• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your favourite Pokemon

Bulbasaur - it was my very first Pokemon to begin with . Ever . I will always keep this my favorite .

Vaporeon - my first Eeveelution . Helped me defeat most of the Elite Four in FireRed . This Pokemon rocks .

Ditto - very helpful in Pokemon breeding and who wouldn't love this squishy pink blob ? :)

Vulpix - I don't know why , but I just like this Pokemon . I have millions of them in my pc boxes. xD

Ho-Oh - the only reason I like this legendary is because it signifies rainbows . I ♥ rainbows .

my favourite pokemon is legendary pokemon : rayquaza , groudon , kyogre , jirachi , ho-oh , deoxys and lugia. But i like a simple pokemon like treecko evolve to groovle to sceptile , mudkip evolve to marshtomp to swampert , torchic evolve to combusken to blaziken , wurmple evolve to silcoon to beautifly , aron evolve to lairon to aggron , azurill evolve to marill to azumarill and tropius. all of pokemon i write is a cool , strong , beauty and smart pokemon ;D

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorites are Infernape, Swampert, Blastoise, Crobat and Magnezone. Don't ask me to decide a most favorite, because frankly, I can't.

I like Infernape because his (or her) fire/fighting combination is a force to be reckoned with. Infernape also learn some great attacks, such as Slack Off, Flare Blitz, Close Combat, and Swords Dance.

Blastoise is the fully evolved form of my first ever Pokemon, Squirtle, and Blastoise are bulky, which is how I like my water-types.

Swampert is, in my opinion, one of the best water/ground types there is. I love using water/ground types.

Next is Crobat. I like Crobat because it's fast and hard to outspeed. I like to pull my Crobat into battle, lay down Confusion and/or Toxic, and deal major damage with a Brave Bird+Roost combo.

As for Magnezone, I just can't explain why, but I like it. It's just an interesting Pokemon, I guess.

So many...
I have two in the #1. Ninetales and Espeon. I guess I must like the fox/dog kinda look. Of course Espeon is purple and psychic. :3 and Ninetales is a fox, one of my fave animals and a fire type, which I prefer.
Other faves are Mareep, Quilava, Charizard, and Absol. X3

This is hard :-\ I guess I would have to go with these three:
Victini: Sort of like a cute little rodent holding the peace sign to everyone
Shaymin: A cute little hedgehog, that can transform at will with just a flower!
Spiky-eared Pichu: Another cute little rodent! :)
I love all those Pokémon for their unique and cute designs!

How have I been here for a while and not posted in this topic |D I'm so silly~

It's a tough choice, because I really love so many of the Pokemon designs from all of the gens.

I have to say the top of the top for me is Blaziken. I just love the whole idea of the six foot tall fire chicken :> Not to mention he trounces through my games with me and owns all in his way :3

After that, I'm a big fan of Ranculus, and the rest of its line. So adorable~ Not to mention Dentula, and Shinborah, and Rampardos :> There's so many more but it's supposed to be the most favoritest |D

Conkeldurr and Bisharp.

Conkeldurr is just so manly and sexy. He also has a clown nose which looks kinky and odd on a builder.
Bisharp is simply the most badass Pokemon ever.

Absol and Poochyena. Absol just looks amazing and awesome, and its cry stole my heart the first time I heard it. I love its attack power and huge move pool. And Poochyena has to be about the most adorable thing I've ever seen, my heart melted the first time I ever saw one. Those two are the only ones that have ever managed to do that. So yeah, Absol and Poochyena for me.

I have a lot of top faves but majority reside in the Kanto region:
No specific order: Raichu, Gengar, Bulbasaur family, Charmander family, Nido families, Abra, Xatu, Sableye, Squirtle family, Arcanine, and Cubone. I also have a soft spot for Sandshrew family, Slowpoke family, and Zangoose

Kanto: Electabuzz, Machamp, Gyarados, Charizard, Aerodactyl, Dragonite
Johto: Feraligatr, Bellossom, Gligar, Scizor, Sneasel, Skarmory
Hoenn: Glalie, Milotic, Blaziken, Absol
Sinnoh: Infernape, Empoleon, Staraptor, Roserade, Electivire,
Unova: Scraggy, Scrafty, Timburr, Gurdurr, Conkeldurr, Pawniard, Bisharp, Servine, Emboar, Dewott, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Woobat, Swoobat, Pidove, Munna, Musharna, Klink, Blitzle, Krookadile, Braviary, Alomomola, Deino, Sweilous, Hydreigon, Pansear, Volcarona

Turns out I like Gen 5 more than I thought ._.

Silver Magpie said:
Meant to post this yesterday, but my memory is made of fail. It's a familiar topic that should be revived after all. The title pretty much speaks for itself: what Pokemon is your absolute favourite and why?

As regulars here will know, my favourite is Manectric. Not quite sure why. I just came across one after rediscovering Pokemon and I was instantly drawn to him. He became my Thunderdog and he's been my firm favourite since. He has a weird design, and we can all agree that loads of other Pokemon look much cooler/better, but I just love him and he's a solid member of my competitive battle team. I've never even seen him in the anime, and I'm not sure what he sounds like. But I loves him ♥

Other favourites include: Sceptile, Murkrow and Munchlax ♥

So, what about you? mine are swampret and flygon,swellow,mudkip,

My favorite pokemon was Zoroark...why?Beat me!He's attract me from my very first look!
He is awsome:nice ability,good move pool,nice stats and good-looking image(what! i'm just saying!)

My favorite Pokemon is Absol because I just love dark types, closely followed by Excadrill (Doryuuzu) because he has good moves and I can't stop drawing it (seriously, all my sketch books are filled with Excadrill)

Another reason I LOOOOOOVE Unova is Musharna. If I would create a list of my five favourite Pokemon, Musharna would be in a VEEEEEERY close second to Charizard. Another reason on why I can't wait for Gen V.

Charizard. I say with it being one of the very originals, and it being an extremely badass dragon-remniscent fire type, I was just drawn to it like a moth to a light. That, and I have trained about twenty or more of them over my time as a pokemon gamer and I have yet to have any real gripes about its stats and movesets. And then when they introduced the shinies... Instant inseparability.

i have a top ten list of my favorite pokemon

1. Marowak

2. Swellow

3. Dageki (5th Gen!)

4. Infernape

5. Gyarados (shiny)

6. the mighty Pikachu!

7. Empoleon

8. Typhlosion

9. Jolteon

10. Sceptile

i have several, when i started playing pokemon,(first game was saffire) i fell in love with gardevoir. Then when it wasn't in diomand or pearl... >:( >:( >:(... but then in platinum i discovered gallade and had them both on my team!!! I also like shellos and gastrodon, loppuny, glaceon and tauros ;D ;D ;D ;D

The top three from each Generation.

Vaporeon, Cubone, Vileplume
134.png
104.png
45.png

Vaporeon is, and will always be my favourite eeveelution. It has a nice movelist and can be very useful in battles (as it has proven on my current LG run).
Cubone is just a cute little rascal that I've always loved. I've never really raised one but it holds a special place in my heart for cutest pokémon ever.
Vileplume is just as Vaporeon one of my number one favourites. Proven to be very useful in my Emerald run.

Ampharos, Croconaw, Suicune
181.png
159.png
245.png

Ampharos is my best fighter in Pokémon Gold. He can stand against almost anything.
Croconaw. Well, Totodile was never my favourite starter but this 'gator is too cool to leave out.
Suicune is the only legendary on my list. Suicune and I have had a lot of funny moments in Pokémon Crystal.

Camerupt, Altaria, Swalot
323.png
334.png
317.png

Camerupt is my favourite fire pokémon. Even if he's big and slow he has always been there to take the heavy hits.
Altaria is cool. I just recently tried it out and I fell in love.
Swalot is my purple blob of fearsomeness. He is cute, good and loyal.

Weavile, Lickilicky, Roserade
461.png
463.png
407.png

Sneasel was one of my former favourites, but when Gen IV came out I fell in love with Weavile instead. Really useful in my battles on Pokemon Online.
Lickilicky and Roserade are two Pokémon I just recently started to use.
Lickilicky is my main starter battler and he can truly take heavy hits.
Roserade is my shady, shady blossom. She has a very useful movepool even if she has a type disadvantage.

Simisage, Conkeldurr, Samurott
512.png
534.png
503.png

Never tried any of these except Conkeldurr. All look cool and would surely be in my team if I bought White or Black.

Of course I have some more favourites that didn't make the list.

From Generation I, I've always loved Blastoise, Pikachu, and Nidoqueen.
From Generation II, I've always loved Feraligatr, Espeon, and STEELIX! ♥
From Generation III, my tops were always Mightyena, Sharpedo, and Metagross.
From Generation IIII, I love Weavile, Lopunny, and Bastiodon.
From Generation IIIII, I love Emolga, Samurott, and Lilligant.

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
Blastoise is my favorite, hands down, mostly for three reasons:
1: It was my first Pokemon
2: Everyone else I knew seemed to love Charizard, so I decided to stray away from the norm and side on the fire-type's adversary.
3: FREAKIN' WATER CANNONS!!

My Favorite Has To Be Tepig. I Mean Over All, Hes A Good Pokemon! Pretty Good Stats For A Starter, Also Cute, And If You Just Want A Regular Companion, He's Your Guy! He Also Looks Pretty Kick-Ass When He Evolves So Overall Tepig Owns.

My favorite pokemon is kyogre because I think it's awsome and I love water pokemon, next will be treecko because it was my first pokemon :D and I think jirachi I don't know why but I like doom desire XP

hmmmm quite hard but probably...alolomomola the new pokemon in black and white!!! I love it's looks and moves! I also like swanna, cinccino and swoobat! but out of the originals...Crobat and glaceon and gallade!

My favourite is definitely Tyranitar. I've liked him ever since seeing him in the back of the 2002(?) annual, during my obsession with dinosaurs. To me, he looks incredibly strong, although his sprites since Diamond & Pearl don't really do him justice. I like Cofagrigus as well, mainly because his animation is so lively.

Shiny Weavile(obviously)... Lucario,Tyranitar,Samurott,Charizard,Gardevoir,Metagross,Feraligator(lovingly named Fred) Misdreavus(Minerva),Ampharos,Darkrai,Missingno and 'M,Victini(I GOTZ ONE!), Mudkipz,Throh(Pugly, i wantz 2 hug it),Glaceon,Pichu,Leavanny,Gallade,Deoxys,and Braviary.

Sure I forgot some, so... SORRY TO ALL THE POKEMON I FORGOT EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE TECHNICALLY JUST A COLLECTION OF PIXELS AND ARE INCAPBLE OF EXPRESSING EMOTION I STILL ♥ U!

Favorite Pokemon: Starters: Turtwig and family, Squirtle and family, Chimchar and family
2. Shedinja
3. Scizor
4. Ghastly and family
5. Weezing
Bonus 6. Ditto