• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Yu-Gi-Oh: Game of Masks

Pro Hero Dekiru

Previously Battle Legend G.K.
Atem looked. "The Millennium Scale!"
Tristan stepped forward. "So how many are there that we know of?"
Atem thought about it. "We know that I have the Millennium Puzzle." He held it in his hand. "Next, the masked one we faced had the Millennium Ring."
Joey gasped. "You fought one of those mask-wearin' freak jobs?"
Atem nodded. "Well, actually, the other me did. I believe his name is G.K.."
Yugi did the math. "So the Scale makes three."
Atem nodded. "And the two out of three Legendary Dragons are also in our possession. With our situation, I wouldn't be surprised if they had the Fang of Critias already."
Atem turned to Shadi. "Tell me young man. How did you come across that scale?"

“Your attack won’t work, cause I cast mirror force! And thx to it say good bye to your Absolute Zero” kuro watched as the monster was destroyed by its own attack “too bad, I was hoping for something better” And he looked at his last facedown and thought “come on destroy my monster already!”

Calypso growled. "My turn. I draw!" She looked at the card she drew. "I activate the continuous spell Supply Squad. Once per turn, when one of my monsters is destroyed by battle or card effect, I can draw one card." She drew another card. Another Kuriboh. She still had Punch-in-the-Box and Magic Cylinder out. So hopefully she'd be ready to counter the next attack. "I end my turn."

“I draw!........this card, sorry for this cal, but I summon Hammer Shark and by leveling him down I summon my last boom shark and I fuse them to create Number 47: Nightmare Shark” Kuros voice gets a bit demonic “and Now I activate his Effect and By using one overlay unit I can select one of my monsters to attack you directly and that’s my Chaos Number 32: and his attack is 3000 and now I attack you directly with both my monsters!” Kuro turns around “and that’s game”

Calypso was unable to activate Magic Cylinder in time, leaving her vulnerable to the attack. She sighed. It was just as well. A little disappointed about not being able to summon another powerful monster or put her Kuribohs to good use, but other than that .... "Good game." Calypso said. She then looked at Atem. "It's an honor to meet you. Yugi has told me a lot about you."

Shadi sighed as he took a step back. “Sorry but I can’t tell you that for now” he said as he flashed a quick smile “I’m sure our paths will meet again” Shadi added while he started to walk home passing by Calypso on his way. “The great Pharaoh Atem...why do I know that name” Shadi asked himself as, he continued to make his way home.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
".........umm what? I'm really confused and I was gone for 5 minutes what the hell did I miss?"! Nate backed up away from Joey. "Yes I am the owner of Hermos." Nate said as he continued to back away from him.
"So G.K. or atem could you explain to us what we're up against please so we can get on with our lives.

Pro Hero Dekiru

Atem looked at the two of them. "Yes, I shall."
Tristan stepped up. "Hey Pharaoh, you sure it's safe to leave the Scale with that guy?"
Atem thought on it. "Perhaps for now. In time, we shall see. But for now, we need to discuss the task at hand. You see, these new masked fiends aren't your ordinary group of terrorists."
Even though G.K. couldn't be heard, he muttered, "Could've guessed that from the hoods and the masks."
Atem continued. "Over the years we have been together, Yugi, do you remember all of the trials we faced?"
Yugi nodded. "Of course. Ironically, they were some of the best years of my life."
"As the same for me. Somehow, this new masked force has not only harnessed the Millennium Items, but also found and enhanced the Seal of the Orichalcos."
Yugi gasped. "You have to be kidding!"
"No, I'm afraid not."
G.K. stepped up. "Hold on. What is this 'Orichalcos'?"
Atem crossed his arms. "To answer your question, G.K., the Orichalcos was a cult that stretched back thousands of years ago. Yugi, his friends and I battled them not too long ago. Their power was driven through the Seal of the Orichalcos, a Magic Field Card that encircled the two Duelists in a magic circle, where the one who had activated the card possessed the advantage. If you were to lose a Duel in the Orichalcos, you would lose your soul, with almost no hope of getting it back.
"Now, this new threat, if they succeed in obtaining the Millennium Items, along with the three Legendary Dragons, would be almost unstoppable. And not only that, but I have found that they trap and imprison their victims into the Spirit World. They have also used Kaiba's technology to plague the Spirit World by spreading the controling power of the Virtual World we were trapped in some time ago all over it. If they succeed, they will control not only our world, but the Spirit World. They have to be stopped."
"Hold on," G.K. interrupted. "What are we going to do with the Eye of Timaeus? I can't hold onto it."
Atem paused. "That is a good point, G.K.
Tristan knit his eyebrows. "What did he say?"
"He can't hold onto the Eye of Timaeus. It doesn't fit into his Deck; at least not enough so that he can properly use it."
Yugi stepped in. "But I can. Let me take Timaeus."
Atem nodded, handing Yugi the card.
"For now, we need a solid battle strategy. First, we need to take the Spirit World back. They draw power from the real monsters that reside there. If we sever the connection between here and the Spirit World, they shall stop turning people to stone after winning Duels, and every victim will be restored."

Cal stepped forward. "I have probably the best deck for quick battles. I can help you all with the spirit world." Cal's deck was made to hit hard and fast, summoning high damage monsters instantly. He might even be able to take on Yugi with it. "You might need me." Now unknown to everyone, Cal wore the Millennium Necklace as a Bracelet around his arm. "My win to lose ratio is about 7/8."

Pro Hero Dekiru

Atem nodded. "We'll need all of the help we can receive. Now, we must face the challenge of getting into the Spirit World."
G.K. got an idea. "What about Seto Kaiba?"
Atem was confused. "What about him?"
"We can use his Duel Dimension technology."
"Of course!" His face lit up. "If his technology can reach the Great Beyond, then it can surely reach the Spirit World!"
Joey knit his eyebrows. "Hold on. Who are we talking' about?"
"Kaiba's Duel Dimension technology. He crafted it for the sole purpose of jumping dimensions. He used it to reach the Great Beyond in attempt to Duel me. However, his technology faded out before our battle could finish. The Spirit World is much more stable than the Great Beyond; we can reach it much easier. But first, we need to find him."

Cal shrugged. "Finding him is the easy part. The hard part is gonna be getting the technology." He said while pointing to a sign on a nearby building. It read, 'Seto Kaiba's Kaiba-corp's new duel disk DX 78 live show performed by Seto Kaiba!' On it along with an image of the disk. "You two know him?"

Pro Hero Dekiru

Atem nodded. "We do. We have Dueled him before, and were victorious. At least, me and Yugi. I'm sure Kaiba will give us 'backstage passes' once he finds out that I'm back. Now. We need to get to Domino Square. Quickly! The show starts in an hour."
With that, Atem faded away, and G.K. took control.
"Let's go! Now!"

"Don't need to tell me twice." Calypso said. She nodded. "Lead the way." Meanwhile, a certain heterochromic brunette was standing outside by the doorway and had heard everything. Well, more like the important stuff that Atem had talked about. He had been waiting outside so that he wouldn't interrupt the conversation.

Pro Hero Dekiru

After about twenty minutes of walking, they finally reached the Square. Seto Kaiba was in the middle, while workers prepared the stage. His brother Mokuba and security kept fans and the press away from him as he barked orders to his men.
G.K. turned to everybody else. "Wait here. I got this."
Yugi knit his eyebrows. "You sure? There are a lot of spectators here. You'll blend in, just trying to shout his name He doesn't even know you..
G.K. nodded. "That's why I'm taking Joey."
Joey stepped back. "Ey, why me?"
"Not only do you know him, but your accent is easily recognizable. Not to mention your voice is fierce and loud. He's bound to recognize you."
Joey thought about it for a second, then grinned. "Huh. Well, you got dat right. C'mon. Let's go get Richboy's attention."
G.K. and Joey pushed their way through the crowd. Well, Joey did the pushing. Once they got to the front, Kaiba was about five feet away, but occupied with everything. G.K. nodded to Joey, who nodded in response. He cupped his hands around his mouth.
"Ey, Richboy! Over here!"
Kaiba turned to look at them. He approached, the gate standing between Kaiba and the two.
"Wheeler. Long time no see. Mind telling me what you and Junior here need?"
He had a sarcastic voice. G.K. looked him in the eyes, and took off his puzzle, shoving it in Kaiba's face.
"Atem wants a word with you."
His eyes widened, and he kneeled slightly, only to look G.K. in the eye.
"Is Yugi and his little gang here too?"
"Yeah."
"Good. Tell them we're going to talk. Meet me in the backstage area. This card will get you in."
He handed G.K. a backstage pass.
"Thanks."
"Don't mention it."
He started to walk away. "Mokuba, come on! We're going to have a talk with some people."
Before G.K. could leave, Kaiba turned around.
"Oh, and kid."
"What?"

"Bring your Deck. You're gonna need it."
As Kaiba walked away, G.K. and Joey ran back to meet with the others.

Last edited:
Sebastian had followed Calypso and the others. There was no way he was being left out of this. He was sure Calypso wouldn't mind. After all, they were friends. The brunette was silent for the time being. He glanced at Yugi, then Calypso. Sebastian probably stood out the most out of the group. His left eye was blue and his right eye was green.

Shadi entered his house as, he placed his Millennium Scale down on the coffee table. “Atem...huh this may be fun” Shadi thought to himself as he lay down on his couch. Shadi grabbed his deck before he shuffle it pulling out two of his most powerful cards “H&H the gods of both” Shadi said with a smile.

Pro Hero Dekiru

G.K. and Joey walked up to the rest of the group.
"So?" Tristan said, curious. "How did it go?"
"Atem was right," G.K. said, holding up the card. He gave us a backstage pass."
"What are we waiting' for?" asked Joey. "C'mon. Let's do this!"
They walked around the stage to the back, where Kaiba and Mokuba were waiting.
"Yugi." He said.
"Hello, Kaiba." Yugi answered.
"I can only assume you all need something. Why else would you be here when I'm about to start a show?"
G.K. nodded. "It's about the masked cult going around and turning people to stone."
"And you're going to tell me they're using magic, and are bent on world domination, and you need my help."
"Yeah... that pretty much sums it up."
"Okay."
Yugi knit his eyebrows. "You're going to agree, just like that?"
"I'm wasn't born yesterday, Yugi. After all I've seen, I can tell when something serious is going on. I'll help your little group again. On one condition."
"What's that?" G.K. asked nervously.
"I want to see what it is that the Pharaoh sees in this kid. So he's going to show me."
"How?"
"I told you to bring your Deck. To take a guess, kid."
G.K. gulped. "You... want to duel... me?"
"Is there a problem with that?"
"N-no, it's just that you're Seto Kaiba, one of the region--"
"One of the Regional Champions of this country. So was the Pharaoh. Now do you want my help, or not?"
G.K. turned back at Yugi, who gave him a confident thumbs up. G.K. nodded.
"Okay. I'll Duel you."
"Good. Now hand your Puzzle over to one of your friends. Atem isn't helping you."
The closest one next to him was the girl who was with Yugi, Joey, and Tristan. He was pretty sure her name was Calypso.
He took the Puzzle off of his neck and offered it to her. "Could you hold this for a while?"

"Um, sure." Calypso said. She carefully took the puzzle from G.K. As soon as the puzzle came into contact with her, she sensed an ancient and powerful presence. No doubt having something to do with Atem. 'Hello Pharaoh.' Calypso thought.

Shadi stood up as he turned the television on. Shadi watch the announcement as, the could hear people cheer in the crowd. “Seto Kiba....he looks...familiar“ Shadi said to himself as,he place his deck on his table and walked over to his room. Shadi sat down on his work bench before he open a drawer and pulled out a helmet “time to get back to work” he said as he grabbed a screwdriver and began to work.

Pro Hero Dekiru

Atem responded. "Hello Calypso."
G.K. followed Kaiba into the room. He turned to them.
"Don't worry. You all will get to watch the kid Duel. But through there."
He pointed to a wall that separated the backstage room from the outside, and pressed a button. It turned into a window.
"That's a one-way mirror. You all will watch and see the game that goes on, but we won't hear you. Doubt there will be anything to watch after I win. Mokuba, you'll stay out here with everybody else. Make sure nobody gets in. You know who to call if things get... out of hand."
He nodded. "You got it, bro."
G.K. took one last look at everybody. Joey flashed him a big smile with a thumbs up. Yugi simply smiled and nodded.
G.K. took a deep breath as the door closed.

The backstage area was bare, holding some boxes, extra lights, and some backdrops.
"Let's make this quick," Kaiba said. "I still have my show."
G.K. couldn't hear Atem's voice in his head. "There's no room in here."
"Indeed. It's sad, we won't get to use Duel Disks for our first Duel. But don't worry. There will probably be nothing to see."
Kaiba slammed a button on the wall. A small table erupted from the ground in front of them. Two chairs showed up. They were sleek and modern. G.K. sat in one, while Kaiba sat in the other.
"I assume you know how to play table top style."
G.K. nodded.
"Good. Because this won't be ordinary."
Holographic slots appeared for the cards, Deck, and Extra Deck. They placed their cards in the proper slots. Two holographic screens showed up next to their faces. They both read, LP: 8000.
"I designed this table myself. Really adds a kick to just, placing cards down and moving them."
G.K. took five cards, as Kaiba did the same.
"I'll go first, if you don't mind." Kaiba said, in his trademark sarcastic voice. "When I first dueled the Pharaoh, it was somewhat like this. Now then. I summon Assault Wyvern."
As he placed the card onto the field, a mini holographic image of the dragon appeared on the card. It roared at G.K., though it was more quiet than a full-sized hologram.
"Then, I'll activate Pot of Greed." He drew two more cards. G.K. took a deep breath.
"I'll place one card face down. It's your move, kid."
G.K. drew a card, then carefully examined his hand. "I summon Ancient Gear Hunting Hound. Its Special Ability deals you 600 Life points of damage."
Kaiba watched as his LP fell to 7400. "Is that all?"
"No. It also lets me Fusion Summon Monster with cards from my hand and field. So I sacrifice my Ancient Gear, and my Ancient Gear Beast. I summon Ancient Gear Howitzer in Attack Mode! His effect causes you to take 1000 points of damage once each turn."
Kaiba's LP dropped again, now to 6400.
"Finally, I'll activate Mystical Space Typhoon. Your facedown is gone. Now, I'll place a card facedown and end my turn."
Kaiba didn't react. "I must say kid. You do have skill. Some skill."

"He's doing good so far. Hopefully he can keep it up." Calypso said, low enough so only those next to her could hear. Which would include Atem. She wondered why she had sensed that ancient and powerful presence. Was it because of her heritage? Or was it something else.

Shadi jumped from his seat in excitement as he yelled out “Eureka”. He fell back into his seat as,he pulled out a wire from his duel disk and hooked it into his helmet. “Finally the next evolution of dueling” Shadi thought to himself as he place the helmet on top of his head. He then grabbed both sides of the helmet before he slide the place to the center covering his face, while the visor slid down connecting to the faceplate.

Shadi Locked the front door to his house as he walked over to his car. “Alright Domino Square make way for Shadi” Shadi said to himself as, he entered his car and started the engine. Shadi drove off as he headed to Domino Square “I’m still wearing my helmet” he said as he kept on driving. Shadi parked his car as he got out and locked the car door. “I may look weird but oh well” Shadi said as,he may his way over to the door that led to the backstage. Shadi watched closely to make sure nobody was near as,he quickly enter the door seeing everyone from the card shop there.

Cal was standing, watching the battle as well. The girl being called Cal as well was starting to get on his nerves, having to pay attention to who is being adressed. "Agreed Nate. If this was me dueling, Kaiba would be on half health already. Doubt it is actually this easy anyways."

"Huh." Sebastian said. Calypso turned towards him. "Sebastian! What are you doing here?" she asked. "I decided to follow you guys." Sebastian replied. "How's he doing Calypso?" "He's doing good so far. He's taken out Kaiba's monster and his face down as well as deal him some damage."

Pro Hero Dekiru

Kaiba drew a card. "First, I Special Summon Alternative Blue-Eyes White Dragon from my hand, since I have a real Blue-Eyes beside it."
The towering monster with 3000 ATK points lumbered from the card.
"Next, I'll attack your little dog with my Assault Wyvern."
"I activate Mirror Force!"
"Huh, well I activate Dark Sacrifice. I discard Saggi the Dark Clown from my Deck to destroy that Trap Card. So long, you twisted little jester."
He tossed the card from his Deck, and it landed in the Graveyard.
Ancient Gear Hunting hound was destroyed, along with Ancient Gear Howitzer, as Kaiba attacked with Alternative Blue-Eyes.
G.K. looked quickly to his screen as he lost 2800 LP.
"And since Assault Wyvern destroyed one of your monsters by battle, I can tribute it to summon my real Blue-Eyes White Dragon. So I'll pummel you again, and place a facedown. Whatever it is the Pharaoh saw in you, I sure don't see it, kid."
One last attack dropped G.K. to a measly 2200 LP. And on Kaiba's SECOND turn, for cryin' out loud.
"I... I draw. Then I activate Ancient Gear Howitzer's Special Ability from my Graveyard, so I can summon Ancient Gear Golem from my Deck! Next, I activate Ancient Gear Workshop, so I can add my Hunting Hound back to my hand."
"Good move," Atem muttered to himself, though he knew only one person could hear him. "Ancient Gear Golem's high Attack will protect it from any monsters currently on Kaiba's field."
G.K. examined one of the two last cards in his hand; it was surely a gift from the Pharaoh.
"Then I activate Pot of Greed, and draw two cards."
He checked out his hand. "I activate Swords of Revealing Light, then place a card facedown."

Last edited:
"He's not half bad." Sebastian said, turning his attention to the duel. Calypso heard both Atem and Sebastian and nodded in acknowledgement to them both. "He's doing pretty good. He managed to not only withstand attacks from Kaiba's monsters, but he's set up two monsters to defend him in one turn. This kid might actually stand a chance."

Cal shook his head slowly no. "He has the defenses, but no offence. Right now he has no chance to attack Kaiba at all, not to mention Kaiba is setting Blue Eyes. They have quite a good set of summons. If G.K. can't stop the summoning, Kaiba has yet another win under his belt."

Shadi placed his hand against the window as,he watched the duel between Kiba and G.K. continue. “So far Kiba has his Blue-Eyes White Dragon already on the field” Shadi thought to himself as,he focused on G.K. “You have to have a plan with The Great Pharaoh” he added. Shadi grabbed the sides of his helmet as,he pushed two buttons together unhooking the helmet before he pulled it off “much better” Shadi said.

Pro Hero Dekiru

Kaiba smirked. "I shall allow your swords to remain on the field. You need all the help you can get right now. Just know that I'm going easy on you. Now, I summon a second Assault Wyvern, in Defense Mode. I then convert my second Wyvern to Defense Mode. I end my turn."
G.K. drew a card. He needed one more Ancient Gear... "I'll simply summon my Ancient Gear Hunting Hound. You take 600 LP of damage. I end my turn."
Kaiba's LP fell to 5800. "Still more than you."
G.K. grunted. "I know, I know."
"I draw. I'll Tribute my two Wyverns to Summon my Second Blue-Eyes White Dragon. Next, I activate the Spell card Polymerization, to Summon Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon!"
The three-headed beast roared at G.K.'s monsters. G.K.'s eyes widened as his right fist clenched.
Atem watched the Duel in nervousness. "I can even tell Kaiba's going easy. This is a lot like my first Duel with him. But now... he has many more cards, better than the ones he used to have. Nonetheless, the boy is going to have a hard time."
G.K. drew a card as Kaiba ended his turn. "Perfect," he thought.
"I activate Hunting Hound's Special Ability! I sacrifice Ancient Gear Hunting Hound, Ancient Gear Golem, Ancient Gear Beast, and Ancient Gear! I Fusion Summon Chaos Ancient Gear Giant!"
The monster had 4500 ATK points. It was equal to Kaiba's Dragon. Though, he still had more time to prepare his assault before the swords were gone.

"If he had a card that dealt damage equal to an attacking monster, say, Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon, he could take a huge chunk out of Kaiba's life points." Sebastian said. "I don't suppose you'd have one of those now, would you?" Calypso asked teasingly. She knew full well that he did. Sebastian rolled his eyes.

“G.K. your Swords of Revealing Light will end soon” Shadi told himself as, he looked at the Millennium Puzzle. “so Great Pharaoh I can see why you chose G.K.” He added as, he smiled. Shadi looked back at the window so, he could continue to watch the duel taking place. He placed his hand back on the window while he kept his focus on G.K. Duel.

Pro Hero Dekiru

Kaiba drew. "This is my second turn with your swords in play. First, I'll activate Monster Reborn, and summon one of my Blue-Eyes back into play."
The monster crawled onto the field beside its larger companion. G.K. gritted his teeth.
"I end my turn."
"I draw." Looking at the card in his hand, it definitely wasn't one of his cards. The Pharaoh must have left him another gift. But what use was it? The card in his hand was "Double or Nothing." If his attack was to be negated, he could activate the card, allowing him to double the attack strength, then attack again. But he didn't have any cards that could negate his own attack; he knew that for sure. But what about in Kaiba's Deck? He knew that the facedown on Kaiba's field could most certainly be a Trap Card. He also knew that Kaiba was going easy on him, so there wouldn't be too many "high-level strategies" in this Duel. So if he attacked...
"Chaos Ancient Gear Giant! Attack Kaiba's Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon! Take it down with you!"
Kaiba smirked. "Nice try, kid. I activate Negate Attack. Better luck next time."
"Next, I activate the Magic Card, Double or Nothing! It allows me to attack again with twice the attack strength."
Kaiba looked up. "I'm sorry, say again?"
The Giant's fist grew to twice its original size, blowing a blast that vaporized Kaiba's dragon. His Life Points fell to 1300, slightly below G.K.'s. Kaiba smiled.
"Okay. The Duel is over."
G.K. knit his eyebrows. "I'm sorry. What?"
"Oh come on. You're obviously a skilled Duelist. Not as skilled as me, but still skilled."
G.K. was about to argue that Kaiba's Life Points were below his, but then he realized. Kaiba had been going easy on him. Kaiba's cards would have been way more advanced. I mean, Negate Attack. Such a basic card. So basic, in fact, that he may as well shove Mushroom Man into there. Seriously. FREAKING MUSHROOM MAN. If Kaiba had gone all out, G.K. would have bit the dust a long time ago. Kaiba stood up, assembling his Deck.
"Not to mention," he continued. "I have a show."
He turned to the mirror, which was also the window that the others were watching him from. "You can all get your posteriors in here. We'll discuss our plans when my show is completed."
He stood upon a circular section of the floor, decorated with a Blue-Eyes White Dragon. It ascended into the air, the ceiling above him vanishing as Kaiba climbed higher.
"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls! May I present the new revolution in Dueling Technology!"
The ceiling closed once more, leaving G.K. alone in the room. He turned to the mirror, where he knew everybody was watching and listening.

"I'm counting that as a victory, so, 'Yay... I beat Seto Kaiba'... kind of."

"Well, I guess that's it then." Calypso said. "No doubt Kaiba was going easy on him. If Kaiba had played with his real deck, the kid would've been K.O.ed long ago." Sebastian said. Calypso nodded. After all, Negate Attack was a basic card.

Shadi smiled “well Kiba did seem like it was no big deal” he said as,he pulled out a candy bar. “I guess we could go see they show” He added while he took a another bite from his bar. Shadi then place the candy bar down ashe looked down. “It’s all in place mom” Shadi thought to himself as a tear rolled down his cheek.

Pro Hero Dekiru

G.K. stepped outside. "Well, I guess that's it."
Joey wrapped his arm around G.K.'s neck, rubbing his knuckles across his ead. "Ey, you ain't half bad, kid!"
G.K. wriggled out. "Thanks. Now we just have to wait for Kaib--"
"Wait for who?"
Kaiba walked from around the corner.
"Weren't you just--"
"I was. It's my new Duel Disk tech. If we can create holographic images, then we can create holograms of real people. Now, let's discuss what it is you lot need from me. This is my city. I'm not giving it up to those hooded freaks without a good fight."

Inside the backstage area, G.K. had just finished explaining what the problem was, with some assistance.
"So let me get this straight. This new group of terrorists has manipulated tricks from almost, if not all of our previous antagonists, and enhanced them to make them stronger. And you need my technology to get into the Spirit World, so we can liberate it."
Yugi nodded. "Yes. And we wouldn't mind if you cam--"
"I'm in. This little group of kids playing dress-up think that they can come into my city, terrorize my people, and get away with it. No, they won't. I am going to crush them. Now then, if we're going to use my Duel Dimension Tech, then you all need these."
He pulled a suitcase out of the backstage area. He opened it, revealing several DX 78 Duel Disks of different color, all in compacted form. They were mere tablets with a glowing core; half the size of a normal compacted Duel Disk.
"These Duel Disks all work with my Duel Dimension System. I'll get all of you fitted with the matching suits later. Now take your pick. Time is money, you know."
G.K. rummaged through the collection, careful not to damage anything. He finally pulled out one that had a dark indigo coloring, with a bright neon electric blue and yellow core. He placed it onto his arm, and it immediately expanded. The core latched itself onto his elbow, and a metallic strap wrapped around his arm. A dark fabric wrapped around his hand like a fingerless glove, the back of the palm lighting up with a number glowing on it; 8000. The Deck holder opened up, and a glowing button appeared on the bottom.
"You press that button to activate the card holders."
G.K. nodded, reaching into his pocket. He pulled out two decals that he was going to put on his locker.
One of them was a golden gear, while the other was the golden eye. He stuck them onto his new Duel Disk. He turned to the others.

"Gear up for battle."