• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy RP

Dahlia woke up early. That is to say she woke up when she normally did, which was before dawn. The Obelisk Blue girl went through her morning routine of light workout, making small adjustments to her deck, and studying other archtypes. The one she picked this morning was the Gladiator Beast archtype, in light of yesterday's duel. It was a strong archtype with an unusual gimmick, so it was important to learn what tricks it could pull if she was ever to go toe-to-toe with it.

Even as Dahlia attempted to read up on the Gladiator Beasts, she was having a hard time focusing. She was worried about Tracy. Unable to meet her friend last night, Dahlia had settled for leaving the card packs and a note at Tracy's dorm room and heading back to the Obelisk Blue Girl's dorm. Something was definitely going on with Tracy. She needed to talk to her friend today.

Giving up on studying for now, Dahlia went to get something to eat. The Obelisk Blue dining hall was beautiful, as to be expected. The breakfast spread was large and fantastic, with pretty much any sort of breakfast food available. Pancakes, Waffles, French Toast... For Dahlia, it was still a bit much. She grabbed a breakfast of scrambled eggs and bacon, sitting at a table and eating.

~~~~~~~~~~

Tracy made her way out of the Ra Yellow dorm, seeing Bob not too far away. He seemed to be lost in thought. Tracy picked up the pace, walking up next to Bob.
"Hey, Bob." Tracy said. She offered her friend a smile. "Any big plans for today?"

Bob looked to his friend and shook his head. "Morning Tracy, not really. Think I'll stay out of trouble for now, maybe get someone on our side if we're lucky. The biggest plan I have at the moment is getting some breakfast, you got anything you want to do?" The Ra Yellow admitted, though he never made plans until necessary. Walking towards the breakfast area, a question arose in the boy's head. "Did you get anything good from those packs? I got the ones that seemed to be water-based, so I could very well have gotten you absolute trash."

"Well, the banishment card pack was nice. I got lucky and pulled D.D. Warrior Lady, and pretty much any banishment card is a step in the right direction. But... I did have quite a few rare cards in my old deck. Chaos Sorcerer and Pot of Desires, and Golden Homunculus or Macro Cosmos aren't exactly common. But it's a start." Tracy said. She couldn't help but to feel sadness once again for her stolen deck, but pushed it back. "The water pack was nice too. To be honest, not a lot of the cards helped me. At least, as far as I could figure. I did get another copy of A Legendary Ocean, which is helpful. And then... Well, I guess they released a new Penguin card, because I pulled one I hadn't seen before. A fusion monster. I'll have to run some tests to see if it's any good though."

The pair made their way into the Ra Yellow dining hall. Tracy elected to get a simple bowl of cereal to start her day.
"I was thinking we could talk to Dahlia. Get her in on what's going on." Tracy said.

"Just doing my best, glad to hear it helped ya. Atleast you got Duel Monsters Tracy again. And no, you're not going to lose that nickname. You're always gonna be D.D. Warrior Lady." Bob smiled at Tracy and put a hand on her shoulder as support, he knew that she was not happy about the fact her deck was stolen. The mention of a fusion monster caught him off guard though. "A Penguin fusion monster? I didn't know that thing existed, who was saying that Penguins didn't have a boss monster? Congratulations dude, that's some impressive luck! I wanna see it in action now, see if I can beat it." The boy was pleasantly surprised to find out about the card, causing him to be filled with energy this early in the day.

Settling for two slices of toast with a boiled egg as his breakfast, the machine duelist listened to Tracy's plan. "Sounds like a plan, we just gotta be careful of Weasel. He's an Obelisk now after all. I think you can go visit Dahlia without any issue, but I'm not going in that palace as long as that scum of the earth exist. Next thing you know, he's going to strike me for trespassing on Obelisk grounds or something." He grumbled as he took a bite of his egg.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
“Helllooooooo?”

Weasel called down the halls of the obelisk blue dorm. The echo carried across the compound. A groggy student opened their door, looking out to see the pipsqueak duelist.

“...What?”

“Golly! Didn’t mean to wake ya! Have you seen dear ol’ Belle?”

“...No.”

Shutting the door with a slam, the lead had gone cold. Weasel pouted, putting a fist for his cheek to rest on.

“Aw Fiddlesticks. Oh I wonder where she skedaddled off to...welp! No use mopping around here!”

Weasel skipped about the hall, moving on from hall to hall, continuing to search for his ‘investigation partner.’ It was time to start assessing her and quite possibly...dealing with her.

Tracy smiled as Bob congratulated her on drawing the penguin fusion. She thought as she ate.
"Well, we could try to meet with Dahlia somewhere outside the Obelisk Blue dorm. I think I might know a few places." Tracy said. It could be risky, having Bob be seen with other students. Then again, pretty much everything was risky right now. They needed to do something. Tracy ate some more, continuing to think.
"Do you think we could try going on the offense? Duel monsters can be a mind game as much as a tactical game. Like destroying an opponent's favorite monster, or milling their deck. Is there something we could do to throw him off balance, without him knowing it was us?" Tracy asked Bob.

"Hmmm, Weasel doesn't know you're aware of what's going on, so you have free reign. If I can somehow get his attention, you can basically do whatever you want in that time period. Maybe I can set up like an illegal gambling ring, you know Weasel's gonna try and crack down on that. To my knowledge, there's nothing illegal about playing chance games as long as no one loses something and it is merely for points. I know Dahlia is far from a fan of the pranks, but maybe you can convince her to do something? Since Weasel's gonna be occupied with me, I have an alibi and cannot be blamed for it. Maybe you can like wreck his room or something? Anything that drives home the message that he is not invincible. You gotta be careful though, we'll have no real way to communicate that is not super obvious. I can't exactly whip up a microphone or something like in detective shows and even if I could, there's no way to explain why I have it."

Bob shared his thoughts with Tracy before continuing to eat, letting out a single muffled chuckle. "Hm. I might just bring out my gamble deck in case of a duel, it has more capabilities to stall than my Machine deck. If I cleverly use a double-sided coin with also failing at times, then no one can prove anything. You should go meet Dahlia no matter what though, I can create an alibi the moment class ends. Plenty of people will have seen me and that way Weasel cannot shove something on me without proper evidence. Then again, they could probably just create some. I might just record myself whilst I'm there, that's a decent defense if I say so myself."

As Bella finished her breakfast at the Obelisk Blue Girl's dorm, she soon enough gathered her things and set out the door. First and foremost on the agenda was her "meeting" with Weasel. Naturally her goal was to get a duel among other things out of him, as indeed what a deck and how one acted in a duel tended to say a lot about their character. More importantly this gave her a chance to see what "evidence" he had of his subjects so she could begin to weight the validity behind his accusations.

Course, she needed to talk to Bob. In private, given his eye witness would be key to Dahlia's account of events.

As she walked intending to find the Slifer Red Dorm, she noticed something interesting in the Obelisk Blue male's dorm. Seemed someone had just arrived inside with a sudden step as she paused curiously. She thought she possibly recognized a voice but perhaps her mind was playing tricks on her. Either way she decided to go over to look. Worse case scenario, she could see how Lance was doing, best case maybe she'd discover something of note.

Tracy considered what Bob suggested. Fighting pranks with pranks. There was a sort of justice to this... but they needed to be careful. If Tracy was Weasel, how would she try to manipulate the situation to his advantage? And now that they were talking about this, Tracy wasn't sure how comfortable she felt about doing something like breaking into his room and messing it up.
"I... I don't know." Tracy said after a moment of thinking. "If we did something like that, Weasel wouldn't know it was you, sure. But he'd probably parade around the fact he got pranked himself, and it would make others see him as a victim. If we did something to mess him up, it would have to be something that he wouldn't want anyone else to find out about. Something that would make him look suspicious if it ever came to light."

Tracy paused when Bob brought up a double-sided coin. The Ra Yellow girl looked at him with concern.
"You use a double-sided coin in your duels?" Tracy asked. Even though the two were speaking quietly, Tracy still glanced around to make sure no one was listening. "Bob, that's cheating! You could get in serious trouble for that!"

Bella approached the Obelisk blue dorm, the source of the familiar voice. Right as she got within a few feet of the door, Weasel’s Head jutted out of it like a game of Whack-a-mole.

“Howdy, you!”

Kicking the door the rest of the way open, Weasel giddily jumped in place, holding his arms up close to his chest. It looked like a kid that was just told they’d be going to Kaiba Land.

“Oooh! I can’t wait to start investigating with my new sleuth buddy! This should be totes cool! First day on the job!”

"Hmm, that's true. He would try and bend the situation to his advantage. Maybe we can catch him in the act of pranking someone? That's probably our best bet, there's no way to talk out of that situation. I can't think of anything that he doesn't want others to know, other than the fact that he's pranking everyone. No secrets or anything, most dirt I've got on him is the fact that he cheats at crane games." Bob admitted as he raked his brains for any potential information. "If I get roped in with them for a prank, I'll inform you though. That way you know what's gonna happen and when, maybe you can even catch us in the act. Sure, I'd get caught too but Weasel's gonna get seen too."

As Tracy reacted to the fact that he had a double sided coin, Bob chuckled. "I'll admit that I've used it before, but I've never used it during or after the tag team tournament. I really should get rid of it, it is incriminating evidence." That's when a flash of inspiration hit him. "That's it! Braxer and Bix have double-sided coins as well, and they are easier to get to than Weasel. They use them for Twin-Barrel Dragon, I gave them those items before we duelled. If we can get them to brag about their luck or their 'lucky coin', then we can easily expose them. If Weasel can't even figure out that his buddies are cheating, that should really mess up his credibility."

When Bob suggested setting up Braxer and Bix, Tracy hesitated. While the two had been pretty terrible to Bob, Tracy still wasn't too certain how deep they were in on it. For all she knew, Bix and Braxer could be facing them same thing of being blackmailed to help Weasel.
"...Or, Weasel could just claim that they were the ones he was investigating, and throw them under the bus. He did it with you, it wouldn't surprise me if he would do the same to them. After all, he hasn't announced or indicated who he was suspicious of yet, and both Bix and Braxer hung out with you quite a bit." Tracy said. It would be best to somehow remove Bix and Braxer from play, rather than destroy them and send them to the graveyard. Not to mention, the plan that Bob suggested... well, it felt like something Weasel would do. And Tracy didn't want to sink to Weasel's level.

"Maybe if we could somehow remove his pranking gear from play? It would be something that only he would know about, and not something that he would want to advertise has gone missing. And we could do that plan of giving you an alibi while it was happening." Tracy suggested.

Bob surpressed a groan as Tracy shared her thoughts. She wasn't wrong and he was not going to shut her down, but it was such a pain that Weasel only cared for himself. It made it that much harder to get to him. "You're right, that is a very plausible outcome and we'd get not much further. I doubt that they'd join our cause too, so it's not worth the effort. Pranking gear is another can of worms, I have no clue where they are. I doubt that Weasel would be dumb enough to keep everything stored in one location, but maybe we can get something out of the Kid Caches around the island? I know the location of one of them, and who knows what may be in them?"

The Ra Yellow didn't say it out loud, but he was grateful that Tracy was next to him. Without her, he'd already be knee-deep in whatever mess he'd inevitably get himself into. She helped him look at things from a different angle and more objectively, instead of through a lens of hatred. A second voice was undeniably useful, if only Weasel would see that as well.

"Ah, right. You wouldn't know about them. Kid Caches are like little storage boxes scattered around the island that contain things for emergencies or for fun as Weasel phrased it. It can contain food or prank supplies judging from that statement, the one I know of is a food cache. The trouble is finding one and then hoping it is for pranks. He probably marked them somehow, I'd have to see the one I know of to truly know though. If we're lucky, it has something directly linked to Weasel that can be used as evidence. If not, atleast he won't be able to use it against innocent people." Bob explained the caches to Tracy before finishing the remainder of his breakfast.

"What the...!?"

WOOSH!

Instinct took over as needless to say Bella was taken off guard but the sudden Wack-a-Weasel that popped through the door as she moved back a step and prepared to strike whatever it was with a spinning kick in a display of her strength & athleticism, but managed to just stop before her boot made contact with Weasel's cheek as she realized who it was and once the shock faded her boot lowered as she sighed with a slightly annoyed expression.

"You know, Weasel, jumping up like that is an excellent way to end up flat on your butt if you are not careful..." Bella said as a subtle warning not to greet her that way in the future before she focused on the important matter and looked him in the eye.

"Yeah I figure we can begin that, but there is something I wished to ask of you first. If that was fine with you?"

As he was nearly clobbered by Bella’s special move, He gave a small sweatdrop, laughing the attempted assault off like a joke.

“Haha...I see your just as excited too!”

Right as he was to March off to lead his new deputy, he was stopped by her question. Here it comes. Hiding the widest devilish grin on his face, he whipped back around to her, all sunny and fluffy again.

“Aw, sure sugar! Ask away, I don’t bite!”

Tracy smiled, her eyes seeming to light up as Bob explained the Kid Caches.
"That's our ticket." Tracy said. "If you can figure out how they're marked, or at least tell me where the one you saw was, we can figure out where others are. And if we take the ones he had that were filled with his prank gear, he won't want people to know he lost them. That, combined with the fact that he seems pretty possessive, should be enough to get under his skin."
They would still have to play very carefully. If they could find a Kid Cache that Bob hadn't been shown before and moved that one, Bob wouldn't be under suspicion. Tracy looked up to Bob again.

"Do you want to meet up after classes to look for those caches?" Tracy asked Bob.

Raikiri woke up with a shock. How long had he slept for? He checked his alarm clock. 13 hours??? He had only remembered laying down for a second. How could he sleep for so long, but still wake up tired? Oh well. There were more pressing matters at hand. He still needed to get decent grades to stay in Ra. Without thinking any more, he jumped out of bed, got dressed, and left his dorm.

"Sounds good to me, where do you wanna meet up? Though we could potentially just start our investigation the moment school ends, it'd save us some time. I'm not going to tamper with the food caches though, that would both be too obvious and sadistic. Braxer and Bix would also get affected by it and although they are on Weasel's side, I doubt that they are truly malicious. They owe Weasel for helping them get out of the situation that they were in previously, so there's probably some fear behind their actions." Placing his elbows on the table, Bob leaned on his hands as he looked up at the ceiling and exhaled through his nose.

"I won't try to reconnect with them, it would be painful and awkward for both parties and I don't want to go through this again. As much as I dislike the time as a hooligan, they didn't actively try to annoy me like he did. Maybe I pushed them a bit too far with insults which made them agree with what he did, but I don't know and probably never will. What I do know is that any connection with Weasel is bound to end in drama and that he can die in a hole for all I care." It was clear that Weasel had burned all the bridges that could potentially bring him back on Bob's good side, and it was unlikely that Braxer or Bix had any bridges left either.

Tracy nodded along with Bob. She hadn't thought that Bix or Braxer might be affected by the shenanigans they were about to get into. She also agreed with Bob in thinking that Bix and Braxer weren't truly malicious. At least, Bix hadn't seemed so. With the little interaction Tracy had with Braxer, it had been hard to get a read on the larger student. But Tracy trusted Bob's judgement. She didn't understand how it would be sadistic to take the food caches (after all, they weren't supposed to be there in the first place), but Tracy supposed their plan would work with just taking the prank supplies.

"Let's meet at the card shop after school." Tracy suggested.

"Sounds good to me, thought it'll be weird to go there and not buy anything. I need to keep my spending in check after all, and I don't really need new cards right now. I've got to test my current cards first before I'll allow myself to buy a new pack." Bob nodded at the suggestion of Tracy before leaning back in his chair. "This can either go incredibly well or backfire horribly, but I'm screwed if I do nothing. Might as well take the risk, since I've got nothing to lose. Should this go belly-up, you're not taking the blame. You hear me? I don't want to let you get punished alongside me. I involved you in this mess, I take responsibility, got it?"

It sounded like a cliché white knight moment and it felt like one, but Bob did not care. He brought her into this mess, he'd make sure she'd be fine. If Tracy did not agree, he would not fight her, but it would have to do for now. Even if it meant being relentlessly assaulted by the sound of Blowback Dragon laughing in his ear. Oh, shut up already. You know how I feel about our friendship. The Ra Yellow thought as the spirit of Blowback Dragon floated around his head.

"Hold on Bob. I told you last night you're not out of Duel Academy yet, so don't act like it! The last thing we need is you playing a Self-Destruct Button or something." Tracy said. Recognizing what her friend was doing, Tracy rested her head on her hand and smiled to Bob. It was still very sweet, but Tracy wasn't going to let Bob take the fall for this if they did get caught. She had a pretty good record still, and more importantly she wasn't being blackmailed. So if she was the one that somehow got in trouble, it would far less likely she would get kicked out than if Bob was the one that got in trouble.

"Alright. I'll try to talk to Dahlia in between class periods and let her know about our situation. I'll see you later Bob." Tracy said, grabbing her bag and heading out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jira woke up with a bit of a headache. Strange dreams last night. Ones he couldn't quite remember. The Slifer Red slid out of bed and sluggishly began to get ready for the day. Perhaps he had just been watching too many kaiju movies. As if that could be a thing.

What had the dream been about?

Jira paused as he got ready, trying to remember. It had been a thoroughly weird one. There had been quite a few kaiju... but Jira just couldn't remember. A little unsettled, Jira shook off the strange feeling and finished getting ready for the day. The Slifer Red walked out of the dorm and was ready for the day of classes.

Bob chuckled. "Hey, a tie is better than a loss. Don't worry, your message has arrived clearly. It ain't over till it's over, which it ain't. I'll behave myself, don't worry. Good luck, and say hello to Dahlia for me." Waving Tracy goodbye, the Machine duelist stopped leaning backwards and got up himself. "Welp, time for class I guess. Yo Blowback, I have a question."

The spirit floated above the table as it looked down onto Bob. "And I have an answer. Whether you like it or not is up to you."

"Har har, very funny. No, this is a genuine question. How many Gun Dragons are there? If there are enough, I might be able to make a deck around them."

"Ooooh, so there's actual cognitive thought inside that head of yours. I see. Well, there's Twin-Barrel Dragon, yours truly, Barrel Dragon, Toon Barrel Dragon, Fusilier Dragon, the Dual-Mode Beast which does not have a coin flipping effect, which makes them kinda lame in my opinion, Gatling Dragon, Panzer Dragon and Desperado Barrel Dragon. That's all of them, think you can make a deck around that or is it too difficult?"

Bob took a moment to take in all the information. None of the names were incredibly new to him, save for the last one. "Desperado Barrel Dragon huh? I can't say I've heard of it, what is it like?"

"Imagine Barrel Dragon, but with revolvers instead of those lame lasers. It's the strongest out of all the Gun Dragons based purely of stats and its effect is not bad either. I never got to see it in action though, Ol' Desperado keeps to themselves and never really visits us."

A card more powerful than Barrel Dragon with an effect that was considered to be 'not bad'? He simply had to get his hands on it, there was no discussion about it. As the boy made his way to the main building, more questions arose. How was he going to get it? What was its true power? Why did he never hear about it? How was he going to pay attention when there was a rare card waiting for him? Too many questions and not enough answers.

Jira had his breakfast, a simple and sad bowl of oatmeal. It made him think back to visiting the Ra Yellow dorm yesterday. It was such a jump up from the Slifer Red dorm. What type of breakfast did they have? Heck, what type of breakfast did the Obelisk Blue dorm have? Eating his sad oatmeal, Jira couldn't help but to feel a pang of envy. He'd just have to start working harder if he wanted a better breakfast, he supposed.

Finishing his breakfast and making his way over to the common room, Jira spotted a familiar face. Smiling a toothy grin, the Slifer Red student waved to Willow.
"Hey, Willow! How's it going?" Jira asked Willow.

Raikiri didn't taste his breakfast at all that morning. He had several lumps in his stomach, as if he was a disgrace to anyone and everyone around him. This thought kept bubbling around in his head, and no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't get it out. It was as though he was disappointing his deck and his deck was disappointing him, all at once.
------------------------
"Alright, Fossil Warrior Skull King, bitchslap his lifepoints!" Yohei grinned triumphantly as his opponent accepted defeat. A momentous occasion, because Yohei wasn't the type to win duels that much. He was the type that could dish it out but couldn't take it. However, being beaten by him would cause him to do what he was doing at that exact moment, taunting and dancing.

"Well just, I've been on this island for a day plus now and well I've got a bit of a dueling itch. I figure that's be a good way to get a feel for each other and I'd be lying if I was not curious about what you are capable of. If you have the time I'd appreciate a duel with you." Bella said, as she seemed to make her formal request.

While her reasoning had been to a degree truthful, which her tone carried well, inwardly she had another means for the duel one she wondered if Weasel suspected.

Regardless of what deck you use, I'll get a sense of what you really are...

---------
Another boat arrived at the dock of Duel Academy, a young man who sat casual as can be along with an older woman who seemed to have a look that mixed concern with annoyance. Zack had just finished serving his suspension for an altercation with one of Duel Academy's staff, the new Principal Crowler which was a point to remind him over least from his mother's POV.

"So he screws with me and I get punished while he gets promoted? Well they do say life is just so fu..."

"Don't you finish that sentence! Look I love you but you need to prove to me you have the maturity needed to stay in this school. I fully support your desire to be a pro duelist, but I can't let you set a bad example and as proven neither will the school. Now call me when you settle in, okay?"

"Ugg, fine mom..."

Zack said his goodbye as he landed on the dock and watched as his mother was taken back out to sea. Zack once more was on campus, but so much had likely changed since his suspension it felt like a new start. Which only meant he had more to prove especially with a new crop of talent as the young man smirked to himself.

Guess I can see what awaits me on this island, I hope it will least amuse me.

With that, Zack set out for the Slifer Red dorm, his old dorm in order to resettle once more. Perhaps he'd say hi to Crowler as well, he was sure the new principal would be thrilled to see him.

“Oh? A duel with me? Well, butter me up and eat me for breakfast, how can I say no!? But remember we still gotta do some detective work today too~!”

Gutsy broad. She wants to size me up. Heh, more suspicious than expected. Oh well, she’s going to be Sorely disappointed if she thinks she has a chance in hell of wining. This is Weasel the Kid’s turf.

“Sooooo want me to go first? Do ya? Do ya? Do ya??”

Weasel bent like a noodle left and right as he asked these questions, childishly grinning. Taking out his duel disk, he rested it under his chin as he stared back at Belle with fake stars in his eyes, awaiting a response from the young woman.

"It's a long day, I think we'll find the time to do some investigating..." Bella pointed out with a smile as she seemed committed to the cause, though she intended to look for answers no matter what path they led her down in a objective direction. Whether Weasel intended to do the same or was what Dahlia suspected he was.

Well, she'd get a taste of what Weasel was like through this, how aware of this he was or not seemed to not concern him.

Seems you are eager for this, I have a feeling you know this is about more than just a duel but if you want to expose yourself a little to see how you measure up I am game all day.

"Well since you seem so insistent, by all means~" Bella said with a smile, as she moved them away from the door to a more open area as she pulled her own duel disc out. She pulled her signature deck and shuffled it before sliding it into her duel disc as she activated it feeling a certain excitement bubble through her.

Her first duel at Duel Academy, now she had to make the right impression.

“Aw right!” Weasel pumped both of his small fists in the air. “Let’s gooo!”

He put on his duel disk as it begun to extend out and activate. The red center light pulsates as Weasel smiled up like a cat toward his opponent.

Weasel Vs Bella
Lifepoints: 4000

“Alrighty, so imma play a facedown monster and then this nifty spell card. Messenger of Peace! My first thing I do isn’t start a fight...but to avoid one! Then I end my turn!”

Weasel seemed content with this, wearing his facade like a well used glove. What was he really planning?

Weasel:
Cards in hand- 4
Cards on field- Facedown Monster, Messenger of peace

Life: 4000

"Right, duel!" Bella called out with a smile, as she saw Weasel make his first move. A move he had a preface for as he played Messenger of Peace before setting a monster as he seemed to desire to stall things out.

"How informative, I suppose you could say for me I like to make it a mystery to begin with..." Bella said with a smile, as she set a monster in face down defense position after her opening draw and sent one face down card while she smiled his way.

"I'll end my turn there." Bella said, eager to explore how committed to his "path of peace" he was or not.

Bella:
Cards in hand: 4
Cards on field: A facedown monster, a set spell/trap card.

----------
As Zack made his way though the open space between dorms, he soon found himself at his old Slifer Red dorm. From what he had been told, his room had not been rented out though his roommate had been promoted to Ra Yellow which left it to himself and likewise hadn't been used since the end of the term.

Bam!

Which given his hands were full with his personal items, he opted to kick open as the door swung and revealed his old dorm. Seemed his roommate had least kept it tidy in his absence, which as evident by the way Zack just flung his bags inside and flopped on the bed could not have been extended to himself.

"Ah gotta admit this crap dorm least has a decent bed to come back to." Zack mused as he thought over what he wished to do now, he'd begin his first day back tomorrow as today was an "adjustment" period to get his dorm settled and integrated back to campus life.

Lance finished his breakfast, ready for the day. The Obelisk Blue packed his bags, taking some time to study more Duel Monster Cards. Scrolling through cards on his computer, the student paused and allowed himself a small smile. That was a familiar card. The one he had seen Bella holding during the competition, but hadn't been able to see the name of. It had resembled the hero cards, which had given him a place to start. Masked Hero Dark Law. Interesting. A Masked Hero deck. That certainly explained the peculiar feeling Lance had felt meeting Bella. Now was the question: What was the mask hiding? A hero, or a villian?

Shutting down his laptop, Lance made his way out of his dorm room. Walking out of the Obelisk Blue boy's dorm, he stumbled across a familiar sight at Duel Academy. Two students dueling. Usually, Lance would have simply passed by and continued on his way. But then, he saw who was dueling. A pair of Obelisk Blues, Bella... and Weasel? Since when had Weasel been an Obelisk Blue?

This was... troubling, to say the least. Had all these pranks simply been a means to an end, of elevating himself to Obelisk Blue? If so, well... Lance had overestimated the prankster. Still, he had the feeling that this Duel was going to be an interesting enough one to watch. The third year student took a seat on a nearby stone, taking a moment to polish his glasses before turning his attention to the match.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Making her way through the Ra Yellow dorm, Tracy stumbled across a familiar sight. Her partner from the doubles tournament, Raikiri. Even from where she was standing, Tracy could tell that he seemed... off. Down. Adjusting her jacket and letting out a breath, Tracy made her way over to Raikiri.
"Hey, Raikiri. It's been a while. You okay?" Tracy asked.

“Oh? Copying my moves, huh? Suppose mimicry is the best form of flattery!”

Weasel chuckled at the thought, drawing a card, seeming to like what he drew. The small fry looked back to Bella.

“So imma do this little number! While I do lose 100 for keeping the peace, this guy will be seeing it through: Come out UFO turtle!”

Weasel’s Life Points: 3900

The oddly shaped tortoise spun down from above, as if it had come from the stars. A yellow glow came from it’s shell as he came to life.

UFO turtle: 1400 ATK 1200 DEF

“Now my turtle friend is gwonna unweash an attack on yow whittle fwace down!~” he said In a sickeningly cutesy voice.

The UFO Turtle’s throat vibrated as it took to the air, spinning like a flying saucer. It would release a Galaga styled beam down from the bottom of it’s shell to attack the facedown monster.

Oh god how does he not hurt his throat with that...

Bella had not known Weasel much, beyond word of mouth of Dahlia as well as how he presented himself but that was not the thing to dwell on as oblivious to Lance observing them she saw Weasel summon UFO Turtle as he launched an attack on her face down monster.

"Sorry, but it ain't gonna be that easy. Reveal yourself Masked HERO Gust!" Bella smirked, as she flipped her face down monster as a current of wind seemed to shoot out from the flip summon as a green masked figure with a red scarf revealed himself as he sat on one knee with his arms crossed in a guard.

Masked HERO Gust: 1500 ATK/1600 DEF.

----------
Zack soon had his things "packed" as the Slifer Red moved out of his dorm and stretched, eager to get a feel for campus again as he moved out of the dump of a dorm Crowler had them committed to and walked; unsure where he wanted to go but hey he figured he could think of something along the way.

Zack passed by the front of the Ra Yellow dorm as he walked casually.

UFO turtle struggle to pick up the enemy hero with it’s beam, sweating before it crashed down on Weasel’s side of the field in exhaustion.

Weasel: 3700 Lifepoints.

“Oh? That was a great move, and a cool looking monster too! I play this facedown card and endsies!”

This chick ain’t dumb, meaning they have some semblance of a brain. But I don’t think that’ll make a difference. She’ll fail like all the rest.

Weasel’s side of the field:
Cards in hand- 3
Facedown monster
UFO turtle
Facedown card.
Messenger of Peace

Last edited:
Willow was forcing some dry toast down her throat when Jira waved at her. Swallowing the dry toast with reluctance, she waved back. "Yo Jira, how are *cough* you?" Her sentence was interrupted by a coughing fit, causing her to be teary-eyed for a second before recollecting herself. "Whew. Aside from choking on toast, I'm doing fine. Little tired, but it was fun yesterday. Think we can make this like a recurring thing or something? I'd be down for it, all we gotta do is rope Tobias in."

-----------------

As Bob left the Ra Yellow Dorm, he bumped into a Slifer Red. Normally he'd began accusing the other person of not having functioning eyes, but this situation was incredibly similar to how he met Weasel and that went splendidly well. Deciding to try a different approach, he tried to be kind, if only to not get stabbed in the back later. "Oh, sorry. Are you okay?" He didn't actually care much about the Slifer, he never even saw them, but the chance that this would be Weasel 2.0 was not one he was willing to take.

-----------------

Whistling a tune, Maya wandered around the breakfast area of the Obelisk Blue dorm. Yesterday was fun to watch, but none of her monsters lend themselves to cosplay and she didn't want to half-ass a costume of a monster that she didn't like that much anyway. Her favoritism of draconic looking monsters didn't allow her to just whip up a costume that easily. She'd have to spent like a year to fully recreate her signature card and even then it was way too cumbersome to wear. No, she'd let the Spirit Day pass her by. Helping herself to a healthy and tasty breakfast, the girl sat down at a table.

"I presume that the cute dialect is gonna be a theme." Bella said with a smile, as she proceeded to draw her card. Much as Weasel did before, she seemed to like her card as she set about her next turn.

"All right, time to show you what Masked HEROs are all about. I first summon Masked HERO Inferno!" Bella called out, as a stream of fire seemed to appear on the field before a figure with a red attire and similarly colored masked appeared on the field with a dynamic pose.

Masked HERO Inferno: 1600 ATK/1000 DEF.

"I then activate my face down card. Mask Change!" Bella called out, revealing her face down card as a sudden golden mask shot out and wrapped around her Masked HERO Gust as he began to glow gold.

"This card allows me to send one face-up "HERO" card I control to the graveyard, and in turn I can Special Summon 1 "Masked HERO" monster from my Extra Deck as long as it is the same attribute. Come fourth...Masked HERO Blast!" Bella called out, as her WIND Masked HERO Gust seemed to explode in a ball of light as she sent the card to her graveyard, before a new figure emerged on her duel disk. Similar green mask & outfit, but this time with a lone red slash along with a more muscular figure as he similar struck a dynamic pose arms crossed and all.

Masked HERO Blast: 2200 ATK/1800 DEF.

"If Masked HERO Blast is summoned successfully, his first effect activates. I can target one monster my opponent controls and cut the ATK of that monster in half. I choose UFO Turtle." Bella declared, as Blast seemed to extend a palm out and shot an air shockwave towards UFO Turtle with the aim to weaken it as Bella revealed the key card of her deck in Mask Change.

Bella:
Cards in hand: 4
Masked HERO Blast, face-up ATK
Masked HERO Inferno, face-up ATK

---------
Zack had been left to his own thoughts and as such he seemed to walk a touch absent mildly which resulted in a bump as he was knocked on his butt as another Slifer Red as he offered a quick apology his way as he tried to diffuse the situation in advanced, which would have worked fine with just about anyone...

"Sorry!? Try watching where you are going!"

....Zack was not most. Though thankfully after his initial yell his temper seemed to cool, mostly on account of knowing he had been on thin ace as it was so if he got into a fight it'd likely be the end for him context be damned. So he worked on his breathing as he stood on his feet and dusted himself off before glancing at the student. "Think I am least owed a name after that..."

As UFO turtle was hit by the attack diminishing ray, it shook and struggled to maintain balance as the lights dimmed on it’s shell.

UFO Turtle- 700 ATK, 1200 DEF

“Oho? So that’s your play?”

Weasel snuck a finger in front of his lips, his eyes looking at the situation like a cat determining weather to tip a vase.

“It’s a good thing My Messenger of peace won’t let you get that far though, so is that all to your little plan?”

As the air blast worked to weaken the UFO Turtle, Bella merely offered a sly grin Weasel's way as he seemed to be curious of her plan while he boasted of his spell card which currently stalled her.

"Well it's a good thing there is more to meets the eye with a Masked HERO. At this time I choose to activate the second effect of Masked HERO Blast!" Bella declared, as her life points seemed to go down by 500.

Bella: 3500 Life Points

"By paying 500 life points, I can select one Spell or Trap card my opponent controls and return it to their hand. And I choose to use it on Messenger of Peace." Bella explained, and so it was as Blast seemed to return his hand and extended out his opposite palm now as another blast of air shot out this time towards Weasel's spell card as Bella aimed to return the obstacle that halted her attacks to her opponent's hand.

In a flurry of wind, the messenger of peace card was thrust out from the field, returning to Weasel’s hand. Looking at the card, Weasel gave a snicker, only concealed behind his card.

“Weeeelp there goes the peaceful solution, eh?”

Adding the card to his hand, he put his hands on his hips, seeming to disapprove of the situation.

“So what now? Is your hero gonna kill my poor turtle boi?”