1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Top 5 Favourite Games.

Discussion in 'General Video Game Discussion' started by GreninjaTrainer013, May 1, 2017.

1. GreninjaTrainer013

Friend Code:
    2079-6156-9293
    Steam:
    DarkAlex063
    Which games do you like the most?

Here would be mine... (Favourite to most favourite)

5: Super Mario Galaxy 2
    4: Sonic Mania
    3: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    2: Mother 3
    1: Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon

#1 GreninjaTrainer013, May 1, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  2. 1. Crash Bandicoot
    2. Pokemon Crystal
    3. Pac-man World
    4. Undertale
    5. Megaman (all the classic games, because I can't decide)

3. I changed it:

• 1: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
    • 2: Rayman 2: The Great Escape (Dreamcast)
    • 3: Pokemon Fire Red
    • 4: Cave Story
    • 5: Undertale

GreninjaTrainer013 likes this.
  4. It's subject to change like my profile everything every monthbor something.

5. Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones
    4. Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness
    3. Persona 4 Golden
    2. Marvel vs. Capcom 2
    1. Shin Megami Tensei IV (and Apocalypse)

5. 5. Super Street Fighter IV
    4. Pokemon Y
    3. Mario 64
    2. Grandia II
    1. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

6. Oh gosh... Hmm. In no particular order:

Diablo 2
    Legend of Dragoon
    Pokemon GSC
    Minecraft
    Don't really have a fifth 'cause I can't decide, but it would probably be Halo: CE.

7. Magpie

Magpie Feathered Overseer
    Staff Member Moderator

Friend Code:
    3024-5774-0408
    Nintendo Network:
    SilvMagpie
    Xbox Live:
    SilvMagpie
    5) Diablo 3
    Love love love Diablo 3. I first had it on my Mac, but once they released it for console I swiftly moved to my Xbox. I'm only missing one achievement on the game, which is for completing 500 Bounties. I hop on every now and then to do a few, so eventually I'll get it xD

4) Spyro The Dragon
    Childhood memories. Easily some of my younger brother and mine's fondest memories were spent on Spyro. Although Crash Bandicoot and Hype the Time Quest come very close. I just loved that game.

3) Bioshock
    I wasn't as keen on Bioshock 2, but Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite are just masterpieces. Infinite is a beautiful, beautiful game. The song from the DLC - Burial at Sea Episode 2 La Vie en Rose is something I could listen to on repeat over and over again.

2) Pokemon
    Not going to narrow this down to any one game, and just say that as a whole, Pokemon is absolutely one of my favourite games. Always has been and probably always will.

1) Destiny
    I'm not sure why, or what it is that I love about Destiny so much, but I never get bored or tired of playing it, even if I'm literally just running around doing nothing. I've had since it came out and although I've had many breaks from playing, I've overall stuck with it over the years and always end up back playing and enjoying myself. @KoL and I have had many a good victory against the odds xD I wish more 'Charms members played, as we could have a nifty 'Charms clan. Maybe when Destiny 2 comes out... :D

Shrine and GreninjaTrainer013 like this.
  8. KoL

KoL Expert FPS Player
    Staff Member Moderator

5. Unreal Tournament GOTY and Unreal Tournament 2004 tie for No. 5 due to how similar they are. Much fun was had in my teenage and university years dropping flak grenades on players and blasting their brains out with sniper rounds. I miss these more manic, fast-paced times of the FPS genre, and many unfortunate students at my uni were made my bitch after getting dunked on by my glorious slaughter.

4. Undertale is a seemingly simple game on the surface, the retro graphics hide a very meticulously made game where the creator thought of every possibility to enhance the gameplay experience. The characters and narrative are wonderful, the gameplay is very unique, the soundtrack varies from hilariously catchy to utterly chilling and is amazing through the entire spectrum, and considering I was a huge fan of Earthbound, which Undertale takes some inspiration from, it stands to reason that I really enjoyed this. Undertale is a very short game but it's so unique and entertaining that I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to have a good time. The man behind this game is a genius.

3. I'll never forget how much Pokemon Gold & Silver amazed me when I was a young boy with a full head of hair and no beard at all. There was the clock, the (now VERY annoying) phone, the timed events, the sheer number of things these games could do compared to Gen I was incredible, and I still have fond nostalgia of these two games. I was very happy to hear they will be getting Virtual Console releases later this year.

2. I lost count of the amount of times I played through Metroid Fusion and since it was the catalyst of me getting into video games as a whole it's a pretty important game in my life to say the least. I ended up collecting and beating all of the other Metroid games in the franchise bar Federation Force (which doesn't count anyway because it's a pile of shit) after I finished Fusion, and besides the disgraceful shit-show that was Other M the entire series has been incredible to play through.

1. I'm very fond of FPS games as the first two entries suggest, so it stands to reason that the game that first got me into the genre is my favourite game of all time. I first played Doom about 20 years ago and I still play it now, and I can't see any game dethroning it from the top of this list now. No game gives me a guaranteed good time better than the original Doom does, and I ended up with quite a collection of FPS games from the 90s as a result of that first Doom experience.

HONOURABLE MENTION:

Daikatana - HAH no.

If I'm being honest, given the overall quality of the two games vs how much I play them, I decided Undertale deserved the spot on the list more than Destiny did, after all while Destiny is currently the game I play more than any other right now by quite a wide margin (which is why it gets the honourable mention, and deservedly so,) that alone isn't really enough to justify it having a Top 5 position. Destiny is fun to play, its high points are truly amazing and it's impressive how well the clunky launch was turned around with the Taken King and Rise of Iron. However, when you play as game as much as this its flaws become very apparent - I could write a book on them by now, but for now all I'll say is that when Destiny is bad, it's on par with the aforementioned Daikatana, and I cannot justify a game that can contain elements of such awful quality being in my Top 5 - especially when Bungie have frequently shown themselves too lazy to fix the issues. As much as I enjoy this game, its overall quality is wildly inconsistent across the board, and when it's good it's great, but when it's bad it absolutely sucks. At least I have an awesome team-mate to help me through the worst (and best) of it.

#8 KoL, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  9. OnePiecefan11

Steam:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/shadowgirl700/
    This might change later on, but here's my list so far.

5. Yo-Kai Watch- I was skeptical about buying it at first, but after playing it I think say it's awesome. I gotten used to battle system and it is pretty funny. Especially Whisper's dialogue.

4. Sam&Max: Save the World- Let me just say that it was a pain for me being able to play this at first. Seeing the game normally won't run on Windows 10 and that's what I have. I got it to work finally and this game is so memorable to me. Not necessarily because of gameplay, but because of the writing being so clever. I'll get to playing the other games when I have the time.

3. Pokémon Black/White- Possibly the best main Pokémon game in the series. Not only because I love Gen 5 so much.

2. Saints Row The Third- Funny how this series is my favorite and this game isn't number one. I'll get there when I get there though. This was the first Saints Row I played game and I had a blast! And I still do when I go back to it. Even if the story is not the best; the gameplay, dialogue, and characters are what really does it for me.

1. Mother 3- Seeing how the Mother series is my favorite RPG franchise I felt like one of the games had to make the list. And I feel like no matter what other game I play, nothing could top this. Everything about this game I love. From the stellar music, to the wonderful cast of characters, to its charming humor. I would honestly say Mother 3 is almost close to perfect. And don't get me started on the final battle.

#9 OnePiecefan11, Jul 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  10. I´m going make another top 5, since my opinions tend to change over the time:

1. Rayman 2: The Great Escape: My favourite game of all times is Rayman 2. Great level design, catchy music, and great character design and development. The game added new game mechanics, like the Shell sections. The bosses are not bad, but the ones in the first game are better in my opinion. Another reason why I would pick Rayman 2 over Rayman 1 is because of it´s darker tone. There´s even a moment where the main villain eats a lum. You can even play a beta version of the game in the PS1 version.
    2. Spyro 2: Ripto´s Rage/Gateway to Glimmer: New characters, character development and new abilites you can buy from Moneybags (another character added in this game). The levels are bigger, and they feature a lot of missions and mini-games you need to complete to get the game´s collectables: Orbs. The game only has 3 bosses, but they don´t consist on running and running and running. No, this are real Boss FIGHTS.
    3. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back: The soundtrack is very catchy, the game also add new characters, like N. Gin (one of my favourite characters from CB). One thing that I love about CB2 are it´s secret levels. I felt like a GOD when I was 6 and I found all the coloured gems. The boss fights are not very good, the Cortex Boss Fight in particular. The game is super fun, and it fixes a lot of problems from the first game.
    4. Cave Story: Fun characters, dark story, and great level design. The bosses are a challenge, so you better be prepared. Cave Story is one of the first indie games ever, and it features different weapons you can get, and new abilities.
    5. Undertale: One of the best videogame soundtracks out there, funny characters with very different personalities, a great, dark and mysterious lore, with 3 different endings, lots of equipment and hard boss battles (especially Sans).

11. catolotl

catolotl Likes Trains

Steam:
    mhairigood
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    These two games deal with mental illness and other issues that I have personally been suffering with through every single day for most of my life now. Due to recent events, The Cat Lady has hit me a lot harder in the feels than it first did due to my mothers own illnesses occurring. These two are my favourite for not only being so relatable, but also having such powerful messages attached to them. However, if I had to choose between Downfall and The Cat Lady for first place; it would be The Cat Lady every time.

[​IMG]
    A game that my best friend, @StellarWind Elsydeon, had kindly given to me before Steam decided that friends from oversea could no longer send games back and forth to each other as gifts. Still hella miffed about that. This game is amazingly fun to play! I can't say much without giving something away, but the short version is that it can actually be pretty damn scary. Don't let those graphics fool you! It is a multi-ending game too. I freakin' love those.

[​IMG]
    Do you like being happy? Laughing? Comedic timing and sharp wit? Then why haven't you bloody played this game yet?! The Darkside Detective is hilarious. Less about horror and more about paranormal events whilst dishing out some of the most humorous jokes that I've seen in a very long time. I managed to get @StellarWind Elsydeon to play it and he's on the same page with me about how badass this game is. Please try if out if you have the funds and time. It's worth every penny. You even get a free DLC with it!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Best horror game that I've came across. I 100% completed the first one and then immediately played and completed The Last Door: Season 2. It's full of brilliant puzzles and the story, plot and characters are spectacular. These two rival Downfall and The Cat Lady. The Last Door series is actually scary, but not because of jump scares nor gore. It's the story telling. PHENOMENAL game; I wish there was more! Sadly, TLD series seems to be completed. They've moved onto create a game called Blasphemous which I'm very much looking forward to getting my claws on.

[​IMG]
    Ahhh, the Corpse Party series. If you're a fan of horror games then you must know of this classic! This game is hella ancient and has been remade several times now. My favourite character is Seiko; always has been. I just wanted to gush about her for a few sentences. It's a story that revolves around a haunted school with the ghosts of children involved. Each chapter can have a different ending, but only one of them will let you progress! Your choices matter and if you loved reading the Goose Bumps books, then you will freakin' love this game. I don't know if I would call it scary, but it is most certainly damn interesting. It has been a favourite of mine for decades now. I even read the manga versions. I'm obsessed.

What do you mean that's not five? It so totally is.

Merciless Medic likes this.
  12. StellarWind Elsydeon

StellarWind Elsydeon Armblades Ascendant
    Staff Member Administrator

Can confirm - Darkside Detective is frelling amazing. I wouldn't call it one of my top 5 (I don't even know what my top 5 are!) But it is still brilliant.

Merciless Medic and catolotl like this.
  13. OK. Here are mine.

#5: Undertale

KoL Already said why its great.

#4: Dragon Ball Raging Blast 2/Dragon Ball Fusions

I love these two games equally, While Fusions is better, Raging blast 2? Nostalga. I can't even explain these games in full detail, I would be underappreciating them. Just play them.

#3: Legend of Zelda: Breath of the wild
    What can I say that hasn't been said?

#2: Super Mario Odyssey
    Again, nothing to say except that its not #1 because I haven't beat all the levels yet, and I'm not sure if those level endings are gonna be good enough to get #1, also, Jump-rope challenge. STOP.

#1: Splatoon 2
    This game. THIS GAME. ARGH ITS TOO GOOD!...This game is amazing, with more weapon types than the first game, better hub(My opinion), better ONLINE SERVICE, better story mode(Particularly the final boss and its music), and its just BETTER! Plus, there's DLC on the way, and it looks great!

Yes. I'm a Nintendo Fanboy. also. why is it that when Nintendo touch any genre, they make better games than anyone else?

14. Tarak0na

Tarak0na Guest

In no particular order...

-Sonic Colours
    I originally played this game on the DS. before I played this game, all I had ever played were those shovelware petz and movie-based games. I thought gaming was boring and not worth it. boy, was I wrong! The first game I ever actually played was a bootleg version of frogger, but I'll forever respect this game as the true first one I played.

-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
    One of my first Pokemon games. still my favorite mystery dungeon to this day, and the reason I love gen 5 so much and also why my Pokesona is a Axew/Fraxure/Haxorus.

-Pokemon X (and Y but I've only ever played X)
    Will forever be the #1 game I was ever hyped for. As hyped as I am, not even the upcoming Smash Bros Ultimate even scrapes close to how excited X and Y made me. I personally prefer this game over ORAS and SM/USUM.

-Super Smash Bros Brawl
    My first ever smash bros game. I know it has flaws, but nothing will ever top those exciting memories of unlocking Sonic, my friend thinking that ROB was Wall-e, Brawl screenshot videos, The Ice Climbers and Pokemon Trainer, and the Subspace Emissary. Here's to Ultimate!

-Pikmin 3
    One of the extremely rare Wii U games that hasn't been ported either to 3DS or Switch. It (and the entire Pikmin series) is very underrated, IMO. gotta love this game for the balance between Pikmin 1's extreme rush and Pikmin 2's "do whatever the heck you want my dude" to create sort of a "do whatever the heck you want but make sure you have enough juice".

Three of these games are from 2013 what the heck

15. Here are my top five games, in order, from least to greatest. Keep in mind they're all fantastic, just some are better than others.

5.) Pokemon Diamond [Nintendo DS] -
    These are by far my favorite Pokemon games. I love everything about Sinnoh. The Pokemon (especially the Chimchar, Shinx, and Shieldon lines), the land, and the leaders. I never completed it (I've only ever beaten Black when it comes to Pokemon) but I loved it. And Dialga is just stinkin' cool. I mean, come on. A time-altering steel dragon? Count me in!

4.) Super Mario Bros [Nintendo Wii] - I have so many fond memories of screeching at my friends while they through me into the abyss in this game. Of smacking my brother when he bounced off of my head and sacrificed me to a piranha plant. Of finally beating Level 8-1. It was hard, alright? Just overall, this was a blast to play. Whenever I would have sleepovers with two or three friends, we'd play this until we were too enraged to continue. Then we'd go play Roblox after lights out because we were such savage rebels 8)

3.) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves [PS4] - Okay, can we all agree that the opening scene for this game was fantastic? I'm gonna put it in a spoiler for anyone who wants to keep it under wraps if they plan to play in the future.
    The game opens and you are hanging off the side of a cliff, while gripping a train. You have to scramble up the side of the train as it slides off slowly. After wandering along, the game goes flashback mode on you, and you play your way to the train.
    Now, Uncharted 1 and 3 were both still awesome (I'm still playing through the third one), but Uncharted 2 rose above. It built of strengths of the first game, while also helping its weaknesses. The whole story- all the deceptions and non-stop chaos- gah, it was amazing! I loved it, except the villain was very generic, but most Uncharted villains are. So what can you do?

2.) Batman: Arkham City [PS4] - Another amazing PS4 game. This game, just like Uncharted 2, took everything good about the first game, and made it better. The combat, the scale of the world, the villains, the sidequests- all of it. It also helps that I love Batman (as is evident by my series here on Charms). Flowing through hoards of crooks while kicking the crap out of them was a blast. Then the missions where you could locate political prisoners and just drop on their attackers was fun. And the telephone missions (not gonna say any more than that). The telephone missions were great. NOTE: The "Other Sidequests" spoiler actually has spoilers if you haven't played.
    I will say, though, some sidequests were pretty disappointing. The Deadshot quest, for example. I track this expert marksman for what? So I can sneaky-sneak up to him and one-punch him? That's a hard pass. And... actually, that's the only sidequest I didn't like. Wow. I accidentally got whisked into Mad Hatter's quest, and I liked it. I did Azrael's and Freeze's. They were both fun. Mostly solid sidequests, I guess.
    Definitely a great game. Hoping to play Arkham Knight soon.

1.) Super Smash Bros Brawl [Nintendo Wii] - Another great party game lands at the top of my list. I'm not so much a fan anymore (though I am hyped for the new one), but what gets me every time is the memories. The nostalgia. Electrocuting my friends to death with Pikachu's Down+1 (or Down+B for all you Nunchuck losers) was always fun, even if they hated me for it. I even remember playing with my brother, and making up quests for him to play. He'd have one life, and I'd be the villains he'd have to defeat in order to save the Smash World. The plots were never strong, but the experience was amazing. Like I said, I'm not as into it anymore. But it's still number one on my list, so that should tell you how much it meant to me back then.

So there you have it. My top 5 games. But it'll all be shifted back a spot on September 7th of this year. That's right-
    SPIDER-MAN

16. 5. Crash Bandicoot 3: My favourite PS1 games. The best of the trilogy. It added a lot of mechanics and ideas that changed the gameplay a little bit, but were really fun, like the chance to play as Coco, Crash´s sister, vehicle levels that were not that bad, but I still prefer the others. It also added new characters, and the ability to gain power-ups when you defeat a boss. The soundtrack is also pretty cool and catchy.

4. Call of Duty: Black Ops: Shooters are my weakness, and CoD: BO is one of the best, featuring one of the best campaings, of the franchise, and a lot of great levels with epic moments. Simply one of my favourites.

3. Assassins Creed II: Recently played this one. In my opinion, Ezio is one of the most carismatic and interesting characters in the history of videogames. The story in this game is incredible, although there are some things I would change. There are also side-missions, like races or assassinations contracts to gain some money and lose time. The videos of Subject 16 also tell you a story when you collect them all. This game is a master piece.

2. Rayman Legends: Hands down, the best 2D platformer. THE. BEST. Fast gameplay and amazing artwork are a theme in this game. You can play as various characters, play the levels of Rayman Origins, play football with your friends, or play daily challenges to compare your score with other players around the world. Pretty awesome game.

1. Life is Strange: If I had to choose one videogame. ONE videogame, that would be LIS. This game is a master at playing with your emotions. It´s full of emotional moments are hard decisions. It has different endings, and the great amount of decisions to make can change the story of your playthrough, it´s an amazing game. The OST is so sad, and feels me with joy everytime I hear it, because it makes me remember of all the stuff I´ve been through while playing the game. Square Enix and Dontnod Entertainment made one of the best games I ever played. THE best game I ever played.

Mockingchu likes this.