• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your favourite Sitcom

"Your Favourite" seems very common in the Ya Srsly part of the forum...

Anyway, your fave Sitcom. Nearly everybody loves them. There are tonnes of them. 'Nuff said.

I have tonnes of favourites.

I think my first was Frasier. My Mum and Dad used to watch it and I (Very young at the time) couldn't understand why they were so glued to the screen.

My first real fave Sitcom is, of course, Friends. As soon as I got into it, I was hooked. Must have seen every episode at least 5 times and could win the Friends Scene It game in one clean sweap.

Next, it was back to Frasier. I had decided to re-discover it, and got hooked on the very witty humour. Got a bit predictable though.

Then, finding out where Frasier originated, it was on to Cheers. Pity they haven't released many of the seasons in the UK.

Then, going even further back into the origins of Frasier, it was on to Taxi, Cheers' spiritual predeccesor. Good, but not nearly as good as the three aforementioned.

Now, my most recent Sitcom is Scrubs. When I first saw it, I hated it. I thought it was trying too hard to be funny. But I have really got to like the cutaway gags in the form of daydreams and have got into it.

Post yours below...

Favorite two right now are How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory. HIMYM is pure win with its cast of characters and the legendary NPH. Makes me kinda wish I was like them. Big Bang Theory has the perfect mix of super smart and cheesy corny nerdy stuff to make it absolutely hilarious, not to mention the hilarity of Sheldon.

A couple of my favorites are The Big Bang Theory and The Office. (The U.S. version. I tried watching the orginial British version, it was okay, but didn't appeal to me as much.)

I pretty much agree with Pheonix on The Big Bang Theory. Sheldon's social awkardness tied in with the pretty blonde(Penny), a dweeb(Leonard), a sex crazy Jew (Howard...yes he's Jewish, if you pay enough attention to listen) and an Indian (Raj...Yes, an India Indian), makes it work. I don't know why, but I'm hooked.

Now, The Office makes me think of my business class. We're all a bunch of...people with "heart-ons" for each other. Except for that Dwight/Jim thing. LOL

I agree. The Office is my favorite. I have never seen the Brit version though. Another fave is Friends. Gotta love it. Also, Two and a Half Men is awesome.

Ah sitcoms... the essence of my ideology for the creation of a new world, ruled by nothing more than one golden rule...

You probably don't want to know the details

Anyway, as favorites go, my all-time favorite is Friends, though I've practically watched them all out now. I also have enjoyment from slightly midler sitcoms My Name is Earl, How I Met Your Mother (only seen a few episodes though), Fawlty Towers, and Extras, with a shitcom in a sitcom.

HmmMMM...

Well, I can't stand it now, but I used to loooooooove Full House. I don't know... I think I liked the chemistry between all the characters. And maybe I was somehow able ignore/accept all the lessons it shoved down my throat. *Shrug*

The Nanny is one that I've discovered on Nick at Night. I love it cuz of alllllll that unrequited love between Fran and Maxwell. And despite the reruns being ran all crazy so I know what happens, I still love to watch all the zany things Fran & friends end up doing.

Home Improvement is one that I remember watching as a kid. Tim the Toolman Taylor... yah... Good times. I love that neighbor. HE IS THE BESTEST.

Scrubs = Love. Just... everything works awesomely. All the characters are awesome, and they get developed too! Which is amazering! I love JD's daydreams. They're so hilarious.

With Friends, I haven't seen enough of it to say that it's my favorite, but I do love it. Especially the cheesecake episode.

I don't know if this counts, but Malcom in the Middle is really good if you haven't seen it. It basically takes the whole sitcom idea on it's ear; no laugh tracks, nothing goes right, and Malcom talks to the camera. I love it.

And that is my sitcom experience.

I loved how I met your Mother from the start and have seen every episode. I am also currently hooked on scrubs even tough I too hated it the first time I saw because I thought it was a little too weird. My friend lent me the first season to try and change my mind and it worked. Other good ones are the office, big bang theory and king of queens.