• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your goals for Black 2 & White 2

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
In the beginning our main goals were to beat the Elite 4 and catch 'em all (such simple times). For better or worse the amount of stuff to do in each Pokemon game has increased drastically since then with Black 2 & White 2 taking the cake. Let's see if I can recall it all...

- Beat the main story and the Elite 4
- Beat the post-Nat Dex Elite 4
- Beat whatever optional powerhouse trainers BW2 have
- Catch 'em all!
- Trump the various lines of the Battle Subway
- Trump the Pokemon World Tournament
- Complete all of the Funfest missions/Entree stuff
- Earn the top rank at the PokéStar Studios
- Earn the top rank for your Join Avenue
- Collect all of the Medals
- Trump Black Tower/White Treehollow
- Collect all of a secret somebody's Pokemon ;x

And if there's anything else I've missed then to hell with it. Who the heck has the time to do all of that crap?! XD

But seriously, nobody can say that these games aren't jam-packed with content. It's almost too much content by this point.
The people out to accomplish everything are likely few and far between, but what about you guys? Are you satisfied simply beating the story elements of BW2, or do you have grander completionist dreams? Do tell. :)

As for me, I still need to beat the bloody main story! ;_;

After that I'll likely focus on completing my Gen 5 PokeDex on White 2, battling through the PWT and White Treehollow, rechallenge the more powerful Elite 4 and defeat all of the strong trainers that populate the region (like Cynthia). I'm also planning to do more with the Funfest Missions, Join Avenue, and Pokestar Studios but with no intention of maxing out any of 'em... unless I'm required to do so to win a certain medal. It's doubtful that I'll collect all of the medals anytime soon but I'd kinda like to do so before the next generation begins. Time will tell~

Re: Your completion goals for Black 2 & White 2

I still think beating the story is still my main priority but the medals caught my interest, as I like getting achievements it helps me show progression more and gives me some satisfaction when I get some of the medals. Join Avenue was another place I liked mainly due to the benefits i.e. leveling weaker Pokemon to catch up to your main team, getting rid of unwanted EV's and getting the occasional evolutionary stone. Pokestar Studios hasn't really caught my attention yet and I'm not to bothered about Funfest Missions until I get friends to play with.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

I likely won't aim to complete everything, but I do know that I want to collect all the medals that I can, completely the national dex (which I haven't done since third/fourth gen), collect all the secrect Pokémon, and defeat all the post-game powerhouse trainers. >:D

Past that I'll do some stuff with Pokéstar studios, but likely never complete it. Same with Join Avenue.

The Battle Subway, PWT and White Treehollow are things I'll aim to completely beat, but I can't see me managing more than the PWT and Subway. Treehollow is really hard later on. x3

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four

I'm going to complete the main story and all of the post story battles (Battle Subway, PWT, White Tree Hollow, post Elite Four, etc.). I might also work towards PokeStar Studios but we'll see about that. I'll catch all of the mysterious trainer's Pokemon that I run into, but I won't actively seek them. I also want at least 50 Medals. Any more after that is just bonus.

I didn't give a damn about Musicals in White1 and I still don't in W2. I also don't care much about Funfest or Entrelink and Join Avenue doesn't have to be perfect either.

I think my main goal right now is just to not get massively bored of it in two weeks after getting it :D

I think I achieved this

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
My main goal is to catch 'em all. I like the collecting side of things, and this extends to collecting every TM/HM. I like to have all the Pokemon for breeding purposes, which is pretty much what I end up using my games for. I breed myself the perfect team and happily do so for others too. I like working my way through the Subway to get enough points for all the items required for competitive battling as well :)

So they're my goals really. The medal stuff is interesting and Join Avenue is a nifty little feature (and often amusing).

I'm still waiting to acquire a copy of these games for myself and my fiancee.. admittedly, I haven't even played BW 1 yet, either. I finished Pearl, and still have a considerable amount of training and such to do in it; but I'm advancing through HeartGold right now.

What's the average going rate for Black 2 and White 2? There's a lot of stuff these games offer, that my fiancee and I really want to experience.. namely, everything that Linkachu posted about, plus locating (if any are missing from the OP's list) the rest of the new additions to fully master the games.

My goals are:

-Beat the Main Story

-Discover all or most of the secrets in the game

-Collect all the Medals

-Find all Hidden Grottoes

And that's it. I don't really worry about filling the National Dex, because that would take too long, and I have other things to do.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
ShinyZekrom009 said:
-Collect all the Medals
And that's it. I don't really worry about filling the National Dex, because that would take too long, and I have other things to do.

If you think filling the National Dex would take awhile then you may want to reconsider your medals quest. Some of them are insanely time consuming to get, hence why I've personally given up hope of ever collecting all of them. XD

Edit: Oh, well lookie here. The requirements for the National Catcher medal, care of Serebii: "Capture all the Pokémon in the National Pokédex and receive the certificate"

Although to be fair that's one of the medals I likely will get at some point. It's the tedious as hell medals like the Exam Genius medal that I have zero interest in, and it'd take me ages to get the Heavy Traffic medal...

I wanna catch 'em all. That, and get a shiny. last one i remember encountering was a Whismur in Ruby. Why did that have to be a critical? WHY???