• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your Starter :P - First Draft

Which will you choose?

• Naetle (Grass)

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Hikozaru (Fire)

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Pochama (Water)

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Other (ie. All three via trading)

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Stell-san...I got the same thing for Hikozaru (I thought it was obvious @_@) and had no idea how "shamo" got into "pochama." That just confuzzled me greatly...

If the Other Trio makes its way into our starter trio (who, by the way, is growing on me...I like 'em a lot more now. I'm even happy about a gorilla. ^_^)...I don't want a fighting penguin. -_- I can't imagine it using the existing fighting attacks...with flippers...-_-;;; Plus, that makes fire get paired up with psychic...and although I think it's an awesome combination...I think I'd be scared of a gorilla with psychic powers. -_-;; I don't really want any of them...but the one I'd mind the least would be fire/dark, water/psychic, grass/fighting. I guess a turtle that fights could be cool...as long as it doesn't look too much like a Blastoise (and stays away from birds!). A psychic penguin would be sooooo cool! WITH BIG EYEBROWS! w007! ^_^ And a dark gorilla...heheheh...that would be really neat!

Plus...it...would...be...so...perfect...for...a...character...in...my...fanfic...X3 Soooo much better than sticking her with a Blaziken. ^_^

*huggles Pochama* My Pochama-chan! NO TURNING POCHAMA-CHAN INTO A FIGHTING PENGUIN! IT MIGHT MAKE MY BRAIN MELT! O_O

Raphael (my snapping turtle, feck the penguin I wants a ninja turtle now) sounds awesome. Meh, the others were as expected but the turtle gibberish was cute. and ninja-like ?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
*huggles Pochama* My Pochama-chan! NO TURNING POCHAMA-CHAN INTO A FIGHTING PENGUIN! IT MIGHT MAKE MY BRAIN MELT! O_O

Same, Persian. That's why I'd want to see what they pulled off with it ;)

For all we know they won't keep that type-trio anyways, and I'm kinda hoping they don't... It'd mean that other things said by that person may be true, and Lucario does NOT need any kind of evo - pre or post @_@

Heh. After having a very realistic dream about the new starters (already XD) I now realize how awesome Hikozaru could be for RP battling. Monkeys are agile little buggers, afterall. It'll probably use its feet like hands, too, meaning an ace in the trees ^^ Ooo. I can't wait to see its ingame stats o.o

Same, Persian. That's why I'd want to see what they pulled off with it ;)

For all we know they won't keep that type-trio anyways, and I'm kinda hoping they don't... It'd mean that other things said by that person may be true, and Lucario does NOT need any kind of evo - pre or post @_@

Heh. After having a very realistic dream about the new starters (already XD) I now realize how awesome Hikozaru could be for RP battling. Monkeys are agile little buggers, afterall. It'll probably use its feet like hands, too, meaning an ace in the trees ^^ Ooo. I can't wait to see its ingame stats o.o
Wow...a dream already? I haven't had any Shin'ou dreams yet...TT_TT The closest I had was this Azumanga Daioh dream I had a little while ago...>_<

And ew...Lucario as an evolving Pokemon? I want it to be a legendary Pokemon...TT_TT

24wuerbdk3.jpg

real or fake?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
elemental_man1990, if you haven't read the rules yet, please do so. Double posting/Triple posting/more-than-one-in-a-row-for-no-good-reason is freakin' annoying, and considered SPAM @_@

*Merges your posts and fixes the image link*

As for the image, source plzkthx.

elemental_man1990, if you haven't read the rules yet, please do so. Double posting/Triple posting/more-than-one-in-a-row-for-no-good-reason is freakin' annoying, and considered SPAM @_@

*Merges your posts and fixes the image link*

As for the image, source plzkthx.

whoa sorry :[ o and pokefeeds.com

I doubt thats real, the arms look like recolours of sprites from lugia and I think the body may be an edit of feraligatr... Not sure really, if its real then me and UC were right, big eyebrows!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
It can't be confirmed one way or another. All it says is that it was discovered on a Japanese ImageBoard. Not linked to any official sites and whatnot. That alone screams fake.

Which is too bad. It's a cool picture :p

Okay, I hope its not a fake because that'd mean RLRL and I were 110% correct. Not to mention its pretty freaking sweet....if it is real....it could sway my vote to Pochama. But chances of it being real are slim to none. SLIM to none but its still possible *crosses fingers*

Ahem,

I'm gunning for that fire-arsed monkey, it just looks so different. But then again the fire starters through time have always been pretty random, its logical that grass types be based on lizardy things and that water starters be based on aquatic creatures but fire types just don't really have that elemental affinity to a group of creatures.

Neatle it turns out learns Crunch...

This works well with my idea of it becoming dark type...

I really hope it is, I am considering using it over pochama at the moment... hmm

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm teetering between Naetle and Hikozaru as of now (my glee for Pochama has more or less fizzled out), but after seeing a few pics of the trio from a D/P Anime preview I dunno if Hikozaru has a chance... Naetle is just so freakin' cute @___@

Works well in favour of my "tradition" choice at least.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
A lot of non-dark types learn Crunch too... I wouldn't hold out too much hope for it being part Dark.

Especially since Ash has one. It seems they deliberately avoided evolving Corphish because Crawdaunt is a Dark type... And it'd be mighty odd if his starter DIDN'T evolve. Also, I have now decided that all 3 of them are cute - Hikozaru claiming that mostly on it's adorable sprite.

Pochama, however, would seem to be the cutest AND has some of the nicest attacks. I may lean towards it to begin with now.

I just hope that none of the starters pull a Combustiken and become unable to naturally learn many moves of thier type once they evolve. That would suck

I still love the monkey

Woah.... I just saw the starter evolutions...

I can't believe pochama becomes water steel type!
I think im going with neatle now, hmm...

I'm still going with Pochama but I don't think I'll be evolving it, things with drill peck usually look ugly.

and I was right T_T pochama turned ass ugly. looks like I wont be evolving it. I just the last evo for the monkey and I think it looks awesome.....................know I don't know what to pick >.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I locked the voting for this poll. Time to see how opinions differ with the revealing of the full starter lines ^^

So get your butts over to THIS topic and pick your most-likely final choices. I'm sure with the release of the D/P Anime and spurt-of-the-moment choices, we won't all end up with the one we voted for. But at least for now we'll see just who the most popular truly is w/o Anime influence ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.