• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards Of Chaos Roleplay

(Signup in the discussion thread)
-Entrance Gate to the 10th Anniversary Battle City tournament-
Oscar Ervin smiled, as he attached his custom Duel Disk to his arm. The main body was black, but there were orange accents along it. He was finally through the entrance gates, and continued forwards through the wide street, crammed full with duelists. He was in awe as he turned a corner into a huge plaza, with multiple shops and restaurants, tall buildings with giant screens, and a water fountain in the middle. He'd never been in a city filled with so many people, and this was a tournament. He pulled his Locator Card out of his pocket. "So I need 6 huh..." he muttered. He put it back in his pocket, deciding to play it safe. "You're my only one, so I can't lose you bud."

Ping! Thup.
Ping! Thup.
Ping! Thup.

Chance walked into the Domino City Plaza, his custom duel disk on his arm, his locater card safely hidden on his person, and his lucky coin in hand. Chang's duel disk was an interesting one, because it folded out when it was activated (similar to the ones Darts and his men used). He flipped his lucky coin (an American Half-Dollar) up into the air again and caught it, his mind going back to what his parents told him. For some reason, they didn't want him to sign up for the tournament. Something about "weird happenings" that went down in the last tournament. Chance shrugged and continued walking, flipping his coin into the air. Unluckily for him, someone bumped into him, and Chance stumbled. The coin clattered to the ground, and rolled over to Oscar, bumping into the duelist's shoe.

Oscar jumped back, scared by the sudden bump. He looked down to see that he hadn't knocked the guy over, but he'd dropped a coin. He picked it up, passing it to the guy. "You okay?" He realised that the guy had a duel disk, albeit a strange one, so he must be in the tournament too! Thinking about it, basically everyone was here as a competitor in Battle City, so it shouldn't have been hard to guess. "Hey, if you're a duelist, we should totally duel sometime! Gotta get those Locator Cards early y'know!"

Chance gratefully accepted his lucky coin back with a smile. He looked at the other duelist, and at his cool duel disk.
"Yeah, I'm definitely gonna need those locator cards of I'm gonna make it to the finals." Chance said. He put his coin back in his pocket and extended a hand. "My name's Dylan, by the way. But my friends all call me Chance."
Chance looked again at other duelist's duel disk.
"Is that a custom duel disk?" Chance asked, curious.

Oliver accepted the handshake, replying to his question. "Yeah, managed to customise it myself after a lot of failures. So, you want to duel? I mean, this is a better place for a duel than any." He looked over the plaza. He remembered that he had somewhere to go in the city, so he would have to do that after his first duel.

Chance looked around and shrugged.
"Sure." Chance said. He got out hia deck, and was about to put it into his duel disk when another person ran into him. The kid managed to accidently jog his arm, causing Chance to drop his cards and spill them all over the ground.
"Sorry! Sorry!" The kid said, helping pick Chance's cards.
"No, no, it's fine." Chance said. The two quickly picked up Chance's cards, and the kid quickly walked away.

"Sorry about that." Chance said to Oscar, activating his duel disk. It telescoped up his arm, revealing the monster card zones.
"Let's du-"
"Stop that punk!" Chance heard someone shout. A girl ran in between Chance and Oscar, and stopped, gasping for breath.
"Uh... Excuse me, miss... We were about to-"
"That punk stole my locator card!" The girl exclaimed, pointing after the kid that had bumped into Chance. "He pickpocketed me!"
"Pickpocketed..." Chance said quietly. His face suddenly went pale as he checked his pockets. His locator card... Was gone?!

Talent walked through the crowd, looking at the locator cards he had stolen. As smile lit up his face as he remembered stealing them.
"Too easy..." He muttered. Bumping into that girl, and kmocking that guy's cards down were the perfect ruse for stealing them of their locator cards. Luckily enough for him, they were both different from the one he already had. "That's three down and three to go." Talent said to himself.

Oliver seemed extremely angry and fired up. "Okay, where is this guy?" He growled. "Nobody messes with my duels and gets away with it!" He wanted to be able to get one win under his belt before he went up against Krudge, and he didn't have much time to do it. He was basically shouting, storming through the crowd in the general direction the thief had gone. "I'm gonna crush you for wasting my time ya little schmuck, I have more important duels to prepare for!"

Meanwhile, Cairun Illix watched the scene in the plaza through one of the many security monitors. Having a blimp was really helping with the monitoring. At least two of the other Cards Of Chaos were there, and he had to locate them fast.

Talent heard someone yelling, presumably at him, and glanced back to see a duelist running towards him. A friend of the duelists whose locator cards he had stolen, no doubt. While other thieves may have panicked and run, Talent merely increased his walking speed and started to head towards an alleyway. He knew that of he ran, the crowd would be alerted that he was the thief. Turning into an alleyway, he smiled. Perhaps this would be another chance to improve his skills, either in pickpocketing or dueling.

Chance took off after Oscar and the thief. He could hear the girl follow him as well. Chance managed to catch sight of the thief as he walked into an alleyway.
"Hey! The thief went that way!" Chance said to Oscar, pointing towards the alley.

Oscar was angered by how he just continued walking. You don't mess with a man's duel. That was just rude. He continued to storm after him, turning into the alleyway alongside Chance.

Meanwhile, one of Cairun's henchmen patrolled the plaza. Cairun had told them to go in their normal clothes, to keep them on the low. This one was particularly important. Chaos 6 was one of his more prized possessions, almost as powerful as his Chaos 1. And doubtless the others were somewhere in the city.

When the duelist's turned the corner, Talent prepared himself to book it out of there. But when he looked down the alleyway, he found himself looking at a brick wall. He was cornered. Coolly, he turned to face Oscar, Chance, and the girl.
"Yo." He said with a small smile. "May I help you?"
"Darn right you can help me! Give me back my locator card you took from me!" The girl yelled angrily.
"Mine too!" Chance said.
"I'm sorry. If you want a rematch, then I'll need to see your locator card." Talent said, an innocent look on his face.
"You STOLE MY CARD!" The girl yelled. Talent flinched, and Chance grabbed the girl before she could tackle him. Talent quickly regained his composure.
"You know the rules. Locator cards must be won through duel." Talent said.

Oscar flashed his Locator card. "This what you're looking for bozo? I got places to be, so you're gonna give those back when I beat you." He growled. Nobody messes with Oscar's duel without getting a taste of the Tyrannosaurus.

"Well, if you're in a rush then don't worry. I'll make this quick." Talent said with a smile, grabbing his duel disk from his backpack and sliding it on his arm. "Oh, and if I win, then I get your locator cards, and your friends accept the loss of their locator cards as well."
"What?! No way!" The girl exclaimed. "I'm not going to let you get away with this!"
"Then you can kiss your card goodbye." Talent said with a shrug. The girl tried to lunge at him again, and once again Chance held her back.
"Hey, right now he's the best chance we have at getting our locator cards back! " Chance said to the girl. They looked at Oscar, and Chance had a gut feeling about him. Although he hadn't seen Oscar before, the way he stood made Chance think that Oscar was far from a bad duelist. The girl looked at Oscar, then shrugged off Chance's hold on her.
"Fine." She spat. She walked over to Oscar and pointed at him. "You better win, dweeb."
Then, the girl walked over to the other side of the alleyway and leaned against the wall, fuming. Chance, on the other hand, was a bit more supportive.

"Here, take this." Chance flipped his coin with a loud ping towards Oscar. "It's always brought me luck, so maybe it will give some to you."

"If you guys are done with your powwow, I'd like to get this show on the road." Talent said, activating his duel disk. He placed his deck in it, and it glowed and chirped. The life points counter set itself to 4000. Talent was ready to duel.
"What's your name?" Chance asked Oscar.

Oscar held the coin. "Eh, I don't think I'll need much luck. It all comes down to what my opponent can do." He activate his duel disk, the lights on it flowing into life as his Life Points counter filled itself up to 4000. It was time to duel.
"I'm Oscar." He replied. "Now, it's time to duel!"

Talent smiled a sinister smile and drew a Card from his deck. He looked at his hand, considering his options, and appeared to reach a decision.
"I think I'll just set a monster card, and another card face-down." Talent said, placing two cards on his duel disk. A large sideways duel monster card appeared in front of him, then another one behind it.

Ryker Yuki's stomach did backflips as he held the card pack in his hand. There was one card that he really wanted, and it was in this series. He bit his lip, closed his eyes, and tore open the package. Inside were five card. Gingerly he opened his eyes, and began to flip through them. Cursed Dragon, no. Blackwing - Bora the Spear, no. Allure of Darkness, no. Rope of Life, no. There was only one card left, and it had to be the one he wanted. Slowly he moved the Rope of Life Trap card out of the way, and gasped. There it was, there card he was after and the perfect one he needed to complete his deck. Arcana Knight Joker, a powerful fusion monster he had been searching for.

"Oh yeah!" He shouted jumping in the air, holding the card, and allowing the other cards to fall on the ground. The card store clerk glared at him with daggers for eyes. Ryker sheepishly grinned, as he bent over to pick up his other new card, and placing them in his extra card box. He but the box in his backpack, and then opened his deck box at his belt. He slipped in the Arcana Knight Joker card with the rest of his deck. He was so ready for this.

A minute later, he exited the shop, with his duel disk strapped onto his arm. It was primarily a steely grey, with a strip of red metal across the disk. He opened his deck box, and slipped out his deck. He placed it into the duel disk and couldn't help but smile. He was ready for this tournament. He began to walk along the street watching the people pass as he walked. Snugly in his back pocket was his locator card. As he walked he heard shouting and duel disks being activated. He turned to see a duel going on. He watched as the first duelist made his move. He walked up past the girl and stood beside Chance and asked, "This apart of the tournament?" Not realizing what was actually going on.

Oscar drew his 6th card. "I'll start with this! The spell card, Pot Of Duality! I look at the top three cards of my deck, and choose one to add to my hand. I'll add the Jurrac Velo to my hand, and I'll normal summon him! Finally, I'll set two cards facedown and attack your facedown monster!" The Jurrac Velo descended on the set monster with it's claws. "Velocity Slice!"

"So... What's your name?" Chance asked the girl. She looked at, frowning, then rolled Her eyes.
"Jasmine. Don't you forget it, dweeb. The sooner your punk friend wins this duel, the sooner I'm out of here." The girl said. Suddenly, a new duelist walked up, asking about the duel. Jasmine glared at him, while Chance said,
"Uh... Kinda?"

Just as Jurrax Velo's attack was about to hit Talent's face down card, a woman bearing a whip jumped out from under it and deflected the attack away, hitting the dinosaur with her whip. Talent laughed as Oscar lost life points.
"Hahaha! That's what you get for messing with the Dark Scorpions!" Talent exclaimed as his monster took a defensive position. Now it was Jasmine's turn to laugh.
"Dark Scorpion?!" She sputtered. "They're terrible! They have no support whatsoever!"
"Don't you mock the Dark Scorpions!" Talent exclaimed, pointing at Jasmine and turning a little red. He turned back to the duel. "Menae the Thorn's effect says when she inflicts battle damage, I can add a Card with Dark Scorpion in it's name to my hand. I'll add Dark Scorpion- Gorg the Strong to my hand."

Oscar was unfazed by his lifepoints falling by 100. "Ok, I'll let you have that. I end my turn." If this was what the rest of the duel was going to be like he would be very annoyed.
That Jasmine girl seemed really annoying too. He felt like just giving her Locator card to the other guy if he won, but he didn't think that was a realistic option.

Talent drew a Card from his deck, and set Another face-down monster card next to Menae the Thorn.
"I'll also activate the Spell Card, Reinforcements of the Army, to add another level dour or lower warrior type monster to my hand." Talent said, grabbing a card from his deck.
"And for my final act, I'll set another spell or trap card." Talent said as another face down card appeared. Talent smirked. "That's all for me."

Seth drew a new card as he began his turn. He was starting to get annoyed with all these facedowns. He was a simple guy. "I normal summon Jurrac Protops!" The dinosaur appeared on the field, it's veins glowing like molten lava. "This monster gains attack points for each monster you control!" It's attack increased from 1700 to 1900. "Now, I activate the spell card Mystical Space Typhoon on the second card you set to destroy it!" The tornado appeared from the card, spinning across to the set card and destroying it. "Now, Protops, attack Menae with your Beak Burning Bite!" Protops opened it's beaked jaw wide, fire charging up inside it's mouth, as it charged towards it's target.

Talent's eyes widened as his set card was destroyed.
"Ah, no!" Talent said. He looked up to see Protops charging towards Menae.
"Trap Card, Activate! Negate Attack!" Talent's remaining trap flipped up, and a wall of energy blocked off Protops, as well as the other dino.
"You're going to pay for destroying that set card!" Talent exclaimed, shaking his fist at Oscar.

The dinosaur was prevented from reaching it's enemy by a spinning vortex of energy, absorbing it's attack. Oscar wasn't really too happy to be dealing with Talent today. "Who's gonna make me, you? I end my turn." He wanted to speed up the duel, so he could get those Locator Cards back as fast as possible. It also occurred to him that he wasn't even sure if he would get a Locator card for winning this.

Talent added a card to his hand, glanced at it, and smiled.
"Darn right I'll make you pay. And with this!" Talent slapped another card down onto his duel disk. "I'll tribute my face down card to summon Dark Scorpion- Gorg the Strong!"
The face down card next to Menae the Thorn disappeared, only to be replaced with a large, bald, muscular man holding a large metal mace.
"I'll also switch Menae the Thorn to attack position. Why? You may ask. Has the duelist gone mad?" Talent smirked. "Gorg, smash that puny dino, attack Velo!"
Gorg charged at Jurrac Velo, swinging his club.
"And when Gorg inflicts damage, he can return a card You control to the top of your deck, in this case, your jurrac Protops!" Talent exclaimed.

Oscar flinched a little as the mace struck the scaly Velociraptor, the shards breaking away from his destruction dealing 100 more damage to his lifepoints. However, he was surprised that Protops was also launched away by the attack. "Hmph. I still have 3800 lifepoints. And this! When Jurrac Velo is destroyed by battle, I can special summon a Jurrac monster with 1700 or less ATK from my deck, so i'll resummon the Protops from the top of my deck!" He grinned. "I would hate to draw into a card I already have."

Talent growled at the reappearance of Jurrax Protops, and Menae looked worriedly at him.
"I end my turn." Talent said through gritted teeth. He had been hoping to clear Oscar's field so he could attack him directly, but now Menae was stuck, vulnerable in attack position.

Oscar drew his next card. This was good, he was in a position to make a comeback. Sadly, he didn't have the cards to attack Menae without taking a big risk, so he would have to target Gorg first. "I set a monster facedown. Now, Jurrac Protops, attack Gorg The Strong! Beak Burning Bite!" Another ball of heat energy started to gather in Protop's mouth as it attacked and destroyed the Level 5 monster, dealing 100 damage to Talent, lowering his LP. Oscar was satisfied with this, at least the immediate threat was removed. Protop's attack points fell down to 1800 now that only Menae was left. "I'll end my turn."

Talent drew a card, scowling. He glanced at the card he drew, and his scowl got worse. He slid the card he drew into a spell and traps card zone.
"Useless." He growled. Talent slapped another face-down monster on the field.
"I switch Menae the Thirn back to defense mode, and end my turn." Talent said as Menae went back to her kneeling position.

Oscar was surprised by how much his attitude had changed. Now he was just solemnly slapping cards down on the field seemingly without care. "Okay... I'll draw a card, and set a monster facedown." A facedown card appeared, floating next to the Jurrac Protops. "Now, Protops is back to 1900! Attack Menae the Thorn! Beak Burning Bite!" A third time, Protops started to charge up a ball of flame in it's mouth, opening it's beaked jaw wide.

"Heh, you fell for it! Trap Card, Activate! Minimize!" Talent said, smiling widely. The face down card behind Menae flipped up, revealing the Minimize card, and a beam shot out at Jurrac Protops, shrinking it down.
"Aw... A wittle baby dino..." Talent said to the now-tiny Protops.
Jasmine, on the other hand, turned a little red. She herself had a weakness for cute things, and thought that the tiny Protops looked quite adorable.

The Baby Protops's attack bounced off off Meanea, Oscar's LP falling by 900 to 2900. "And I guess that means you can activate Meanea's effect..." Oscar thought. "I guess I'll end my turn." He was in a bad position now, there was a chance he was going to have to use the Giant Rex.

"Right. I draw!" Talent said, drawing a card from his deck.
"I'll tribute my face-down card to summon back Dark Scorpion- Gorg the Strong!" The large, bald muscular man appeared again next to Menae. He was a big man, but now he seemed to tower over the baby Protops. He fixed the dino with an angry glare, and a low growl could be heard coming from him. Talent smirked again.
"Gorg, crush that dino!" Talent said, pointing at Protops. Gorg ran towards the tiny dino, swinging his mace at it.

The shrunken baby Jurrac Protops was easily squished by the Mace attack, Oscar growling as his LP fell by another 900 to 2000. Protops returned to it's normal size just in time to sink into the ground. "Great. And I bet you'll be sending away my facedown?"

"Indeed. The one on the right!" Talent said, pointing to the card in question. "Are you feeling the pressure yet?"
Meanwhile, Jasmine groaned and held her head.
"I swear, dweeb, if you lose I will beat the tar out of you!" Jasmine yelled at Oscar angrily.

Oscar groaned. He'd chosen the right one, although both facedowns were good for keeping himself in the fight. This Jasmine girl was really starting to get on his nerves. "Like you could do any better!" He growled. "Anyway, I don't have to give yours back to you, so let me concentrate at least!" He began his turn. "I draw! Now, I normal summon the Giant Rex! 2000 Attack points! He can destroy your Gorg The Strong! Might Bite!" The dinosaur crushed Gorg's Mace with it's crunching teeth, flinging the tribute monster away, and dealing 200 damage to Talent. "Now I'll end my turn!"

Chance could see Jasmine's face turn bright red when Oscar told her she might not get her locator card back.
"WHAT?!" Jasmine yelled. "HOW DARE YOU THREATEN ME, YOU INSIGNIFICANT PUNK! I REALLY WILL BEAT THE TAR OUT OF YOU!"
"Hey." Chance said, getting Jasmine's attention. "Shut up."
Jasmine spun around and walked down the alley way, trying to calm herself down.

"I draw." Talent said, a bit angry that Gorg, one of his strongest monsters, was defeated. Again. Looking over the cards in his hand, a strategy began to form in his mind.
"I'll switch Menae the Thorn to attack position, then activate the Spell card Secret Passage to the Treasure!" Menae rose to a standing position as a trap door opened in from of her, revealing a glowing, golden light. Menae got a greedy look in her eyes, and quickly jumped down the trap door.
"Secret Passage to the Treasure allows one monster I contol with 1000 or less attack to attack directly this turn! Menae, attack with Thorn Whip!"
A trap door suddenly opened up in front of Oscar, and Menae jumped up, striking at him with her whip. She winked at him, then jumped back into the Trap door which promply disappeared. Menae reappeared on Talent's side of the field, ready to fight.
"With her effect, I'll add Gorg the Strong from my grave to my hand. Then, I'll set one monster face-down and end my turn."

Oscar growled. He only had 1000 LP left, while Talent had 3700. And Jasmine throwing a huge fit meant he was struggling to concentrate on just dueling. "Gah, I'll draw! I'll set a spell/trap card facedown, and normal summon the Jurrac Monoloph!" The small, but fast dinosaur appeared on the field, zipping around. "Jurrac Monoloph can attack all monsters you control once each! So, destroy Menae! Speed Slash!" Monoloph zipped towards Menae, destroying her with a slice from it's clawed feet, dealing 500 damage to Talent. "Now! Attack the facedown!" The Legacy Hunter flipped face up, Monoloph bouncing off it." Oscar groaned. "Equal? Well, I guess Giant Rex can destroy it with a Might Bite!" The red dinosaur crushed the monster in it's jaws. "Now, I end my turn!"

Talent's widened in panic for a moment when Legacy Hunter was destroyed. So much for that strategy. As Talent's life points dropped, he recollected his thoughts.
I might not be able to win this... Talent thought, looking at his hand. But then again, I don't necessarily NEED to win, as long as I can escape.
"I summon Dark Scorpion- Cliff the Trap Remover!" Talent said. A glasses wearing man with similar clothes to Menae and Gorg appeared, holding a knife. He came out with a smirk, but it soon melted away when he saw the giant Dino.
"I'll also activate Twin Swords of Flashing Light- Tryce, and equip them to your Jurrac Monoloph!" Talent said, discarding a card from his hand. Two glowing swords fell from the sky, landing in front of the smaller dino. "This weakens your Monoloph by 500 points! Now, Cliff! Attack!"
Cliff ran at the Jurrac, slashing with his knife and destroying it, inflicting 200 more damage.
"And thanks to Cliff's effect, he'll destroy on,of your spell or traps! Destroy the one on the left!" Talent said. Cliff threw his knife at the face-down, and it exploded into pixels.
"With that, I end."

The small burn nimble Dino was destroyed, Oscar's LP falling to 800. He wasn't too worried about his Seismic Shockwave being destroyed, the match was soon to be over either way. "I'll draw! Now, I normal summon the Jurrac Gallim! It's time for battle! Giant Rex, destroy Cliff! Might Bite!" The Giant Dino crushed another enemy in it's colossal jaws, destroying Cliff and dealing 800 damage to Talent. "Now, Jurrac Gallim, use Beak Bash!" With a beak bash, Talent's LP fell by 1200, his LP now on 1200. "Now I'll end my turn."

"Gah!" Talent yelled, shielding himself with his duel disk when Cliff was destroyed. He looked at Oscar angrily, then down at his cards.
What the-?! I... I only have Gorg left in my hand?! Talent looked at his deck, angry. This stupid deck! I'm gonna lose!
Talent drew his card, and cursed aloud.
JACKPOT 7?! JACKPOT 7?! OF ALL THE TIMES TO DRAW JACKPOT 7, IT'S NOW?! Talent decomposed himself. It was no use. He had lost.
Talent powered down his duel disk with a sigh.
"It's over. You win." Talent said.