• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your Job

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Summer's on the horizon, and holidays from school are already here for most University students, so what sort of jobs do you guys have or have set-up for the break? If you're not a student and already work, what's your current job?

IF I get the first job I applied for, it'll be as a student nurse in the local hospital for approx. two months (end of June to the end of August) at $12.50 an hour. The worst part about it is that it's shift work - most likely 12 hour shifts - but you'd only be working 4 days in a row max with 3-4 days off in between. That still gives me plenty of time to lounge around playing video games or hang out with friends ^^

I'd already be working now if it wasn't for my summer clinical session eating up all my time. As much as I'd love to be spending 4 and a half days at that, then working part-time on the weekends... No thanks. I'm not that bad off (hooray for student loans) :p

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Not proper work as such, as in I don't get paid for anything, but I run my forum and I'm going into Work Experience at a primary school (aww, little people!) in a few weeks. Other than that, exams, exams, exams...

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Currently, IAF technician. Until March 2007. Then I'm a free lifeform again. And I could probably get a job that I can actually get paid to do. Bloody army. xD

I probably won't be getting a job this summer, since I don't have a driver's license and it would be hard to get places. I'll probably end up just doing miscellaneous chores for my dad for money.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Whee. Got my job, and it won't be 12 hour shifts. 40 hours a week, work every second weekend... I'm totally buying a new DS game (or two) after my first paycheck. I owe a lot of cash to people, too.

Being broke sucks :p