• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your Starter - Take 2

Which will you choose?

• Naetle

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Hikozaru

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Pochama

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Other (ie. All three)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I was simply going to edit the original poll and erase all the votes, but I figure it'll be interesting to see how the results differ now that the evos/base stats/types for each line have been revealed. The Cryptidex has all that information if you have yet to view it.

Anyways... I'm more torn than ever now. Hikozaru undoubtedly has the coolest looking line as far as I'm concerned, but I enjoy Naetle and it's mid stage evo, too. Pochama's line I'm not all that interested in, even if it is (as Oak put it) a penguin knight :p I'm sure with time and higher quality pictures I'll warm up to it, tho.

So I'll hold my final vote for now ^^;

--------------------------------

Original poll results, just for easy comparison:

Naetle (Grass) - 3 (15%)
Hikozaru (Fire) - 5 (25%)
Pochama (Water) - 9 (45%)
Other (ie. All three via trading) - 3 (15%)

20 votes total

yea im likin the monkey hes git the coolest evos not big on pochama but ive always picked fire pokemon so ill probably go with the monkey

I'm too mad to care. The went and did ANOTHER FIGHTING FIRE STARTER even though we just had one last gen. So i'm really pissed

Yeah, that Gokuzaru looks like the one for me, especially considering I dislike Blazekein. Although that evil clown vibe it gives is kinda creepy.

Also I used to think Venusaur set the standard for bulky poke's but damn! Venusaur glides from treetop to treetop compared with that continental grass monstrosity.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Hm. Let's have a look at our options.

On corner one, we have Naetle, Cute thing that evolves into an AWESOME AS HELL Ankylosaurid-Turtle with a TREE and MOUNTAINS on its back.

On corner two we have a cute-ish monkey thing that evolves into something straight out of Digimon then into a Dragonball Z ripoff Blazikape.

On the third corner, we have a fugly plastic birdie that mutates into a Telefang monster crossbred with Linux and then into a giant and flicking scary samurai mecha penguin of DOOM. I'm still scared.

There's no need to even guess where my vote goes. Naetle, I choose you! ^_______^

... Not that I'll ever play the games, but... ;_;

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Gokuzaru's the coolest final evo, but I've ALWAYS chosen the Grass-type. Maybe it's time for a change?

Right there with ya, QQ ^^;

One of the reasons I'm not worried about passing by Pochama is because I want Buoysel, but there really aren't any new grass-types or fire-types that stand out for me aside from the starters. Still, I don't want both, so it's a question of "which would I feel more disappointed over not choosing?".

... yeah. I ponder over this stuff too much :p

Hm. Let's have a look at our options.

On corner one, we have Naetle, Cute thing that evolves into an AWESOME AS HELL Ankylosaurid-Turtle with a TREE and MOUNTAINS on its back.

On corner two we have a cute-ish monkey thing that evolves into something straight out of Digimon then into a Dragonball Z ripoff Blazikape.

On the third corner, we have a fugly plastic birdie that mutates into a Telefang monster crossbred with Linux and then into a giant and flicking scary samurai mecha penguin of DOOM. I'm still scared.

i agree except with the monkey i like it im afraid of the penguin of doom to so lets make a club out of it the "im scared of the freaky penguin club" please join

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Stel LIKES the Final Grass Evo? O.O

We were all expecting to have to clear up the mess after he went on a genocidal rampage for another Pokemon with a goddamn tree growing out of it.

I'm going with Hikozaru for the awesome final evo to begin with but as soon as I can get to the Global Trading Centre in Pearl i'll have all 3. I'll definitely have all 3 in my English Diamond.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
The Global Trade Center is for the WFC, and with its search functions you'll pretty much be able to get any Pokemon you want with ease. So no, it's just for D/P thus far.

Anyways, I'm going to vote Hikozaru since, as it turns out, there actually are a few new Grass-types I want to train (and no fire-types >>), but I wouldn't be surprised if I picked Naetle at the last second. Tradition has helluva strong nostalgia :p

And lol... Already you can see the large shift of Pochama fans to Hikozaru.

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
The water-to-fire migration is spreading! ARM YOURSELVES PEOPLE. THE PENGUIN OF DOOM IS HERE. >.> No, I'm not mad. Put down the phone. No need to call the men in white lab coats. ^^" I'm sticking with the fire type, as not only tradition dictates, but it's also a nice line (even if I didn't get my gorilla of doom).

Nemesis

Former Administrator
I'm just going to get them all. Lol, that's how I have always done it, and should be easy this time round, with Wi Fi.

I still want a penguin. ^^

Ya see, the penguin is my fav animal. My fav movie as a kid was 'Scamper the Penguin'

I agree with Stel on the monkey. Digimon/dbz style.. meh

"See the TURTLE of enormous girth!
On his shell he holds the earth,
His thought is slow but always kind;
He holds us all within his mind."

Has Gamefreak been reading Stephen King lately? The Dark Tower draws near.

Because of the DTS I like the turtle, but I'm still going to vote for my Scamper the penguin

I'm going with neatle..

Plus its final stage having moutains etc really does make me think of discworld so I just have to go for it...

Also the monkey is just scary and strange... I don't like it....

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'll be training Naetle my second time through (buying both games n' all), and probably have Pochama traded over then as well. If anything, Pochama's line does have quite a few good moves, and while I ended up loving Swampert I still find it kinda ugly in everything but the 3D games.

Well thanks for making it harder Link! >:(

Jus' kidding. Now its a toss up between 'toise and the monkey. I am however concerned for the knight in shining tuxedo. Can it move its elbows? or does it have surfboards strapped to its arms? I guess it'll be a long time till we see it in the "flesh" so to speak.

And is it just me or is Dodaitoise more of a dinosaur than a Tortoise? http://www.razorwireshrine.net/ankylo.jpg

I like Natle and all of his evolutions. I like his first the best though, it's really cute. My starter would be Natle

Status
Not open for further replies.