• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy RP Discussion

Should we allow illegal cards?

• Yes

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, I know for me I just do it like a Pokemon Battle. Sometimes I have my character draw what they need, sometimes I don't. I find that using an app makes it less like the show, which is what I try to have my characters emulate.
Yeah I understand that but in a pvp type setting you could abuse that and almost always win. With a fur hire deck you could get a 2800atk, a 2500atk, a 2800df, 1000atk, and a 500atk monster on the field your first turn, plus the 500 one’s ability is to destroy a face up opposing card and the 1000 one’s ability is to destroy a face down card, the 2800df can negate spells and traps, and the 2800atk can negate monster effects

Yeah, I know. But you're the one writing. If your deck is that strong, you may want to reconsider and have your character use a deck that is more fitting of GX era characters. It's like in Pokemon Battles, even though you could write that your Pokemon makes 5 different attacks in one turn, you don't because that wouldn't be kosher. You get what I'm saying?

If you really want to, you could use an app like Ygodeck to make it random. I'm just saying there's an alternative that gives you slightly more control.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Name: Tobias Kodai
Height: 5’0
Personality: On the quiet side, Tobias is an intellectual, preferring to watch and observe, gathering intel on things around him before acting. He has a knack for history, and can recount ancient texts and poems from memory.

Hard to offend, he often creeps others out due to his nature of staring deeply at people and stying near the shadows. He was once thought to be some sort of evildoer due to this odd creeping behavior....

Appearance: he is dressed in an rusted orange scarf that covers his mouth and wraps around his neck. His hair is pointed at the front but smooth back into a ponytail that’s hidden underneath his hoodie.

His hoodie is black with white highlights racing down the sides. Most, if not all students wear their student colors, he wears his, though his jacket is tied around his waist. Although he still wears the jeans of the uniform. He has piercing yellow eyes and one glove emblazoned with an ancient Rune.

Class: Ra Yellow.
Year: First
Signature Card: Guardian Sphinx, ATK: 1700. Def: 2400. Stars: *****

As far as some cards in his deck...

Golem Sentry X3 (level 4)
Gravy Ohja (level 4)
Guardian Statue (level 4)
Giant Soldier of stone (level 4)
Moai Interceptor Cannons (level 4)
Medusa Worm (level 2)
Stone Statue of the Aztecs (level 4)
Burden of the mighty (spell)
Continuous destruction punch (Spell)

It was one of my characters, Tracy, that lost to an Obelisk Blue in-RP. Willow mentioned that she lost to an Obelisk Blue during her first year though. I think. I don't know if she spoke it out loud lol

Ah! that’s where the confusion came in. Sorry about that, the details start to mix up a little if you read the whole Rp in 20 minutes lol