• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your favourite Pokemon region

Your Favourite Region

• Unova

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • Johto

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • Kanto

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • Unova

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • Johto

Votes: 14 18.7%
  • Kanto

Votes: 4 5.3%

• Total voters
I like Unova because of all the awesome Pokemon like Braviary, Gigalith, Eelektross, Samurott, Serperior, etc. My second choice would be Hoenn! It has a few awesome Pokemon like Flygon,Salamence and Manetric.

I've been playing Pokémon since Red & Blue came out and each region is great for what it offers. My personal favorite would be Johto for the fact of it being mix of the modern world and the old world, with a little legend in the land. The region that I would say is the worst (its good, just not as good as the other regions) is Hoenn. Biggest issue for me when thinking about the region and not the story, the Pokémon, the music etc. It would be; the water issue.

This was my favorite region in the anime, and Pokemon Emerald was the first game I got that had gym leaders and a storyline and all that. So, Hoenn is the most familiar to me, and I like the Gen III Pokemon a lot. I have fond memories of this game, my first Pokemon adventure, capturing Rayquaza, beating this game. The Battle Frontier was interesting as well.
Same with me except that I started with Ruby so I wasn't able to try the Battle Frontier until my brother got Emerald and let me pass the frontier with his team. I had the Battle Tower challenge and Groudon/Latios legends.

Johto is my favourite.
Hoenn is my least, not that I hate it, just that being the broke kid I was time ago, never got a GBA, therefore never got to play Gen 3. Maybe when I get OR or AS Hoenn would go up in the ranks.
But onto Johto, let's start:

Pokemon - I like the starters a lot. They're still my favourite starter group, with Meganium being my favourite. As for regular pokemon, tons of my favourites came out of Johto, such as Xatu, Noctowl, Piloswine, and Ampharos, favourite being Xatu, of course!:)Legendaries were pretty well-rounded. The Legendary Cats are probably my favourite legendary triplet, favourite being Entei.

History - Ah, yes. I liked the history of the cats, Ho-Oh and Lugia, and even the Unknown.

Music - Oh yes! :D Almost every piece is on my top 10 favourite pokemon music list! And the National Park theme is by far my favourite music in the whole franchise of video game music, and that's a lot! I'd listen to that and Goldenrod's theme all the time!

Gym Leaders, Elites, Champion - I like them. Probably some of my most difficult battles are from them (Bugsy, Morty, Whitney, etc.) I like how Koga, Bruno, and Lance made their returns. And Red!? :o Oh my, the ultimate battle!

Overall - Everything is perfect for me in Johto. I like how you can go back to Kanto and even face Red! HG and SS had so much things to do, it was maddening (In a good way)! In the anime, Johto was my favourite pokerap! To put it short, Johto is my favourite reigon, has and always will be.

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
My favorite region has to be hoenn. Pokemon sapphire was my first Pokemon game and I can't wait to come back with OR/AS.
First off, all 3 starters are totally amazing. It saddens that I always have to choose one.
Your in a moving truck in the beginning of the game. What other region starts off with you in a truck?
Your father is actually there, and he's a gym leader!
The pokenav and match call ( in emerald) was so much fun. I remember spamming Steven with my calls. But he would always say the same thing.( I know you can also do this in HG/SS)
Archie and Maxie are amazing.( Maxie's new character design is amazing.)There plans are dumb thought but they still try to pursue them. Loved the ocean. And dive.
Raquaza, Salamance, Flygon, Mightyeana, Absol, Swellow, gardevoir...but wait! There's more amazing Pokemon in this region!
Wallace is amazing. A Pokemon league champion that only uses water types.
And last but not least.. Do you hear the trumpets!?
Conclusion- My favorite region is hoenn.

My favourite region is Hoenn, I wanted to say Kalos because I preferred the wider dex, it's just that some of the places in Kalos are so forgettable, because they seem a little characterless, another reason for forgetfulness is the names, off the top of my head I can remember 4 cities/towns where as I can name them all in the other regions.

Johto! I love the cities (specially Ecruteak City) and the towns. The whole region is awesome to me! But I like Hoenn too and Kalos is nice also!

Johto, by far. Every pokemon, every character, every city; they're all known and loved to me. I've played the Johto games more times than I can count, and never had I once gotten tired of it. I suppose the main reason I like it is nostalgia; when I was five years old, spending hours upon hours playing Gold on the gameboy color...

Sinnoh follows at a close second, however. Platinum always gave me more of a challenge with it's trainers than other games I've played in the series. I also enjoyed the geography, the length of the adventure, and the music in the games.:8B:

Johto. It's not just because of the great story and locations, but also because it feels more outdoorsy than the other regions. I live in the country and I love to hunt and fish. I feel very tied to woodsy and mountainous settings and have an immense respect for nature. Johto just feels right to me.

Johto will always be my favourite. Gold version to this day is still the best Pokemon experience I ever had and Johto left a huge mark on my nostalgia. I nearly maxed the clock in 8-bit Johto. The huge nostalgia aside, I really like the focus on mythology and the past in Johto and the general style with the mix of old towns and modern ones.

Although I adore Johto: the pokemon, the towns, etc., the world of Hoenn was just
so much more immersive to me. I got into Pokemon during Kanto, but I was PRETTY
young. I started playing when I was 4/5/6 years old and the only reason I even really
got into it was because I watched the show, but it's safe to say that I didn't get
too much out of it. It got a bit better with Johto... But Hoenn came out when I
was around seven years old, so that was at the pinnacle of my understanding
of Pokemon, and I was OBSESSED. The world was entirely immersive, I really
understood the gameplay, the pokemon were cool, and I ended up playing
and re-playing Hoenn the most out of any game other than Kanto, which I was
able to re-enjoy when it was rereleased when it came out 2 years later.

Hoenn's beautiful ocean scenes, the mountains, the interesting villains and more
all heavily influenced my love of the reason. And ORAS only intensified that appreciation.