• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your Favourite Gen V Pokemon

So, there has been a topic about favourite starter, but not about Pokemon overall!

So, which is your favourite?

My favourite is Kojondo (so elegant and cool and it gets regeneration as well as U-Turn), with Musharna second (incense tapir yeaaah.)

EDIT: Removed poll- 156 Pokemon would be too much :p

Re: Your Favourite Gen V Pokemon So Far

I like quite a few of that bunch, but I finally settled on the sand crocodile Meguroko. I'm loving the the thing design wise because I think it's kinda cute. And I have high hopes on the competitive battling side too. It has two really awesome abilities so far and if it has the stats and movepool to back it up, then, well, I'll love it even more ♥. And did I mention that it's a dark type?

Shimama and Zorua also get honorable mentions as well for being absolutely adorable, and the latter for being the 'cute' dark type I've wanted for a while now.

Personally, it's a tie between Meguroko and Hihidaruma. I like monkeys and alligators, and I like sand and fire, why shouldn't I like these critters? And Meguroko's eyes reminds me of a jetpack (REVERSEFLYINGROCKETFACECROCCOS!!) Though Zorua comes close behind as being a blend of cool and cute simultaniously, a feat only few can accomplish without looking stupid as well.

I personally favor Tsutaja, its design is diffrent for a grass starter, even thought it looks like a cyndaquil
and treecko crossed. Im not to much for Zoroark its design looks abit poor to me, especially its shape and mouth observing the movie trailer of its appearance. As for Hihidaruma it made me die inside, along with laughing at its design appears as if its the buizel of the generation its ape appearance and flamming eyebrows are just overly lets say, creative? as for everything else Mijumaru seems frightening, the type of thing thats watching you out your window during a rain and thunderstorm., you stare at your window and lighting does its duty, and Bam suddenly, its face is pushed against the window watching you. As for everything else i don't really mind nor care for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Croc without a doubt, nice typing, represents a favourite animal of mine and cute design :D

Chirami is so cute its like my dream cute Pokemon Its probably this games Buneary/Pachirisu

Edit: Changed My mind when Votes were Resets Its Just me and Kibago now ^_^

Megacroco. I lurves that little fella. Those eyes are adorable, I personally think it makes him look like he has goggles. It'll probably be on my team for getting through the E4. And that ability looks really nice for competitive peoples.
Others I like: Miji, Reshiriam, Zebra... (We're gonna call them different names in a while anyhow...)

For some reason, Gear has really grown on me. I have no idea why, but I like him. Maybe it's cuz I like Steel types, but whatever. He gets my vote.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

I think it's still Pokabu for me, but Tsutaja, Zekrom, and Meguroko are definitely runners up. I can definitely see myself training a Meguroko first play through for that intriguing ability of its. Nice typing, too. But yeah... I love teh piggy. :)

Hihidaruma is my favourite, next to the snowman-otter himself Mij. I love all aspects of him. Nice base idea, cool colour scheme, and a creepy, creepy smile to boot. And despite absolutely ♥'ing him, I refer to Chowder:

"Thats got to be the creepiest, creepiest, creepiest, creepiest, creepiest thing ever. Creepiest...

Meguroko all the way at this point. It's Dark, is a crocodile, and is a CUTE crocodile. Not to mention, it's abilities are amazing, and Earthquake Spiral just cycles with itself at points. Its evo is probably going to contain massive amounts of badassery, and Wynaut?(pun ftw) it looks badass as a basic ♥

Well I originally voted for Munna, because when I first saw it I thought it was awesome.

Buuuuut now I'm having second thoughts on my favorite Gen V Pokemon.

I still like Munna a lot, but Shimama is creepin' in there and becoming my favorite I think.

I've thought about how cool it'd be to have a zebra Pokemon before, and I'm very pleased with the one they made :>
The fact that it's an electric type surprised me, but I quickly fell in love with its little grease lightning mohawk ♥
if it evolved into a Electric/Dark type I'd think that was neat, but I would also love if it didn't get an evolution and just stayed adorable forever :3

Anywho, my three favorites are Shimama, Mijumaru and Munna. I guess after writing this whole thing about Shimama I'll say that that's my favorite of this generation, but honestly it's a bit early for me to tell which ones I dislike so far. They're all so fresh and new that I like them all :p

OKAY ALSO DON'T KILL ME BUUUUUUUT the crocodile didn't really catch my interest, I was really surprised when everyone was saying they loved it :|

I voted Chiirami. I think that chinchillas are the best thing on the planet, and finally get a Pokemon one makes Cody a happy boy.

Meguroko is a very, very close second though, for most of the reasons others have said -- it looks amazing, it's got great abilities, and it's evolution can only get better, right?

My favorite pokemon of the revealed so far? Pokabu, I flippin adore piggies and I love fire ♥ so when Pokabu was revealed, you bet your sweet ass I squeeled like a Spoink about him <333

Haven't really decided what I was going to name him when I get him, most likely Jebias :3

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

I can't quite decide between Pokabu and Chirami for some reason. XD I totally freaked out when I saw the fire pig for some reason. Chirami, though, is freaking adorable ♥ I haven't really found a reason why NOT to love the little chincilla yet.

A close second's probably Zorua because it's so cute as well, and it looks like it'll rip your head off. It's, like, bipolar just from its looks. |D

Chiramii is my hands down fave. It's just so cute and cuddley! I mean, who could resist that face?
Gear is a pretty close second. It may seem kinda odd, but it's freaakin rad. And . . .
Gentleman_Virgil said:
the crocodile didn't really catch my interest, I was really surprised when everyone was saying they loved it :|
I am totally with ya on this one. It's alright I guess, but I don't know . . . Maybe if it wasn't brown. Deserts have more than brown. Here (In Utah [desert area]), there's also pale teal colors . . . and even purple in some areas . . .

I absolutely love Chiraamii. It is by far my favorite, It is going on my team! Honorable mentions are all revealed pokemon from coro coro. Except for hihidaruma. I hate that thing!

You are all incorrect because you know on the inside of your heart that Mun'na is absolute and divine beauty.

Well maybe that's just me. But seriously, I really don't care for much else besides this fluffy tapir of pink and flowers ♥ Not that I hate the others outright or something, I think quite a few are lovely and cute, but I find little things I don't like about them and then they're just bluh to me.

Anyway, I like Psychic types, pink Pokemon, and anything with flowers. You can pretty much be betting it'll evolve into Psychic/Grass, and I love like all the little Grass type Pokemon. And it floats. I rather enjoy floating.

It's the perfect Pokemon for a tea party :'D

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord

Why is this topic using horrible romanisations of the names? Gear is Gear, not Giaru. We know it's Gear because it's a gear. >>

It's also awesome. Gear > You all.

DoctorOak said:
Why is this topic using horrible romanisations of the names? Gear is Gear, not Giaru. We know it's Gear because it's a gear. >>

I got them from Bulbapedia...

Anyway, some of them are beginning to grow on me. Munna, now that I look at it, looks pretty darn awesome.

Also, Chiramii is the lord of amazingness.

DoctorOak said:

I agree. I don't really like when they go out and do things that aren't justified (the r in Tsutarja for example...) but Giaru is pretty simply a Gear, and that pronunciation is pretty justified.

I guess it's because Gear is such a simple and boring name lol

Chiramii. That thing is awesome and chinchillas are the coolest thing since peanut butter. Also, Megaruko because crocodiles are cool and Dark types are awesome. In another sense, Shimama is pretty cool, and I'm guessing it will evolve into a Dark/Electric type. We need one of those. And Gear is pretty freaking cool now that I think about it.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

I voted Mijumaru ♥

The more I see him the more I want him. I just hope he evolves into something awesome that I like just as much. I know he looks a bit odd, but I do find him very cute.

It took me a bit of time to decide between the Ground/Dark croc and Shimama. They both have cool designs, but Shimama is just so much fun to say! XD

My favorite so far is Shimama. Its just so cute and I love how it looks like a horse.

zoroark because its the 5th gen version of lucario which is my fave pokemon and pokabu because when the three starters were revealed everyone seemed to think tsutarja was cool but pokabu is just cuter

My favorite is tsutaaja,lol considering my name! ;D

But then again musharna,zoroark,and mostly...(one sec,cant remember his name)....oh,AHAH Mijumaru are gettin' meh!

My altime favorite USED to be Zekrom,but things change alot!

A

Anonymous

pokabu is my fave because it is a pig and pigs are cute i also love it's ears
shimama and chiramii are good too I like cute pokemon

Wow i cant believe none of you picked kibago. Oh well that just makes me like him even more. Hes my favorite generation V pokemon. He looks like a dinosaur and dinosaurs are freakin sick! And what makes him even better is that hes a dragon type. If i dont like any of the starters im going to replace my starter for him. I bet hes gona grow into a beast then thats when you all will start liking him.. Ugh

A lot of us didn't pick Kibago because it was added after we'd already voted, and it won't let us change it.

Taking into account the newly introduced Pokemon, I really like Kibago, Wargle, and Ranculus. Kibago is a cutey and I so have it pegged to be a pseudolegendary. Wargle reminds me of Halsemon from digimon among others. I'm so naming mine Garuda. It's a bit ironic that I originally hated the green blob, but now I think it's really cute.

Re: Your Favourite Gen V Pokemon So Far ~Votes Reset~

My vote would have to go to Wargle. Yes, it's just your average Normal/Flying, but I can't help but to like the design. While I still hate Gochiruzeru due to its exaggerated Gothic Lolita style, its artwork lessened my hate...just by a little. I still love Mun'na of course, and Shikijika is growing on me. Of course, I still like Chillarmy and all of the starters. Then again, I could never hate a starter Pokemon even if my life depended on it.

I like most of the Pokemon, but my all time Gen V pokemon (so far) is Mijumaru Wooguru, Kurumiru, and Gochiruzeru. Mijumaru is a very cute water type otte. Wooguru reminds me of a bald eagle. Not all bug pokemon are my favorite, but Kurumiru is my top favorite bug type pokemon. and Gochiruzeru reminds me of Gothic Lolita, and I love Gothic Lolita. x3

But I pick Mijumaru as my top favorite Gen V Pokemon.

Mamepato. I lovelovelovelovelovelovelove this thing. Almost as much as I love Seedot. It's a pidgeon. I just adore pigeons. Gochiruzeru was a very close second, though.

Vicitni, easily! I love it bcause it's sooo cute, too bad it's hard to get :(

I've gotta say my vote stays with Gear. With an epic name like that, how can you go wrong?

I don't know about you guys, but my favorite is Ononosaku. It looks like an insect-dino-dragon, and its by far the toughest looking out of the other (besides the back of that tarantula thing) pokemon. I will definately find some way of getting it when I get Black and White :)