• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your favourite Pokemon

My favorite would have to be lucario, if not him the bisharp, Braviary, or scraggy. okay maybe luxray and ludicolo too.

My favorite pokemon has to be Typhlosion or Shinx, Typhlosion because it is the only pokemon I have trained form LvL one to LvL 100 and its just an awesome fighter and shinx because electric is my favorite type and because It was my 10th birthday cake.

my favorite pokemon is chandelure. i never really had a real favorite pokemon until i decided i needed one. i like it because it is mysterious and a bit eerie. we all know it's a chandelier, but it looks like a pumpkin head. well the head does. i like litwick too. not so much lampent.

My favorite pokemon has to be, And will continue being! , Infernape!

First of all, It looks like a badass baboon king monkey with huge chest plate and other little plates and stuff. Also, It's got a kickass flame coming out of its frickin' head! Plus, it's a huge powerhouse. One of Ash's main pokemon in the Sinnoh League. I think this pokemon is the bomb. :p

Well, my preferences have changed recently, so here's how things now stand, going by type once again:

Normal: Braviary
Grass: Roserade
Fire: Magmortar
Water: Dewott
Electric:Electivire (sorry, Jolteon)
Rock: Kabutops
Ground: Sandslash
Bug: Scizor
Psychic: Gardevoir
Fighting: Gallade
Flying: Staraptor
Ice: Glaceon
Ghost: Froslass
Poison: Nidoking
Steel: Bisharp
Dragon: Haxorus
Dark: Hydreigon

Out of them, Gallade (recently watched The Rise of Darkrai, where Gallade is around, but basically did nothing the whole time, which aggravated me a bit) is totally my favorite, followed closely by Staraptor, Magmortar, Hydreigon, and Electivire. Admittedly, their performance in battle might have affected my judgment a tad.

I think that I have three new favourites, therefore knocking down all others. Those are: Golduck, Umbreon and Espeon.

After playing some more on my current platinum run (on emulator), I've discovered that they are all terribly good fighters and that, the more I've used them, their designs are stunning.

There are lots of Pokemon I love, but my favorite is Giratina and probably always will be, in honor of Blade my Giratina, who "died" when I accidentally deleted my saved file on Pokemon Diamond.

Blastoise.

I remember getting Pokemon Blue for christmas way back when and had no idea what it was or how to play it. Sure enough i figured it out. Finally came time to choose my starter pokemon, and really...who's gonna go past a giant turtle that walks on 2 legs and has giant cannons on it back? not me thats for sure!
Blastoise was the very first pokemon i owned and will always be favourite, Kecleon is a close 2nd mainly because chameleons are my favourite animal.

Others include:

Dragonite
Golem
Noctowl
Donphan
Crobat
Scizor
Houndoom
Umbreon
Steelix
Heracross
Metagross
Manectric
Torterra
Weavile
Magmortar
Electivire

Have to admit i really don't like the newest generation of Pokemon one bit. So much has changed since the first 151, the only one i really dig is Braviary...though i'm probably being bias because i grew up playing the Kanto/Johto versions. Didn't like the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Pokemon either :-/ (minus the one on my list)

Torterra is cool! I love the idea how its back is a nice habitat for pokemon, and its moveset is awesome! I always start a new games on platinum. When I had a Torrterra, I was amazed by its power! I know I made a mistake to this day. . . But no worrys, i started a new game again after choosing piplup, and chose turtwig, and will grow into a strong and healthy torterra.
Other favorites:
Frosslass
Weavile
Magmortar
Steelix
Gallade
and. . . MAGIKARP!. . . what! magikarp needs love too!

Ralts. I never saw it in the anime or knew what it could do before I found one in Ruby. It was awsome but then it evolved, that is my male Ralts evolved and it put me off the higher evolutions but then they made Gallade and I thought it was just as awesome except it did not have the trace ability which I also loved. As such Ralts is still my favourite, but at least I don't hate Kirlia and Gardevoir anymore, I just insist that those evolved forms have to be female.

Pikachu! These mouse-like creatures are among the most sought-after Pokémon. Trainers often have a hard time keeping several Pikachu in one place, however, because a high concentration of Pikachu will trigger electrical disturbances in the atmosphere.

Last edited by a moderator:
BUNEARY! :D i know you're all gonna think i'm joking, but seriously, i love the snuggly little f*cker XD i've got a level 96 one and he's gone through the Pearl and Black elete 4 all on his own :L and i sent him out against my friend's level 80 Dragonite (much to his amusement) but Buneary froze it the first turn, and finished it off in the second, who's laughing now? 8)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Your favourite Pokemon

I...must say either Minun or Absol top my list, as Minun's cute furry is so incinerating to my emotions, while Absol is just...♥

I've really grown to love Deino. Not only is it a Dragon with a full fringe, but it has the smoothest-running animation of all the Pokemon on B/W. But the main reason I love it is it's BEASTLYNESS in Little Cup. My Work-Up Deino has swept many a LC team when given the chance.

Trubbish. I thnik it's really cute, and the best poison type ever. o3o My other favorites are Rattata, Lanturn, Furret and Raichu.

MANAPHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
he is just soooooooooooooooooooooo cute, also he is blue which is my favourite colour after that
2, phione
3. shaymin sky forme
4. celebi
5. mew
6. jirachi
7. articuno
8. latios
9. latias
10. shaymin land forme
11. lilipup
and that's the ones I know

Cupcake said:
Trubbish. I thnik it's really cute, and the best poison type ever. o3o My other favorites are Rattata, Lanturn, Furret and Raichu.
Yay someone else who agrees with me that Trubbish is cute

Abra has been my favorite since the start and I can't say it's changed even in recent games. Then again, that's not too hard when I look at the disappointing choices presented in the latest installment...

My favorite... Chandelure. It has an awesome typing, great stats, awesome movepool, awesome abilities, great concept, and is definitely what I want the last thing my enemies to see... >:D

Mine are all the legends, Ash's pokemon, and Gyrados. I love em because of their power and the roles they play in the anime.

My favorite Poke is Arcanine. Why? Ohh so many reasons but to name a few i'll say that it's species is "Legendary Pokemon", it's signature move is extreemspeed, and it is a 6' 3" fire dog. My other favorites include the Poke's in the trainer card in my signature and, Lapras, Kingdra, Manectric, Torkoal, Gallade, Crobat, and probably more that I can't think of at the moment.

My favorite Pokemon you ask? Its Pikachu of course! I know a lot of people don't like Pikachu or think its to overused, but Pikachu has been my favorite Pokemon since the first episode. I'm 19 so I am Generation 1 :) If Pikachu was real, I would have a farm full of them, haha.

It seems I'm pretty fickle, as my favorites can change pretty often. Anyway, here's another type-by-type update of my favorites.

Normal: Cinccino
Grass: Ludicolo
Fire: Blaziken
Water: Dewott
Electric: Electivire
Rock: Kabutops
Ground: Sandslash
Bug: Yanmega (Modest nature + 252 Sp. Attack EVs & 252 Speed EVs + full Sp. Attack IVs + Speed Boost + Protect + Hidden Power (Ground) + Life Orb = One monster of a bug-type!)
Psychic: Gardevoir
Fighting: Gallade
Flying: Staraptor
Ice: Weavile
Ghost: Froslass
Poison: Nidoking
Steel: Scizor
Dragon: Latias
Dark: Hydreigon