• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Yu-Gi-Oh - Elemental Forces

To join, go to the discussion thread. https://pokecharms.com/threads/possible-idea-for-a-yu-gi-oh-rp.16734/#post-459184

Seth Dant looked out over Domino City from his hotel room. He had been personally invited to Industrial Illusion's new Battle City Celebration tournament. It was the anniversary of Seto Kaiba's famous tournament, and the new tournament was being held in honour of it. He was rather surprised by how many duelists were invited however, and the fact he had gotten in. Sure, the fact that he topped at the regionals was pretty big, but other duelists here had some serious credentials. He just continued to look through the window into the skyline of the city, when he heard a knock at the door. He opened it to see a large man in shades and a suit. "Gift from Industrial Illusions." He handed him one of many packages and left, continuing down the hallway. He went back inside, locking the door and eagerly opening it, to find a bunch of new cards. "Electromagnet Warriors? Berserkion sounds way better than Valkyrion. Woah, and a Fusion? Lucky i always keep Polymerisations around." He laughed. "Would Industrial Illusions seriously just give these to me? Seems like unfair advantage to me." Also packed inside the box were two glass plates. "Aren't these those locator cards or something? They're seriously re-using that system?" He turned around to see an announcement on the TV. It explained the locator card system, and that each Duelist would start with 2, 8 being required to make it to the finals. He looked outside to the same announcement on the billboards, on every screen in the city. A countdown played, and the tournament was legally started. "Well, no time like the present." He put the new cards in his deck and loaded it into his duel disk, stepping outside into the Fountain Square, bustling with duelists.

Garry smiled at the large group of duelists gathered around Fountain Square. "Looks like some worthy challengers to me." He murmured with a confident smile. Garry patted his deck as he glanced around. "You've never let me down before, Gaia. Let's make sure we don't make it a first here." He said with a chuckle.

John walked into the area. He saw the multiple challengers and he became excited. " This is going to be fun." He thought as he walked around. " Alright red eyes let's do this." He said quietly so no one could hear him.

Jackson had Just arrived at the crowded pack of duelist's pulling in with is duel runner and looking threw the crowd for a duelist he thought could be a bit of fun but then he came up with a better idea.So He decided to shout"Yo anyone up for a duel me and my elemental heros are reering to have a duel!"

Seth saw the guy on the duel runner. He certainly stood out amongst the crowd. Riding duels were only just starting to become a thing, and there were a bit too many safety controversies surrounding them, but apparently the shadow realm sending rates were far lower. He was just going to ignore the fact that he had some sort of replacement eye. He might as well get an early duel in, could be a good way to get a locator card early on. He stepped out of the crowd. "I guess I'll take you on." He held up one of his two locator cards. "First duel of this tournament, so let's make this a show. Winner takes a locator card from the loser."

Garry leaned against the wall as he looked on at the interaction. He smirked, glancing between the two duelists. "This is bound to be a good show." Garry murmured to himself, stretching his arms above his head.

"Yeah Get in there Man now It's definitely time to rev it up in a duel." Spoke Jackson joyfully "Also I'm putting my card on line to so make this duel ok man."

"Ok, it's on!" He activated his duel disk, and drew 5 cards. 8000 life points appeared on each disk. "I normal Summon Alpha The Electromagnet Warrior, using his effect to add a level 8 Magnet Warrior monster from my deck to my hand. I'll choose a classic, Valkyrion, the Magna Warrior! But he won't be sticking around, because I'll use the spell Trade-In, to discard away the Level 8 Valkyrion to draw 2 cards. Now I'll use the Terraforming I drew to 'Attract' the Field spell Magnetic Field to my hand from my deck. But I won't be activating it just yet, I'll use my other Field spell, Catapult Zone. Now I set a card in my Spell and trap Zone and end my turn."

John watched the duel and wondered which of these guys might win. " Alright good luck you guys." He said as he payed close attention to their deck.

Meanwhile, across the city, the real first duel of the tournament was taking place in an abandoned warehouse. A blue-haired woman in black robes and a black hood commanded the huge sea-monster floating in front of her. "Now, Bahrastos The Fathomer, attack him directly and finish this duel!" The other Duelist fell back off the crate, visibly injured by the laser beam attack. He looked up to see his opponent over him. "You really shouldn't have accepted to bet both of your locator cards. Now you've been eliminated from the tournament. And I don't think you'll be around long enough to get another anyway." He got up to his feet to see her holding her Field Spell card, Dragonic Diagram, and it starting to glow. "Dragonic Diagram, transfer his soul to feed Bahrastos!" He looked down to see a glowing orange symbol beneath him, and when he tried to escape it a ball of light blue energy appeared, encasing him. She held out Diagram in her hand, a smaller bubble appearing around it. Then there was a flash. And he was gone.

"Nice rocks dude but rocks are nothing, I draw," Yelled Jackson" Next I normal summon elemental hero blazeman and activate his effect to add to my hand a polymerization. And now I activate polymerization in order to special summon elemental hero core by fusing together avian,sparkman and blazeman. Now I activate E emergency call adding to hand my elemental hero heat. And now that I'm in gear attack elemental hero core." Driving his into alpha with core ready to punch alpha away.

"Nice try, but these aren't just any average rocks. I activate Alpha's effect, allowing me to Tribute him to special summon a Level 4 Magnet Warrior from my deck, and I choose Gamma The Magnet Warrior, in Defense position." Gamma absorbed the punch, but the smoke cleared to reveal the monster unharmed.
"I activate the effect of my Field spell, Catapult Zone, allowing me to send a rock monster from my deck to the graveyard to prevent his destruction. Fire away, launch Sentry Soldier Of Stone as protection!"

"Nice try dude but I activate core's effect sending your gamma to the graveyard."spoke Jackson"Now I'll set a card and end my turn your move rocky brains and by the way I am not making fun of you It's just rare to see a rock deck especially in this type of tournament you would expect warrior deck's but hey at least your not fighting my second deck the in that deck have never been shown to public because I got them early Like you got your electromagnet warriors early."

"Wait, that happened to other people too? How many people got invited? I really wasn't sure about all that paperwork from Industrial Illusions. All I saw was Tournament and Hotel and I just signed it all. I think there was something about Exclusives and Product Testing? Still a bit surprised they would make these for me though. I guess Yugi Moto did use them... Aw I'm getting off track here. I draw!" He looked at the card and smiled. "Just what I needed! I summon Beta The Electromagnet Warrior, and use his effect to add a second Alpha The Electromagnet Warrior from my deck to my hand! Now, I was lucky I sent Sentry with Catapult Zone, because if I only control Rock monsters I can special summon him from the Graveyard! Now, I play my second Field spell to replace my Catapult Zone, Magnetic Field! Using it's effect, since I control a level 4 or lower Rock monster, I can revive the first Alpha from my Graveyard, using his effect to add my new Berserkion The Electromagna Warrior from my deck to my hand!" He looked at his field, realising he had an out to Core now. "I overlay Alpha The Electromagnet Warrior with Sentry Soldier Of Stone, to Xyz summon Gorgonic Guardian! By detaching Sentry Soldier Of Stone, I can make one of your monsters have 0 attack and negate it's effects until the end of the turn! Time to make your Core nothing more than a rock too! Stonegaze Stare!" The imposing monster was frozen into a statue. "Now, Gorgonic Guardian, destroy his monster! Gorgon Grasp!" The Xyz monster grabbed Core, shattering the statue by slamming it on the floor after grabbing it with it's snake hair. Jackson took 1600 points of damage. "Now, Beta, attack directly! Electrical Surge!"

"Sorry not gonna happen as I activate my trap card drowning mirror force" Yelled Jackson "negating your attack and sending your monsters back to your deck and by the way if I get a phone call during this duel It means I gotta run and I just remembered about it now Sorry about that man."

"Don't worry." Seth grinned. "I'll be sure to win faster so you can go." He ended his turn. Meanwhile, at Industrial Illusions, an executive started writing an email.

To: All
It's time. The harvesting has been put into action and we believe most of the items have been lured to the city by the tournament. Using the trackers implanted in the duel disks, the Wielders will be able to locate the item users, and keep track of those who are about to make it to the finals, to dispose of them. I strongly suggest all who have been called for the product testing are called to collect them asap, as we do not have time to deal with less important matters like that now. Remember to always be on red alert. If a millennium item is sighted, contact a superior, and the Wielders will be on the case.

"Man I'm not going to make it to easy for you," spoke Jackson "I draw a card and now I'll summon to the field my elemental hero heat set this world a blaze. Now I set one card face down on the field. Then the time has come I attack you directly dealing 1800 life point damage and end my turn."

Seth looked at their LP. 6200 and 6400. Jackson's was edging just above his. "I draw! Now I normal summon Alpha The Electromagnet Warrior, and use his effect to add Valkyrion the Magna Warrior from my deck to my hand. Now, I'll revive Sentry with his own effect, and use Magnetic Field's first effect to revive Gamma in Attack position. Now, i overlay Alpha and Sentry, to Xyz summon, Soul Of Silvermountain, in defense position! I use his effect, detaching Sentry to target your face-down. As long as Silvermountain remains on the field, you cannot activate it." To get rid of Heat, he had a risky plan. "My Gamma attacks your Heat!" Gamma was destroyed and Seth took 300 damage. "But I activate Magnetic Field's Second effect! Once, when my Magnet Warrior battles and your monster survives, I can return it to your hand! Now, I end my turn."

"you may have defeated heat but I'm not done yet and since it's my turn I draw!" Yelled Jackson "Now I'll activate my skyscraper field spell now if my elemental hero monster's have less attack points they gain 1000. Now To finish this I summon Elemental Hero captain gold in attack position. It's your move Mate Enjoy yourself."

"I will." Seth smirked. "I draw, and I normal summon Delta The Magnet Warrior! By using his effect, I can send a Magnet Warrior from my deck to the Graveyard. I'll send Beta The Magnet Warrior. Now, using the effect of Magnetic Field, I can revive him. Since I control two level 4 monsters, I can overlay Delta and Beta to Xyz summon Gagaga Cowboy! I detach Beta to activate his effect! When I battle this turn, Cowboy gains 1000 ATK, and your monster loses 500! Now, it's time! Cowboy, destroy Gold with your QuickDraw Attack!" Gagaga Cowboy pulled his guns from his belt at lightning speed, destroying Jackson's monster with two shots. Jackson's LP fell by 900, to 5500. "Now I end my turn."

John walked around the city. He looked at the two locator cards he received from his duel prior. He looked around for the next opponent hoping that the man might be more of a challenge.

Meanwhile, the Wielders were making their move. The blue-haired girl had made it across the city, and took out a walkie-talkie. "Lithosagym? Agnimazud? You both need to get moving. I've at least managed to eliminate a potential threat. The trackers say that the Millenium Scale is in the hands of a Duelist nearby. Shouldn't be too hard unless you're completely incompetent." Across the city, in a shadowy back-alley, a man in similar dark robes answered. "I've got the situation. Trust me, by the time this is over I'll have destroyed any competition single-handedly. All we need is a way to convince him to duel us. And I have just the way." The man removed his black robes to reveal a black and red jacket, with leather pants. "I'm looking for a duel!" He said, holding up his four locator cards. "I'm willing to bet 2 of my Locator Cards on it. Anyone want to step up?" He challenged.

John looked at the duel. He felt a shiver run down his spine this man was not to be trifled with. He took the millennium scale out of his bag. He looked as the scale became unbalanced as he pointed it at the man. 'This guy is evil." He thought he quickly put the scale back into his bag. He walked up to the man who challenged him. " Be careful. I know this doesn't sound right but there's something evil about him." He said as he moved a little off to watch the battle unfold.