• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Your Wish Is Granted (A Madoka Magica RP)

Name: Tsumugi Morimoto

Wish: To be thin and beautiful

Soul Gem: A clear crystal, which is kept on a gold bangle on her left wrist, when in magical girl form.

Witch Form: Unknown

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tsumugi Morimoto had been fat for her entire life.

It had all started when she was about five years old. Her mother ran a bakery in town, and she was forever giving whichever cupcakes, and cookies, and muffins she couldn't sell to Tsumugi, who always happily took them. Back then, she couldn't care less about being overweight, or having to wear plus-size clothes, no, none of it mattered, as long as she got to eat her mother's treats. Whenever she felt sad, or angry, her mother would always have something delicious whipped up for her.

But it all changed Tsumugi's mother died.

Her beloved bakery closed down. Tsumugi's father had to work two jobs, to support himself and his daughter. And just to top it all off, Tsumugi's classmates were now starting to make fun of her weight. So she turned to the only comfort she knew; food, and began binge-eating. The pounds piled on, and she started to hate her fat body. But she couldn't stop.

Tsumugi tried everything. She tried to stop bingeing. She tried every diet out there. But even if she could contain the urge to binge for a bit, or stick to a diet, she'd always start bingeing again, and she'd regain all of the weight she'd lost, and more. She hated being bullied, she hated her constant urge to comfort herself with food, and most of all, she hated how fat she'd become...

And somehow, that had led to a white, ferret-like creature approaching her on the way home from school.

"The name's Kyubey," the creature began, "I'm an incubator, and I can grant any wish, no matter how big or small. All you'd have to do in return is become a magical girl."

Tsumugi was sceptical, at first. She had no idea what this white ferret thing was, or if it was even real. But at this point, she was beyond caring. She'd do anything to be thin, and to make the bullies stop. Even if it meant making a wish with this ferret thing.

Just to make sure that it was real, Tsumugi put her hand out, to touch it. Surprisingly, it felt a little like petting a cat.

"So, you can grant me anything?" she asked, "Anything at all?"

The ferret-like creature nodded. "Absolutely. You could wish for a giant cake, or for someone you care about to be brought back to life. And I guarantee that I can make it happen."

Tsumugi inhaled sharply. She thought that this whole thing was crazy. Magical girls only existed in anime, but then again, so did talking ferrets. This whole thing was probably just some crazy dream, which she'd wake up from in a few hours, but, even if just for a bit, she wanted to have her wish come true.

"Alright then, here's my wish."

The creature leaned in closer. "I'm listening."

"I want you to make me thin," she instructed, "No, I don't just want to be thin. I want to be thin, and beautiful. The most beautiful girl for miles around. Someone nobody will ever make fun of ever again."

Kyubey nodded. "Alright. Then hold still."

And with that, Tsumugi crumpled to the floor, as the creature held out its ears, and a burning sensation ran through her body. It was like being burned alive...

And when the burning subsided, Tsumugi's clothes were hanging off her. Her body felt light as air, like there was nothing holding it down. Her big tummy, and her thick thighs, and her round face were gone.

And in her palm, there was an oval-shaped, white gem.

"That's your soul gem," Kyubey explained, "It's where your magic comes from. With it, you can transform into a magical girl, and fight witches."

"What are witches?"

"Witches are...Fallen magical girls, let's say," Kyubey continued, "They fell into despair, and became monsters, who prey on innocent people. It's your duty to stop them, as a magical girl."

"Got it," she responded, "I'll be the best magical girl for miles around!"

Kyubey nodded affirmatively, swishing his tail, as he looked over the new magical girl. There was no telling how long she would last. Usually, he was able to put an accurate expiry date on all of his magical girls, but not on this one. Would her wish for beauty really solve all of her problems? Or would plunge her quickly into despair? The incubator couldn't wait to find out.

His attention was quickly drawn to a grief seed, sticking out of a nearby building. If that was anything to go by, it meant that a witch was around, somewhere...

"Well," he began, "It looks as if you've got your first assignment."

Tsumugi gave him a surprised look. "What?"

Kyubey gestured behind her. "There's a witch nearby. I can see a grief seed sticking out from that building. Find it, and defeat it."

Tsumugi nodded. "Alright. Better transform first, then."

And she held up her new soul gem, initiating her transformation. A loose, white Greek style chiton, held in place by two gold buttons, appeared first, followed by a pair of gold sandals. Next, two bangles, one bearing the same white crystal of her soul gem, attached themselves to her wrist. Finally, Tsumugi's weapons, a pair of flensing knives appeared, and with that, she was ready.

The city became a bizarre, circus-like land, as Tsumugi ran toward the grief seed. Strings were hanging from the ceiling, each of them bearing pretty things. Jewellery, books, stuffed animals, candy, everything, it seemed, that a young girl might want.

And right in the middle, surrounded by stuffed animals, was a cheetah-like being, who was sobbing pitifully into its paws.

Tsumugi glanced down at her knives. "Well, guess this is it."

Name: Hayku Kagome

Wish: Emotional Strength

Soul Gem: The standard egg-shaped crystal, and hers is a hot pink. Her Soul Gem rests in the center of a cherry blossom design in her Magical Girl form.

Witch Form: Unknown

Since you included a gender part, I'm assuming that we can do male characters, but I'll wait just in case.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hayku looked at the grief seed warily. She had seen another magical girl enter, and she seemed to be a new one, at that. Transforming, she decided to go in. She wore a pink scarf, covering her mouth, a pair of pastel pink arm warmers, covering her hands up to her fingertips, and an armored top of pink and pale gold. it split around her belly button, unlike most magical girl transformations, which were usually dresses. The skirt was relatively short and consisted of two pale gold armor plates, one having a cherry blossom design and her Soul Gem on it, over a pink skirt. She wore pale gold socks that went up above her tall hot pink boots. After transforming, Hayku entered the Labyrinth.

She saw the other magical girl right away. She was certainly beautiful. Almost...abnormally so. Hayku summoned her weapon, an elegant court sword of pale gold and pink, and approached. "Uhm, hi," she said, then acted reflexively, slicing apart one of the mini-mobs--that was the term she referred to the smaller monsters in a Labyrinth--when it jumped towards her. She didn't get the chance to see what it was. "So you're new, right?" Dangit, Hayku, of course she's new! You SAW her make her contract! Hayku mentally kicked herself.

(Yup, Magical Boys are welcome, too!)

Tsumugi clenched her hands around her knives, facing the stranger. Judging by her fanciful clothing, and the gem, which appeared to glow with the force of the girl's very life, she was a magical girl too.

"Guess you could say that," Tsumugi said haughtily, "I literally just made a contract with that white space ferret...Apparently, I'm supposed to kill this witch thing..."

The witch's name was displayed in runes above the girls' heads. Desiree, the cheetah witch, with a persistent nature. And it showed, for whenever it dared reach for the things on the strings, they'd be yanked away, but still, it kept trying for them.

(OOC: Alright, then I'll make another character! :)
Name: Kentaro Akiyama

Wish: Bravery

Soul Gem: Navy blue, kept in a bow tie in his magical form

Witch Form: Alleron, the climbing Witch. He will do whatever it takes to prove his bravery, including the most foolhardy things.)

(BIC)

"Then I guess we'd better get to it, huh?" Hayku replied, and she thought for a second. "We could cover each other or something," she proposed. She wanted to make sure that this was done quick.

"Guess we could," Tsumugi conceded, "We're both magical girls. There's no reason why we shouldn't work together..."

The witch finally tired of going after the things on the strings, and instead, went back on its haunches, noticing the presence of two magical girls, much like the one it had been before.

"Looks like it's gonna attack. Here it comes!"

Tsumugi drew her knives, just as the witch came speeding toward them. The new magical girl dived to the left, and then tried to attack from behind.

Hayku jumped instead of diving, attacking as many mini-mobs as she could in a somewhat graceful and fluid motion. She was fighting on adrenaline, not someone else's emotions, for the time being, and kept lookout for more assailants.

Seemingly angered by the death of its minions, the witch instead went for Hayku, emitting a deafening roar, as the strings in the barrier were all pulled away.

Tsumugi was awestruck, by how experienced the other magical girl seemed to be...But she shook it off, and decided to go for the witch. Once it was gone, Mitakihara was safe...

Putting everything into a blind attack, Tsumugi leapt forward, attempting to cut the witch in two. It sustained a lot of damage, but wasn't quite done yet.

Hayku sliced at the witch when it attacked, letting out a startled yelp. She was definitely not expecting that move, but could roll with it. "I think it's almost done!" she shouted to the other magical girl. "That was a great attack there!"

"Thanks!" Tsumugi breathed, landing with an unceremonious thud. This witch wasn't particularly strong, but fighting was still taking a lot outta her.

The witch hung back, ready to retreat. It wasn't going to get to retreat, though. Not on Tsumugi's watch.

"Ok, this should be it. Here goes!"

Tsumugi retracted her knives, and then threw them straight at the creature. It dodged one, but the other got lodged in its chest.

(OOC: I really hope this isn't counted for autoing...Sorry if it is...)

(BIC) Hayku watched as the witch perished from Tsumugi's hit. She grabbed the grief seed and the labyrinth faded. They were left right where they had been before. Hayku looked over to Tsumugi. "Here," she said, holding out the grief seed she had taken. "Since you're new, I'll show you how to use them. See how your soul gem is kind of cloudy? Hold the grief seed to it."

(Nope, it's fine)

Tsumugi glanced down at her soul gem. Truth be told, it was starting to look a little cloudy.

Wordlessly, she accepted the grief seed, noting its rather strange design. She held it to her soul gem, and in an instant, the cloudiness was gone, and it was back to its brilliant white once more.

"Heh, it's like in a videogame," she remarked, "Kill enemies, get loot. This whole magical girl thing might not be so bad. Then again, it is my first day on the job..."

Tsumugi thought about revealing the reason for her wish to the other magical girl, but soon decided against it. All she'd wished for was to be beautiful, whereas the other magical girl might have wished for something far more noble. She didn't want to make an enemy on her first day.

Hayku laughed. "Yeah, I guess it kind of is," she said. "I'm Hayku, by the way." Hayku held out her hand for a handshake. She hoped that she could be friends with this new magical girl. Her partner's soul gem had become contaminated about a week ago, and she didn't have anyone to fight with.

"Tsumugi," she replied, taking her hand, "It's a pleasure to meet you, I guess...Well, you did explain the whole grief seed thing, and help me kill that witch..."

The white ferret had told her that witches were fallen magical girls, but nothing about that witch had made her think so. It wasn't even remotely human. The only indication that it might have been a magical girl was the crest atop its grief seed, much like the one on her soul gem.

Hayku shrugged. "No big deal. To be honest..." she took a breath. "Okay, so our wishes give us...powers. Mine was for, well, let's just say that I was having a tough time with emotions. My power is basically this: when I'm fighting, I get sort of a boost from the emotional strength of others around me. So I'm better off fighting with someone else. Fighting alone is...well, it's more difficult and a lot more dangerous for me. And...About a week ago, my partner..." her eyes moved downward to the ground. She sighed. "...Yeah." Hayku brought her gaze back upwards. It must have been awkward for Tsumugi; she had known her for maybe ten minutes and was opening up like this. "Maybe we could be friends and fight together?"

"Yeah, suppose we could," Tsumugi answered, "There's strength in numbers...Especially cuz of your powers, and we'll need it against those witches..."

Tsumugi took a moment to think about the witch they had just slain. Magical girls could have any wish they wanted, couldn't they? So she had to wonder what that witch had wished for, that had driven her to the depths of despair, and turned her into a monster.

Tsumugi knew full well that her wish was selfish. But it wouldn't kill her, would it? All she asked for was to be able to drop the weight. To take away the one reason the kids at school had to bully her. There was no way a wish like that could ever backfire...Could it?

The magical girl swallowed. "You're probably gonna hate me for this," she began, "But all I wished for was to be thin."

Hayku laughed softly. "Why would I hate you for that?" she asked. "This is probably going to sound a little creepy, but I saw you make the contract. And," Jesus Christ, this is going to sound insensitive... "I...can kind of see why you might have made that wish. But hey, we can't go back now."

"I suppose not," she replied, eyes widening, at the notion that she'd been seen. Tsumugi hadn't just been a bit on the pudgy side. Tsumugi wasn't curvy. She had been honestly, grossly overweight, so much so that she couldn't buy clothes at mall stores, and couldn't get school uniforms in her size.

"Say, if you're a magical girl, I guess that means you know that white ferret," she answered, "What's his deal? Does he like, sense kids who have wishes? Or does he just approach anyone for a wish?"

Hayku nodded. "Oh, yeah. I know Kyubey. I'm not sure how he knows who to ask, though." She thought for a second. "Maybe he does sense it. He can grant wishes, so I wouldn't be surprised if he has some sort of magic that lets that work too." Her brows creased. "Hang on, what if your parents don't recognize you when you go home?"

Tsumugi sighed. "My dad's never home anymore, since he had to get two jobs to support us," she sighed, "And when he is, he's too drunk to even look at me, or acknowledge me. Mum, meanwhile...."

Tsumugi paused for a moment, unsure of how she should word it. "Well...She's not around anymore. She died suddenly three years ago. She had an aneurysm in the kitchen, and that was it."