• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters - Empire's Ashes

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters: Empire's Ashes

-Exactly 1 year after Dark Side Of Dimensions-

The Millennium Items have been stolen from their final resting place by a mysterious figure. Seto Kaiba has been gone from the public eye for a long time, but suddenly returns to reveal a grand new tournament using his new VR dueling world. Duelists from all over the world intend to enter...

Wow this really is a recipe for trouble.

In this RP, you will be able to create your own custom characters, but Legacy characters from Duel monsters will also be available. I'm not really sure on a good limit for characters but I think it'll be fine if no-one gets greedy. So, basically, to the part we all care about, Card games! Well, this Rp will feature two distinct modes. Speed Duels, the dueling style that will be used in the VR world, and Master Duels. Master Duels are basically normal real life Yugioh, with 8000 LP instead of 4000. Speed Duels work in a Duel Links style, 3 monster and Spell/Trap zones, 20-35 card deck space, 5 card extra deck, 4000 LP. Skills are also a thing. Right now I'm not completely up with people making their own, but if you really want to contact me and we can work something out. I intend to skills to be mostly using the exact versions from Duel Links, just with different names. Now, I intend to use either Dueling Book or Dueling Nexus, both free websites to duel on, where we can save replays. Most likely Dueling Book, as you have to control everything yourself, which allows us to utilise skills easily. Now, as is obvious, no Synchro, Xyz, Pendulum or Link monsters. No Master Rule 4. Also, both players start with 6 cards no matter the turn order, unlike current rules. Below this will be the Legacy characters available (contact me if you want any adding on), and the OC template, as well as the villain I'll be using. Also, I might allocate the God Cards at some point so keep an eye out for that. Also, banlist doesn't have to be actually followed but I have to approve all decks so please, nothing absurd.

Legacy Characters:

Yugi Mutou-

Seto Kaiba-

Joey Wheeler-

Ryou Bakura-

Marik Ishtar-

Téa Gardner-

Mai Valentine-

Mokuba Kaiba-

Tristan Taylor-

Maximillion Pegasus-

Rex Raptor- @Shen: Ghost Gym Leader

Weevil Underwood-

Mako Tsunami-

Bandit Keith-

Ishizu Ishtar-

Odion-

Yami Yugi-

Yami Marik-

Yami Bakura-

Who's got what right now:

Millennium Puzzle- ?????

Millennium Eye- ?????

Millennium Ring- ?????

Millennium Rod- ?????

Millennium Key- ?????

Millennium Scales- ?????

Millennium Necklace- ?????

Quantum Cube- Kaibacorp

Winged Dragon Of Ra-

Slifer The Sky Dragon-

Obelisk The Tormentor- Seto Kaiba

Custom Character Template:

Name:

Appearance:

Personality:

Bio/Backstory:

Deck Theme:

Deck:

Other:

The Villain-

Name: Blaze Tenno

Appearance: Tall, dark skin, well built, spiky red-orange hair. Wears a black shirt with orange trousers, and black shoes.

Personality: Loud and aggressive, hates Yugi Mutou and the Pharaoh, and only seems concerned with achieving his goal of revenge.

Bio/Backstory: To be revealed

Deck theme: Hazy

Deck: Master Duel: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=1267510 (Duelingbook) Speed Duel: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=1380296 (Duelingbook) Speed Duel Skill: Flames in the Haze (exactly like Duel link's Beatdown skill)

Last edited:
Well I really can't think of any that work for mobile devices. If you have any suggestions that'd be nice. Although they don't require a good PC or anything, I use my really old Laptop to use them. But there's always the possibility of using the Yugipedia app, which is what I used to do but it takes longer.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Huh...well why don't we just or what's in our decks in our character sheet and then when a duel happens, just basically shows what's in your hand to the equivalent of a referee?

Well the way I used to do it was when a duel started both player'a made a private convo, and drew hands and played using Yugipedia. The player would post their turn, and keep a document with a list of what happened in the duel so far and their current field. Then, the other player can pop in after and say anything that should be changed because they activated a card. You post a turn of the duel into the RP thread, and dramatise it, once the turn is over. It also allows you to stop the post and allow the other person to post at the right time, as you know what's happening.

Well if you go over to a deck, click on it, then click the play button, it lets you play but it's not an actual simulator, you have to do everything yourself.

Name: Sakurai nema

appearance: (profile picture)

bio: after running away from home, Sakurai decided to learn about duel monsters. after becoming his cities top duelist under the name of Densetsu, or legend. His deck has a....specel type of theme.

personality: loner, edgy, skilled, and when it comes down to it, caring

Deck theme: Inheros

Deck:
inhero monsters
inhero xyz, fusions, and syncros, with one specal dragon....
despell (3)
inhero spells
a mix of diffrent traps.

Can I create an OC, who later receives Slifer? (I’m planning on giving him Egyptian roots and there will be set up for him to receive it later in the plot. )

Name: Azure Kaine

Appearance: Has dark blue hair that matches his eyes. Wears a gray trench coat, navy blue button up shirt and black pants and boots.

Personality: Azure isn't much a happy type person. He has a temper that has a short fuse while dueling and is very competitive. Outside of dueling he tends to be alof and critical of others.

Bio/Backstory: TBD (if cyber dragon deck is acceptable)

Deck Theme: Cyber Dragon

Deck:
Master Duel Deck:
Cyber Dragon (3)
Cyber dragon Zwei (3)
Cyber Dragon Drei (3)
Proto Cyber Dragon (3)
Jade Knight (3)
Heavy Mech Support Armor (2)
Sergeant Electro (3)
Polymerization (2)
Cybernetic Fusion Support (2)
Power Bond (2)
Anti-Magic Arrows (2)
Monster Reborn (1)
Pot of Greed (1)
Return from the different dimension (1)
Interdimensional Matter Transporter (1)
Wall of Disruption (2)
Mirror Wall (2)
Rare Metalmorph (2)
Ultimate Providence (2)
Chimeratech Overdragon (1)
Cyber Twin Dragon (1)
Cyber End Dragon (1)

Speed Duel Deck:
Cyber Dragon Zwei (3)
Jade Knight (3)
Sergeant Electro (3)
Proto-Cyber Dragon (3)
Polymerization (1)
Cybernetic Fusion Support (1)
Dark World Dealings (1)
Seven Tools of the Bandit (2)
Mirror Wall (2)
Wall of Disruption (1)
Chimeratech Overdragon (1)

IT'S TIME TO P-P-P-P- PPPPPPPPPPOST A CHARACTER SHEET.
Name: Teri Lentini

Appearance: She wears a red jacket, and has short brown hair, with brown eyes. Her duel disk is custom one in similar style to the ones that Darts and his minions used, except black and orange. She also wears a locket, and wears black leather boots.

Personality: She tries to put up an attitude of toughness and silence while dueling, but can't seem to keep it that way. She loves to duel.

Bio/Backstory: Just a duelist that entered the competition to gain fame and for fun.

Deck Theme: Trap Monster/ Planets

Deck:
The Big Saturn
The Despair Uranus
The Grand Jupiter
The Tripper Mercury
Abyss Stungray ×3
Statue of Anguish Pattern x3
Tiki Curse x2
Tiki Soul x2
Zoma the Spirit x3
Metal Reflect Slime x2