• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Conquest

Zenix smiled and started up his duel disk. "You can go first if you want. I don't really mind," he said as he drew his five cards for his hand.

Zenix drawed his card. "Alright. I set two cards face down and then I summon Amazoness Paladin. Now my Paladin, attack her face down monster!" Zenix said. The paladin charged at the face down monster.

"Hey kid," a man said in a dark purple cloak to Ryker. "Do you want to have a duel. I'm a newer duelist and I'm willing to bet all four coins."

"Are you sure?" Ryker questioned him, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, I'm sure," the man said.

"Okay, I'll go first," Ryker said drawing his card.

The duel itself was very one sided, mainly in the man's favor. Every time Ryker made a move it was swiftly countered. Even when Ryker had summoned Silver Knight, which would have given him victory, the man played Bottomless Trap Hole. Ryker had put the card in his pocket. Soon the duel was over with Ryker losing. "Well those are the rules," the man said before knocking Ryker out, and tossing him in a bush, after taking his deck and coins. Well all accept for a card he forgot, the Silver Knight, and a coin that fell out of his pocket.

Ryker woke up in pure pain. He looked in his duel disk to see his deck was gone. The only card he had left was the Silver Knight, which had avoid being stolen due to the fact it was in Ryker's pocket.

"I'm out of the tournament," he stammered climbing out of the bush. Then he saw a flash of gold and saw a single gold coin on the ground. He picked it up and said, "It's not over. I just need a deck and I can win it and save her." He said, only having half fath in himself.

"My Mechabyss Shield is revealed! Since it has 1900 DEF, you take 100 Life Points of Damage! Also, my monster's effect activates! As long as it remains face-up on the field, I take no damage!"

Ravyn smiled slightly. This seems to be going well so far, but I shouldn't get too confident. I just saw what happens if you get ahead of yourself, she thought as she drew her next card. "Okay, next, I play the Field Spell card Mechabyss Battlefield!" The playing field changed to a scrap-covered uneven field. "All Mechabyss monsters I control gain 200 ATK and DEF, so my Shield's DEF is boosted to 2100! Now, I summon Mechabyss Swordsman, who's ATK is boosted to 1900! Now, attack his Amazoness!"

Zenix smirked as Ravyn called an attack. "Sorry," he said, "But I activate my face down card, Magic Cylinder. It allows me to negate your attack and send it right back at you. The damage inflicted to you will be equal to your monster's attack power." Two cylinders appeared and Ravyn's monster was sucked into one of them and then sent out from the other one. Only this time going towards Ravyn.

Ravyn smiled. "But, you forget my Shield's effect. As long as it's face up on the field, I take no damage." Shield moved to block Swordsman's attack. "Still, I applaud you negating my attack."

"True, that I forgot about your shield's ability, but I at least I managed to negate your attack," Zenix said waiting for Ravyn to end her turn.

"I end my turn. Your move!" Ravyn looked across the field, taking a moment to truly appreciate the attention to detail in the holograms. She could see the individual plates making up her monsters, and every plate gleamed with the dull light from her Field Spell. This is amazing, she thought.

Ravyn saw that Zenix was playing defensively. "Alright, I draw!" She looked at the card she drew. "I set one card face down and attack your Amazoness Paladin with Mechabyss Swordsman!" Swordsman rose its blade, its plates clicking into position.

"Did you think I would only have one trap card?" Zenix said with a smile, "I activate my other face down card. Mirror force. This negates your attack and destroys all monsters you have in attack position." A reflective glass appeared in front of the paladin.

Ravyn could only watch as her Swordsman collided with the glass wall and shattered, sending a shockwave past her. Her Shield was still there, and she smiled slightly. "I activate my face-down card, Mechabyss Assimilation! If a Mechabyss monster I control is destroyed by battle while I control another one, I can increase the remaining monster's Attack and Defense by 500! And I target none other than my Mechabyss Shield! Its Defense is now 2600!" The pieces of her shattered Swordsman slid over the ground and merged with her Shield.

Last edited:
Ravyn saw Zenix's concern. "Okay, I end my turn." She looked at her now buffed Mechabyss Shield. I wonder how long this wall will last... I haven't had the best luck drawing the cards I need to Fusion Summon, and if my Shield goes down, I'm left almost defenseless... She hoped that her next draw could help her back onto the offensive.

Zenix drew his next card. "It's time," he said with a smile, "Before I summon my next monster, I might as well show you what monster I set before." He flipped the card and out came a Kuriboh. "Kuriri," the furry creature cried out.

Zenix smirked as he knew Ravyn would laugh at it. Everytime he uses Kuriboh there is at least one person who will laugh at it. "Well enjoy it while you can because it won't be here for long," he said, "I sacrifice Kuriboh and Amazoness Paladin to summon my Dark Magician!" The two monsters disappeared and the red magician appeared.

Ravyn stared for a second. That Dark Magician... I know I've seen it before... but where? Her mind kept wandering to the times her parents showed her the charts and videos taken from the first Battle City Tournament that had intrigued her so long ago. She suddenly remembered. That Dark Magician was used by a Duelist named Arkana, but that was his main card. He would never give that up... What happened? She snapped out of her zoning out. "Where did you get that version of the Dark Magician? It looks really cool!"

"I know right," Zenix said, "I found it during the Battle City Tournament. I saw Yugi Moto walk out of a building and then I saw this card lying on the ground. It was like I was destined to find it." He smiled as he remembered that day.

I knew it! Ravyn thought as she studied this new Dark Magician. Yugi Muto was the last person to Duel Arkana before he disappeared. What happened that led to Arkana's disappearance? Wait, I should focus on the Duel. Besides, Zenix wouldn't know what happened to Arkana. Still, very strange...

"Now, I activate the spell card, Card Destruction," Zenix said, "We both discard our hand and draw the same number of cards as we discarded." He discarded his two remaining cards and drew two more cards. He smiled at what he drew.

Ravyn discarded the one card she had in her hand and drew a new one. Hmm... this might come in handy later... she thought as she turned her attention towards Zenix's side of the field.

"Okay then. I draw!" Zenix said as he drew, "I summon Chocolate Magician Girl!" A female magician with wings appeared on the field. "I end my turn."

Ravyn looked at her Deck for a second before Drawing her next card. "Draw!" Yes! she thought. "I reveal my face-down card, Polymerization! Now, I send the Mechabyss Speedster and Mechabyss Swordsman in my hand to the Graveyard to Fusion Summon my Mechabyss Blademaster!" Small plates of metal from the Mechabyss Battlefield slid across the field and clicked together to form a tall humanoid machine on the field, its six arms wielding various bladed weapons.

Ravyn smiled. "Now, I activate its effect! When it's Fusion Summoned, I can Target a "Mechabyss" monster in my Graveyard and Special Summon it, but its effect is negated. I choose my Mechabyss Swordsman!" More pieces slid across the field and formed her Swordsman. "Now, as long as that monster remains on the field, Blademaster gains 500 ATK and DEF, boosting its ATK to 3500! Now, Blademaster! Attack his Dark Magician with Abyssmal Slasher!"

"I end my turn," Ravyn said while consciously relaxing. I can't attack his Chocolate Magician Girl because of its effect making my monsters' attack lower. Next turn, I'll be able to attack with my Mechabyss Blademaster, but who knows what'll happen between now and then.

Zenix drew his next card and smiled at what he drew as he has might have a plan. If it works, he might turn this duel around. "I play Monster Reborn to bring back my Dark Magician!" he said and the magician came back, "Next I'll equip it with Magic Formula, which will increase my magician's attack by 700, making it 3200. Now, Dark Magician! Attack her Mechabyss Swordsman! Dark Magic Attack!"

Ravyn watched as the wave of dark energy broke the connections between the pieces of her Mechabyss Swordsman. Her Blademaster's ATK fell back to 3000. "Since my Shield is on the field, I don't take damage," she said as she saw the pieces of her Swordsman spread across the battlefield. If I don't get something done about this soon, this Duel might not be in my favor, she thought.

Last edited:
Allen watched the intense duel between Zenix and the other duelist. "You got this Zenix!" He cheer as he watch his dark magician destroy her swordsman. Her deck looks tough, l better watch this duel carcarefully.