• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Yu-Gi-Oh: Game of Masks

It was at this moment that Calypso walked through the door. The light brown skinned "bluenette", who among other things was part Hawaiian and part Egyptian, didn't seem to be bothered by the scene before her. "Hey Yugi. Joey. Got another one?" She smiled. The girl was well acquainted with Yugi and Joey, seeing as she had been going to the game shop for eight years, the amount of time she had lived here.

Shadi stopped as he hid behind a wall “so that’s Yugi Muto and Joey Wheeler huh....I’m not impressed”. Shadi told himself as he looked over his shoulder to see what would happen next. “But to think that the king of games would work at a game shop....pretty funny” Shadi thought to himself as he looked at his Golden Scale. “Why did you bring me here?” Shadi asked the Scale as if it could talk.

Pro Hero Dekiru

Previously Battle Legend G.K.
Joey smiled. "Ey Cal. Yea, we got another one. But he's gonna have to go thru me, eh?"
G.K. grunted as the field set up. Joey snickered.
"You ain't got a chance. My move!
"I summon Blue Flame Swordsman in Attack Mode! 'Den I put a facedown and end my turn!"
G.K. was about to draw a card, then the strange figure stopped him.
"Hold on a minute."
"What is it?" G.K. thought.
"I know how they can recognize me without you finishing this Duel. Here."
G.K.'s cards were changed, now having new card sleeves. They were black with a single golden eye. Just like...
"My puzzle."
"Answers will come. Nobody has noticed the change in your Deck. I made sure of that. Now draw."
He disappeared, as G.K. drew.
He looked at his hand, which had also changed. He knew what to do. Somehow.
"I activate the Spell Card Polymerization! I fuse the King's Knight, Queen's Knight, and Jack's Knight from my hand! I Fusion Summon Arcana Knight Joker from my Extra Deck! To arms, Joker!"
The knight, clad in black and golden armor arose onto the field. His massive sword was fixed on Blue Flame Swordsman.
"Cut that Swordsman down!"
"Hold on, kid! I activate Mirror Force!"
"I activate Arcana's ability! I discard my own Mirror Force and your Trap is negated. Now slash!"
Joey's monster exploded, and he took 2000 LP of damage.
"Next, I activate Swords of Revealing Light! No facedowns or attacking for three turns. I place a card facedown. Your move!"
His hand was empty, but it was worth it.

Shadi eyes widened as he witnessed a fusion summon on G.K.’s first turn. “I must admit...that kid pretty good” Shadi told himself as he pulled out his deck and checked it. “My King and Queen” Shadi whispered as he placed his deck back into his pocket before he smiled. He stepped out from behind the wall before he started to make his way to the duel.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Nate was right beside G.K. while the two of them dueled and as Nate look at Joey he suddenly had an headache therefore he headed outside and as he did you soundly had flashes of memories that weren't his. " Ughh?! My head on fire....that guy he's just like me he's one of the three past Warriors." One of Nate pupils were turning sharper like a dragon but return back to normal. "Huff....huff......huff...... I need to find the other two dragons." Nate thought.

Calypso's attention was fixed on the duel. This kid was good. But Joey had been a Finalist in two different tournaments. Did he, Calypso wondered, have what it takes to to beat him? It seemed that they were about to find out.

Cal had been standing upon the sidelines of the duel. "He never used a poly in his deck? Least what I've seen and GK never had time to change his deck." He said to himself, sliding his duel disk around on his arm. "Somethings going on here."

“Why do I get the feeling Joey is going to lose” kuro said and took out some pocky sticks, he walked over to the girl Joey called cal “so your cal, nice to meet you my name is kuro” he said raising out a hand “also do you want a pocky stick?”

Calypso turned her attention to the boy who had come over to see her. "That's just a nickname. My name is Calypso." She smiled "And sure, I'll take a pocky stick. Thanks."

Pro Hero Dekiru

Joey smirked. "Lucky move, kid. I draw!
"I activate Monster Reborn to bring back my Blue Flame Swordsman! Next, I Tribute my Flame Swordsman to summon my Red Eyes Black Dragon! Then, I activate Pot of Greed! I can now draw two cards! Whaddaya think of dat?"
G.K. grunted. He could tell by Joey's expression that he had drawn some good cards.
"Well, I ain't finished yet! Den, I activate two Mystical Space Typhoons, and eliminate your Swords of Revealing Light, and that facedown ya got!"
The card went face up, right before being torn to shreds by the Spell. Joey smirked.
"Magic Cylinder. Dat would've been real bad news for me. Now it's just bad news for you, ain't it?"
G.K. took a breath.
"At least I still have my Joker," he thought.
"Oh, I almost forgot something! I activate my Spell Card! De-Fusion!"
G.K. was about to activate Arcana's effect, but his hand....
"Your field is empty, now kid. Now Red-Eyes! Go!"
G.K. was struck by Red-Eyes, and blasted back. His Life Points fell by 2400.
"Still, my turn isn't over. I'll save the best part for last."
G.K. looked up, getting off the floor.
"I activate Meteor of Destruction!"
G.K. was engulfed in flames, and took 1000 more points of damage.
He got up as Joey ended his turn.
"You ain't got a chance, kid."
G.K. thought to himself. "This new Deck is giving me all of the cards I want. So if think about Pot of Greed...."
"I draw! I activate the Spell Card, Pot of Greed!"
He checked his hand. "One of the cards I drew was yet, another Pot of Greed!"
He now had three cards in his hand. "I activate Monster Reborn to summon King's Knight back to the Field."
He took a deep breath.
"If this doesn't get Yugi's attention, I don't know what will," he thought.
"I tribute King's Knight in order to summon, Dark Magician! In Attack Mode!"
He noticed Yugi uncross his arms in response to him summoning the Monster. Not only was it a Dark Magician, but the same type of Dark Magician Yugi owned.
"I place my last card facedown. my turn is done."

“Just a nickname huh” he said putting away his pocky sticks “you seem familiar don’t know why though, anyway do you want to duel? the others we’re having a duel a few minutes ago, so I was bored”

"Sure. I'm game." Calypso said. She pulled out her Duel Disk and put it on. She then activated it. The Duel Disk was blue with a light blue top. She grinned. The deck was already inserted into the Duel Disk.

Shadi stopped as he stood next to Calypso and Kuro. “Dark Magician...pretty good” Shadi said as he pulled out a card from his deck “Kibaman” he added as he looked back to the duel in front of him. He flashed a quick smile as he imagined summoning one of his powerful monsters “Now go Ehther use your Heavenly Rain” Shadi thought to himself.

“Ok then” he said while taking out a duel disk that was also blue “by the color of your duel disk, I would say you use sea monsters in your deck, and I’ll take the first turn” and took 5 cards and drew a card “first I summon hammer head Shark and by ranking down his level I can summon a level 3 monster on the field and that’s boom shark, and I place my field spell umi and place one card facedown, I end my turn”

Last edited by a moderator:
Calypso's hand had only two monsters in her hand. One could be used a
Fusion Material. The other, however ... "I Summon Atlantean Pikeman in Attack mode!" The Water Attribute Monster appeared on the field. "I place one card face down and end my turn."

Pro Hero Dekiru

Joey smirked. "I draw!"
"Kid, I ain't stupid. I can't take care of that facedown, whatever it is, so I won't attack. Instead, I'll activate Poison of the Old Man, dealing you 800 Points of damage! How 'bout dat!"
The Poison curled over G.K., sucking his Life Points. He was now at 3200 LP. Not a good spot to be in. Joey smirked.
"I place a facedown card and I end my turn."
G.K. struggled to get up, and drew a card. What he drew confused him.
The card was probably a Spell. But it wasn't colored like a Spell. It was a deeper shade of blue than the teal Magic Cards. There wasn't that much writing on it. No symbol to indicate it was a Spell. He didn't want to draw this card. What was it? The effect was written in some strange writing, but somehow, he knew what it meant. The name however, was clear English.

"The Eye of Timaeus."

“Huh, that’s it well I draw” he took a card and looked at it “not the card i was hoping for but, I summon spear Shark and I activate his ability, which allows me to “rank” up all level 3 monsters that are fish on my field and now” his eyes turn blue while saying this “I summon Number 32: Shark Drake and I activate my face down card on the right, limit Barians force and summon Choas Number 32: Shark Drake Veiss and now I’m in the attack phase and I activate my spell in my hand sharkify and he gains 300 atk now that’s 3300, go Shark Drake Veiss Sea Rebellion and I end my turn” he looked at his hand “only one card left”

Calypso grimaced as her life points went down to 2,400 and her Pikeman was destroyed. Her face down was for a direct attack. Which that, unfortunately wasn't. "My turn. I draw. I play Sea Lancer in Defense mode." The monster appeared on the field. "I place one card face down and end my turn."

“ ok then, I draw!” He looked at his card “right on time buddy, I summon Hammer Shark in Attack mode and then I tell my Hammer Shark to attack your Sea lancer and then Sharke Drake Veiss to attack you directly and then I place a facedown card and end my turn”

Shadi watch as the duel between Cal and Kuro took place “seems like everyone is trying to be the best. “But the true test will come” he added as, he looked back at his scale before he turned his attention to the shop. Shadi started to walk towards the shop as he keep his focus on the front door “I can’t stop myself” he thought.

Gives you my deck and monster cards “would have been better to use a trap to destroy my monster, cause you just set my plain field” he said and took out a pocky stick and ate it in a few seconds and you could hear a roar in kuros extra deck.

'He's right. I should've played Punch-in-the-Box. It would've made it easier to take down his monster.' Calypso thought. 'But the damage has been done. Nothing I can do about it now.' She shuffled the cards into the deck, then handed it back to Kuro.

“Man if you destroyed my monster I would be able to play the card that’s in my hand: monster reborn and my last face down card is a surprise and I end my turn” he eats another pocky stick and lowers his duel disk “I think it’s about time I get serious”

Pro Hero Dekiru

G.K. skimmed through the effect of the card. Seemed simple enough. He took a deep breath.
"I activate the Magic Card, the Eye of Timaeus!"
Joey's pupils shrunk. "What?!"
In the corner, Yugi gasped, and the person next to him dropped his jaw.
"Hey Yugi," he said. "Isn't that..."
Yugi nodded. "The Eye of Timaeus. One of the three Legendary Dragons. But I thought they were...."
G.K. sighed. He had their attention.
"I fuse Timaeus with Dark Magician! I summon Amulet Dragon!!!"
Dark Magician leapt onto Timaeus' back, as the dragon ws enveloped with magical runes and letters. Standing between G.K. and Red Eyes was this hulking beast. G.K. gazed at Joey's facedown, nervous.
"I'll end my turn here." G.K. exclaimed.

Shadi stopped in his tracks as he heard the word Timaeus “I never heard of that card before” he thought to himself as he turned around. “Now the Dark Magician fused with Timaeus!!” Shadi cried out as the Fusion monster was summoned. Shadi eyes widened before he felt the Golden Scale started to glow again “Why again” he asked the Scale.

Cal had his answer needed. This wasn't G.K.'s deck. Those cards being played would've been seen in the battle with the grunts. Cal stepped forward to the battle. "G.K. what is going on? Those aren't your cards." He said. Cal wasn't sure how he knew, but he did. He could see G.K. making his deck, and those cards were not part of it. Unnoticed by Cal, the gold bracelet on his right arm began to glow.

Shadi eyes widened even further as, he heard that G.K. wasn’t even using his cards. “What he’s not using his cards” Shadi called out as he looked at Cal gold bracelet which started to glow. “His bracelet glowing too” Shadi thought to himself as, he place his Golden Scale out in front of him. “What is happening..first the Dragon monster...then G.K. not using his cards and finally Cal’s bracelet is glowing “ Shadi said to himself.

Calypso narrowed her eyes. "Fine then. I draw!" She looked at the card. It was Kuriboh. 'This could come in handy.' Calypso thought. "I play the Water Magician in Defense mode." The Spellcaster appeared on the field in Defense mode. "I place one card face down and end my turn."

Pro Hero Dekiru

G.K. sighed. "I got them from a friend, right before the Duel."
Joey knit his eyebrows. "Who? Nobody else was here when you made the challenge."
G.K. inhaled.
"I could really use your name right now. Just this one thing." he thought.
"Fine," repeated the voice. "It seems there is no other option. We must reveal ourselves." He told G.K. his name. G.K. stammered for a bit, them nodded. He faced Yugi.
"I got this Deck from somebody who led me to you. Somebody who you might know. I didn't come here to Duel you. I came for answers."
Yugi stepped forward. "Who was it that led you here?"
G.K. unzipped his jacket, and Yugi stepped back. The golden Puzzle fell and sound across his chest. As the name was spoken, it spread a feeling across the area.

"I was led here...

"I was led here by Atem."

Cal was not affected by the name one bit. The name meant about as much to him as the name brand of the motel soap did. But the wave of emotion showed the name had some meaning. "Who is Atem? Is he someone important?" He asked, the gold bracelet stopping its faint glow. "And how did he change your cards?"

“Ok I draw and I summon spear Shark and now I activate hammer Sharks special ability and I summon boom shark on to the stage and that’s not all I activate Spear Sharks special ability and raise boom sharks and hammer sharks level to 4 and I Xyz Summon, that’s right he’s back the king of the sea, Number 32: Shark Drake And I activate my last card in my hand limited barians force and summon Chaos Number 32: Shark Drake Veiss and now I end my turn” he closed his eyes and put his arms down And then a voice spoke to him in his head “No, why didn’t you summon nightmare shark and end this duel!!” In response “I’m not going to win using your strength, I’m going to win by my own.” And the spirit was silent for a few before saying one thing: “it’s been awhile since I’ve seen the pharaoh”

Shadi took a step back when he heard the name Atem “why do I feel this sudden shock” He asked himself as, he managed to bring himself together. “This doesn’t matter” He thought to himself as he slowly started I walk towards Yugi. “Why does Yugi seem shocked as well” Shadi asked himself while he made his way over.

Pro Hero Dekiru

G.K. was thinking of a way to explain this. Then Yugi piped up.
"It's better to show them who Atem is."
Joey stepped forward. "Yug, is he talking about..."
"He has to be, Joey. I know he can hear me. So I need you to let Atem take control."
G.K. stammered. "Take control?"
Atem's spirit stepped forward. "Just go limp, and act as if you are letting somebody else make your actions for you. Relax. Now...
"Yu-Gi-Oh."
With a bright light, G.K. changed. He was taller, and looked older. His hair had several spikes, and the teal streaks in his hair turned into four lightning-bolt like streaks that extended across his hair, and over his forehead. His eyes now had a purplish tint.
"Hello." he spoke in another voice. "I an Atem. I have been guiding your friend to this point, so that we all may discuss the conflict at hand. Now then.

"Yugi. Tristan. Joey. I can't say how happy I am to see you again."

Calypso's Water Magician shattered, but her life points remained 2,400. "I'm not not down yet. Still a chance that I can turn the tide." 'There's one card that might help me.' Calypso thought. 'I need to believe that I can draw it..' "My turn! I draw!" Calypso said. She closed her eyes, then drew a card. She grinned. 'Yes!' She thought. "I play Graceful Charity. I discard two card so I can draw three." She discarded two cards, then drew her three. She grinned. Score! "I use Polymerization to fuse the 7 Colored Fish and Elemental Hero Ocean in my hand. I Fusion Summon Elemental Hero Absolute Zero." The fierce warrior appeared on the field. He received the 300 points from Umi, plus a 500 point bonus for every Water Attribute Monster on the field except Elemental Hero Absolute Zero. The total Attack added up to 3,800.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Nate decided to head back towards the shop and as he did made saw a blue aura around G.K. and saw his appearance change but as he did he saw amulet dragon on G.K. field therefore he clenched his fist and his eyes change again.

"I've finally found Timaeus, now all I need to do is find criticas." Nate thought as his eyes return to normal.

Nate approached G.K. from the side. "G.K. what are you doing? This would have gone a lot faster if you were using your real deck."

Pro Hero Dekiru

Atem looked at Nate. "Hello. You must be Nate. I was the one who changed his Deck in order to be recognized. My name is Atem. And I've been watching your Duels, assisting in any way I can. I guided you all here in order to discuss the new evil that plagues this world. I must say, I am impressed with your Dueling skills. You make good use of the Claw of Hermos."
Joey ran forward, and the Duel was destroyed.
"Whoa, you got the Claw of Hermos?! Awesome, man! That was a card I used to have!"
Atem nodded. "Yes, Joey. Now, the new enemy is after more than the three Legendary Dragons and the Millennium Items. We must discuss this. Now."

As soon as Shadi heard the word Millennium he spoke up. “Millennium items do you mean this” Shadi said as he pulled out his scale and showed it to the others. “Why would someone what to take the items for anyway” he asked with a Curious tone. “Maybe I’m wrong but I’m sure that I met this person somewhere before” He thought to himself.