• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your Theme-based Teams

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I know for certain we've had this topic before, but I can't locate one within the last 3 months or so - thus making a new one. Anyways, have you guys ever made a team based on a certain theme? If so, what theme did you follow and which Pokemon did you choose?

While I've considered building theme based teams for ages, I'd never actually made one until recently - unless my "dream team" would count (built that one last year). My latest team for my Pearl game (restarted it for the 4th time) is an all Flying-type theme. It goes without saying that they're all dual-types XP

My choices probably could've been more solid and more powerful Pokemon, but I didn't want to use anything that I'd recently trained ('recently' being since gen 2 XD). So, I ended up with these six:

- Doduo
- Mantyke
- Skarmory
- Combee (Female :p)
- Swablu
- Gligar (Not yet born!)

It's a fun little team so far, and I'm pretty happy with the choices. :)
Roark gave me a bit of heck, but between Mantyke and Skarmory I managed to rip through him. Can't say I'm too worried about Gym #2 or 3, but the 8th should be amusing xD

Well, I am starting a -Bird theme- team consisting of-
Pidgeot
Skarmory
Honchkrow
Pelliper
Altaria
Xatu
Not Togekiss, because it doesn't have a beak! XD

Oh god, I'm full of themed teams. I'll be here a while I think.

First successful one is my Grass Type team, with the obvious restriction of everyone being at least part-Grass. That has Exeggutor, Parasect, Torterra, Cradily, Jumpluff and Roserade. It also doubles as a pseudo-Sunny Day/Trick Room team, depending on the day.

Second one and third one are still a work in progress really, but considering I haven't touched my DS in forever... I dunno when they'll be done.

They're a Rock-type team and a not-fully-evolved team, being made up of Aerodactyl, Kabutops, Omastar, Relicanth, Tyranitar and Lunatone; and Monferno, Sneasel, Dusclops, Magneton, Gligar and Krabby respectively.

I've done teams based on characters from the anime.

My latest one was a team based on Paul i had torterra, honchcrow, electivire, magmortor, weavile, gliscor. I know weak against ice but these where the only ones of pauls which i had trained up.

I like double battles more than singles (more thinking into the combos) but a theme team that I have isa good rain dance team.
Vaporeon, Ludicolo, Lanturn, Jolteon, Porygon-Z, Mantine

Yeah most will ether no surf or thunder beside rain dance itself. don't forget damp rocks as items.

i play a Ghost themed team on occasion, unless i'm going up against some crazy Dark-type user.

Team is
Drifblim
Giratina
Rotom (in whatever forms most useful)
Spiritomb
Gengar
and Shedinja for hilarity!

i had alot of fun with a Normal type team on shoddy for the longest time.

Snorlax
Girafarig
Dodrio
Dunsparce
Kecleon
Smeargle

The only themed team I have is an eevee evolution team *is lame* But I did coordinate their names and elements to the characters in Legend of Dragoon!

Eevee - Shana
Jolteon - Haschel
Vaporeon - Albert
Flareon - Dart
Espeon - Miranda
Umbreon - Rose
Leafeon - Lavitz
Glaceon - Meru
http://www.geocities.com/diaz42886/characters.html

I plan on making a Poison themed team next though.

[quote author=Spix link=topic=6765.msg120150#msg120150 date=1254339738]
The only themed team I have is an eevee evolution team *is lame* But I did coordinate their names and elements to the characters in Legend of Dragoon!

thats quite possibly the coolest thing ive ever heard, actually
[/quote]

*highfives* I freaking love Legend of Dragoon

To keep my post on topic, I'm also planning an Electric themed team, after the Poison one is finished.

S

sheesheesh

I'm attempting to create an ultimate Flying-type team. It would have Crobat, Fearow, Altaria, Xatu, Gyarados and Gliscor. Still needs Altaria and Gliscor. I would teach them all the best Flying moves, except one, which would be entirely for annoyance.

Haha! *pokes siggy* Clearly Dark Pokemon is my main theme.

Bold Umbreon - Toxi
Timid Houndoom - Aldy
Adament Tyranitar - Tark
Careful Sableye - Puck
Naive Honchkrow - Vinny
Jolly Weavile - Aztek

:D

I am making a dog one consisting of just a Vulpix, Ninetales, Growlithe, and Arcanine.

I also am making a "power" themed one I guess. I'm training a team that I think will own my friends' because I plan on a local tournament.

Also a water team for my "Team Hydra" I'm its leader Blisk.
Plus water is just my favorite type.

My ideal Fire team would consist of....

Charizard
Ninetales
Blaziken
Arcanine
Typhlosion
Flareon

I would have had Magmar in that last slot, but they ruined that line with Magmortar.

If I were to create a poison based team I would use:

Gengar
Seviper
Roserade
Nidoking
Toxicroak
Crobat

Naturally I stick primarily with dual types so I don't have such a glaring weakness. Seviper I use out of past experiences of dominancew with him over my friends.

Gengar is a solid staple because it is very resistant and acts as a good sp. sweep by allowing his resistances to cover his poor defences.

Toxicroak is a newer addition and I use him, as well as crobat, primarily as a means of launching off some unexpected attacks to catch my opponents off-guard.

I was never a fan of roselia until I saw its shiny form, and now I have taken a liking to it. It's not all that sturdy but the typing is fun to use and a venusaur was lacking in my mind.

I was thinking up a Mustelidae based team recently, but I haven't managed to figure out 6 members.

Typhlosion
Furret
Linoone
Floatzel
Weavile

Any ideas for that lase slot?

I have a psychic team...Not a very good one, but a team nonetheless...
A Metagross would be the defensive-based pokemon.
Gardevoir, Alakazam and Girafarig would be used for attacking.
Hypno would be used for status-inflicting and mild attacking.
Xatu would be used for protective purposes.

back when i played saphire a few years back i made a pretty sweet flying which consisted of

Pigeot
Mantine- surf user
Tropius- because it is part hrass and it looks funny
Aerodactyl- to counter electrik types
skarmory
Xatu- for special attak basically

i also had a water team at one stage but is wasnt very good and i cant remember what qas in it

Btw how do u hav a profile picture(im new)