• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your Haul 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Linkachu's Wish List topic has grown to two pages, so we're starting a brand new one for not what you wanted, nor what you bought for others, but what YOU GOT.

• $45 in real money, $55 in gift certificates
  • 16-month build-your-own calendar by The Demotivators (with such encouraging statements as "INDIVIDUALITY: Always Remember that Your Are Unique. Just Like Everybody Else," and custom dates marked, like my birthdays: "20 years old; I want to be treated like and adult. And catch Pokémon," and, "I turn 21 today, now I can legally drink everywhere! Time to catch Pokémon!")
  • 1GB jump drive
  • 1GB SD card
  • 4 AA alkaline batteries (woo!)
  • Final Fantasy V Advance
  • Habañero sauce from Mexico
  • Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice for All (pre-order)
  • The Time Concise Atlas of the World (it cost freakin' £75!)
  • toilet plunger (which happened to have $300 in it for my summer trip next year)
  • Uncle John's Curiously Compelling Bathroom Reader
  • 40" Samsung LCD TV with HDMI-ready DVD player

If that last one stands out a bit, that'd be because I LOVE IT! It's my whole family's, not just mine, but I adore it the most.

I REALLY wish I could go Blu-Ray player shopping on Boxing Day (also my birthday), but I'm WORKING from 9:00 to 5:30, by which time everything good will be history. :'(

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
-40" Samsung LCD TV with HDMI-ready DVD player

Just remember the golden rule when using that TV: when playing Wii, don't be a spaz and let go of your controller ;)

Anyways, I'll need to get back to you on the Christmas spoils list. It seems Christmas has been put on hold here due to my mother sleeping in and forgetting to wrap any presents :p As usual, she's misplaced a few of 'em, too. Never fails ^^

> New van... For anyone that knows cars, Mitsubishi Delica, 2.8 litre turbo diesel
> Nightmare before christmas "stuff", mostly as a joke from my brother who knows about my slight addiction...
> Stitch "stuff", why my family buy me so many things to do with stitch is beyond me, I now have a stitch on a surfboard, another keyring stitch, and one in a santa suit... Why.... Im not quite sure...
> Vans hoody
> Family guy xmas dvd...

*ordered from the internet by parents but has not arrived yet*
> Both Adam Pascal albums
> The second Postsecret book
> New knife
> Aparently theres something else but its not arrived yet

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Christmas is a go, and there's still more to come.

• Yoshi's Island DS
  • Kirby Squeak Squad
  • Duck Tales DVD box set Vol. 2
  • Pokemon Master Trainer board game (2005 edition)
  • Christmasy Pajama pants x2, a pajama top, socks, and underwear
  • $445
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender DVDs 1 & 2
  • Random stocking stuffers (chocolates; a Link pez; Pokemon toy set of Beautifly, Munchlax, and Skitty; etc.)

$200 of that $445 was from my parents and meant to go towards my Wii. My brother and older sister received DS Lites instead.

...why my family buy me so many things to do with stitch is beyond me...

Psh. 'Cuz Stitch is your daddy. You know he is.

[quote author=Linkachu link=topic=1335.msg10888#msg10888 date=1167061046]
  • Pokemon Master Trainer board game (2005 edition)
[/quote]

Got a picture? Never seen one of these things around.

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
I've got the first edition of the boardgame somewhere :p

Anyway, here's my haul:

• The Killers, Greenday, My Chemical Romance and Muse albums
  • Doctor Who soundtrack ^^
  • Some bathroom stuffs (I got the hint a few years ago...)
  • A squishiful cushion ^^
  • Cambridge Uni Calendar
  • Lots of Clothes
  • Christmas Tree Decorations (don't ask)
  • Some other junk I can't remember off the top of my head
  • Money ^^

• Yoshi's Island DS
  • Lilo and Stitch (on Gameboy Advance [I don't even like games based on TV/Movie Series])
  • The movie Robots (on PS2 [same thing as above, plus I don't have a PS2])
  • SpongeBob SquarePants "Lost at Sea" DVD collection
  • The first season of Count Duckula on DVD
  • Monster House
  • Ice Age: The Meltdown
  • Looney Tunes Movie collection
  • assorted booster packs of Pokemon cards (a few of Ex:Dragon Frontier, two of Crystal Guardians and Ex:Emerald)
  • a wallet
  • a snowman necktie
  • headphones
  • 2006 Hess Truck

P.S. QUAGSIRE QING, YOU STOLE MY THUNDER!! I WANTED TO START A TOPIC LIKE THIS!! >:(

Rumbling Hearts DVD
Dragonball fusion reborn movie
CaseClosed: One Truth prevails DVD
Digimon World Ds (you get to pick a partner Digimon and I got Tanemon palmon's pre evo! ^_^ I'm so happy and can't wait till she levels up and digivolves)
Wii
Rayman Ravving Rabbids GBA (Loved how they went back to doing it the first rayman style for levels, and some old villians from the first one came back ^_^)
Rayman Ravving Rabbids Wii (SOOO freaking fun and hilarious ^_^)
After School Nightmare manga (It's really good, the story grabs you instantly)
50 dollars

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Got a picture? Never seen one of these things around.

B0006843FO.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The 2005 edition bit was just my way of differentiating it from the original (which I also have).

And I just noticed why that picture seemed sightly different than my game's box. Mine, being the Canadian version, includes French text too.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
  • Internet Radio - it also is meant to play files off my computer but i'm having trouble getting it to recognise my compy
  • Alarm Clock/Radio (It sets itself magically!)
  • Black and White Siberian Husky Nintendog - and it is SO CUTE
  • A funky Plasma ball thing. No real function, but it is cool
  • Deoderants, Aftershave, Shower stuff etc
  • Random new clothes/obligatory Simpsons Slippers
  • Loadsa Sweeties
  • £55

Tommorow that £55 will go towards getting my hands on Red Steel and Rayman. :)

*updates own list, invites self over to Katie's for games night, and takes Oak's Nintendog in exchange for Poké Balls that were probably dropped into the Atlantic Ocean somewhere*

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, you know what I REALLY got for Christmas? A FREAKING PAINFUL STOMACH ACHE AND MOST OF THE DAY IN BED BECAUSE I GOT WORSE INSTEAD OF GETTING BETTER! >_< Next time I have a bad cold, I'm just not going to eat at all. Cuz I ate, like, one thing...and I almost threw it up. *sigh*

Anyways...

Stuff I got for Hanukkah:
  • Azumanga Daioh volume 4 (of the manga)
  • Boogiepop Dual volumes 1-2 (manga)
  • Very fuzzy pajamas
  • A jacket

And then...Stuff I got for Christmas:
  • Fullmetal Alchemist volumes 3 and 5 (manga)
  • A book of New Yorker cartoons
  • More fuzzy pajamas and slippers (my parents went a bit overboard when I said I needed new ones)
  • This weird "1951 retro" pen...thing
  • Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest DVD
  • Cars DVD (wheee...Pixar, I

Well, I meant to post this last night, but it slipped. Anyway, When my brother-in-law and his girlfriend gave me three more presents from them. A "Meow-y Christmas" Mug, a collection of "Calvin and Hobbes" comic strips and a book called "Why Socks Disappear In The Wash."

P.S.:Happy Boxing Day, everyone!

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Happy Boxing Day ^^ Why is it that the relatives all turn up at once? My godparents and cousins all arrived about ten minutes apart. :p Got a mug full of home-made sweets from my godparents, and chocolates, a new school bag and a jumper from my cousins. ^^

Also, to add to my previous list:

• Hex: Ghosts book (wanted this for years...)
  • Torchwood DVD set 1 ^^
  • A funky light-up crystal that changes colour
  • Curly bracelet
  • USB thingummy since my old one's semi-broken
  • Terry's My Chocolate Orange
  • Yet another travel bag

This is everything I got except for the little meaningless stocking stuffers

PSP
Sonic Riders
Neopets Petpet Adventures: The Wand of Wishing
Jackass Vol.1-UMD
Family Guy: Freakin Sweet Collection-UMD
PSP starter kit
PSP media pack
Tetris DS
Pokemon Ranger
Prima strategy guide for Pokemon Ranger
Nintendo Power strategy guide for Pokemon Ranger

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Happy post-Boxing day! ^^

Anyone take advantage of the Boxing day sales? I went late, but I still got lucky. Angel seasons 2 and 3 on DVD for $35. That's $17.50 each. To put things into perspective, they're usually about $50 EACH :)

I also cashed in the $50 gift certificate for EB Games that my sister bought me and picked up Disgaea 2 for $16 (the difference), completed my Avatar season 1 collection (the three separate DVDs cost more than my two seasons of Angel put together), and finally picked up Pokemon the First Movie on DVD for $3.33 (another Boxing day sale. My VHS of it was beginning to deteriorate).

Still have plenty of cash to go around, but me thinks I'll save it for the Wii and Wii games/accessories.

*updates list with birthday items*

As Linkachu may know, all DVDs this week at EB Games are $1.99, so I picked meself up Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events (I'm going through the series now, and wanted to see how I'd look at the movie AFTER having read the first three books).

Um... Happy second-last-day-of-the-year? :)
My Xmas haul:
- Doctor Who Series 2 *squee*
- QI Series 1 *squee*
- Pride & Prejudice soundtrack, and the piano music with it *squee*
- pretty silver watch
- Doctor Who: The Nightmare of Black Island *squee*
- a couple of really nice t-shirts, a skirt, and a jumper
- scarves and gloves and socks! my faves
- music note earrings (I was gonna put musical earrings, but that would have been better on the wishlist)
- chocolate :)
- a turtle that grows in water. Looking forward to having a bath with it *suppresses the smut*
- and the usual hair stuff, bath stuff, candles...

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
  • Black and White Siberian Husky Nintendog - and it is SO CUTE

Want photo please! k'thx.

What did I get for Christmas? Eh...

Books:
Soul Kitchen - Poppy Z. Brite. Another book in the Value of X / Liquor / Prime series.
Modern Classics of Science Fiction - Gardner Dozois
Five People You Meet In Heaven - Mitch Albom
The Best of Smash Hits - the 80s. Best book ever - if you're old like me. The scary thing is I have half the magazine articles in boxes in my parents' house.
Manga Mania: How to Draw Chibi and Furry Characters.

Games:
Sims 2: Pets - Richard's extremely uninspired present to me. (I have every other Sims 1 & 2 EP).
Was that really it? Richard said he was going to get me a Wii, but he couldn't find one ::).

DVDs:
Pokemon Chronicles DVDs

Random stuff:
A very strange 3D jigsaw puzzle of a "Robostego". It's a robot stegosaurus. Why it couldn't just be a 3D puzzle of a stegosaurus, I don't know. The box says, with lovely Engrish, "IT'S ROBOT". Despite being made by an American company. No, I don't get it either.

This creature from the Tokyo Tower which breaks my brain.

An octopus whisk. (I don't care if the intarweb thinks it's a squid. Squids have 10 legs, octopi have 8. I know my cephalopods when I see them!).

Status
Not open for further replies.