as to sit in that chair there in the middle...and our guest and I shall take two of the opposing corners. And when we are ready, drink this gray vial. This vial contains a solution that will render you unconscious for around five minutes. That is how long the seance shall last."

Handing over a dubious vial over to Lance with a shaky hand, he gave a nod over to Bella, whom he could tell wasn't going to be jumping for the opportunity to take part in such a ceremony.

Tracy swam through the water, letting the waves carry her. She had experienced wave pools at water parks before, but had never the real thing. The salt stung and the water was cold, but it was a good comparison to the hot tropical weather of the island. Hearing a thump, Tracy managed to catch a beach ball Dahlia had produced just in time.
"Nice catch, Tracy!" Dahlia said. Tracy hit the beach ball back to Dahlia.

The Obelisk Blue girl looked over to Jacques, rolling her eyes at the Ra Yellow's rambling. Dahlia threw the inflatable beach ball at Jacques. Tracy waded over to Bob.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"R-romantic comedies?" Jira thought, but managed to keep a grin as the picture was taken. His phone chimed as Willow sent him the picture, and Jira took a look at it. It really was a good picture. Although Jira was distracted by his phone, he still heard Tobias' comment. The Slifer Red looked to his friend, giving him a warm smile.

Willow suggested that they did one last sweep of the place, and Jira nodded. Who knows what else lay hidden in this arena? He grinned at Tobias' comment.
"Hey, now we have two bases! This colosseum, and then your Giant Soldier of Stone costume could be used as a mobile base. What did you do with that anyway?" Jira asked

~~~~~~~~~

Lance looked down at the vial in Goule's hand, raising an eyebrow. He glanced over to the chair in the middle of the pentagram made of a white substance. Salt, perhaps? Then the third year student looked back to Goule. He sighed before taking the vial and sitting down in the chair. He couldn't help but to feel nervous, but his face showed nothing but indifference. If something were to happen, well, he'd just have to hope Bella and Goule were the type of people he thought they were.
"Just tell me when." Lance said, crossing his arms.

Drifting along on the ocean peacefully, Jacques let the beach ball bonk off his forehead with a sleepy nonchalance before reaching up to grab it as it rebounded from his noggin. He held onto it for a moment, making sure the beach breeze pushed in the right direction. With a movement more like a push than a throw, he hurled the ball at an angle where it first arced in between Dahlia and Tracy, who'd moved next to Bob -- before the wind carried it over to Maya.

As the beach ball drifted toward Maya, Jacques dunked his entire body into the water, staying under for a few seconds before coming back up, his wet, brown hair falling in all directions, clinging to is face and neck and shoulders before he pushed away just enough to be able to see the world again. Satisfied, he moved back toward the shore, finding a spot where he could sit down, his lower body still submerged in salt water.

Bella of course seemed to be a touch nervous, this whole thing seemed to be so shaky and the fact he was asked to drink this little gray who knows what it is and would end out unconscious for five minutes had only further raised her concern.

"H-hold it, five minutes? Are you sure what he is drinking is safe?" Bella asked Goule with understandable concern, but it seemed Lance was committed to it which Bella seemed worried by, but if he seemed sure she'd try to support Lance however she could. Hopefully, Goule stuck true to his word, and if not she had been prepared to defend Lance if need be.

Naturally she hoped it would not have to come to that.

-----------
Soon enough Zack, with his more fitting beach wear and personal bag, had made it to the shores and sure enough it seemed that he was not alone. A couple of students seemed to be playing with a beach ball and it seemed a little group had formed, most notable it seemed that Bob was among the faces in the crowd.

Well well how lucky am I~

"So seems you guys are having fun. Mind if I make space?" Zack asked as he announced his arrival on the beach to the group and set his own towel; he figured most had not known his name, given he had only just returned to Duel Academy but still he had never been shy about these kind of interactions.

Tobias closed his eyes, listening to Jira's exchange with Willow. It is when he was referenced once more did he open his eyes, this time in regards to the costume he had at the festival.

"...I never make something without multiple uses." Tobias spoke. "As far as the location, this I cannot say."

In truth, it was moved over to the meteorite. But he couldn't tell them, right? Eatos would certainly object to that. He was a guardian first, friend second. So in doing such he had to prioritize his duties above all else.

"Heh...your worry yourself too much, Bella." Goule laughed. "Unless he happens to be a cursed vessel than he should be fine. Speaking of...he should drink the substance right when we stand on these points of the symbol together."

Goule wasted no time setting both of his dress shoe clad feet on his point of the star, leaving the one opposite of him for Bella. It appeared he had an enthusiasm for this not dissimilar to that of a fat man told they were going to a buffet. He certainly had nothing more pressing to do.

"Philosophy is something boring old people discuss, or weird Ra Yellows in this case." Maya stuck her tongue out before catching the beach ball and threw it back to Dahlia. "Think fast!" The Obelisk Blue yelled as she launched the ball like it was a volleyball, only for her to lose footing upon landing and falling face first into the water.

Bob had been trying to perform a handstand in the water, keeping his feet above water as he tried to balance himself on the sandy ocean floor. After his body decided to yell at him to get some air, he surfaced with wet hair sticking to his forehead. Wiping it aside, the Ra Yellow looked at Tracy who was standing near him. "Hey Trace, what's up?"

When Zack arrived, Bob clenched his jaw. He was the Slifer that he bumped into and told about the plan to expose Weasel, yet he didn't show up. That was a bad move on Bob's part, as the boy could easily rat them out to Weasel. He had no clue what was going on with that kid, but he'd keep an eye on him. He'd been far too trusting of Slifers lately.

----------------------

"Come on Jira, what use is a second secret base if anyone who asks gets to know about it? Personally, I like that there's a secret base that we can't accidentally reveal the location of." Willow grinned and ruffled Jira's hair before looking at the meteor on the wall. "If I had to hazard a guess, any potential treasures are near similar locations. Gotta say, whoever designed this place has a sense of style. I'd have a similar wall decoration if I could."

When Goule mentioned that it would only be dangerous if Lance was a cursed vessel, the third year Obelisk Blue student paused. Could it be qualified as a curse? He thought for a moment, thinking back to his research and small past inquiries into the occult club. No, he didn't think so. He'd be fine. Lance popped open the vial, waiting for Bella to get into position.

~~~~~~~~

At the ready, Dahlia attempted to catch the ball but ended up knocking the beach ball up into the air instead. Letting out a laugh, Dahlia waded backwards a little bit and jumped, trying to hit the ball back towards Maya. She struck it at an unusual angle, and the ball seemed to wobble in the air. Its trajectory wasn't quite right, and it floated through the air back towards Jacques.

Tracy offered Bob a smile.
"Just making sure you're all right." Tracy said. Hearing a new voice, Tracy looked to the shore and saw a new student arriving to the beach. He was a shorter boy, with dark hair and skin. Tracy waved cheerfully to Zack.
"Sure! Come on in, the water's fine!" Tracy called over to Zack. Turning her attention back to Bob, the Ra Yellow girl noticed his expression harden.
"You... are okay, right?" Tracy asked.

~~~~~~~~~

Jira shrugged.
"Hey, it was just an idea." Jira said with a grin. The Slifer Red boy followed Willow's gaze, looking up at the strange rock embedded in the wall with carvings around it. A strange rock with carvings of energy bursting from it...
"What do you mean? Like, locations around the funky rock?" Jira asked Willow. "What do you think the deal is with that rock anyway? Do you think it means something?"

Bella sighed, it seemed Lance was committed to this as he opened the vial and in spite of the "assurance" she had gotten from Goule, she felt no better about this but she had to least trust in this to a degree as she moved herself in position and gave the signal she was ready to proceed. Bella only hoped this all worked out, no matter what she owed Lance a huge favor for this and she was gonna be sure to repay him however she could, though she had kept her focus on what was to come.

----------
So it seems that Bob had noticed him, but seemed sketchy. Well his personal after class meeting with Weasel likely had meant he missed the big meeting with him, so he figured Bob was being a bit cautious. Or thought he was someone to be worried about, which Zack had no issues with rep wise but he needed Bob to trust him enough so he could slide into his clique much as he had with Weasel's group. "Apologies on missing the after school club meeting, I seemed to have a run in with Weasel which ate up my time." Zack said casually as he began to apply sunscreen to himself, he knew if nothing else that little tidbit would have Bob's attention.

"What kinda hit was that?! Come on girl, work on your aim!" Maya cried out before giving chase, which would be a lot faster if not for the metric tonnes of water she had to wade through.

"I bumped into this kid this morning and told him about our plan, in the hope of getting him on our side." Bob whispered, eyes widening as Zack mentioned running into Weasel along the way. "No, no no no no!" He hissed as he lowered his body into the water, keeping his eyes and nose above water. We're so done! He thought as Blowback Dragon floated over towards him.

"How come your luck is good in duels yet absolute trash outside of them? Want me to keep an eye on them for the rest of the day?" The spirit asked, getting a small nod in return as confirmation. With his goal in mind, Blowback Dragon floated over towards Zack to shadow him.

-------------

"No, like more funky rocks like that. There might be more of them, who knows?" Willow shrugged, unsure what to think of the rock. "I have absolutely zero clues, maybe it is just a funky rock meant to look cool? Tobias, would you happen to know anything about it?"

Jacques continued to wade along, drifting closer and closer toward Bob, Tracy and the new kid -- almost aimlessly so. For once, his mouth even seemed sewn shut.

Without aplomb, the Ra Yellow redirected the errant beach ball hit toward him by the Obelisk girl, Dahlia; his aim precise as he passed it back toward Dahlia, as if saying silently, "try it again!"

Meanwhile, the bulk of his attention remained centered on the increasingly tense Bob; Jacques honestly hadn't known someone could sweat so profusely while swimming in the sea. But there was no doubt about it in the Ra's mind -- his dormmate felt deeply troubled, and it had started when another new face Jacques couldn't place had arrived, intently inserting himself alongside Bob and Tracy.

"No what?" Jacques asked, playing innocent.

"Nothing." Bob's reply was curt, not even looking at Jacques whilst remaining mostly submerged. He had no business with the Ra Yellow and wanted to keep it that way. The less people involved, the less people that could turn on him. Was it a healthy mindset? Far from it. Could he care any less? Probably not. Tracy was the only one who he trusted, with Dahlia dangling behind her due to her initial distrust.

Keeping his eyes locked on Zack, the machine duelist rattled off names of powerful cards he needed. Barrel Dragon, Jinzo, Cyber Dragon, Desperado Barrel Dragon, Solidarity, any other spell or trap that worked with his deck, he was willing to try them all. As long as he could defend himself, no one could hurt him. He was convinced of that. Get a tough wall going and let no one through, that way his life points stayed intact.

"Oh-ho-ho, Mis-ter Bob," Jacques clicked his tongue and chuckled, keeping his voice to a low hum, just above the water, almost like he was trying to pretend to already be in on the secret, "So sto-ic! But we all could feel the wa-ter temp rise sixty de-grees."

A light flickered through his fellow Ra's eyes, a light that Jacques recognized -- the passion of a hundred ideas whirling through the brain, filtered by purpose. Bob - obviously - hadn't been quite right from the moment Jacques had met him. But there was no mistaking it now. At least, the French (Canadian) believed there was no mistaking it now.

"I can help." He offered, whispering, plainly, context and pretense shed in a moment, like their clothes before running into the ocean.

Tracy looked from Bob to Zack, a little confused. Then to Jacques as the french-accented Ra Yellow floated over. It was a little alarming to hear that Zack had a run-in with Weasel. Who knew what that could have entailed. Jacque whispered something that Tracy couldn't quite hear, and began to float away.
"Um... Right." Tracy said. The Ra Yellow girl waded over towards Zack.
"Uh... Hello! I don't think we've met. I'm Tracy." Tracy said to Zack, introducing herself to the Slifer Red student. "I don't think I've seen you around the campus before. Are you new?"

Dahlia retrieved the ball from Jacques, turning and facing her rival. A grin spread across her face.
"Alright, then. You want a real hit? I'll give you a real hit! Maya! Prepare yourself!" Dahlia said, before spiking the beach ball towards Maya as hard as she could.

"Unless you can get me a Jinzo or a card if similar strength, I doubt it." Bob narrowed his eyes, mentally playing out duels that he had played before. His deck was too inconsistent, he needed to get more cards on the field to get Blowback Dragon on the field, and its 2300 attack was not exactly intimidating. Perhaps he could find a Summoned Skull somewhere?

Clenching his fist, Bob felt himself get annoyed at the situation. His deck sucked, to say the least. He needed an archetype or some good support to make it usable. If Tracy could make penguins work, there was no excuse for him to be slacking so much. At this rate, he'd become a Slifer and that was basically death row in the current climate.

"About time you went all out, maybe I can see it in a duel next time?" Maya taunted Dahlia who spiked the beach ball her way. Catching the ball on her forearms, she threw the ball into the air before slamming it back towards Dahlia as if it was a volleyball match.

The endlessly philosophical French (Canadian) Ra grinned, looking his fellow yellow-jacket clean in the eye; and then, maybe to Bob's dismay, Jacques laughed. He kept it quiet, composed in a way he might not initially appear to people he'd just met.

"If the Jin-zo is all you need," He said, swimming in a semi-circle behind Bob and then to the opposite side of where he'd started, "look to my sat-chel on the sand, find my cards in-side. A trus-ty compan-ion I al-ways carry in my main deck! A...gift, to bor-row, to a friend, shall we say?"

His face - the sheepish grin stretched wide across it - could potentially betray an ulterior motive; but in reality, Jacques was giddy that he'd be able to do something of use on a day that started - well - lost in the woods. Jinzo was just a card to Jacques, one that he could survive without.

Bob narrowed his eyes as he raised an eyebrow, this Ra willingly was offering him his Jinzo? Normally, he'd be incredibly excited about it, but times have changed. "That sounds too good to be true, no one just gives away a rare and powerful card. What's the catch?"

Crossing his arms, he waited for a response. Going through possible scenarios, he expected to be caught up in another gang, to be framed for card theft or stuck in an endless loop of favors for this French guy. Something was off here, and it was not his shirt or Jacques accent.

"Heh...then we are all in agreement." Goule cackled as he saw Lance drink the fluid. "Then the preparations are met."

Counting in his head, he tugged on a few wires on his side of the wall, which appeared to have been taped down before. The wires were dragged as it seemed they lead to the blinds on the other side of the room. The blinds shut with a black covering over them, which appeared especially designed to snuff out any ounce of light that attempted to peer through. As the last one went over the door like a curtain, pure and utter darkness swooped over the room, showering it in a transformative absence of color.

"..."

"..."

"By now...The effects of the vial shall have left Lance's body unconscious, making it a perfect vessel for our new guest, shall they accept our greeting. Now, I will recite an incantation of mine, that shall lure a possible guest to our doorstep..."

"..."

"♫ O the maiden and the vine ♫"

"♫ Her favorite place in ye hallowed garden ♫"

"♫ Love so earnest and her heart and far too open♫"

"♫ On that day, in the days of yore ♫"

"♫ True love was dejected ♫"

"♫ Upon her Throat the Vine held Tight ♫"

"..."

"..."

"Now. If our spirit has accepted our call...I invite our honored guest to introduce themselves..."

"...Hm..." Tobias pondered as he took a gander at this 'odd rock'. "This seems to have substantial significance, judging from lines of energy that can be judged from the structure. There could be many of theories, such as an ancient relic, or simply a segment of rare ore. It is difficult to tell without further analysis."

Stepping closer to the object in question, he frowned, crossing his arms at the structure.

"...However, we had no idea to where or when this structure has originated from. If it is in recent time as I suspect, it could be made with the intention of keeping such secrets hidden, displaying something like this as bait. Not dissimilar to how an angler displays a trap for his foe."

"Ehhhh," Jacques scratched innocently at his cheek with his right index finger, "I guess the catch is, ehhh-- is not a gift? Ei-ther, may-be, is just to bor-row for a lit-tle while? Or a trade? No need to trade right a-way, but may-be if I am in need of a strong card down the line, and you have what I need, I can come to you?"

The Ra shrugged, smiled, and then added:

"Be-sides -- I have plen-ty of po-wer-ful cards!"

So not a gift, but still surprisingly normal. Bob didn't trust it. The fact that this random French Ra offers him a Jinzo was incredibly suspicious to him, and he had to get to the bottom of this for his own sanity's sake. "Okay, so why me? Do you just offer powerful cards to any unfortunate fool who asks for one? We've never talked before, what prompted you to offer me that Jinzo to borrow? And what card could you possibly want in return for it? A Blowback Dragon? A Boot-Up Admiral?"

No way was this kid kind-hearted, he just couldn't believe it. Wouldn't believe it. It had to be a trap, and the irony did not fly over Bob's head.

Bob's disbelief was palpable, honest. He'd been through something, that was for sure. And Jinzo, maybe, would be the key to Jacques opening up a treasure chest locked full of secrets. The detective side of Jacques's mind ran wild for a brief moment.

"I like to play trap cards, too," Jaques said, sounding almost joking, though it was true -- trap cards were likely his favorite type of card in duel monsters. And playing Jinzo often meant limiting himself to far fewer than he'd like to play, "Most-ly though, I am a help-er. To give, to me, is far more of a de-light than to take! And there are plenty in this world, who take and only take, you see. I can see your heart, Mr. Bob. It dan-ces 'round the edge of your pu-pils. It's a fire, I think. And so-- I would like to help."

With that, he waved off Bob's other dismissals of aide, replying, "What rare card and when, I do non care. There are thou-sands of rare cards, and a thou-sand ways I might need one or a-nother. Just take the Jin-zo, and duel with your heart, Mr. Bob."

No ulterior motive other than self-fulfillment? This could not be real, and Bob took a step back in distrust. Why did he have to get a Jinzo from this weird French guy? Looking to the left and the right, Bob made eye contact with Jacques and glared, the fire that Jacques seemingly saw around his pupils searing as he spoke up.

"Against my better judgment, I shall take your offer. However, do not give me any reason to think any less of you. Like you said, there's plenty of people out there who only take and take, and I've had enough of those people in my life. Give me any reason to think that you're not as pure-hearted as you present yourself to be, and you get your Jinzo back and our deal's off the table. Got it?" The boy maintained his glare the entire time, hoping that Jacques had a single braincell in his French head that had common sense. He refused to get into any more trouble, and getting a Jinzo would not tear down his walls. If anything, it would give him a stronger one. Combined with the advice that Dahlia gave him on his deck, maybe he could finally win some duels on his own without getting carried.

Against his better judgement, Jacques returned Bob's serious glare with a delighted perking of his eyebrows. Pretending to think the proposition over for a short time, the French (Canadian) Ra dunked his head below the water, circling around Bob once more, this time around in front of him, emerging from the ocean face-to-face with the still-serious Bob.

"Like I said I want to help," He shrugged, "I want to help the good peo-ple...and hurt the bad ones, non?"

Though fully serious, down to his soul, Jacques maintained his overly-joyous - sort of playful - demeanor while facing Bob. Jacques wasn't quite innocent himself, but sometimes maintaining innocence meant the job didn't get done. And he couldn't have that.

Something was off. Jacques wanted to help the good people and hurt the bad ones, yet what evidence did he have that Bob was a good person? "And what made you think that I am a good person, worthy of a Jinzo card? For all you know, I could be an extorting bastard who runs a gang. What evidence do you have? If I were you, I would be more careful when it comes to rare cards like this."

Either Jacques knew something that he didn't, or he was a complete fool. Bob leaned towards the latter conclusion, something felt off about this kid.

"Oh I do non know for cer-tain, Mis-ter Bob," Jacques admitted, "But I have a fee-ling, yes? It's in your eyes, as I said! And how your eyes look at a...cer-tain some-one?"

His eyes turned ever-so-slightly toward Tracy before returning to Bob.

"But oh, the truth is al-ways known. And Jin-zo will be my eyes, as he is on the field of bat-tle. Use him wise-ly, Mis-ter Bob. For good, for bad, is for you to de-cide. And for me to find out."

"Tch, baseless assumptions." Bob rolled his eyes at the words of Jacques. "You're right abouy Tracy though, she's been through quite a lot and I refuse to let anyone hurt her any further. That much I will say."

His eyes softened for a moment as he talked about Tracy before his gaze hardened again.

"Very well, I shall face the consequences that you have planned for either result. Jinzo shall be a valued member of my deck, and I shall do everything within my power to keep it from harm until you want it back."

"A-hah," Jacques laughed, mixing triumph with elation, "If my assump-tions were so base-less, how come ad-mit they were - in part - right?"

Unconcerned with the answer to his rhetorical question, Jacques waved away his own words, adding a heavy "bah" as he did.

"Nev-er-mind, Mis-ter Bob," The Ra boy said, "Of course, we all look af-ter our-selves. But for you to - eh - take a-noth-er's safe-ty u-pon your shoul-ders, on top of your own? I do non think my assump-tions so base-less! A-ha-hah!"

Pushing himself away from Bob and through the water, Jacques swam seamlesy between Tracy and the newcomer - Zach - and back onto the shore. Shaking himself off like some dog caught in the rain, the French (Canadian) Duelist walked over toward his bag and sat down beside it, though not so close that his salt-water-dripping self would damage the contents within.

"Tch." Bob crossed his arms and broke eye contact, looking at the water instead. Jacques was an oddity, he was kind enough to give him a Jinzo, clever enough to attach strings to the card and weird enough to rival both Weasel and Goule. Letting himself fall onto his back, the Ra Yellow allowed his mind to wander to lands with powerful machine monsters, dark conspiracies and weird French kids.

With Jinzo added to his arsenal, his deck exceeded the 40 cards that he wanted to maintain. He needed to heavily rework his deck, no duels were allowed until he did that. Consequences be damned, he needed to be a better duelist before he could achieve his goal of exposing Weasel. But what would he do after exposing that sad excuse for a human? Work up to Obelisk? Graduate? It all felt trivial and unimportant to him now. He'd solely focused on exposing Weasel and the consequences of failing, that he'd never spent a passing thought on the other parts of life. How long had it been since he'd done something because he liked it? When did he last watch a western movie?

Letting out a muffled groan, he dove to the bottom of the beach and propelled himself against it just to do something with his muscles. Perhaps if he was physically tired, his mind would be tired too.

Needless to say this whole thing had been a bit...much, for a new face on campus. If you asked Bella what the odds were of her being part in some ceremony to call spirits to the mortal plain, she would've questioned if someone slipped something in her drink. Speaking of drinks, she watched as Lance took a sip of it while Goule led this rather alarming seance as she watched to see his reaction but could not help but gaze upon Goule as he led his incantation while she tried to see if she could feel the presence that Goule had tried to pull upon this plain.

Lance would slump out, which of course concerned Bella. She swore if this whole thing ended up being a farce or some scheme she would make this kid pay. Though as she checked to make sure Lance was okay, Goule called fourth the spirit that had lingered by Bella as she paused to see if she could feel or sense anything.

Woosh!
Time passed in awkward silence as Bella had been prepared to look to Goule for what to do since it seemed to not work, only for the flap of a black cape to catch her attention as she scanned up and her eyes widened. This, this had to be some dream or something? Maybe Goule slipped something in her while she had not been looking, cause floating just above the table seemed to be something that could not possible be real.

Masked HERO Dusk Crow.​

-----------
Zack seemed amused by the reactions if nothing else, seemed Bob was seeing a ghost and while Zack had no way to know just how accurate he had been it seemed the air had become a touch more tense as more eyes fell upon him. Seemed they were worried about what he knew of them, and how his convo with Weasel went. "Relax, I didn't mention anything about meeting you or the like to him. No need to faint on me here~" Zack mused, but had made it clear he had no spilled his convo with Bob earlier to Weasel.

When Tracy, who this girl with Bob introduced herself as, asked about who he was Zack only seemed to spawn a grin as he moved over by Bob's little group. "Ah, well my name is Zack. And well consider me a returning student. I am a second year back from a suspension and eager to see what's changed around here." Zack explained to Tracy, though had not mentioned yet why he got suspended, preferring to dive into that trip through memory lane when prompted.

"So the rock... is like a booby trap? Or could be one?" Jira asked, moving and trying to look at the rock from another angle. A booby trap, or an ancient relic, or something else of cultural significance? Whatever it was, Jira didn't like the sound of it possibly being a booby trap. It would probably be best to observe it from a distance. Getting out his phone, Jira took a picture of strange carvings.
"I might not know much about this sort of stuff, ruins and history and everything. But other people on the internet might. Maybe we could try to do some research and find some clues about what this place is." Jira asked.

"Maybe we could take a closer look at that rock some time, and figure out if it's trapped. If it's not, we could try to chip off a piece and figure out exactly what it is. Maybe that could give us a better clue?" Jira suggested. "Or is that a no-no in archeology or something?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dahlia knocked the ball up into the air with a grin.
"Ooh, that was a low blow!" Dahlia said, wading forward in the water as the beach ball lazily floated downward. Now closer to Maya, Dahlia splashed some water at the other Obelisk Blue girl before hitting the ball back towards Maya.

Tracy's looks shifted to one of concern when Zack mentioned he had been suspended. Were all the male students here some sort of delinquent? Bob, Weasel, Bix, Braxer, Jacques... there was even that one time Tracy had caught Raikiri doing an Ante Duel. Still, she shouldn't make assumptions. Perhaps there was some other reason that Zack had been suspended.
"Suspension?" Tracy echoed, looking a little nervous. "Uh... why were you suspended?"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Lance was still knocked out.

"...what?"

Tobias grimaced at the mere thought of 'chipping a piece off' for study. He had wondered if Jira was serious for a second, pausing in shock.

"...No. That is simply a no." Tobias said with no sugar coating. "Since you are a friend, I will overlook that slight. You see, an XRD machine, and ones like it can scan and determine the mineral and carbon density...identifying what it is made of. Now unfortunately, I do not have one of such things on hand. But perhaps...photographic evidence should be sufficient for now. I have one I'd like to run it by."

Guardian Eatos, the keeper of the meteorite was one that came to mind. They existed here, Lance acknowledged, so perhaps they have some information about this odd stone...

"To my knowledge, the Romans never gave any specific stone such a prominent place in any building. If it is a booby trap, the rock's too high up to be triggered by pushing it. If anything, it's height makes it prime material for a switch." Willow paced around before grabbing a pebble on the ground. "Whaddaya say? Should I see if it is a switch?" Whilst she was smiling, the Slifer Red kept the potential danger in mind that could unravel. However, Nerokius being added to her roster made her feel bold. A bit too bold, some might say.

-----------

"All's fair in love and war, and this qualifies as the latter." Maya taunted, covering her face as Dahlia splashed water at her, but was hit in the head by the beach ball. "Ohohohoh, you'll pay for that!" The girl laughed before attempting to tackle her rival.

"Oh. Oh, I'm, uh... I'm sorry. I didn't know." Jira said sheepishly. "Hey, at least I asked before just doing it. But I had no idea that there were machines out there that could do stuff like that. That's pretty cool. And you said you knew someone you could run this by? Like, someone on campus?"
Before Jira got to hear his friend's response, Willow spoke up. Jira turned his attention to the Slifer Red girl as she paced around.
"... Prime material for a switch? But you just said it was too tall to be pushed, or to be a booby trap. Do you really think it's a switch?" Jira asked, looking up at the rock once again.

"Hey, who knows? The Colosseum in Rome has a whole mechanism for raising and lowering floors, and a different one to flood the arena for reenacting naval warfares. If this is even remotely based on it, there might be a mechanism hidden around here. Besides, I'd say a decently long stick can reach it. This thing stands out like a sore thumb though, you can't deny that this thing is suspicious. Why else would these cards be right below it?"

Willow let the pebble roll through her fingers, eager to throw it, but waiting for both her friends to agree before doing so. They didn't know what other secrets this place held, after all.

Zack seemed to smirk slightly when Tracy asked why he got suspended, almost as if he took pride in what he was about to say. Which granted, in his mind, it was hard not to feel a little pride in it. "Oh well me and Crowler got into a hissy fit and he did his whole "Worthless Slifer" spiel so it got headed and well..." Zack said, as he paused and seemed to curl up into a light fist as if to give Tracy a visual before he'd complete providng her context.

"...well, he ended up with a broken nose. Hey if I am gonna get in trouble already for doing nothing, might as well have some fun with it and give him a taste." Zack said as he gave his justification, though whether they accepted that or not mattered little to him. If events played out then and he had hindsight, he'd do it again with no hesitation.