• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy RP

Willow listened to Noah's story before sighing. "You're an odd one, you know that? But, I think you'd make a nice change of pace in the stuffier higher ranks." Flashing a grin, she shook Noah's hand. "No headpats though, you have no idea how annoying those are. I get plenty of those back home, hugs are fine though. Speaking of stuffy high ranks, we've arrived at Ra Yellow's dorm." Looking at the dorm's door, she saw someone sprint outside. "They sure are in a hurry, is their toilet clogged or something?" She asked as she placed her duel disk arm on her hip.

Tracy gritted her teeth as her life points took a massive hit. Things weren't looking good.
Just keep your cool, Tracy. You can still pull this off. Think! You still have 14 cards banished. The girl thought. There was still a way to come back. She had Gren Maju da Eiza, another one of her ace monsters. At first glance, it was a weaker monster. Only level 3, she could normal summon it easily. But it's effect was like Golden Homonculus's effect, but stronger. It gained 400 Attack and Defense for each of her banished cards. With 14 of her cards removed from play, it would have a massive attack of 5,600. All she had to do was draw it.

Tracy glanced down at her deck, swallowing nervously before drawing. Looking down, the card she drew... was not Gren Maju de Eiza. A Trap Card, Dimension Wall. A good card, but not the card she had been wanting. Still, she just had to hold out for one more turn. Then Necroface would be added to her hand, and she would definitely be able to make a comeback. D.D. Warrior Lady would just have to do for now.
"I set one monster card, and another card face-down." Tracy called over to Alex, setting D.D. Warrior Lady and Dimension Wall face-down.

@Frontier Master

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Noah had a confused look on his face as he looked at the sweaty Ra student that challenged him to a duel. "Umm sure? But are you okay you seem to be having trouble breathing right now."
Noah said as he pulled out his duel disk before glancing at Willow with a confused look on his face for a brief second before turning his attention back towards Raikiri.

Raikiri managed a smile when his opponent accepted and readied his duel disk. "Alright then, I'll go first." He drew his first five cards. "I play a continuous spell card! Child's Play! It raises my life points by 300 whenever you summon a monster, and once I hit 10000, none of my monsters can be destroyed by battle." He looked up at his opponent to make sure they were still listening. "Other than that, I summon Heavy Knight of the Flame in Attack Position, set a card face down and end my turn!"

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Noah glanced at the field before the looking back at his hand. "Okay then, my turn, I draw!" Noah looked at the card that he just drew to see that it was Magical Musketeer Starfire, therefore he smirked.
"Alrighty then, I normal summon Magical Musketeer Starfire in column 3."
(Magical Musketeer Starfire level 4, 1300atk/1700def)
"I now activate upstart goblin in column 3, and what this does is it gives you 1,000 life points and in exchange, I get to draw 1 card."
Noah then drew one card from the deck. "And now since I activated a spell card in the same column that Starfire is in, I get to special summon one level 4 or lower magical musket card from my deck in defense mode and I'll choose Magical Musket Caspar in column 2."
Noah said as Magical musketeer Starfire fired her gun on the ground right next to her and creating a portal, which Casper leaped from landing right next to Starfire in a crouch position with his body covered with a blue aura. "And now to clear up the field, I activate the trap card from my hand magical musketeer-Desperado in column 2, which destroys one card on the field and I'll choose your knight of flames, and since I activated Desperado in the same column as Caspar I get to add any Magical Musketeer card from my hand and I'll add Magical Musketeer-crooked crown and activated it in column 1, and what this does is I get to special summon any Magical Musketeer monster from my hand and I'll special summon Magical Musketeer Doc in atk mode in column 4."
(Magical Musketeer Doc 1400atk/1200def)
"I now attack you directly with Magical Musketeer Starfire and Doc." Whatever that spell or trap card is it won't help him, not while I have magical musketeer last stand in my hand, which negates any spell or trap card on the field. Noah said in his thoughts as his 2 monsters fired there guns at Raikri.

Willow's eyebrow raised as this Ra Yellow initiated a duel and activated a card that could potentially be game winning. Thankfully she had a counter for cards like that in her deck, but she didn't know if Noah had one. Then again, she didn't really need to worry about him given he got out three monsters on turn one and destroyed his opponent's monster. "Aggressive as always. Do you by any chance have a counter against that trap? It could be, oh I don't know, Mirror Force or something?" She asked her fellow Slifer Red before looking back at the duel.

"Alright then, I activate a trap card, Negate Attack," he said as a shield came up in front of him to halt the progress of the musketeers' bullets. "Also, in case you have a card to counter that, I have a card for just that. Snatch Steal. It allows me to use any one card on your side of the field to my advantage. I'm just going to assume you had a card to counter, is that right?" Raikiri asked, looking back up at his opponent.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Noah smiled. "In fact I do, I activate the Trap card from my hand Magical Musketeer-Last Stand in column four, when my opponent activates a spell or trap card I can negate it, so your Trap is gone and my monsters are free to attack without any worries, and Magical Musketeer Doc effect activates and I get a card back from my graveyard and I'll add Desperado."
Noah said as his monsters bullets broke through the shield and hit their mark.
"I end my turn there."
(Noah LP: 4000 Cards in Hand: 3)
(Raikiri LP: 3200 Cards in Hand: 3)

Last edited:
"Nice move, though I should've guessed you had a counter to that." Willow complimented Noah, but a cinder of agitation stirred inside of her. She knew Noah was good, but it irritated her to see just how good he was and how easily his deck allowed him to grab a hold of the duel and never let it go whilst she struggled to get as much as a foothold against the newcomer. I knew I should've gone with the Ancient Gear deck when I had the choice. Clenching her fist, she pulled out her own deck and began sifting through it to calm down. Laquari, Bestiari, Hoplomus, Spartacus, Secutor, Dimacari, Alexander, Heraklinos and everyone else. I promise you all that I will give you all the time to shine.

Raikiri realized his simple mistake immediately-he had overlooked the fact that his opponent would still be able to attack. "Whatever. It's my turn, and I activate a continuous spell: Burden of the Mighty. It lowers your monster's ATK by 100x their level. So now, I can play Time Thief Winder and equip a Sword of Deep-Seated. Now, your Starfire looks like easy prey, so I will attack it, after applying the correct measures, of course," he said as he laid a card face-down.
(Noah LP: 2600)

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Noah sighed with disappointment as he played a card right when Time thief Winder attacked. "my monster is not going anywhere, I play the quick-play spell card Magical Musketeer Cross Domination in column 2, it negates your effects and turns your attack points to zero and we all know what happens when me or you activated a spell or trap card in the same column has my monsters like Casper, I'll add my continuous trap card Magical Musketeers Fiendish Deal."
Noah said as Starfire gunned down Time thief winder.
(Noah LP: 4000)
(Raikiri LP: 1700)
"I shouldn't say this, but I'll get this out of the way, you're not going to beat me like this. It may have worked with your past opponents, but trying to defeat me with high attacking monster is not going to work on an opponent like me, so end your turn so I can finish this duel, honestly this was a waste of my time." Noah looked at Willow for a sec before speaking.
"Senpai, next guy we see your dueling them, I want to see what you can do at your fullest." Noah said as he smiled and turned his attention back towards the duel.

Willow raised her head and looked at Noah before putting her deck away. "Fine by me, I need to blow off some steam anyway and show you what I am capable of. You beat me too fast for me to draw the right cards for an amazing combo. Once I get it rolling, you better have a place to hide because it ain't stopping. Now, let's see if you can beat your personal record of turns taken in a match." She flashed a grin as Noah received a thumbs up from the second year Slifer Red student.

Alex smiled at his opponents move,
"my turn, I draw and now I activate the effect of m shard of greed. because its been on my field for two turns I can send it to the graveyard to draw two new cards.” Alex smiled at his new cards
“I summon Trap reactor Y-FI in attack position. I then set a face down card and attack with Leo!”

@Captain Cardboard

Last edited:
"Heh. This fight ain't going anywhere yet. Let's see what you can muster up to this, buddy. I play Time Thief Regulator, and since I control no other monsters, I can activate his effect. I can summon two Time Thief cards from my deck in Defense Position, so I choose two Time Thief Bezel Ships (4 stars, 1000 ATK, 2000 DEF).

Last edited:

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Noah sighed. "My turn, I draw."
Noah drew from his deck.
"First off I play the trap card Desperado from my hand in column 3, which out Target one of your Bezel ships destroying it, and now Starfire allows me to summon a Magical Musketeer card, and I'll get Magical Musketeer Mastermind calamity."
(Magical musketeer calamity 1500atk/1300def level 4)
"Now because I can't attack over your monster because of burn the mighty because of my monsters levels, I'm just make a monster without levels, I overlay magical musketeer Starfire and calamity and form the overlay Network, come to the field Blade Armor Ninja."
(Blade Armor Ninja 2200atk/1000def rank 4)
"I now activate Blade Armor Ninja effect, by using one overlay unit he can now attack twice and so I'll attack your Bezel ship and destroy it."
Noah said as Blade Armor Ninja destroyed Raikiri last monster leaving him open.
"Finally Blade Armor Ninja and Magical Musketeer Doc will attack you directly and end this duel."
(Noah LP: 4000)
(Raikiri LP:2300-2200-1400=0)

Raikiri looked up. "Thanks kid. That was a simple test of your ability. I didn't want to have any doubts, so I was going to leave myself open to see if you would take advantage of it, and your whole strategy was advantages." He got up and started walking back to his dorm. "Just to be clear, there WILL be a next time, got that?"

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Noah scoffed at the idea.
"Yeah right, like I ever waste my time dueling you again." Noah said as he walked away from the Ra yellow student.
"Senpai let's explore a little bit more, I want to see what obelisk blue has to offer."
Noah said as the two walked off to the obelisk blue dorm.
"Senpai, I don't want you to lose, so I want you to bring your A-game if these obelisk you keep mentioning are the so-called best got it? Because if you do lose, I get to flick you on the forehead, Deal?"
Noah said the smirk on his face.

"Look, I am a second year Slifer Red. Even if I get Heraklinos on the field, it is not a guarantee that I win. They're Obelisk Blue for a reason, I doubt that they got in there because their parents bought them a spot. And that is only if they even want to duel me." Feeling nervous at the idea of dueling an Obelisk Blue, Willow rubbed her arm. "My dignity will already take a heavy blow from losing to Obelisk Blue, do you really need to rub it in with a forehead flick?" she questioned.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Noah smiled as he plce his arm around Willows shoulder.
"You're surely going to lose if you keep having that attitude, I much prefer your adorable cheerful attitude, have some confidence in yourself otherwise you're not going to move up in the dorms, the only person preventing you from succeeding is you, but I believe in you and I'm sure you can beat some Rich boy."
Noah finished as he removed his arm from Willows shoulder and did a small thumbs up towards her.

Willow chuckled hollowly. "Watch my opponent be a rich girl." Ignoring the comment that Noah preferred her 'adorable' cheerful attitude, she kept moving. This kid was not even around for a day yet he already seemed to be hitting on her, but she felt obliged to return the thumbs up. If only she could draw the right cards, she might stand a chance. But what if someone else used a Magical Musketeer deck like Noah? Then she'd get demolished again, and that would be an injury to her self-esteem she couldn't really use after getting beaten by this newbie.

The large lion-like Beast rushed towards her face-down monster, which flipped up to reveal a woman in black with a glowing energy sword in a defensive position. Leo swatted D.D. Warrior Lady, who let out a cry as she flew back. But before she burst into pixels, a portal appeared and swallowed her up. Tracy pointed at Alex.
"D.D. Warrior Lady's effect activates! When she battles a monster, I can banish both the monster she's battling and D.D. Warrior Lady!" Tracy exclaimed. Having called out that effect, Tracy turned her attention to Trap Reactor Y FI. She'd never seen that monster before... but sure didn't like the sound of the name. Still, it only had 800 attack points. And with a name like Trap Reactor, Tracy wasn't sure she wanted to risk activating her Dimension Wall Trap if it attacked her.

@Frontier Master

The large Machine Monster rushed towards Tracy, and for a moment time seemed to slow. Tracy stood as if paralyzed over her duel disk. Activate the Trap Card? Don't activate the Trap Card? Trap Reactor Y FI answered the question for her, reaching Tracy and hitting her. Her Life Points fell once again, hanging dangerously low at a small 100 Life Points. But it didn't matter. She was still here. The monsters had attacked already, and her turn was coming up once again. And when it did, Necroface would be in her hand and she would turn this duel around.
"Is... Is that it?" Tracy called over to Alex, a fire of determination still in her eyes.
"Stay strong, Tracy!" Dahlia called from the sidelines. The Obelisk Blue student looked over to Alex. He was strong, very strong. While he wasn't wearing a uniform and his duel disk was custom, it was clear that this 'X' guy belonged in Obelisk Blue.

Tracy let out a breath, the drew a card from her deck.
"C'mon, Gren Maju..." Tracy muttered before looking down at the card. Unfortunately, it was not Gren Maju da Eiza. It was the Spell Card Dimensional Fissure. A powerful card, but not the best for this situation. Tracy let out another breath before looking back up to Alex.
"As you probably know, it's been two Standby Phases since I've activated Golden Sarcophagus. That means I can add my banished Necroface to my hand." Tracy said. As she spoke, a Golden Sarcophagus rose from the ground with a rumble. A card flew out of it, and back to Tracy's hand.

Tracy placed a Spell Card onto her Duel Disk. There was an unusual tearing sound, and with some blasts of lightning a hole seemed to appear in the air between the two duelists. Through the hole, only an unusual dark purple landscape could be seen.
"I just activated Dimensional Fissure. This card makes it so that any monster sent to the Graveyard is banished instead." Tracy called over to Alex. "And now, I'll summon Necroface!"

In a glow of light, the unnerving baby-faced tentacle monster appeared. The moment it arrived on the field, it let out a powerful screech that seemed to resonate with the Dimensional Fissure.
"When Necroface is Normal Summoned, it's effect activates! All banished cards are shuffled back to the deck, then Necroface gains 100 attack points for each card returned to the main deck that way." Tracy said, pointing at Alex once again. "And I've been keeping track! 3 of your Abyss Stungray were banished by my Nobleman, then your Galaxy Cyclone, then five of your cards that were banished by Necroface. As for me, I had 10 card banished by Pot of Desires, then 5 from Necroface (minus one for Golden Homunculus), then D.D. Warrior Lady. That makes a boost of 2400 Attack points to Necroface, making its total attack 3600!"
As Tracy explained this, Necroface seemed to grow larger and larger.
"It's not as strong as my Golden Homunculus, but it can still pack a punch!" Tracy called over to Alex.

Feeling a bit more confident now, Tracy pointed to Trap Reactor Y FI.
"Now, Necroface! Attack that Trap Reactor!" Tracy commanded.

@Frontier Master

Alex smiled as the monster begun to bear down upon his Trap Reactor. A moment before impact a large gold shield appeared between the two monsters.
"It seems you have activated my Intrigue shield, not only is my trap reactor not destroyed but I also don't take any damage from any battles involving it." Necroface returned to Tracy's field "Are you ready to end your turn and accept your fate yet Tracy?"

@Captain Cardboard

Tracy grimaced as the Intrigue Shield blocked Necroface's attack. Every maneuver she tried, every technique she used, this guy seemed to be countering her at every turn. But still, this duel wasn't over yet. Necroface was still on the field with his 3600 attack, and that was nothing to sneeze at. Then again, she had thought the same about her Golden Homonculus. And this guy had taken it out right in one turn. In her gut, Tracy felt the terrible sinking feeling. The same sinking feeling that she would feel towards the ends of her duels with Dahlia...
"I end my turn." Tracy said, a tinge of disappointment in her voice.

@Frontier Master

'Very good, I draw, first I summon Speedroid double yoyo, its effect then allows me to special summon red-eyed dice from my graveyard, next I activate red-eyed dice's effect to raise it to a level two I then synchro summon Hi-speedroid kendama." Alex smiled to himself all he had to do was activate kendama's effect to end this duel. “By Banishing one card from my graveyard I can inflict 500 damage to your life points looks like this is over Tracy”

Last edited:

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Noah looked ahead of him to see 2 Obelisk blues and another Ra yellow, with the Ra and Obelisk dueling each other. "I guess you're right that your opponent will be a girl, seems that the only one that's not dueling is the other girl watching those two."
Noah said as he pulled out his magical musketeer deck and put it in a different holster while pulling a different deck out.

Last edited:
Willow gulped. "Are you sure we should be doing this? This could be over in three turns, possibly even less." She was nervous, and with good reason. Obelisk Blue was the dorm with the best duelists of the island, how was a Slifer Red supposed to put up a fight against them? The irony of the situation didn't pass her by though, an user of Gladiator Beasts being too scared to duel.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Noah glance at Willow.
"What happened to all that confidence earlier, I thought you said once you start Rollin there's no stopping you.
Just because we're Slifers doesn't mean they're unbeatable, and besides if you do win you get to brag about it to the whole school." Noah said with a slight chuckle.
"Just imagine, a Slifer red second-year manages to beat a obelisk blue and shows the entire school that we're not people to be underestimated." Noah quietly said into her ear.

Willow looked at Noah with downcast eyes. "That goes both ways, because I am rolling up a mountain in that duel. And if I don't win, I become the laughing stock of the academy." Rubbing her arm, she glanced at her deck. Her cards always fought, regardless of the opponent. They didn't back down when facing Noah, maybe she should do the same? Closing her eyes and letting out a deep sigh, Willow renewed her vigor. "Fine. But don't come complaining that I lost. And no whispering in my ear, respect my personal space."

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Noah had an unamused look on his face right before he sighed.
"You were so cheerful earlier though senpai, but now you're all gloomy and it's starting to put me down to-."
Suddenly Noah stopped mid-sentence just as he realized something and looked at Willow with slight worry. "Senpai? We're you bullied cuz your a Slifer by the other students last year?"

Last edited:
Tracy's shoulders sank as Alex Syncho summoned once again. While its stats weren't as high as Necroface's, it undoubtedly had some sort of very powerful effect. And sure enough, Alex activated it's effect. The monster shot a beam of energy towards the Ra Yellow, striking Tracy and reducing her Life Points to zero. As the holograms vanished, Tracy looked down in shame. That was a painful duel. It had been a while since Tracy hadn't even been able to deal damage to someone.
"Good... good duel." Tracy said, clearly a little upset that she had lost so completely. Not noticing the two Slifer Red students that had been watching the duel, Dahlia quickly ran over to her friend and put an arm around her.
"Hey, it's okay. You did good." Dahlia said to Tracy before shooting an angry glare back at Alex.

@Frontier Master

"And that my young Ra's and Slifers is the difference between you and duelists like myself, the ones worthy of time and space. Obelisk blues" with the word blue, Alex pulled a blue lanyard from his back pocket. "You never had a chance Tracy, duel me again when you're actually worth my time. Until you wear blue you all are worthless duelists" with that final burn Alex turned and started to wander his way back to the Obelisk Blue dorm

"I...kinda made a scene of myself by saying I could be in Ra Yellow or even Obelisk Blue, but quickly got put in my place. So yeah, I am pretty hesitant on fighting an Obelisk Blue. Ra Yellow, I am confident enough that I can at least put up a fight, but not Obelisk Blue." Willow admitted to Noah. "I was never bullied, I made sure of that. I can fight in more ways than just with cards."

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Noah sighed. "If you told me that sooner I wouldn't have pressure you into doing this, but if you don't want to then we can just head back to the dorms and prepare for school tomorrow." Noah yawned before glancing at the two female students.
"Willow, give me one second I'll be right back."
Noah said as he walked towards the two female students and looked at the Ra student.
"Don't worry about anything he said, he probably got pampered until he was sent here, and just need someone to knock him down a peg. Also losing doesn't mean you're worthless, just means there's room to improve and better your skill."
Noah extended his hand towards the female Ra student.
"My name is Noah, Slifer red first year, and you miss?"

@Captain Cardboard

Last edited:
Dahlia looked at Alex as he walked away, shocked that he would say such a thing. She began to walk after him, planning to give him a piece of her mind, when Tracy grabbed her arm. Looking back at her friend, Dahlia watched as Tracy shook her head.
"It's okay." Tracy said. Dahlia was about to object when they were approached by another student. A Slifer Red boy with short, gray hair. Tracy glanced over in surprise when he began talking to her.
"Um... Hello. I'm Tracy." Tracy said, taking Noah's hand and shaking it. "Uh... Thank you."

Dahlia glared at the Slifer Red. It wasn't that she was angry at Noah, she was just still upset over what had transpired. Dahlia hated people like that guy, X as he called himself. The guy had approached them, acting all nice before suddenly changing! Not to mention, he wasn't dressed like an Obelisk Blue at all, yet he had the gall to brag about how great he was? He knew that Tracy was a new Ra, and yet... oooh, just the thought of the situation was making Dahlia red in the face.
"Next time I see that guy, I might just punch him instead of challenging him to a duel." Dahlia growled, looking in the direction Alex had walked in.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Noah smiled. "Well then, it's nice to meet you Tracy I hope you climb up the ranks and become a great duelist." Noah glanced at Dahlia. "I have a request for you, do you mind dueling a classmate of mine? She's right over there." Noah said as he pointed at Willow. "She's a bit nervous about dueling an obelisk blue, but I want her to gain some confidence in her skills. I tried dueling her myself, but not only did I win, but she didn't managed to lay a single attack on me and I think I may have made it worse, so if you could do this for me I shall do the same and do a requests for you." Noah said as he bowed his head towards Dahile.