• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your Favourite Youtubers?

A simple question, really: What personalities on Youtube do you like to watch, and why? You can name off as many as you like. Personally, I have four channels I've found myself watching a lot lately:

LeafyIsHere - He's a funny guy who tells stories and reacts to videos. He's made me laugh more times than I can remember. Just remember if you want to check out his channel: It's satire, don't take it seriously.

Pyrocynical - Basically the same as Leafy, and I like him for the same reasons.

I Hate Everything - He does 'I Hate' videos and rates bad movies, among a few other things. I like his witty humor and how he doesn't just spit random insults at the things he hates but instead makes reasonable points.

Markiplier - I love his humor. I even got my brother into Markiplier, and he doesn't really like watching let's players!

So, who are your favourite youtubers?

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I used to watch KevJumba religiously until his personality started to rub me the wrong way. His jabs at Asian-American culture were hilarious, especially after he brought his dad in to do some skits with him.

Besides him I can't think of any other youtubers I really enjoyed. I've seen a bit of Markiplier's stuffs and he's funny and cool, but I'm not really one for game playthroughs and stuff.

Last edited:
I like to watch HappyDays, he plays a lot of Terraria and makes very interesting stories and has a super cool and supportive fanbase, and BuddhaCat. He plays many games, and he makes me laugh while doing it. I also tune in to Egoraptor sometimes.

The youtuber scene is one that passed me by and I've never watched a video from a lot of the popular ones, but here are a few I enjoy:

Alt Shift X - summaries of Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire theories without too much wild speculation *coughPrestonJacobscough*
Press Buttons 'n' Talk - I follow ProZD on tumblr and he started this channel recently, right now they're playing Paper Mario while chatting about it and reading the dialogue in funny voices
Shirley Curry - elderly lady who records herself playing Skyrim and commenting on it, she is adorbs
BigCatDerek - guy who works at a big cat rescue, he makes videos of the animals
QuaoarPower - weird entomology grad student with field videos and insect videos, love this guy

I like Markiplier as well. He can be loud sometimes, but he's funny and he's not just a gamer who makes videos and screams into the microphone. He'll sometimes talk about his personal life to make sure everyone knows how's he doing, as well as thanking his viewers.

I like Geek and Sundry, specifically Co-optitude with Ryon and Felicia Day. It's fun because it reminds me of playing games with my sister. I just got into Critical Role, which brings back some good Dungeons and Dragons memories.

I used to be into Game Grumps but they became tedious after awhile.

Crit1cal, just, Crit1cal, I'll admit, I listen to let's players when I'm playing a video game or drawing, but Crit1cal is my favorite by far, almost no one can possibly match the kinda humor he brings. If there was ever someone who put so much effort into not giving a crap, it would be that guy!

Let's Dub Project (Tyranee), AbdallahSmash026 (cuz I won a giveaway from him), TBJZLPlays, nigahiga and SlimKirby.

Tyranee does this project of Let's Dub, which was kinda like a Let's Play before, but he changed, and he makes the games he play like a TV series! That's exactly why I enjoy him!

AbdallahSmash026. FE: Fates contest is amazing. He knows all about FE, and he is a huge fan of it! I thank him for making me win a giveaway, but I didn't get my prize ;-; Oh well, better luck next time. Yo-Kai Watch content: 7/10

TBJZLPlays is just so good for his addictions in games, like Simpsons Hit & Run! His addiction with coins just makes his content enjoyable! His content is highly recommended for being kinda funny, and making great content!

Nigahiga is just a normal channel, but he helps people, makes people laugh, and makes tutorial jokes! He also makes rants of some sort, well, I don't know. In the old days, he did lip-syncing and all that stuff! His funny content is the greatest part.

SlimKirby is a huge fan of the Simpsons, and that's what makes me happy! I started watching him in 2012, and I still watch his content now! His content is really good, and I highly recommend it!!!... If you like the Simpsons...

Jhan Garc

Formerly AkenabeShiro
TyranitarTube: He's always showing theories and stuff, recently including trademarks. #BeliveInThePeeko

SullyPwnz: This is my one stop for Mario LPs.

MunchingOrange: His new PokéMart series looks interesting.

DashieGames: We're from the same country. Also, it's funny to see him rage.

Lost Pause: Just watch it... I don't wanna talk much about it.

Oh god where do I even begin for this? I spend far too much time on Youtube. I watch a lot of anime critiques/reviewers, my favourites being Arkada and Digibro. Arkada because I'm pretty fussy about what I watch and we seem to have similar tastes, and Digibro because over analyzing stuff is honestly pretty fun.

Kurzgesagt - In a Nutshell is pretty amazing. It's basically just dedicated to explaining different phenomena set to some pretty awesome animations. They've tackled topics like the war on drugs, quantum supercomputers, the Fermi Paradox, neuron stars, and the global stock market. Vsauce is also another favourite of mine for a pretty similar reason - I am always down for learning random pieces of knowledge that I'll probably never use but who cares they're awesome.

I also watch a looooot of speedpaints, because they're a really good way of learning different ways to draw. My favourite and the most influential to my art style is Yamio, because I have spent way too much time watching her videos trying to figure out exactly what makes her art so damn good. Also, just a warning, if you do look her up, prepare for the cuteness overload. Everything is stupidly cute because of how often she draws Chibis (she does mainly commissions, and they're the cheapest to buy). Most of the time if I've drawn a Chibi myself, its because I've just watched one of her videos and dammit I want to draw cute things!

Finally we have friendlyjordies, which is the stuff I watch when I want to laugh at how crazy Australian politics are, and then cry because I live here and this is literally what my country is like. Most of his stuff you might want to have a basic understanding of at least who these people are, but even if you don't its fun to watch just for the sheer insanity of the way all of this information is presented. Also, what's a strawman argument? >>

I adore the Game Grumps. I normally can't watch game playthroughs - I find them pretty boring or the commentator is trying to hard or both - but Danny and Arin both have a background in improv, which makes a really big difference. They don't allow for any dead air, and their conversations very frequently are only tangentially related to the game at hand. Plus, they both just seem like genuinely cool people. (Also, Brian is hilarious.)

Just going to start of like this:
Top in the morning to ya ladies, my name is JackSepticEye!
Now then, we can begin :3

Of course, Jackiboy! Or, JackSepticEye: The reason i like his videos are mostly because he is awesome he has so much energy! BOOSHYWOOSH! He can always cheer me up where ever i am in this world, used to watch Pewds, but Jack is so much better now! Markimoo is also good, but i almost never watch him.

Vinesauce Joel: I am happy to see another one like vsauce here, but.. He's so funny! I was dead laughing with his videos! Mostly when he breaks computers up. DESTROY DESTROY!

DanTDM: Oh see! A MINECRAFT lets player! Lol! Must be bad. Yeah, thats most people's first thought about Dan, but you know what? I love his videos, he makes me smile everyday, i don't really watch his Minecraft lets plays anymore, but i love his Roblox videos doe!

PinkSheep: Wow, is this not just that dude ExplodingsTNT character? That was exactly what i thought, but. This little "guy" charms me with his robotic voice, and bad reasons why he fails at parkour, i don't know why i love a Pink Sheeps videos.. But it makes sense! #PranksterGangsterNation

SuperCoinCrew: The only way i can describe this, is a thing they already said. "And here its non-stop Nintendo!" No need to say more.

Lasse Vestergård: Yes, a weird letter, i can't really say much.. But hey, its my favorite YouTuber! Problem is? He's danish. So most english speaken people don't understand this amazing dude! But hey, i mostly love him of his "Who's Your Daddy" videos, he makes a deep voice to the baby, and it makes it awkward, and funny! If by any chance, you have learned danish, or is danish. Please check this guy out!

Ahhh, I haven't been to wild about youtube. (however I do want to start a channel) but these are my favorites!

TryranitarTube
MagickarpUsedFly
boogie2988
Sky Williams
Ali-A
MandJTV Pokevids

Lets see here. My top favorites have to be:
Somecallmejohnny
SGBLikestoplay
HarshlyCritical
Exinvatican/Vargskelethor(Joel)
CowChop
Uberhaxornova
331Erock
GoodMythicalMorning
AlphaOmegaSin
SomeOrdinaryGamers
Natewantstobattle
Cr1tikal

These are the people I would watch/listen daily just because I enjoy their content. And now I wait for new videos to be out soon.

For RWBY reactions + other miscellaneous things, Murderofbirds and Kiaxet.

For humorous playthroughs:
Markiplier
Harshlycritical
Chuggaaconroy
Sagemaster15 & his friends' channels (comicfire, Splitwire, DungeonKeeperKish, et cetera)
TheRadBrad
Mr. Kravin

For Pokemon videos, TheJWittz and TamashiiHiroka.

Other random ones:
Game Theorists
Cinemasins
Screen Junkies
REACT/Finebros
Trevschan2
Good Mythical Morning/RhettandLink
Let/s Play/Achievement Hunters

Ok, lets see shall we...
Pyrocynical - My favourite YouTuber at the moment. He is similar to Leafyishere, but without the annoying voice, douchy attitude, and rabid fans. He is funny as fuck, and his reaction videos are great. He also seems like a genuinely nice guy.
Filthy Frank - Papa Franku's videos are so, well... bizzare, but hilarious at the same time. You'd be surprised that underneath all this NSFW weirdness there is actually a very interesting plot and lore to his videos. The characters are also very interesting. Like Chin-Chin, for example.
IdubzzzTV - Funny guy who I first discovered while watching Filthy Frank videos. I especially love is Content Cop and Kickstarter Crap series.
H3H3 - Ethan and Hila are awesome! I love them for their great reaction videos and skits. Vape Nation is my personal favourite video of theirs.
JonTron - This guy is absolutely hilarious. Like, sometimes I laugh so hard watching his videos that I actually start crying. His reactions are just priceless, as is some of the stuff he says. I love all of his videos, but ones I really enjoy in particular are his Bootleg game reviews, and his reviews on crappy movies (his review on 'A Talking Cat!?!' for example).
Top5s - I often binge-watch his videos, because I honestly think they are really well made, and interesting of course. I really love his videos on creepy stuff such as; conspiracy theories, ghosts, and strange stuff on the internet. He also does cool short documentaries on stuff as well.
Cr1tikal/penguinz0 - Without a doubt one of the funniest game commentators on YouTube. I love his dry sense of humour and 'no fucks given' attitude. He really makes me crack up when, instead of running away from the monsters in horror games, he insults them while chasing after them. Most other YouTubers would scream and run, but nope, not this guy.
Mr.Nightmare - 90% of the stuff I watch on YouTube is on creepy subjects (ghosts for example), so I really enjoy his videos. Like Top5s, I just find his stuff interesting.
TheBooReview - Two guys that review videos of ghosts and other unexplained phenomena that their fans suggest, usually crappy/hilarious videos and obvious fakes that they tear to bits. They usually have a monthly video roundup, which in my opinion are their best videos. The videos they have been uploading lately have been a bit 'meh', but hopefully that will change because I really like these guys.
EDIT: Thankfully they have been uploading some great content lately, and I actually marathoned all their vids yesterday. The Boo Review is saved, and I love their channel even more now!
I Hate Everything - Does videos on things he hates, and they are hilarious. I love his 'Search for the Worst' series were he reviews crappy movies.
Shane Dawson - A lot of people hate on Shane because his humour can be a bit, well, disgusting at times, but I honestly find him really funny despite it. I love his Conspiracy Theory videos, and his videos were he tries different things (weird kids toys, weird food, 99cent store items, etc). His DIY videos are pretty funny as well, especially the ones were he 'galaxy-fies' stuff.
Ashens - A funny guy who reviews strange things, including bootleg toys, items from 'poundland', and fake phones and video game consoles. He also does food specials, where he often eats disgustingly out-of-date food (20+ year-old baby food, for example).
Chadtronic - Another commentator that often reviews strange, obsure internet videos. He also reviews games, weird toys, and strange commercials. I find his content to be very entertaining.
Honourable Mentions: Game Grumps, jacksepticeye (I used to hate on this guy because I thought he was loud and obnoxious like PewDiePie and Markiplier, but I gave him a chance and I actually enjoy his content, and how excited he gets over playing some games. He can be loud and over the top sometimes, but I don't mind), Dan and Phil, The Nostalgia Critic, Lazy Masquerade.

Last edited:
This is easy.

YourPalRoss- He is very funny. Ross plays Minecraft and mostly Minecraft. He and Max are best friends.

Mithzan- Max is a Youtuber that gets mad easily. Maybe we should call him Mad Max. He makes funny videos. Also does Minecraft videos. He and Ross are best friends.

Aphmau- A Minecraft roleplayer, most famous for her series Minecraft Diaries. She plays Prop Hunt and Hide 'n Seek. She also reads fanfics on Minecraft.

LeafyIsHere- A very funny Youtuber. He makes stories and rants. Sometimes Leafy gets attacked and is called a "cyber bully", but he does it for entertainment.

OfficeAntics- The office. They do challenges (Mostly). The guys who work at the offices: Barney, Red, Tim (I think), Adam, Corey, and other people. The people who left: Ross, Max, and Jin.

Shubble- A cute Youtuber known as Shelby. She plays Minecraft and other games. She is cousins with Ross except people still ship them together.

SkyDoesThings- Has the guys from the offices make vlogs. Also has very funny content. I'm mostly there for the vlogs.

SkyDoesMinecraft- Do Not Laughs, Would You Rathers, Hide 'n Seeks, and Never Have I Evers. This channel is hilarious, especially with the Do Not Laughs.

I may not be subscribed to all the channels I mentioned, but they are still my favorites.

Chuggaaconroy- He's so funny and probably my top favorite Youtuber. His collab channel with NCS and ProtonJon, TheRunawayGuys, is awesome too.

I Hate Everything- Well, he hates everything. What else is there? lol seriously though, he seems pretty cool.

DXfan619- He does a lot of reviews, plays bad games and he's funny. Also, he got me interested in the Saints Row series. I actually got to friend him on Steam.

Nigahiga- Ten years on Youtube and still makes great content.

BlastphamousHD TV- Probably the only reaction channel I enjoy watching. He actually has something to say about the video, and has something funny to say sometimes.

The Diamond Minecart // DanTDM
Grian
MumboJumbo
PopularMMOs/GamingWithJen
Basically ANYONE who plays minecraft.
(Also ConnorTheWaffle, JWittz, and PeanutButterGamer)