• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy RP

"W-well, hold on..." Tracy said, moving quickly to try to keep up with Jacques. "D-don't you think you're being a little harsh? I mean, isn't it normal for people to get in trouble for skipping class? And, uh, I might be wrong, but it sounds like you do that a lot? And then, if you were a professor, wouldn't it seem suspicious if the student that always skipped your class managed to ace your tests anyway? That would mean either that student was just naturally gifted, or was cheating."

Tracy let out a small 'eep!' as continued to try to keep up with Jacques. For all she knew, he could just be cheating. The student had an Obelisk Blue uniform under his Ra Yellow uniform, for Ra's sake! Who did that?
"If the current class you're in right now isn't challenging enough for you, maybe you should try to talking talking to the head Ra dorm professor? They might be able to transfer you to a more advanced class?" Tracy tried to suggest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No!" Rina exclaimed as Gyzarus' whirlwind destroyed The Atmosphere and swept away the Divine Wind of the Mist Valley. The blue canyon and rainbow mist faded away, bringing the duelists back to the gladiator arena. This was not good. Rina gritted her teeth. It was okay. She still had 2000 LP, and her opponent only had 700. It was close, she just had to stay calm and watch for an opening. This duel wasn't over yet!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hm. Unfortunate." Spencer said. "In that case, I'll summon another monster. Meet the Charming Resort Staff, in defense mode!"
Spencer placed another card on his duel disk, what appeared to be a simple waitress in a black apron. She looked around nervously, holding up her plate as a shield in defense mode. Her stats read 200 DEF and 300 ATK.
"Now, SPYRAL Tough! Attack Hiercosphinx!" Spencer ordered. The Charming Resort Staff looked out from behind her platter and began to yell encouragement to the agent. "When an attack is declared involving a SPYRAL Super Agent and an opponent's face-up monster, Charming Resort Staff can change the opponent's monster attack to zero! And, while SPYRAL Tough is on the field, he's treated as SPYRAL Super Agent! So, take that!"

SPYRAL Tough charged towards Hiercosphinx, launching himself into the air with the Last Resort gear and attempted to smash the massive monster.

~~~~~~~~~~

Lance walked with Bella, sitting next to the new student. He seemed very much unaffected by the strangeness of this place or of Goule. He gave Bella a reassuring smile, noting her nervousness. The third year student stayed silent, wanting Bella to explain what was affecting her rather than trying to tell it himself.
"Do you still have tea, Goule? I can put some on while we talk." Lance offered.

Slowing down a little bit, realizing he'd kind of left the poor Ra girl in his dust, Jacques shrugged and relented:

"Per-haps I am too harsh!" Jacques admitted, "But is non like I haven't had these talks be-fore. Is how I - eh - "got pro-mo-ted" as they say. But when I say, is not qua-li-ty of work that in-creases, but the quan-ti-ty, I am talked down to like a child! Some-where in Crow-ler there lurks a de-cent man. But he is too con-cerned with his own fu-ture to con-si-der the stu-dents as indi-vi-duals -- not just per-centa-ges on test scores and du-eling re-cords."

This time, the French (Canadian) Ra managed to keep himself walking at pace with Tracy, his hands whirling in aggrandized motions as he spoke with passion about what he thought were failings of the academic institution they'd all been swallowed up by.

"Though I am far from per-fect!" Jacques clarified, holding up his hands as if he were being arrested, before rummaging in his jacket; it sounded to Tracy like cards getting knocked around as he grabbed for something else, before finally pulling out a pen, notepad and an oversized magnifying glass, "I fan-cy my-self a detec-tive, a-ha! And to help those o-thers who come to me for some help? Why, of course I would - ah - skip a class or two for just that! I think I val-ue that e-ven more than a good du-el!"

And, turning further to Tracy with a serious, dramatic look, Jacques added, "And there is al-most no-thing I hold dear-er than a mag-ni-fi-cent du-el!"

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Tobias's eyes widened as his Sphinx's attack was reduced to zero. Never before had he been pushed to constantly use every weapon in his defensive arsenal, but he had little other choice.

"Your staff have no clue as to the secrets of this canyon...reveal Facedown, magical arm shield!"

Suddenly, two extremities shot out from the Canyon walls. They were dark, mummified arms that went to grip the staff, aiming to drag them in the way of the attack.

"There is a curse on this land. The undead require a sacrifice, and they only take those of impure souls. Now, let us see if your Agent will walk out from killing their own!"

"La la laaaaaa~"

Weasel had his arms out from his body, balancing as he walked atop the guard rails. The little rascal stuck his tongue to the side, seemingly no care in the world despite the stakes of his operation. The world was his oyster you see, and the pearls were his pranks just waiting for a good opportunity to-

*twitch* *twitch*

Weasel's ear began to act up. Turning over to the left, he saw a Ra Yellow with a full course meal on his plate. A full rotisserie chicken, cornbread, peas, macaroni, and even some apple cider to go with it! Weasel grew a sinister smile on his face. Oh this was too good to pass up. Jumping down from his rail, he took a deep breath. He then started to breath harder and harder as he worked up his blood pressure. Then he ran over desperately to the Ra who was about to take a bite.

"WAAAAAAAIT!!" Weasel called out. "Don't eat that!!!!"

The ra jumped in surprise. Weasel had made it up to the student, panting like he had run a marathon. The student look him up and down, not knowing what the fuss was about.

"What?? What's wrong??"

"That food is poisoned! A horrible strain of Ludus virus has contaminated it!"

The Ra seemed very unconvinced, looking at his tasty meal and back to Weasel.

"But, I just got this food. It's can't possibly be poisoned-"

"On the contrary! Watch this!"

Pulling out a syringe that was suspiciously already in his pocket, he held it up, bringing it to the chicken. Extracting some juice from the chicken, he showed it to the boy.

"If I mix this with by special poison anti-toxin and the color doesn't change, that means that it is not toxic, but I'm under most certainty that it is incredibly toxic, observe!"

Taking a small bottle of something called 'Detective grade antixoide', which was cleverly taped over 'red food coloring', Weasel mixed a single drop of it on a bottle cap, pouring the syringe fluid in. That's when the fluid started to turn red. The student suddenly began to get more and more visually disturbed by this.

"Goodness...!! It's worse than I thought!"

"Holy...you weren't just messing around..."

Upon further inspection, a tiny bite had already been taken out of the chicken. Weasel quickly turned to the Ra yellow and gripped him by the collar.

"Have you already taken a bite of this toxic food?!"

"Y-Yeah, yeah I did...!!"

"Then what are you doing here man?! Get to the nurses's office! Now! Now! NOW!!!!"

The boy ran screaming all the way to the nurses's office. All the while Weasel grabbed the dish with a distraught look on his face.

"Not to worry everyone! I'll be isolating this dish in the evidence locker! This prankster...this is getting way out of hand..! Bix! Braxer! With me!"

Running out of there with the dish, this left the other food eaters in the vicinity somewhat confused and others surprised the Weasel was able to stop the poisoned food from infecting anyone else.

After vacating from the area with his two companions, they looked at each other. Suddenly, their faces began to lift and fill up before they burst into laughter. That was too easy!

"Lunch is on me today boys! Hahahaha!!!!"

"Why, certainly." Goule complied, blowing some dust off of the Tea pot in the center of the table.

It did not take long to make the preparations, having all of the materials he needed in order to make it. Seemed like that was one of the few things that were fairly straightforward about the place.

"Ambrosia de paix." He responded as the Tea began to brew. "If the Gypsys taught me anything, it's a good sense of taste. He he he..."

Shortly after it was ready, he brought the pot to the table. Reading the teacups that that were in order, but delicate not to touch two of the other teacups residing on their lonesome near the other edge of the table.

"Now then, shall we get to the heart of the matter?" Goule's jaw cracked as he aligned his words. "Seeking me out is quite a rarity, and if it is Lance's guidance that does so, that means it must truly be something. So please, don't hold a single inkling of a thought back."

Willow pumped her fist as The Atmosphere and the field spell got destroyed by Gyzarus, returning them to the colosseum. Mist Valley Falcon could not do anything to Gyzarus and even if they could, there was no card on the field that they could send back to the hand for it to attack. The risk paid off, Rina had nothing to beat down Gyzarus and she only needed one monster to hit the field as Gyzarus could deal with Falcon and tag out. As much as she wanted Heraklinos on the field, and it was definitely viable to do so with Gyzarus on the field, she just knew that it would get bounced back.

Gyzarus let out a shrill shriek and Willow smirked, this game was hers. Most, if not all of her monsters were capable of taking down Rina's life points after Gyzarus cleared the field, she just needed a decent draw. It didn't even have to be a good draw, just a decent one. "I end my turn on familiar ground. Your turn, though it might be your last." As Willow spoke those words, the Swords of Revealing Light shimmered out of existence, allowing Rina to attack again.

LP: 700
Field: Charcoal Inpachi (def), Gladiator Beast Gyzarus (atk)
Hand: 2
Field: 7

SPYRAL Tough's armored fist smashed into the Charming Resort Staff, and the woman let out a distorted screech before exploding into pixels. Spencer scowled, scratching his head again.
"Well. That was unfortunate." Spencer said. "Once again, your aegis holds up."
The Obelisk Blue looked to the monsters on the field, considering his options for a moment. If he used SPYRAL Tough's effect on Hiercosphinx, it would just be revived next turn with the monster reborn card, back with full attack. If he used it on Sentinel Soldier, it could just special summon itself back with its effect...

"I end my turn." Spencer said. As he did so, the SPYRAL MISSION - Rescue trap card exploded into pixels.

LP: 1900
Hand: 6
Field: SPYRAL Tough (ATK), SPYRAL GEAR - Last Resort (equipped to SPYRAL Tough)
Grave: 4
Banished: 1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I could say the same to you." Rina said, scowling as she drew a card to start her turn. Her Atmosphere, taken out before it even had the chance to attack. But at least those darned Swords of Revealing Light were down. All she needed was one opening, and she could take the victory. She just needed to hold on until a situation presented itself.
"I'll set one monster face-down, and end my turn." Rina said as a set duel monsters card appeared next to Mist Valley Falcon. The monster seemed to mirror Rina's tenseness, watching Gyzarus with defiance and adjusting it's grip on its blade.

LP: 2000
Hand: 3
Field: Mist Valley Falcon (ATK), set monster
Grave: 12
Banished:

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tracy listened to Jacques, nodding along with the Ra Yellow. She wasn't quite sure what to say. She hadn't been at Duel Academy for that long, so she only had his word to go off of. Then Jacques produced a magnifying glass, and Tracy couldn't help but to flinch.
"Detective?!" Tracy said, suddenly recalling everything that had been happening lately with Weasel. The Ra Yellow girl quickly shook it off. No. She could deal with that later, it was rest and relaxation time now.

"W-well, if you're looking for magnificent duels, Duel Academy is probably a great place to be." Tracy said. The pair made it to the Ra Yellow dorm. "I find it kind of fun trying to find what type of duelists our professors were before they came to Duel Academy. A lot of them tended to have pretty fantastic duels."

Tracy broke off from Jacques, heading to her dorm room and getting changed. She came out dressed in a simple gold one-piece swimsuit, wearing black gym shorts and a blue t-shirt over it. Tracy packed a small bag, with a beach towel, a few water bottles and snacks, sunscreen, and sunglasses. The Ra Yellow girl made her way out of her dorm, finding Bob sitting not far from the front of it... playing a card game against himself?
"Hey Bob, I found some others that are going to be joining us for the beach if that's okay." Tracy said.

"May the best duelist win, I draw!" Willow drew a card, nodding. This would work just fine, it would've killed too if she didn't set a monster. Oh well, it could't be helped. "I normal summon Gladiator Beast Dimacari in attack position!" A bipedal Cape buffalo was summoned to the field, wielding brass knuckles and breathing heavily. At 1600 atk, it was nothing special, but it was not brushed aside too easily. "Gyzarus, attack Mist Valley Falcon! Gladiator's Gale!" The fusion monster flapped its enormous wings and sent a twister towards Mist Valley Falcon, hoping to tear it to shreds.

-------------

This was it, the final card. Bob had been on the losing side for the majority of the game, but finally he was ahead of Blowback Dragon. He was about to play his card, when Tracy showed up in a look that she pulled off well, causing him to get distracted. "H-Hey Tracy, nice outfit. I'm fine with more people at the beach, the more the merrier." As the boy recollected himself, he saw Blowback Dragon play a card outside of his turn. "I saw that, cheater!"

"You can't prove jack, I am all out. You lose!" Blowback Dragon laughed as Bob grumbled and gathered all the cards, stashing them away in his backpack.

"So, are you ready to go?"

"Detective?!" Tracy said with a reflexive flinch, quickly shifting topics, "W-well, if you're looking for magnificent duels, Duel Academy is probably a great place to be."

As the pair finally made it to the Ra Yellow dorm, Jacques looked at his new acquaintance, trying not to betray his bubbling suspicions.

"I find it kind of fun trying to find what type of duelists our professors were before they came to Duel Academy. A lot of them tended to have pretty fantastic duels." The Ra girl suddenly broke off from the French (Canadian) detective, who considered for a short moment if he should follow her. But he decided against it, instead returning to his own dorm to change as well -- he could dig for dirt at the beach, and if he needed to go further, then he could investigate a room or two.

Jacques found a goofy pair of swim trunks his mom had packed away for him; not quite the beach type, she'd been adamant he might need them. The swim shorts were salmon color, adorned with swordfish and bubbles. He found a breezy collared t-shirt in his wardrobe as well; it was an ocean-blue color that matched the fish and bubbles on his trunks, with anchors all over the shirt -- except they were the same color as the shirt, so the anchors were incredibly difficult to see. Realizing he needed some sun, Jacques left the shirt unbuttoned, wondering if the choice might be a bit bold. Otherwise satisfied with his fashion choices though, the Ra duelist took a moment to look over his deck and his notebook, scratching his head while thinking about everything that'd been happening at Duel Academy of late.

Then, as he started to gather his essentials in a sand-colored satchel, he heard chatter just down the hall from his dorm room:

"Hey Bob, I found some others that are going to be joining us for the beach if that's okay." Tracy had arrived, and seemed to be speaking to one of the people she'd initially made her beach plans with.

"H-Hey Tracy, nice outfit. I'm fine with more people at the beach, the more the merrier." Bob replied. The French (Canadian) Ra couldn't see this Bob, but he imagined him to be blushing. Then, there was a pause, and Bob's voice turned to frustration as he cried out, "I saw that, cheater!"

After that a quick silence, followed by the sound of cards being gathered up from the floor. Settled down, Bob asked Tracy, "So, are you ready to go?"

Poking his head out of his room, Jacques let out a little wave to Tracy and Bob before emerging from his room and closing the door behind him.

"Ah!" He called out, throwing his arms up into the air with a flare, first addressing the Ra he knew,"'Allo there! Tra-cy you do look love-ly! May-be the beach is where you are meant to be!" Then Jacques turned toward Robert and extended a gracious, greeting hand, "And you must be Ro-ber'! I must thank you for your gra-cious off-er to join you on this gor-geous day, in-deed!"

Tobias was surprised with the lack of any moves against his monsters from that turn. That was unusual. Usually the Spyrals would never give up their relentless assault. But perhaps there was more to it than he was seeing. Drawing his card, monster reborn was added to his hand. He had begun to ask himself weather or not he should use it. After all, the likelihood of running into a reliable future monster was unlikely for this specific circumstance. He needed to keep heirocosphinx in action. So he'd hold on to it for a rainy day.

"Very well, if this is what is delegated, then I shall take the cautious route. Simply switch my Sphinx to defense and end my turn."

He was hesitant to make any false moves. His strongest attack monster was now one foot down, so he had to delay for an effective card to come up.

Last edited:
Bob raised an eyebrow at the new face that showed up. "Robert? There's no Robert here to my knowledge, I've always been Bob. Bob Lerdwich, first year Ra. And who are you, if I may ask?" The Ra Yellow shook Jacques' hand, unsure what to think of this guy. The accent was tolerable to a certain degree, but he was a bit too happy. Maybe he was just suspicious of everyone lately, maybe it was the fact that this guy was French, but he was not completely comfortable with this man.

"Robert? Ooooh, is that your real name? Oh, you gotta tell me more about this Robert, do you know him? Is he handsome? Rich? Powerful?" Blowback Dragon was floating around Bob, taunting him like a high school girl. Bob's eyebrow twitched as he snapped his fingers, shutting Blowback Dragon up after they whispered one last sentence. "Challenge him to a duel for insulting your name."

Like hell he was, his deck was not yet edited. However, Blowback Dragon did bring up a valid point. This was Duel Academy, and he needed to duel more. His last duel was, god, when was it again? The Tag-Team tournament? That was a while ago and his deck still was the same. He needed to improve it and test it, not moving forward is the same as moving backwards. Perhaps he could get Tracy to do a test duel with him? "So, is that everyone?"

--------------

"I'm telling you, Sea Serpents got treated wrong. They have like no valid support outside of Atlanteans and that archetype is not within my possession." Maya was ranting about the injustice that the world had shown to one of her favorite types to Dahlia when the Obelisk Blue dorms came into sight. "Alright, let's get changed then. Meet you outside?" Without waiting for an answer, Maya went inside and got changed in a plain black bikini. Not wanting to get oogled, she put on a blouse that was decorated with a Blue-Eyes White Dragon print. Phantasm Spiral Dragon was very cool, but Blue-Eyes would always be her number one favorite monster. One day she would get Seto Kaiba to sign this thing, but she'd been unlucky so far. Grabbing sun screen, a towel, snacks, some drinks, dry clothes and both of her decks, she put on orange sunglasses, locked her dorm room and waited outside.

I can only imagine why it was rare...

Belle worked to get as comfortable as she could, something complicated by the fact that this Goule seemed determined to make as creepy an atmosphere as he possibly could. The teacups seemed only designed to try and give on the chills, but she worked to keep focus on the task at hand.

This student had been kind enough to take the time of day for her request, so she owed it to him to address him with respect.

"T-thank you, and I suppose my reason for coming here is this well this....presence I've felt since I've arrived on the island. It's hard to put into words but it is like I feel this tremor from my deck, almost like this sensation from time to time. It almost feels like, something is over my shoulder even if nothing is there..." Bella said, as she tried her best to put her situation into words, as she hoped her story sounded not too insane as she considered it herself.

@Shen: King of the Mist

Halfway through Bella's sentence, Goule appeared to know exactly what she was talking about. Folding his fingers together, he nodded his head with her words, seeming to squint a bit. At the end of her sentence, Goule gave a single amused wheeze, shaking his head was a smile.

"How very interesting...one encounter is an oddity, but three within the same week? Now that is a pattern. I wonder what changed to allow this to happen...? Or...who changed...He-He-He."

Looking back up at her, he gave a lopsided snicker. It seemed like he was getting a great deal is satisfaction from this discovery.

"So tell me about this presence. Have you heard sounds? Seen things? Smelt things?"

The whirlwinds whipped up by the massive Gladiator Beast were took much for the Mist Vally Falcon to stand, and the winged beast let out a shriek as it exploded into pixels. Rina's Life Points fell once again, dropping to 1600. She scowled. This was really not looking good for her, but as long as she had life points, she was still in the game.

LP: 1600
Field: set monster
Grave: 13
Banished: 3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well then, I draw." Spencer said. The Obelisk Blue student looked through his hand once again, nodding. "Well, you've probably figured out what happens by now. Same thing as before. SPYRAL Super Agent's effect! I declare Spell Card!"
Spencer gestured to Tobais' duel disk, waiting to see the results of his reconnaissance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tracy smiled as Bob complimented her outfit, but her expression quickly turned to one of wide-eyed shock as a card seemed to move by itself. Oh. Right. Blowback Dragon. It was still incredibly surprising to see, however. Bob put away the cards, but before Tracy could answer Jacques showed up. He complemented Tracy as well, and introduced himself to Bob.

"Th-thanks, you guys. Oh, uh, this is Jacques." Tracy said, gesturing to the other Ra Yellow student. "There's still a few others coming. I managed to convince Dahlia, and her friend Maya is coming as well."
Bob's outfit was a fitting choice for where they were, bright blue swim trunks and a Hawaiian shirt. Very fitting for a tropical island like the Duel Academy. Meanwhile, Jacque's outfit seemed to be just as flamboyant.
"They should be here in just a few minutes." Tracy said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sure thing." Dahlia said, heading to her room to change. Dahlia made a quick change, and in the privacy of her room she could feel her thoughts stir up again. The idea that Duel Monsters could be real, even just as ghosts... What did it mean? How were the others so calm about it? Well... Goule was already a strange one. Bob had seemed pretty freaked out about it, but Tracy had still stayed relatively calm. Dahlia changed into her swimsuit, a navy blue bikini, and threw on a normal t-shirt and shorts. She packed her bag, putting on an Obelisk the Tormentor baseball hat, and made her way out of her room. She paused at the door, looking back to her desk and her deck. If those legends about the planets really were true...

Dahlia shook her head. She was overthinking it. Even if they were true, what were the odds that all of them would show up here? Sure, she already had three of them, but that left seven other rare cards. Even on an island of duelists, she doubted that all ten would make their way here at the same time.

Dahlia exited the girl's dorm, nodding at Maya.
"Alright, let's go!" Dahlia said, making her way down the trail to the Ra Yellow dorm.

Willow grinned, this was coming down to the wire and she revelled in it. The adrenaline with each card drawn, the fire in each attack, she loved it. If she could forever live in this moment, she would do everything within her power to do so. She was guaranteed of two new monsters on the field, so technically she could go into Heraklinos next round. It was a risky move though, as monster effects woukd cripple the king of the gladiators. "Gladiator Beast Dimacari, attack that face down! Buffalo Bash!" Dimacari huffed before charging at the face-down card, hoping to destroy it in one fell swoop.

Field: Charcoal Inpachi (def), Gladiator Beast Dimacari (atk), Gladiator Beast Gyzarus (atk)
Grave: 7

------------

"Jacques, huh? I'll remember that. I don't recall Dahlia ever mentioning this Maya though, any idea what she's like?" Bob asked Tracy, tapping his chin as he observed the two Ra Yellow students. Whilst Tracy looked stunning, honestly, this girl managed to pull off way more outfuts than he could imagine, Jacques was more mellow with his clothes. He had to admit, the French kid had style.

Blowback Dragon floated over towards Tracy and looked her in the eyes. Ignoring that they actually didn't have eyes and the fact that Tracy was basically held at gun point, Blowback Dragon seemed to fully take her appearance in. "I'm no human and the whole concept of attraction is arbitrary to me, but humans find this gold thing pretty? It looks like a headache to me, but hey. Who am I to judge? Aren't I right, Trace?" Attempting to offer a fist bump with their foot and failing miserably, the duel spirit had an idea. "Y'know what? I think I'll hang out with Goldilocks over here, maybe she'll see me one day. Glad to see you approve." Bob didn't approve of anything, but he knew better than to argue with invisible spirits.

--------------

As Dahlia exited her dorm, Maya whistled at her. "Looking good girl, where'd you get that cap? I'd love one myself." Complimenting her friend on her choice of headwear, she followed Dahlia to the Ra Yellow dorm. "So, this Tracy, are you two friends? How did you meet each other?" She asked in an attempt to fill up the silence she never seemed to let hang around for too long.

"Ah, ah, ah." Spencer said, shaking his finger at Tobias. "You're getting ahead of yourself, pal. This is SPYRAL Super Agent, not Tough. SPYRAL Super Agent allows me to Special Summon himself if I get it right. So here he comes to the field!"
Once again a helicopter passed overhead, and the brown suited agent landed next to SPYRAL Tough before adjusting his hair and smirking at Tobias. He stood in an attack stance, his stats read 1900 ATK and 1200 DEF.

"Next, I'll summon the monster Tactical Espionage Expert!" Spencer declared. Suddenly emerging from behind a rock, a man in a purple jumpsuit, black ammo vest, and brown hair kept out of his eyes by a bandana appeared. He pointed what appeared to be a red laser gun with a yellow attachment on the front at Hiercosphinx and Sentry Soldier of Stone, his stats reading 1300 ATK and 1200 DEF.

"Now, I'll use SPYRAL Tough's effect. And since we both know the top card of your deck is a spell card, I'll select your Sentry Soldier of Stone for destruction! Go, SPYRAL Tough!" Spencer commanded. The blue suited spy took out a device from his jacket once again, shooting a green energy beam at the Sentry Soldier of Stone in an attempt to use its effect destroy it.

LP: 1900
Hand: 6
Field: SPYRAL Super Agent (ATK), SPYRAL Tough (ATK), SPYRAL GEAR - Last Resort (equipped to SPYRAL Tough), Tactical Espionage Expert (ATK)
Grave: 4
Banished: 1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rina's face down card flipped up to reveal a massive blue bird, which attempted to scratch at the charging Gladiator Beast only to be destroyed. The Obelisk Blue girl shielded herself as the monster exploded into pixels. She had survived another round, but now was wide open. Not to mention, now the Slifer could tag out to a different Gladiator Beast monster. Now what was she looking at?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dahlia snapped out of her funk once again, grinning an tipping up her hat as she made her way down the trail.
"Thanks. I got it at a tournament." Dahlia said. She adjusted her pack as the pair made their way down the trail.
"Yeah, we've known each other since we were little." Dahlia said. "Our parents were close friends, so we saw each other a lot. We even went to the same school, and had a lot of the same classes together. We've known each other for a while, and she's like a little sister to me."

Tobias closed his eyes, having no other choice but to stomach the sentry soldier's inevitable demise. The sounds of rocks being blown apart rocked the playing field. Upon opening his eyes, there was no trace the sentry had even existed.

"...Do your worst. We shall take whatever you have."

Tobias:
4000 LP
Cards in hand: 1
Field: Hierocosphinx (defense position)

Spencer grinned as the rock monster was destroyed.
"Well, well, is that a tone of defeat in your voice? It suits you." Spencer said. He gestured to his monsters. "Tactical Espionage Expert, take out that Hierocosphinx."
The spy nodded, before seemingly disappearing out of thin air. The Tactical Espionage Expert suddenly appeared next to the massive sphinx, firing silenced shots from his pistol at the massive monster. With any luck, this turn Spencer would finally be punching a hole in this aegis.

"Your field is wide open, is this Obelisk going to lose to a mere Slifer?" Willow mocked Rina before looking at the field. "I activate the effect of Gladiator Beast Gyzarus! When Gyzarus battles and stays on the field, I can send it back to the extra deck to special summon two Gladiator Beast monsters from my deck save from Gladiator Beast Bestiari. I choose Gladiator Beast Equeste and Gladiator Beast Darius!" Gyzarus flew back into Willow's extra deck, quickly being replaced by a winged centaur and a bipedal horse. "That's not all, I also activate Dimacari's effect to tag it out with Gladiator Beast Alexander!" The cape buffalo ran back into the deck, being chased by a bipedal lion in heavy armor. 2400 atk was nothing to sneeze at, after all. "I also activate the effects of Equeste and Darius. When Equeste is special summoned by a Gladiator Beast monster, it can add a Gladiator Beast card from my grave to my hand. I choose Gladiator Beast's Battle Manica!" The equip spell card was spat out from the graveyard and was added back to her hand. "When Darius hits the field by the effect of a Gladiator Beast, it can special summon a Gladiator Beast monster from the graveyard, although its effects are negated and it goes back to the deck when Darius leaves the field."

Five monsters were on the field, but Willow was not satisfied. She looked at her extra deck, contemplating something. She could hear the crowd roar in her mind, the opportunity was there, she could use its effect what was Rina going to do? Even if it went wrong, she still had a good wall. Blood roaring through her ears and clenching her teeth, the Slifer Red raised a fist into the sky. "Screw it! I can't resist the temptation! Laquari, Darius, Equeste! Return to the save haven of my deck, for your master shall appear!" The three monsters disappeared in a ray of light, leaving Charcoal Inpachi and Alexander on the field. Grinning at Rina, Willow grabbed a card from her extra deck. "Although not as versatile as Gyzarus, this monster is not to be trifled with. Master of the Colosseum, heed my cry and bring me victory in this fight! I contact fusion summon Gladiator Beast Heraklinos!" The field was covered in a bright ray of light as stomping was heard. Something big had arrived. When the light died down, Gladiator Beast Heraklinos roared at the sky and the stands with all of its might. The strongest monster in Willow's deck, a chimera of monsters and a game-ender capable of matching the legendary Blue-Eyes White Dragon! "I end my turn." Willow said, satisfied with her result.

Field: Gladiator Beast Alexander (atk), Charcoal Inpachi (def) Gladiator Beast Heraklinos (atk)
Grave: 5

----------

Maya couldn't help from grinning as Dahlia explained her relationship with Tracy. A sibling-like bond, how touching. "Big sis Dahlia, huh? If she's anything like you, maybe I should challenge her to a duel one day? I think it could be fun, find out what the Ra's these days are made of."

Rina watched in awe as Heraklinos entered the field, towering over the Obelisk Blue duelist. This wasn't looking well. Rina wasn't sure if there was a card in her deck that could get her a win on this duel, but she wasn't about to go down without a fight. Her opponent's words stung, and she wasn't going to just let her get away with that. This was it. The final draw. It was now, or never.

"I draw." Rina said, glancing to her card. The Obelisk Blue girl scowled.
"I summon Mist Valley Falcon, in attack mode!" Rina said, summoning the white haired winged beast woman once again. "And, I set one card face down. That's it."

LP: 1600
Field: Mist Valley Falcon (ATK), set spell/trap
Grave: 12
Banished: 3

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dahlia shrugged.
"Maybe one day. I don't know if anytime soon, though. Tracy's been... having a bit of trouble, here. She was forced to switch decks recently, and even then before that she was still having trouble. I'm hoping we could get together soon and try to strengthen her up a little bit." Dahlia explained. She couldn't help but to clench her fist as she thought about those raiders, who had stolen Tracy's own deck. How could they do that? How could Tracy not tell her? Dahlia let out a breath. There was nothing she could do about that now. Nothing, except hope those raiders showed their faces again so she could beat the crap out of them and make them give back Tracy's deck.

Dahlia looked back to Maya.
"What about you? You have any close friends here at Duel Academy?" Dahlia asked Maya.

Willow grinned, this. Was. It. "You fought a valiant battle, Obelisk. However, wrongdoers have no place in this place of battle. Be thankful these are holograms, for you would not walk out of here alive if these monsters were real. Don't even bother with your trap card, as Heraklinos can negate its activation by discarding one card in my hand. Say your prayers! Gladiator Beast Alexander! Attack Mist Valley Falcon! Great Slash!" The lion roared before leaping towards the woman and slashing at her with its claws. Mist Valley Falcon tried to fight back, but her sword broke on the armor as she exploded into pixels. That was 400 damage to Rina's life points, and all of this was accomplished by the sacrifice of Test Ape. Reckless plays had their moments to shine, after all. It was a clear sign of her Slifer mentality, but this time her reckless actions worked for the better. "Gladiator Beast Heraklinos! Sing a requiem for this fallen excuse of a duelist! Chimera Cut!" Heraklinos snorted, puffs of exhaled air visible in front of its nostrils as it stomped closer to Rina, raising its halberd up before bringing it down. In one fell swoop, it was over. Rina simply could not withstand the 300 attack from Heraklinos and her trap could not save her.

"A tragic day for Obelisk Blue, 1-0 for us. The penguins were more of a threat than you were." Willow insulted as she deactivated her duel disk and added all the cards to her deck again. It was a bad habit to trash talk, but it felt justified this time around. Now it was all up to Tobias to win his match, but it was far from decided. Should he lose, she was willing to tag in. This place just felt right to duel in.

-------------

"Forced to switch decks huh?" Maya didn't know what Dahlia was talking about, but she knew better than to push her to talk. "Maybe I can convince her to try my Daedalus deck somehow, but I am not going to force her to do anything. I wouldn't dare to do anything to your little sister." The Obelisk grinned at Dahlia as she was about to throw her hands behind her head, only for her to awkwardly scratch her cheek when Dahlia asked her about her friends.

"Eheheheh, would you believe me if I said no? It's mostly one-time duelists and they then avoid talking to me. Maybe I'm a bit unsettling, maybe I'm weird, maybe they're sore losers, I have no idea. You're really the only person who stuck around after declaring you my rival, people don't seem to like it when I do that."

Tobias was helpless as he watched the Sphinx get destroyed, leaving his field entirely empty. He had no words to say. What words would he say? Looking down a few degrees, his eyes were shaded by the sandstorm, unable to read exactly what he was thinking.

"..."

The agents were now ahead of him, each nearly 2000 in attack. It would appear his defenses had fallen.

"What, no witty quip? No ambiguous prophecy? No threatening metaphor?" Spencer mocked with a grin. He seemed to be fully focused on the duel at hand, but the sound of Rina's defeat still caught his attention. He glanced over for a moment before turning his attention back to Tobias.
"Well, it looks like I'll be going up against the kitty after all." Spencer said. "Let's finish this up quickly, huh? SPYRAL Tough, SPYRAL Super Agent. Show this Ra his place!" Spencer said. The two agents nodded, charging at Tobias. Tough struck at Tobias with a punch from within his mech suit, and Super Agent aimed a powerful kick at Tobias' side. Spencer ran a hand through his hair.

"And with that, I end my turn. I have no doubt you are going to be able to throw up yet another defense this turn. But let me tell you something else. That SPYRAL GEAR - Last Resort SPYRAL Tough is wearing, it has another effect besides protecting him. It also allows SPYRAL Tough, once per turn, to attack you directly. So even if you are able to whip out that Hierocosphinx with that Monster Reborn card you have in your hand, it won't be any use." Spencer said with a wicked grin. "You should just give up now, and spare us all the trouble, huh?"

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Really?" Dahlia asked as the pair walked. She couldn't help but to smile at Maya's comment of Dahlia's 'little sister'. On Maya's mentioning of how people reacted to her declaration of a rivaly, Dahlia shook her head. "I swear, the coolness of having a rival is just lost on people. It's their loss."

It was about then that the pair made it back to the Ra Yellow dorm. Already outside was Jacques, Bob, and Tracy, waiting for them.

With a blow to the gut and a decisive kick to the side, Tobias was sent backwards, the sound of his lifepoints to ticking away drowning out his grunts of taking the blows.

Tobias's life points: 200

The game had radically shifted. Tobias now was teetering over the edge of defeat. Despite this, Tobias stood tall, his silhouette still seen in the sand clouds he had been enveloped in.

"I have no need..."

Tobias spoke. Walking forward with his new draw card. Even though he had but 200 lifepoints remaining and a third of the cards in his hand than his foe, he appeared to have something up his sleeve.

"After all...you have already lost."

Placing a card down, monster reborn, he let the spell card materialize on the field. Soon enough, a rumbling began to emerge from the ground.

"Monster reborn shall revive Guardian Sphinx...in attack mode."

And so it was, Guardian Sphinx took to the field, reappearing in it's titanic state.

Guardian Sphinx: 1700 ATK, 2400 DEF

"And due to their being another rock type monster, Sentry Soldier shall come back to the field as well...in attack position."

Reappearing on the field as well whilst Tobias held one last card in his hand, a single amber eye began to become visible as the sun began to set on the Canyon, the sandstorm getting rougher and rougher.

"These monsters all have inferior attacks to your monsters. This is true. However, i am an archaeologist. I protect artifacts and ensure their safety. I defend. And too, In that spirit...I play this card!"

Switch attack and defense appeared on the battlefield, glowing as the energies had begun to envelop all monsters in the field.

"This card brings the true inner self of your monsters to life. Those with true spirit shall notice a substantial bonus, those without however...shall find their true spirit to be far more hideous than imagined."

The Guardian Sphinx and the Sentry Soldier were now bathed in golden light, having been now colored silver and glistening in the desert sun, compared to the other side of the field, which had gotten weaker and more grotesque due to their weakened state.

Guardian Sphinx: 2400 ATK, 1700 DEF
Sentry Soldier of Stone: 2000 ATK, 1300 DEF

VS

SPYRAL tough- 1200 ATK, 1900 DEF
SPYRAL super agent- 1200 ATK, 1900 DEF
Tactical Espionage Expert: 1200 ATK, 1300 DEF.

"Now...let's let the inner souls of our monsters find out who's will is superior! Sphinx! Sentry! Attack the Agents!"

They released a pulse of white light, bathing the enemy's side of the field. The sand was turned to glass in the wake of the attack, the two Spyral agents were getting ready to take the brunt of the attack!

Willow snarled as Spencer referred to her as 'kitty', crossing her arms. "Call me kitty again and I'll give you a grim reminder that house cats can and have eradicated entire populations of animals for the fun of it." She didn't regret her choice of cosplay, only the fact that she believed other students had a shred of decency in their body. As much as she disliked it, this Obelisk was actually putting up a good fight and brought Tobias down to 200 LP.

Stalwart as a rock though, Tobias managed to quite literally flip the tables with a combination of Monster Reborn and Shield and Sword. If the attack would go through, Tobias would inflict 2000 damage which was a nasty amount. "Come on Tobias, beat this fiend into the ground!"

---------

"I know, right? Having a rival pushes both you and your rival to greater heights, and isn't that why we are here? To become the best duelists we can be?" Maya exclaimed, happy to find a like-minded individual.

When they arrived at the Ra dorm, Maya waved her hand enthousiastically. "Heyo! We're here!"

Noticing the approaching Obelisk girls, Jacques let out a small wave of his own. He'd grown uncharacteristically quiet for a bit, looking as if he'd been focusing quite hard on something. Of course, for Tracy and Bob, it'd be hard to tell what, exactly, was going through the French (Canadian) Ra's head. They'd just met him after all. Jacques just couldn't help but feel there was something fishy about the group -- like it was fate that he'd run into them how he did, weird as it was.

"'Allo!" Jacques greeted Dahlia and Maya back, though he seemed to lack some of his earlier enthusiasm, which he'd managed to keep up in spite of waking mysteriously in the middle of the woods, "Look at you two! Sim-ple yet e-le-gant! We've quite the char-ming crew here with us, no?"

Rina watched, dejected, as her Life Points were reduced to zero by the massive Gladiator Beast monster. She couldn't help but to stomp her foot angrily. How could it come to this? Being beaten by a Slifer?! She turned to see how Spencer was doing, only to watch as her friend's Life Points were depleted as well. Spencer's confident grin turned sour as Tobias quickly turned the tables.
"You... you... you..!" The Obelisk Blue spluttered.

Not too far off, Jira was dueling the last Obelisk Blue student. It was an intense match, but one not faring well for Jira. In the beginning, his opponent had seemed distracted. It had appeared Pierce was more interested in watching how his friends were dueling rather than dueling Jira. That changed when Jira was able to land a blow, knocking down Pierce's Life Points to 3000. After that, the Obelisk Blue began to pay more attention to his match. Even so, he would still take pauses to watch Spencer's and Rina's duels.

Jira gritted his teeth. He had only 600 Life Points left, while his opponent still had 3000. Not to mention, his opponent had him locked down pretty hard.

Pierce sighed at his friend's defeats. The Obelisk Blue took a moment to look over the field, then pressed a button on his duel disk. The holograms shimmered for a moment before blinking out completely.
"Oh no, it appears that my duel disk has malfunctioned. It looks like you win this time." Pierce said in a monotone voice, shrugging before making his way over to his friends.

"You think this is the end? Huh? It's just a stinking duel! It'll take more than that to knock me down! I'll- awk!" Spencer gagged as the larger Obelisk Blue student grabbed him by the collar and began to drag him towards Rina.
"You okay?" Pierce asked Rina. The Obelisk Blue girl crossed her arms before looking away, pouting. "C'mon, let's go get some ice cream."
The larger, mud-covered Obelisk Blue proceeded to drag Spencer, still ranting and raving, out of the arena as Rina walked with him. Jira let out a breath. It looks like all of them had managed to squeak by. Some better than others. Jira made his way over to Willow and Tobias.

"Whew. That was... intense." Jira said. "Good job. Are you guys okay?"

~~~~~~~~~~

Tracy did not notice Blowback Dragon's presence, taking a moment to think about Bob's question.
"Um... to be honest, I'm not too sure. I haven't met her before today. She seems, uh... nice? She can't be too bad if Dahlia is friends with her." Tracy said. Almost as if on que, the two Obelisk girls arrived. Tracy gave the two other girls a nervous smile and small wave. Dahlia adjusted her hat, nodding at Jacques.
"Thanks. You all aren't looking that bad yourselves." Dahlia said. "Now, let's get to that beach, huh?"
Tracy nodded.
"Right. Let's go." Tracy said, and the girl began to make her way down a nearby trail towards the sounds of surf.

Willow looked at the retreating forms of the Obelisk students, crossing her arms and smirking as the three left the colosseum. It seemed that all three of them won against the Obelisks, and she couldn't be prouder if she tried. Whilst it sucked that the teachers could not punish them without also punishing her and her friends, the Slifer took solace in the fact that their goal was reached. They found the colosseum and protected it from vandals, something ancient Rome couldn't say. Turning to her friends, Willow rolled her shoulders and cracked her neck as she turned to face Tobias and Jira. "Never better. Had a bit of trouble with getting monsters to tag out, but it was all but over once the ball started rolling. Nice comeback Tobias, remind me to never talk trash about slow decks again."

Stretching her arms, the Gladiator Beast duelist looked around the area. "With that behind us, shall we explore this place a bit? We're already here, after all."

----------------------

"Thank you, that's very kind of you!" Maya smiled at Jacques, still trying to play it safe in case this Ra had taken illegal substances. It didn't look like he did, but it never hurt to play it safe. "My name is Maya Garcia, thank you for inviting us." Introducing herself to the other people, she followed Tracy and decided to initiate conversation with 'Dahlia's little sister'. There was no real reason for it, but there was also no real reason to not talk to the girl. "Dahlia told me that you had to switch decks, may I ask what you're playing?"

Bob stayed in the back of the group, keeping everyone in his sight, especially Blowback Dragon. He had no clue if the spirit would do anything, but being careful never hurt anyone.

Having built up some unbridled energy since waking up without a clue as to what was going on that morning, Jacques and his bamboo-like legs strode out ahead of the group, his open shirt flapping behind him slightly in the breeze. Even his satchel was pushed back by the force of his brisk pace, the tan bag thumping against his right hip as he moved toward the beach. He'd lived for two school years at Duel Academy, and he'd never spent more than a passing moment on its beaches; a shame, for someone so obsessed with enjoying life and nature -- he'd certainly hunkered down and been quite business-oriented at school...even if it wasn't the business the school wanted him to focus on.

On the way there, Jacques made constant, zig-zagging movements; jumping on top of a big rock, or walking along a small tree fallen down along the trail, even swinging from low-hanging tree branches. Finally, as he tried to swing all the way around one of the branches, it snapped - as he'd miscalculated quite how strong it was - sending the French (Canadian) Ra plummeting a few feet flat onto his back with a thunderous crash.

Still wordless, Jacques lie there for just a moment. Then, he pulled his weight back and jumped onto his feet in a swift motion, stopped to analyze what had gone wrong with his failed feat of acrobatics, and continued along the trail until it started to turn to sand, and he could see the water lapping against the shore.

"..."

Tobias stood as his foes had begun to gather up whatever grit they had left and booked it. Standing there as the holograms disappeared into glimmers of light, he located his allies. It appeared that they too had finished their duels.

"I am in a stable state." Tobias affirmed, paying no mind to Willow's compliments. "I only did what must be done. As I'm sure you would have in the same position."

He was never one to talk himself up. Simply an envoy of eternity's preservation, as little his role may be in it. But nevertheless, the day was victorious, and that is something he wasn't going to waste.

"I agree. Let us see what spoils await us within this structure, let us be going!"

"Oh!" Tracy said as Maya caught up with her. She still wasn't quite sure how to act around the tough-looking Obelisk Blue. The Ra Yellow girl scratched her cheek and glanced away nervously at the question. It was a simple one, but Tracy still felt a little sheepish about it. "Umm... Well..."

Tracy watched as Jacques jumped around the trail, swinging on branches and jumping off rocks, and winced as the French Canadian came crashing to the ground when one of the branches snapped. Her concern was quickly quelled as she watched Jacques jump right back up and carry on.
"Well, right now, um... I'm playing... Penguins..." Tracy said, mentally bracing herself for the teasing that was undoubtable coming her way.

"Ouch! Take care of yourself, Jacques! It would suck for you to break something right before reaching the ocean!" Maya yelled out as the Ra Yellow fell out of a tree, something that would've been avoided if he just walked like the rest of them.

Looking back at Tracy, Maya noticed that the girl seemed nervous about something. That 'something' was quickly revealed as she mentioned that she used Penguins. It was far from a popular series, and only Penguin Soldier was a good card among them if she recalled correctly. Normally she would tease the girl for being awkward, but even she knew that it would be in bad taste.

"Penguins huh? I'm impressed, not many people would go for series over archetypes. You must be pretty confident in yourself to play them, would you mind if I took a look at them one day? I'll let you look at my Water deck in return, maybe you see a couple of interesting cards in there?" In an attempt to reassure Tracy, the Obelisk girl smiled and placed a hand on her shoulder. After all, who said that she couldn't have two sisters?

"Look at that, Trace! Got yourself another Obelisk friend, lucky girl." Blowback Dragon said, knowing full well that she probably couldn't hear them.

Bella seemed to sweat drop a bit when the guy had began to laugh after she explained the sensations she had felt while on campus. She was not sure whether he had found the reason for her problem or seemed to almost find her situation amusing. And she'd rather not consider the former so she listened on to what else he had to say.

It seemed rather than an answer, she had gotten another question as a response.

"Uh well I haven't heard, seen or...smelt anything, personally. It more feels like a sensation than anything, the hairs seemed to stand on my next as of something had been watching over me. Only for nothing to be there when I looked..." Bella confessed, and she wished she was more helpful in this regard.

@Shen: King of the Mist

----------
Crap.

Crap.

Huh, that one is decent.

Eh, could do worse.

Crap.

Oooh~
Zack milled through the pack he had gotten, and much like all packs it was a mixed bag. Most of the cards really didn't compliment his deck, or sell for much in general. However, there seemed to be least one card he took a liking to and quickly slipped it into a side deck while he stuffed the rest in his pocket as he moved out of the card shop.

With the matter of a fine tune to his deck settled, Zack decided to go seek out this Bob guy. He did need a duel to work off the rust, and besides he had planned to meet up with Bob after their earlier convo already so it aimed to fill both his "tasks" without the other side being away.

Needless to say this stay on campus had been enjoyable compared to the last~

Goule raised a bony finger, seeming to connect some dots given by Bella's statement.

"Ah, so that's how it is. Well, to determine weather or not you are actually being visited by a spirit, it's the same method as actually as conversing with them. However...this method will be quite different from the others with this issue. You see, they knew a brief form to which they expected...you do not. So, in order to preform this seance, we need a stronger connection...a living host to receive the spirit...as temporary as this may be. Judging by the amount of souls in this room, this leaves but one option..."

Goule turned to Lance, implying that he should be the host for the spirit. Taking select vials from the interior of his vest, he gave a snicker.

"What do you say, Lance? Mind if we borrow your body from here to the next hour?"

Willow seemed pumped up and excited as always, and Tobias was stoic as ever. He sounded more excited to explore the arena rather than having managed to defeat an Obelisk student, but honestly that was pretty in character for the Ra Yellow. Jira slowly felt anxiety and focus from his own duel leaving his body as he began to relax, and offered his friends a toothy grin. They had done it!
"Alright, you nerds. Let's-" Jira paused as he felt the arena ground begin to tremble. A low rumbling sound could be heard, as well as the grinding of stone against stone.

On the east wall, underneath the chunk of meteorite, three small slabs of stone began to rise from the ground, stopping at about 4 feet high. Embedded on the top of each slab was... Jira had to do a double take... a Duel Monster card? The one on the left, closest to where Willow dueled, was a Fusion monster. It depicted a massive bat-like warrior adorned in purple armor, arms crossed with massive wings sprouting from its back. Gladiator Beast Nerokius. The middle one, closest to where Tobias had dueled, was a monster card. It depicted a regal, golden sphinx with red and gold wings. Pharaonic Guardian Sphinx. And the one on the right, closest to Jira, was a monster card. It depicted a massive monster made of molten lava, with a silhouette of a man locked in a cage chained to the monster's neck. Lava Golem.

"Whoa..." Jira said. The Slifer Red approached the slab of stone, inspecting the monster card carefully but being sure not to touch it. He looked back to the others.
"Did you guys touch a switch or something?" Jira asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To Tracy's surprise, instead of a teasing comment or playful punch, the Obelisk Blue girl put her arm on Tracy's shoulder and complimented her. Tracy blinked, taking a moment to process what Maya had said before relaxing.
"Th-thanks." Tracy said. "I think that'd be great! I haven't really used a water deck before, so there's probably a lot of things that could be better."
The Ra Yellow girl glanced over to Maya.
"S-so, you said you use a water deck too? Anything specific?" Tracy asked.

Meanwhile, Dahlia hung back and fell in next to Bob. The Obelisk Blue student lowered her hat, crossing her arms as she walked with him. She stayed silent for a few moments, before she spoke.
"... I don't know what all is going on. With you, with Tracy, with... whatever it was that happened back on that wall. I don't know if what you said was true, or not. But Tracy seems to believe you. So for now, I guess I'll believe you too." Dahlia said to Bob quietly. "But if I figure out that you were just tricking Tracy, or you hurt her... I'll kick your ass all the way back to the mainland."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Lance sipped his tea, staying quiet and listening along to the conversation with interest. When Goule asked if they could borrow his body, the third year student raised an eyebrow. Was that a good idea? Lance placed his cup of tea into the saucer and thought for a moment. He had an idea of what sort of spirit could be around Bella. And if this worked, a possession... well, that certainly would be a new experience.

Lance looked to Bella, then back to Goule.
"Well, I've got nothing else to do for a little bit." Lance said calmly, adjusting his glasses. "Why not. Assuming Bella is okay with this..."

Last edited:
"Woah...". Willow looked at the slabs of stone that revealed themselves, walking over to the slab that held Nerokius. "I didn't press anything, though that rock did draw my attention before. Maybe it activated because of shockwaves of the duels?" Reading the text on all three cards, the Slifer Red raised her eyebrows. "These are powerful cards, what are they doing here of all places? Someone must've put them here on purpose, they even fit all three of our decks!" It was intruiging, to say the least. Grabbing Gladiator Beast Nerokius, the girl faced Jira. "I assume Nerokius is meant for me, Pharaonic Guardian Sphinx is for Tobias and Lava Golem is for you? It does fit your Kajius with the whole tributing monsters of your opponent, after all."

-------------

"I use a Phantasm Spiral deck, though I think you can use my new deck as a better reference. It is a Levia-Dragon Daedalus deck, though I have yet to test it in a duel. Here, look." Maya used her free hand to grab her Daedalus deck and offered it to Tracy. "Water decks have the possibility to be in control through the entire match like the ocean or be as oppressive as a waterfall, my personal preference is the latter. It might not be your style, but it should explain some of the cards in it. Feel free to ask any questions, I'm always happy to help."

Bob looked at the group in front of them, Tracy in particular as his eyes hardened and his mouth turned into a grim line. "I would rather set my deck alight than hurt my friends. Tracy's the first friend I had that did not stab me in the back and took me seriously, and I'll be damned if I let anything happen to her. I know how much it sucks to get hurt by your friends, and I only plan on hurting Weasel." Turning his head to face Dahlia, the Ra Yellow furrowed his brow. "If I ever hurt or trick Tracy, on purpose or not, you can take my deck away and remove me from this island. I hacked into the duel field to produce those sounds, so you can use that to expell me."

Bella however seemed a touch hesitant about the whole thing when Goule revealed he'd need a body for this, as about a million red flags raised in her head especially when Lance seemed to agree to it as Bella waved a hand out before her and tried to get a slightly flustered reply out once she worked her head around this.

"W-w-wait wait here hold on, possession? You want to use Lance for something like that, doesn't that seem risky? I mean if this is a spirit what if it is like malevolent or something out of some horror movie?" Bella asked, as the last thing she wished was anyone to be put in danger simply to answer a question she had on her mind. She wanted to make sure Goule's method would be safe before they carried on with it.

----------
Zack walked away from the card shop and began to move by the dorms, that seemed to be the most reasonable place to check out if he wanted to find this Bob guy, though as he walked there he seemed to notice some activity a little bit away from him; seemed some guys were going to the beach which caused Zack to muddle over something.

Weasel seemed to suggest he duel Bob, he had not given him a deadline which implied Weasel cared little when he did it as likely he had other matters to deal with. And it was not the end of the day yet so this after school meeting still had some time to it, so Bob likely was not to take issue if he took a quick tip in the water. Besides, maybe he happened to be there, but Zack cared a little less for that as he moved to his dorm to go get changed.

Goule blinked a Few times at Bella, not sure if she were being serious or not. That's when a smile began to grow on his face like a fungus, a raspy cackle emerging from his lips.

"Ha Ha Haaaaaaa....my dear, don't tell me you believe in those Hollywood stories, eh?" He mused. "But I assure you, a Seance is completely harmless...so long as the spirit is docile. But in the event they are not, I am able to halt the ritual at a moment's notice. You simply say the word."

Awaiting Bella's approval, he grasped one of the vials he held in his hand, one filled to the brim with white powder. It appeared he was already hatching a plan.

"Besides, Lance is a strapping young man. I'm sure he knows the risks as well. I should as well ask you: are you willing to proceed?"

"..."

Tobias hadn't the faintest idea to what had happened. Booby traps were a well known phenomenon, but sudden rewards? From a structure supposedly built recently at that.

"...How is it that it knew we had finished our duel, and what cards to give us?" Tobias questioned. "Mysteries that have yet to be uncovered...how enticing. I am thankful we have come here. Perhaps the venture was not for nought after all."

Tobias then plucked the card from the slate. A Sphinx. It was almost like the ruin was thanking them for rescuing it. He would be lying if he said there was a scientific or historic explanation for everything. But here...-

"Let us not forsake our good fortune, friends, I do not believe this a trap. Let us drink from the chalice of prosperity this evening, cherishing the progress we endured to reach these heights! Ha!"

He let out a single powerful laugh. Very brief. Very astute and calculated. A triumphant one, for he...for THEY had come together and protected a treasure. And won.

"Shockwaves from our duels? How can holograms make shockwaves?" Jira asked. Jira's nervousness turned into panic as Willow simply walked up and yoinked the Gladiator Beast card from it's pillar. Wasn't she and Tobias supposed to be the history nuts? Didn't these old ruins have booby traps, especially when something like a prize would be shown? But there was no click of a mechanism, no pit trap opening up, no crumbling of walls. Nothing. Jira looked over to Tobias, who took the Pharaonic Guardian Sphinx. Tobias seemed... rather pleased? Jira liked to imagine that there was a smile under that scarf Tobias was wearing.

So these weren't traps. Jira looked over the Lava Golem card once again. A card that was, quite possibly, the basis for the Kaiju cards Jira used, but even more destructive. Tobias and Willow had already taken the cards most suited for them. Jira gingerly took the Lava Golem card. It was in good condition.
"Well, it looks like those guys were right about rare cards being here..." Jira said, sitting down on the sandy ground. He looked at the Lava Golem once again, utterly baffled by the events that had just transpired before sliding the card into his deck holster. "Honestly, I wasn't expecting to find a place like this, much less have everything that happened... happen. How did that happen, anyway?"

Jira gestured to the now-empty stone slabs.
"What do we do now?" Jira asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Tracy gingerly took Maya's deck, holding it carefully in her hand.
"Um... Th-thanks..." Tracy said. But before she had the chance to look through the cards, the group had made it to the beach. It was a relatively shaded lagoon, with trees that stretched over some parts of the water offering shade, as well as other parts where the sun shown down pleasantly. The beach stretched out in front of the group, almost inviting them to dive in. Tracy looked down at Maya's deck, then to the ocean.
"... Perhaps some other time? I think I might be trying to get a group together sometime for a deck building workshop or something, maybe then?" Tracy asked, offering Maya's deck back to the Obelisk Blue girl.

"You were the one who-?!" Dahlia cut herself off. Weasel. Of course. Dahlia listened to Bob's response intently before sighing and shaking her head.
"Sorry. You're probably dealing with enough, you don't need more people on your back right now." Dahlia said. She looked around nervously, as if trying to spot any sign of a ghostly Blowback Dragon.
"It's just... this is a lot. If whatever that was about Blowback Dragon, really is true... What does that even mean? I grew up watching stuff like the Battle City Tournament and Seto Kaiba's tournaments. Does that mean that the Blue-Eyes White Dragons are real, just lurking out of our vision? Heck, what about the Egyptian God Cards?!" Dahlia spoke quietly.

"Well uh not much references on spirits I am afraid..." Bella mused sheepishly but listened as Goule tried to assure her of the safety of this process to her. Course, given Goule had managed to make this meeting a bit creepy on its own his promise of it being safe had much been on a wait and see approach.

Course, if this was true and it could help her...Bella had not been sure what to do, but before she made any decision she glanced Lance's way as she figured he should have a say in this.

"What do you think? Are you comfortable with this?" Bella asked Lance honestly, this could help her sure but the risk for Lance was on her mind and she wanted him to least consent to this.

-----------
Soon enough Zack had kicked open his door from the inside, as he seemed to change to a pair of beach shorts and walked out topless as he seemed to smirk. Been a while since he got a feel of the water here at Duel Academy and he had been all too eager to have it wash over him both literally and figuratively.

Oh and Bob, if Bob had been there that was cool to.

Zack had taken a towel over one shoulder and a bag of personal items in another and soon began to march to the beach letting out a sigh as this promised to be quite the experience. More so than the lectures beforehand.

"I dunno, maybe this mechanism is triggered by light and we just happened to be here as the sun hit the right spot? It's not like I have a reference to use, the colosseum in Rome doesn't have this stuff." Willow shrugged before putting Nerokius in her extra deck. "I'd say we do a last sweep of this place, see if we missed anything. But before we do that, wanna take a group picture?" The girl asked, her phone in her hand and a grin on her face.

---------

"Oh, of course! No problem at all!" Maya smiled as she took her deck back, storing it away safely. "Now this is what I'm talking about, we should come here more often!" The Obelisk Blue girl yelled out in excitement, pumping a fist in the air.

Bob merely furrowed his brow as he tilted his head. "I don't mind it, one person more won't make a huge change. Besides, you have a valid reason to. It's not like you're getting mad at me for stealing your clothes or something, that's all Weasel. I only had a hand in the duel programming. As for spirits, I don't know where the Blue-Eyes White Dragons are. I don't know if people can have more than one spirit and if they can, spirits cannot harm humans. Blowback Dragon tried stomping on your head and you felt nothing, so Blue-Eyes can't do much to you. Besides, from what I know, spirits stick close to their partner. Blowback Dragon for example is hanging out with Tracy right now, but they've always been around me ever since I could see them. I've yet to see any other spirits though, so who knows?"

At the mention of the Egyptian God Cards, Bob cupped his chin. "I have no clue. Pretty sure the last time they were used was in Battle City's finals, and we would know if they are used again. Yugi Moto has all three of them, and his deck has enough strength without those cards. The gods might just not even bother with anyone but their owner, given they are gods and we are puny humans. What reason do they have to interact with us?" Shrugging his shoulders, the Ra Yellow shook his head. "It's all vague nonsense to me, I'm still trying to figure stuff out and honestly, I am still trying to be convinced that I'm not just hallucinating."