• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your Least Memorable Pokemon

I believe this was a topic in the old 'Charms so I'm bringing it back |D

So, which Pokemon do you never remember? For me, it changes, as when I remember a Pokemon that I don't usually remember, they suddenly become infamous for not being memorable.

Even though I love most of their designs, a few gen III Pokemon suffer the 'unmemorable' syndrome, like Huntail. Tyrogue is another one I used to forget a lot.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Lumineon wins this award for me hands-down. It's another generic fish in a type group (Water) that is already huge as it is, and when you also suck ass in battle it all amounts to one extremely forgettable Pokemon.

Delibird gets a mention here as well, although the Present move combined with the comical appearance give it some points at least.

Honestly, I usually forget about 1 of my team members, but the one Pokemon I usually forget about is, Seel and Dewgong. Honestly, those two should be one of the many I remember, but I just can't picture one on anyof my teams.

that pokemon with arms and legs and uh... you know the one with a face. actually I think it looked more like a ball some kind of ball. probably had wings.

Basically the entirety of Generation 3.

Seriously, that generation was just so forgettable.

Except Castform. And Wynaut. Those are the only G3 'mons I care about.

Well, there's always a member on my own team that I never remember, but that's not the subject of this post.

I suppose there is one Pokemon in every generation besides IV...

Gen I: Venonat. When I went back and played my old games again, I forgot there was a Pokemon even named Venonat. I just thought that Venomoth was it's own basic evolution. Then I remembered Venonat.

Gen II: I guess Gen II was the most memorable gen, but STANTLER...Wow, it doesn't even SOUND like a Pokemon. I can never remember that Stantler exists.

Gen III: Grumpig. 'Nuff said.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
For me, it's Sunkern. No contest.

I actually couldn't even remember its name right away and I've been actively playing HG recently! That thing just doesn't stand out to me, at all. Even Sunflora has various reasons to be remembered, if only for its horrid dub voice in the PMD Anime. XD

Otherwise... Water-types. So many of them are forgettable simply because we have too many. The majority of them aren't even that bad, there's just so many other Water-types that do the same thing, do it better, or have better designs. =/

For me, it has to be Qwilfish and with Dunsparse running a close second. Those two are just so...blah for me--design wise, stat wise, species characteristic wise. You don't really encounter them during normal gameplay save for the couple of trainers who may have them. I routinely forget about these two.

Mine is Shelgon. I spent about three minutes the other day sitting with my friends trying to remember its name... It is honestly just a weird ball that nobody takes any recognition of.

There's also Fineon and Lumineon who I only think I've ever encountered in-game once or twice. Luvdisk was kkind of unrecognised a while ago, but ever since the whole Mumanbo incident, everyone's suddenly more aware of it.

Quagsire. I don't exactly use them for HP EV training; if I do HP EV' training at all.

Tauros. Or whatever it's spelled. I just thought the Pokemon designers lost originality there.

Dunsparce. I always forgot it exists.

Hoothoot. When I was a kid, I mistook it for Ho-oh.

I always forget about Lumineon. Like, always. Sometimes I even forget that it's a PokeMon. |D Or sometimes when I hear "Lumineon" my mind goes all "amg what's Lumineon D:"

Lumineon. Simply it has a boring design and I have NEVER EVER played with it.

Also, Girafarig, Qwilfish, Dodou, Mantyke, Elekid and Corsola. Sometimes Delibird, even if the Present move is freaking awsome.

This is a tie for me between Dunsparce, Farfetch'd, and the metric fuck-ton of generic fish that are crowding up the Pokedex at this time, like Goldeen or Finneon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Goldeen and Chingling are two. Hoppip tends to be forgotten as well, even though it's an awesome Pokemon. Finneon, Relicanth, Clamperl, Grumpig... The list goes on and on. Also the evolutions of these Pokemon count as well.

Hmh. I mostly forgett about Gen 2. Qwilfish for one >:( there always seems to be one from evey gen. But I cant remenber them ;D :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot Dunsparce for many years actually! When I ran into one in HG/SS I was like "OMG! A bloody alien has invaded the friggin pokemon world halp meeeee!" and then I jumped on the bed screaming "I found a gen V pokemon I could trade it for so many Arceuses!" and then my girlfriend told me it was from gen II and I spent two days crying!

Qwilfish, surskit, masqurien, clamperl, spoink....
Surprisingly not dunsparce but its b/c its so unnatural i remember it and i luv it b/c of tht

kasumi_slater said:
99EmagEht said:
that pokemon with arms and legs and uh... you know the one with a face. actually I think it looked more like a ball some kind of ball. probably had wings.
Yeah-!!
Him-!! *waves hand frantically*

Yup exactly.

I guess I would say all the pokemon that haven't came out yet/just came out. I seem to remember all the pokemon.

chaojimbo said:
kasumi_slater said:
99EmagEht said:
Yeah-!!
Him-!! *waves hand frantically*

Yup exactly.

I guess I would say all the pokemon that haven't came out yet/just came out. I seem to remember all the pokemon.

I think it looked something like this
agumon.jpg

A

Anonymous

Whats that plant Pokemon that looks like a Peashooter for Plants vs Zombies ,I think it was Bellspout ,i'm not too sure though.

Dunsparce. Seriously, I was playing SoulSilver and I battled a Hiker who had one. When I saw it I was "the hell is that? D:" and looked it up on Pokemon.com's pokedex thing and realized it wasn't a new Pokemon. It looks weird too. :/