• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your Favourite Pokemon

I think my favorite would be Charizard. Because of the fact that he fully trained he's virtually unbeatable in the first game. Another reason is the fact that when you start off with a Charmander your basically at a disadvantage for the first part of the game with Brock and Misty. But once you get to at least a Charmeleon it gets easier and besides Charizard just looks cool.
My other favorite would have to be Rayquaza, not because he's so powerful, but because he looks like a traditional Dragon. Much the same way that Dragonair looks.

Flygon is one of my favorite dragon types. It's Dragon/Ground yet its egg type is bug which is funny. It can breed with Caterpie but not with Sceptile or any other dragon. ;D :D

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
The reason that Charizard isn't Half-Dragon, as well as the reason Gyarados isn't half dragon, is because DRAGON types, as a type, were supposed to be unique for the Dratini line, at least in the first Generation of PokéMon.

Granted, the second generation's introduction of Kingdra, followed by Gen3's massive influx of dragon-types and Gen4's bloody HORDES of them kinda put an Aipom-Wrench through that, but they really couldn't retcon established dual-types. And I'm tired of explaining that to people.

Not to mention both Charizard and Gyarados would have been extremely broken if they were Dragon types.

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason that Charizard isn't Half-Dragon, as well as the reason Gyarados isn't half dragon, is because DRAGON types, as a type, were supposed to be unique for the Dratini line, at least in the first Generation of PokéMon.

Granted, the second generation's introduction of Kingdra, followed by Gen3's massive influx of dragon-types and Gen4's bloody HORDES of them kinda put an Aipom-Wrench through that, but they really couldn't retcon established dual-types. And I'm tired of explaining that to people.
[quote author=Doctor Oak link=topic=1486.msg15154#msg15154 date=1175988674]
Not to mention both Charizard and Gyarados would have been extremely broken if they were Dragon types.
[/quote] ....Those are two very nice reasons, and now that you mention that docter, yes, they would be broken... I just dont like that 4X weakness to rock XD ...anyways, back on topic

Leafeon? I thought it was Leafia. And Typhlosion is my favorite, too. (We must both be Typhlosion fans.)

Leafeon is the official English name. It would have been wrong on many different levels if it didn't have 'eon' on the end of its name. I do have a place in my heart for Typhosion. I has one of the coolest names ever. Feraligatr is my favorite Johto starter evolution though.

I also like dragonite, In my opinion, its way cooler than salamence (and i almost feel sorry for it, having been abandond for Salamence/Metagross)

I really like Dragonite as much as I like Salamence. Dragonite is a classic and I love its Pokedex entries. A marine Pokemon that saves drowning humans. For someone like me that can't swim that is great.

I can't deny Salamence's coolness though. Salamence's story is almost inspirational: A Bagon wishes on its entire being for wings and when it fully evolves into a Salamence it flies around breathing fire out of sheer elation.

Tell me that's not awesome!

well, yeah, I guess that is pretty cool :) although when i said "Cooler" Part of that was being that i think Dragonite looks cooler (Its mainly salamence's "eyebrows", they aint pretty)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Salamence's story is almost inspirational: A Bagon wishes on its entire being for wings and when it fully evolves into a Salamence it flies around breathing fire out of sheer elation.

I dunno. Bagon's repeated jumping off cliffs and smashing its head into the ground/rocks doesn't really inspire me, it just makes me wonder if those Bagon have head trauma/brain damage ^^;

I dunno. Bagon's repeated jumping off cliffs and smashing its head into the ground/rocks doesn't really inspire me, it just makes me wonder if those Bagon have head trauma/brain damage ^^;

[quote author=StellarWind Elsydeon link=topic=1486.msg15408#msg15408 date=1176128140]
It would explain why they evolve into sadistic-looking flat tards with huge cardboard cutouts for wings.
[/quote]

You're Cruel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(I'm exaggerating)

I also adore Absol, Arcanine, Ninetales, and Houndoom. Absol warns us of impending doom and how do we repay it? By associating it with bad luck. Oh the shame. I can picture myself riding on Arcanine's back in a wheat field or something. Ninetales is beautiful and graceful. Houndoom is just pure greatness.

OH! and T-Tar! Haven't seen him around in awhile! its a shame though, that damn sandstream always gets in the way (that's probably why its not used as much anymore :p )

OH! and T-Tar! Haven't seen him around in awhile! its a shame though, that damn sandstream always gets in the way (that's probably why its not used as much anymore :p )

I thougt I was the only one. I love Tyrannitar, but I dislike its Sandstream ability. I have to adjust my strategy or change the weather to keep my other Pokemon from taking too much damage. I would rather it have a different ability like Battle Armor, anything but Sandstream.

Err not an easy question to answer! So i'll just have to break it up into groups!
But i still have to say Charizard is my over all favorite!

Kanto- Charizard
Johto- Houndoom
Hoenn- Blaziken
Sinnoh-Lucario
Legendary- Entei
Eevee Evolution- Espeon

Well there you are.. didn't notice before but i guess i have a little thingfor fire types.

Heh, this forum gave me a perfect signature idea.

you know what? im gonna just list my favorites by type

Fire: Charizard, Houndoom
Water: Blastoise, Milotic, Kabutops
Grass: Venusaur
Electric: Electabuzz
Ground: Rhydon
Rock: Kabutops, Tyrannitar
Bug: Scyther, Heracross
Fighting: Hitmonlee, Heracross
Flying: Charizard, Dragonite
Psychic: Gardevoir, Metagross
Dark: Houndoom, Tyrannitar
Ghost: Dusclops, Gengar
Ice: errmm..... not a lot to choose from....
Poison: Gengar, Venusaur
Steel: Steelix, Metagross
Dragon: Dragonite
Normal: Eevee!

Thats about all i can think of

I have a few actually:

Sandslash (Hence the avatar) Im not sure why just i love him! He's been my faveourite since the R/B days.

Although of the new generation it has to be Munchlax...Pure brilliance.

Funnily enough my faveourite type is Water pokemon and in most cases my second favourites are pogeys like Starmie,Milotic

M

Migumi Izawa

my favorites would have to be Vaporeon, Lucario, and Sandshrew. they all rock!

Oh, geeze. . .where to begin???

I have some VERY wierd affairs with random pokemon. . . I can't say
I have an All-Time favourite. . .

From the beginning, I've always loved the Ghastly Line. Also, Arbok. I have a VERY strange affinity for the first poison-types. . . I never really liked the starters for that Gen, I mean, I LIKED them, but . . .they weren't my favourites, y'kno? I also have a problem with Venasaurs. . . I can't get one. No matter what I do, I can't. Arcanine was always great, but not really. . .everyone liked it, so I couldn't.  I've also always loved the ledgendary birds. . . Zapdos and Articuno more so then Moltres. . .I've never been a fan of Moltres.

My real love affair with Articuno started when I got PTCG for Gameboy. . . That card is KICK. ASS. when you get enough energy on it, just the basic fossil articuno? MANS. I built a deck around it. Then I got the promo card of Zapdos in the game. . .

ohmigawds. BIG THUNDAR!!!!! :O Big Thunder is seriously. . .there is nothing it cannot do. You'll be down and out and you'll have one pokemon out, and it'll just demolish everything on the opponents side of the field. hit after hit after hit. . .and it only takes 3 energy to get it up and running. . . 70 damage in one hit? It's enough to take out anything, and the randomization factor. . .  OH!

*clears throat* anyway. Then second Gen came out, and I love Bayleaf. ^^ It's so much fun to draw. ^^ I really didn't have any other favourites as far as second Gen went, I just stuck my good 'ole favs. I think I developed a deep respect for Garydos then, as well as Meowth (Pay day, anyone? That's when I really began to value it.) But. . . OH! YES! Larvitar's line. ^^ The whole line is just. . .so brooding and dark. I love Dark pokemon. Skarmory as well, but I got that in holographic card form. . .  and Houndoom is pretty sleek. But Skarmory and Houndoom. . .not my absolute favourites. Not like Larvitar.

Then the third generation came out. ^^ I really developed my favourites then, Absol, of course, because it's just so KICK ASS. Also, Mawile. I picked one up in the game, and I've never looked back. I hear it's not one of the best pokemon, but. . . You could've fooled me. ^^ My twin team of Mawile and Absol crush absolutely. EVERYTHING. I also have a strange fixation with Tropius. . . Why is it flying type? This still baffles me to no end. like that fat banana headed dinosaur could get up off the ground???? :/

. . .Shuppets are kickass, ghost types are like, teh spiff. ^^

. . .Aaaaand. . .i think i'm done ranting. XD

well if we were talking about fav lengendary trio id go with the the bird trio A.K.A Moltres,Zapdos,Articuno
(and ho-oh if u seen my topic about ho-oh art you'd know how much me and my best bud like ho-oh)

As I at least think I stated before, my favorite is Gardevoir. Not only are they the most beautiful Pokemon in the game, but the PokeDex says they can create black holes and warp reality at the expense of their lives in order to protect their trainers.

My favorite Pokemon is Eevee (and all it's forms).
IF it were possible, I would have a team of eight on me at all times. ^ ^;;;

But for favorite legendary...
Mew hands down.
It's is just to utterly adorable!!!

My favorite is Electivire

a29aab18056df8950ccd34318b7e2bdc.png

G

Gingaman

419-3.png
floatzel because It is fast ( even more so in the rain )
005_Charmeleon_watercolor_210_12007.gif
and charmeleon Because he is cool and the best Pokemon ever becides Charazard and he is not as cool

Ice is the best element ever, but oddly my favorite Pokemon is a Ghost type. Which is also freakin' awesome.

BEHOLD!
263.gif

The almighty Haunter! *sticks out tongue and pulls face*
I've always loved him since the episodes where he, Gastly, and Gengar had that haunted house and Ash pwned Sabrina with him.

Luxray just became my new favorite electric type of all time. I just wish it were ele/drk. It just looks awesome. Infernape is cool too but not as much as Blaziken. I have always liked Sneasel and Weavile but I love them even more now because of d/p's new way of catagorizing(sp) attacks.

My favorite is Lucario for a couple reasons...
1: He's a Jackal
2: He looks like Anubis, the Egyptian God of Death
3: He was in the movie "Lucario and the Mystery of Mew"
4: He can use a Rasengan-looking attack "Aura Sphere"
5: He has Spikes on his paws (U gotta admit thats pretty cool)
6: He is a powerful "Egg" pokemon
7: He looks TIGHT!!!!! :p