• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Yu-Gi-Oh: Game of Masks

Cal stepped forward and took the next disk. The one he chose had a silver core with a dark blue neon. Cal carefully slid his old one up on his arm and put the new one in place. "No offence, but I prefer my old one. Made it myself." He said about his old one. The strap for the disk was silver as well, and as Cal attached it the deck holder came out. He slid in his deck before locking it in place. The new disk seemed strange, off. "Kaiba, where is the Dimension Tech then?" He asked the senior duelist. "We don't have alot of time."

"Heh heh. Gear." Sebastian said, recalling what G.K.'s deck type was. Calypso elbowed him. Hard. "Ow." Sebastian yelped, rubbing his arm. Calypso then choose a dark blue one with a light blue core, but decided to keep her old one on hand. Sebastian had a similar idea, except he picked a red one with a green core while keeping his old one on hand.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Nate grabbed a duel disk with a black core and an light red neon. "Huh? I expected it to be heavier, I guess?" Nate said as he put his deck inside the duel disk. " Yo guys what do you think we should call this evil organization because we can't just keep calling it that, otherwise it would just get old and what exactly are we trying to do in the spirit world again?"

Shadi smiled as he picked a gold one with black core. “Whoa this duel disk is way better than mine” Shadi thought to himself as he took a deep breath. He place the Duel Disk on his left arm while he kept studying it for any information. “Man I could really use this” Shadi said as he place his deck into the Duel Disk.

Pro Hero Dekiru

Previously Battle Legend G.K.
Kaiba crossed his arms. "I don't care what we call them. They'll always be worthless freaks. The Dimension Tech is in my headquarters. That chopper will take us to the airport." He pointed to a silver helicopter with the logo "KC" on the side. "From there, we will fly to the elevator. Once we're in KC HQ, We'll fire up the technology and take off for the Spirit World. Once you put on the Duel Disks, they automatically scan your body, sending information on your exact size and shape to the computer in my headquarters, where it begins producing a suit that stabilizes your body, allowing you to survive in almost any reality. Once you all arm yourselves, we'll head for the airport."
G.K. clenched his left fist, and boarded the helicopter. Joey, Yugi, and even Tristan got their own Duel Disks, inserting their Decks.
G.K. stuffed his Deck into his Duel Disk. "Perfect."
Kaiba's eye looked in G.K.'s direction. "What are you on about now?"
"That's what we'll call them. They're Freaks. Their masks. Their Duel Disks. Their personalities and goals. Their whole freaking agenda. They're just a bunch of Freaks. And that's what we'll call them."
He looked back at everybody.
"What do you say we put those Freaks where they belong?"

“Geuss I’ll take this on” Kuro said and took a Blue one with a red core “I’d say it be the right thing to do!” He said putting his deck inside his duel disk, he thought the disk matched his coloring and put his duel disk on his left arm and put the other behind his back pocket, this really excited him because he felt he was going to get the chance to face strong enemy’s.

Shadi started to wonder “hang on if those Freaks could turn people into then maybe...” He couldn’t think anymore as he started to fall to his knees. Tears started to fall down Shadi cheeks as he tried to hold in his sadness “Mom...please be ok” He told himself.

Pro Hero Dekiru

Jet nodded at everybody, who were outfitted with Duel Disks to match their personalities.
Kaiba closed the case and handed it to Mokuba.
"Take one for yourself and get on the helicopter. Have the autopilot set for the airport."
Kaiba stepped onto the chopper, not even looking at G.K., who was standing in the doorway.
"It's time to get on, everybody. Let's show those Freaks who's boss."

"Aye!" Sebastian said. He jumped into the helicopter, practically knocking over G.K. "Geez Sebastian. You could've at least waited for him to get in instead of practically bowling him over." Calypso said. She turned to G.K. "Sorry about that."

Shadi took a step as, he wiped the tears from his cheeks. “Alright I’m ready” Shadi told himself as, he walked over to the helicopter before he stopped and helped G.K. up. “Be careful ok” Shadi said as he hopped into the helicopter “be ready freaks” Shadi added as he took a deep breath.

Pro Hero Dekiru

G.K. brushed the bits of asphalt off of him. "Yeah, I'm good."
He put his puzzle back on. "Let's do this."
He turned back as the spirit of Atem walked onto the chopper with him.
He climbed onto the vehicle as Atem whispered something into his ear. G.K. nodded, activating his Duel Disk. He watched as nanotechnology swept over his hand, better securing the strap, enlarging the primary piece, and developing two angular halves that connected, creating a sleek, modern look with glowing stripes and card slots. It all solidified, becoming dark, metallic, sleek and glossy. This all happened in no less than five seconds.
DUEL DISK ONLINE.
Atem had whispered something G.K. had already knew.

A fight was coming.

Calypso followed, climbing onto the chopper. She activated her Duel Disk. She then glanced at Sebastian, who had already activated his. 'These coming duels will most likely be ones I can't afford to lose.' Calypso thought.

Shadi sighed as he pulled out a pocket book and began to read it. “Chapter 1: Learning the basic on Dueling, Every Duelist should have a deck with them at all times” Shadi read to himself as, he started to fall asleep. “I got to stay awake” Shadi told himself before he doze off.

Pro Hero Dekiru

G.K. sat down and opened his backpack. He pulled out a binder, which contained his Duel Monsters Cards. He pulled something out of his Deck that he didn't know he had; the card that he had used to cream that masked Freak; one that he didn't know he still had. The card was Berzerker Soul; the card that the Freak had given him in order to activate Graceful Tear.
"Not giving this back," he muttered, sliding the card into the binder. "Dummy."
But that Freak was smarter than they thought; on that card was a small device, glowing and beeping.

“We all have a dream” a small voice whispered “but...for you I don’t believe anymore” the voice added. Shadi opened his eyes as, he found himself in a small Golden room with a table and two chairs facing each other. The Millennium Scale appear on the table with a single white feather alongside it. “What is this” Shadi asked himself as, he took a seat on one of The chairs.
“It is time for Judgement” The voice said as, he man appeared in the other chair facing Shadi with a blank expression.

Pro Hero Dekiru

G.K. stood up. "I'm due for a talk with Atem. Is there a private room where I can be alone or something?"
Kaiba smirked. "There's a small private room in the back. Tell the big guy that when this is over, I want a duel."
G.K. stood up. Atem took over for a split second, speaking in G.K.'s body. His bodyremained the same, but his voice was different. He walked to the door in the back.
"I expected as much, Kaiba," he said, closing the door behind him. G.K. pulled up a small desk, sitting on it cross-legged. He closed his eyes and began to focus.

Shadi became shocked to the sound of being Judge by some stranger he just met. “Alright bring it on...um what’s your name?” Shadi asked the stranger.
“I will tell you afterwards young one” The Stranger said as he face Shadi “It’s time for a Shadow Game” He added.
Shadi took a deep breath as he sank into his seat “a Shadow Game what’s that? He asked himself.
“Question 1: you find a wallet on the sidewalk with the persons ID in it what will you do” The Stranger asked.

Pro Hero Dekiru

Before he dozed off, G.K. could feel the chopped ignite, spinning away into the sky, after everyone had boarded.
G.K. stood before Atem, who's back was turned.
"About time you figured that out. How did you learn how to contact me?"
"You're a part of me now, so I assumed that I just needed to focus. Where are we?"
"This is the inside of the Millennium Puzzle. It's quite barren at times."
"Huh. Didn't expect it to be so blue."
They stood in a seemingly infinite void, where the floor, the horizon, and the sky was colored a deep azure, seeming to grow darker with increasing and decreasing altitude. There was no light, and no reflection; yet G.K. could see perfectly. It looked as if there was no floor at all; yet he could feel it. It was perfectly smooth; possibly even smoother than the face of the planet; pure level.
"This is not the true Puzzle. However, it's easier to contact others here. Now then. What is it you're here for?"
"Do you know exactly what we're up against?"
Atem looked up, then back. "I can barely grasp it myself."
"That bad, huh?"
"Yes. We have several cards that pose a small threat. However, they pose a small threat and nothing more."
"What cards would they be?"
"Well, your friend possesses the Claw of Hermos. Yugi has the Eye of Timaeus. And I have something that nobody can know about."
"You can tell me, right?"
"I suppose. I have two of the three Egyptian God Cards. When I returned to the world, so did they."
"Which ones?"
"I have Slifer the Sky Dragon and the Winged Dragon of Ra."
"What happened to the third one? What was it called... Ebolisk?"
"Obelisk the Tormentor. I don't have it, but I know where it is."
"Where is it?"
"The less people that know, the better. So I'm sorry, but..."
"I get it. So, of all of the people to find the Puzzle, why me? If you were inside of it, it can't be by pure luck that somebody finds it."
"You are smart. You see, I;m sure you've heard the basic legend of the Puzzle."
"Yeah. If you can put it together, you get one wish."
"Your wish was the same as Yugi's. You were both naive, new, and lacked friendship; something you both desired. Those who want the Puzzle for pure intentions of the wish deserve the power to change the world. Exactly what we need right now."
"Another world-changer."
"Exactly. Now, I can't reveal the Egyptian God Cards just yet. If anybody finds out we have them, we'll be revieving challenges for them left and right."
"I heard on the news that after the Battle City tourney, people swarmed the Game Shop begging for a shot at the God Cards."
"Exactly."
"Now one more thing."
"Go ahead."
"What do you mean when you said, A fight is coming?"
Atem sighed. He turned around, placing a hand on G.K.'s head. G.K. saw something tens of miles away. It was another copter, with four of the masked men. There was a fifth, who G.K. didn't recognize However, he wore a horned mask that curled around his head.
"Who is..."
"I don't know. Right now, we need to discuss a battle strategy."
"What have you got?

By this point Calypso had stopped fiddling with her Cat Shark keychain. She was now looking at the cards in her deck. The whole time her mind was on one thing. Why had she sensed that ancient and powerful presence from the puzzle when she touched it?

Kuro couldn’t help but feel anxious, he saw the pharaoh for the first time as if his spirit was there but wasn’t at the same time. He took out a card, his bahamut shark “where are you......father” he let his thoughts run through him after his own question.

Pro Hero Dekiru

After a few minutes, G.K. came back into reality. He nodded, as a response to Atem's plan. He got some things ready. He reached into his backpack, pulling out a few devices. He closed the window of the door, sealing himself off from the rest of the vehicle. He kicked open the locked compartments of the copter, which were all labeled "Extra Parts".
He dumped his supplies on the table. He opened his toolbox, taking out a pair of high-tech goggles he had made for enhancing the quality and frame rate of the Duel Monsters holograms. Next, he took out a roll of electrical tape and a souvenir laser-pointer which had a pencil inside of it.
He pulled the mechanical pencil out, cracking off the exterior plates of the comical tool. He worked quickly, taking some focusing lenses and stuffing them into the device, pulling out some miniature batteries to enhance the power. When he finished about four and a half minutes later, he had a laser pointer. However, if you flipped the lever that connected it to the batteries, you now had a laser pointer that could temporarily mark somebody's retinas with a blinding laser beam of light in less than twenty seconds. He taped it to his goggles, starting to work on those.
He tapped into the program that told you what card hologram you were looking at, giving it some upgrades. Now it could focus on eyes like a targeting system. Next, he climbed up to the roof, pulling some wires out of the security camera. He connected it to his KaibaCorp phone, and pulled up the footage of everybody in the other room. He registered everybody's faces and retina patterns into the goggles, registering them as "friendlies". He recalled Atem's words.
"We're now over the ocean; I'm sure you know Domino is fairly close to the coastline. There's an island not far from here; if we can get the helicopter to hover over the island, we can force our aggressors out of the vehicle and into the ocean without harm, and get them to swim to the island."
"How do we do that?" G.K. had asked.
"We have to stun them; but only temporarily. They may have cold hearts, but nobody truly deserves to be killed. We could possibly give them a minor annoyance as a distraction, or maybe even blind them." He had said this while looking as G.K.'s backpack.
"You're a genius," G.K. had replied.

Sebastian found himself in a strange place with various Duel Monsters about. "Child." a feminine voice said. "You have no clue what we are up against." Sebastian turned around to look for the source of the voice. His eyes eventually landed on a familiar figure. "Yubel." Sebastian said. Yubel nodded. "Where are we?" Sebastian asked. "This is the Spirit World." Yubel replied. "Do not worry, you are not here for real. I am merely contacting you through your dream."

Pro Hero Dekiru

G.K. kicked open the rest of the compartments, rubbing his leg, which had become a little sore.
"Are you alright?" asked the voice of Atem.
"I'm fine," G.K. spat, concentrating on the task at hand. He rummaged around in the compartment, looking for more parts. He pulled out some extra helicopter parts that resided in the tail. He didn't know that; and he didn't care. He could use them, and that was all that mattered.
"It doesn't seem like you're okay."
"I'm fine, I just need to focus on taking them down."
"You're acting more serious than usual. More stern than you were dueling Cas--"
He slammed the motor on the table, cracking open his KaibaCorp Duel Disk. He started to work, pulling on his goggles. "I was serious because I was scared. I'm even more scared than ever."
"Scared?"
"Castor was a sore loser. When I beat him, he threatened me. He threatened everyone in the area. With a knife. These guys look more serious than he was! They look tougher! What happens if I... I mean, we, don't beat them? What if they're sore losers like Castor? He had a freaking knife. What if these guys have knives too? What if..."
He lowered his voice so nobody could hear him, even if they were listening.
"What if these guys are packing more hardcore weapons?"
The ghostly figure of Atem appeared next to him, his eyes closed and his arms crossed.
"I understand that you're tense about this. Understand that you're not alone."
"I know that."
"Do you? You said, if "I don't beat them"."
"I said we."
"You didn't. Not at first."
G.K. buried his head in his hands. "Y-you're right. But in your time, you fought Duels you couldn't afford to lose every Tuesday. I just started this morning, and I already fought two. Four, if you include Joey and Kaiba.
"I get what you're telling me. I need to remember not to get to serious because of this."
He fixed his DuelDisk shut. He slid it onto his arm and powered it on.
The touch screen was now a light indigo, with images of gears slowly rotating in the corners. He slid his Deck back into it. The color of the glowing core was now a shimmering teal that had a gold-ish tint. An image of the head of Chaos Ancient Gear Giant was spray-painted onto the side.
"Even so, I can't afford to lose. Now, let's go over the battle plan a few more times."
"Understood. Now, first, we need to pull the helicopter over the island, high enough so that our enemies can survive the fall."
"Before or after we let our friends in on the danger?"
"After. This needs to happen as quickly as possible."
"Got it."
"And when they get here, this is what'll happen."

"I'm afraid you and your friends are being followed. The Freaks, as you call them, seem to have found a way to track you." Yubel said. Sebastian had a feeling that this had something to do with the duel he had overheard Atem talking about. "That's not good." Sebastian said. "That's an understatement." Yubel said.

Pro Hero Dekiru

G.K. thought over the plan. "Sounds good. But how do we get them off of the plane? There'll be five of them."
"I haven't gotten there yet. I leave that to you."
He disappeared before G.K. could say another word. G.K. had a plan.
"When you and Yugi fuse, do you take all control, or do you both have dominion over the body?"
"Usually, I take full possession. However, in our last Duel, we both took affect."
G.K. nodded. "With my mind power with the strength and strategy of an ancient Pharaoh..."
If Atem was there, he would have smiled. "Looks like there's another genius here."
G.K. opened the blade of his Duel Disk. "Nanotechnology. Harder than titanium, yet lighter."
Atem appeared behind him, his back turned. He smiled. "The perfect weapon.
G.K. nodded. He put it back on, igniting the full system. It turned online as the technology spread.
DUEL DISK ONLINE.
He put his Deck back into it. He hit some buttons, and the Life Point number appeared. 8000. Perfect.
"Now," G.K. thought. "I wait."
He sat down and began tinkering with the extra stuff.

"Is there anything I can do?" Sebastian asked Yubel. "I am not sure." Yubel replied. "For all we know, someone else has already sensed their presence and is formulating a plan. Whereas we have no plan." Sebastian groaned.