• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your Favourite Animal(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, out of the 1.4 million species in the world, which is your favourite?
Mine is the Kingfisher, or more specifically, the River Kingfisher - basically, the classic one. I just love its vibrant colours (the blue and orange look beautiful together) and how adorable it looks (they are only 16cm long), not to mention the fact that they are birds.

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
I've always been prone to the Whale Shark. Being the largest fish in the ocean is a major factor in that, but also, just how its behavior is so much more like a whale's than that of most shark species. It's one of the few sharks that I know of that you can actually get close to without fear of getting attacked, though I'm no marine biologist, so I'm not quite sure how many sharks act that way.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Toastie said:
Mine is the Kingfisher, or more specifically, the River Kingfisher

There's a little pond near where I live. If I walk our dog that way, and am really lucky, they'll be a little Kingfisher sat looking for his fish. He's always so pretty. Sometimes his lady friend is there too ♥

As for me, my favourite animal is the Red Fox. I've always loved them, and for that I totally blame an old TV series called Farthing Wood that I watched when I was little. A very close second, and we're talking uber close here, is the good old Magpie. That's the common Magpie (European Magpie). 'Tis ever so slightly different from America's Black-billed Magpie. I'm not sure when, or even why, I started liking Magpies (especially when most people hate them for THE WRONG REASONS), but I really do love 'em. I am one, after all ;)

Also deserving honourable mention would be: Peregrine Falcons, Gerbils, Cheetahs, Otters, The Corvid family and Chickens. Yes, Chickens are awesome~

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
This is actually incredibly difficult for me to answer, but I'll do my best. And sorry, but I gotta go broad here. I don't have a single favourite animal; not even close. :x

I'm going to be boring and state that my favourite family of animals is Canidae. I don't love every critter that falls under that umbrella, but I like them all overall. To be even further boring, I think the Domestic Dog is my top favourite. They often make us wonder "What the hell was humanity thinking when they created that?", and they're not the most unique animals out there, but I love the varieties they come in, their personalities, and the friendships they offer. Retrievers are probably my top choice.

Moving on, Otters are definitely high up there as favourites. There's just something about them that I've always loved. Maybe it's because they're bloody adorable, but they also remind me of water dogs. There's no specific type of otter I like over others.

Further generalizing the crap out of things: I adore birds of prey and particularly love anything that falls under Eagles, Hawks, or Falcons. I don't think I could ever pick a single favourite. I'm definitely partial to Bald Eagles, but it's mostly because they're are quite common around PEI.

And to finish... Rodents? Rodents are great. Especially rats. I love those little disease carriers. Raichu would be better if it were officially labeled a rat. Mice are pretty cool too, but rats are just more awesome. If anything, they're bigger. ;3

(Notable mention goes to the families Felidae and Ursidae, and other critters that fall under Mustelidae. :'D)

Now this is fairly easy for me to answer. Altough I like canines, felixes and equidae- Being horses, if you're too lazy to use Google :p- My favourite animals will always be the reptiles and a fairly large portion of the amphibian family. I'm not sure why, but they have always been my favourites- Despite the danger that some of them form and their often frightening looks.

I currently own a bearded dragon, a medium-sized lizard originating from Australia, and I love him to pieces. Very agile critters, they are, they can climb in pretty much anything, and, despite their plump looks, are incredibly fast. My dream is to own a green iguana once- But they're costly and quite rare.

Oh, I'm also a fan of tarantula's, despite being arachnophobic. Sense, it makes none? I believe so.

omigosh I dunnoooooooooo.

I doooo like cats. I've always liked cats. Tunduli is sort of feline-ishhhh but yeah, cats are cool.
I also loooove Border Collies, which my lovely Spog is ♥ It's cool that I have a Border Collie and a kitty cat so yeah :>

But then if I reeeaaally think about it?
I guess I love penguins. They're just so adorable :'D I love the way they wobble around and they're just so cute. ♥ And I also adore arctic foxes. They look so nice and fluffy even though they're terribly good at, y'know, being vicious I guessss, but still. At one of the (many) nature reserves here in Scotland there's a one-eared arctic fox and it's just d'aw, I wanted to pick it up and cuddle it until it bit my arm off forever ♥

I also feel that I should express my love for tigers, because they're just super cool. And wolves. I like woooolves.

I have a handful of favoured furry creatures in mind. The first being sheep. All types really. Big, small, bouncy and even the four-horned ones ^^
They pretty much cover my personality. Timid, silly and (due to popular symbolism) sleepy~

I also like tigers^^. They exude an air of majesty that other big cats don't and saying lion would be too mainstream >>

All said, I love most cuddly things, so the likes of Slow Loris are also favourable ♥

Gaaaaaaawsh. This is hard. I love cheetahs, gerbils, snakes, dogs, house cats, and guinea pigs. To me, all animals are adorable, no matter what species they are.

I would have to say my favorite animal (at the moment) is the taipan, however. It is the world's most poisonous snake, which is awesome. However, I am always very fond of gerbils, cheetahs, and Egyptian asps.

Ugg, too many.

Lessee...
Big Cats: Cheetahs. So sleek and pretty. I love the faces most of all. And I like their shoulders for some reason.
Predatory Birds: Used to be Peregrines, but we have a pair of Swainson's Hawks nesting in my backyard. So new favorite. They've decimated the squirrel population in the area >:D.
Smaller Birds: Quail and Woodpeckers have a tie. The quail tend to nest in the big wood pile in our Back 40, and they run around everywhere. And they have the little feather thing on their heads :D. Woodpeckers tend to look lolawesome, so yeah.
And then I love all the little hoppy birds that peck around everywhere.
Rodents: All rodents... gerbils have been good companions and squirrels have been good picture subjects.
Weasel Family: Otters are awesome. And ferrets are cool. And badgers could kill you.
Reptiles: Geckos :D. Most of the lizards.
Dinosaurs: Raptors and Longnecks.
Yup.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
tuesdays-dar-9.jpg

Pandas. What's not to love about them? :3

They are adorable, awesome and just so damn cool. Plus their totally rare. |D (But seriously, I hope they don't become extinct. :( )

A close second is Penguins for many of the same reasons. I could just sit there and watch those guys do nothing for hours. Oh, and Otters are awesome too. :x

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I've almost always been in love with tigers. They're majestic, beautiful, powerful, agile, and just awesome in every way to me. I've always been a cat kind of person, so it's not that big of a surprise that my favorite animal would be the tiger. Mesmerizing and dangerous... A close second would probably be the Jaguar or Leopard, for similar reasons. I just found stripes to be more appealing than spots. ^^;

Domestically, besides cats, I like horses as well. They're strong, fast, beautiful, and, despite all that, rather gentle with humans (unless they're a bucking bronco, but you know what I mean...). I'd like to have a horse when I grow up~

Starfish are pretty chill 8)

I'm also a fan of Snakes, they seem so majestic to me - especially the larger ones.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Despite what most of you might think, otters are not my favorite animal :0 In fact they won't even get a mention in this post.

My favorite animals are actually jellyfish. I just love how simple they are, yet they've been around forever despite having no brain or other things. I love watching them swim and I think they're pretty majestic in their simplicity |D

I am also a fan of snakes and I have been since I can remember. Not sure what attracts me to them besides them being awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Sir Red said:
Pandas. What's not to love about them? :3

They are adorable, awesome and just so damn cool. Plus their totally rare. |D (But seriously, I hope they don't become extinct. :( )

Totally agree on both accounts. Pandas are lovely, and it'd be really horrible if they went extinct in the future. That said, it's horrible when any animal goes extinct, especially when it's not due to natural causes. Makes me a sad Katie. :(

This reminds me of something I heard on the radio recently. Apparently some guy from the US discovered a bird that had been believed extinct for countless years, possibly 50 or more. Listening to the interview near about had me in tears. Stuff like that gives me hope, even if the reality for these species is bleak. At least it's something, eh?

I forgot some... namely Pandas, due to that cute piccu. I even did a report on them in 3rd grade and made a little book thing with an awesome cover.

Also, crocodiles/alligators/caimans. Steve Irwin left a huge impression on me as a child, so I think baby crocs are cute. Probably the reason why I love Feraligatr and Sandile so much as Pokemon. And they can tear you in half with one bite! Awesome!

I am obsessed with foxes, and not in the overly creepy way. I've never actually seen one in person, but I always wanted to meet one just so I could cuddle with their cutesy little faces~! :nom:

Cats of all kinds, crows, and goats.

Liking cats is liking cats these days really, they're the favourite animal around the world. I'm not gonna bother explaining it. It's all been said before every day by millions. They're great creatures.

For crows I find them very interesting. They're extremely intelligent and will remember things, and have the ability to share knowledge of friend or foe on an individual basis with fellow crows including their offspring. I also got to know some in some local woods I go to pretty often, they recognize me now and follow me in the trees sometimes and hang around watching me. They have distinct personalities. One of them is a loudmouth over every little thing (really, it just does not shut up until other crows caw at it or chase it a little) and kind of a dick to the other crows (thief). I call that one Terry.

Goats are wicked and best livestock. They are incredibly hardy, able to survive in many climates and environments. They climb mountains and nearly sheer cliffs with ease for reasons such as to lick at mineral deposits. They're one of the earliest if not the earliest domesticated livestock animal and civilization itself owes a bit of thanks to them as a result. They are reasonably intelligent and curious, and seem to give little to no fucks whether it be headbutting a motorcycle, chasing someone up a tree, climbing a cliff, screaming at things or showering the ground with turds as they go about their goat-business. Goats do what they want and you deal with it. Also, some of them appreciate punk-rock:

goat_jamming_to_punk_rock_640_03.jpg

certasdasd.jpg

Each and every shark (especially goblin sharks =v=), reptile, and amphibian in existence. As well as jellies but I don't think they qualify as an animal per say? Oh, and birds....and dogs......deer....You know what never mind I have too many XD

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
*stares at past!me* oh man how I've changed.

Still love tigers, though not as much as before. And I don't care much for horses anymore.

I can pretty confidently say that my favorite animals are now moths and butterflies (especially moths, they're so fuzzy~). Rabbits and cats are a close second, rabbits because I own one and cats because... well, I've kinda always liked them. I don't really have a good reason besides they're cute and they meow x3

My favorite animal would have to be the wolf. Why? Because they are cool, and I am pretty sure huskys are related to them, and huskys are my favorite breed of dog.

White-tailed Deer - I love all deer species, but White-tailed deer have always been my favourite.
I just find deer really beautiful, elegant creatures, and I they have pretty much always been an animal I love lots.
Canadian Lynx - Once again, like deer, I also like Lynxes in general, but I just love the fluffiness of the Canadian Lynx and it's massive paws. Lynxes are just awesome, nuff said.
Spotted Hyena - Such misunderstood creatures. Everyone thinks of them as dirty, ugly, idiotic, theives, when they are far from that. They are actually very intelligent, and DO hunt for themselves.
I also find them adorable.
Siberian Tiger - I love all tigers, but Siberian Tigers have always been my favourite sub-species. They are just so huge and gorgeous, jumping around in all that snow.
Manta Ray - I've always had a love for Manta Rays. I just find them very mysterious and regal. Oh, and adorable. I also love how they sometimes jump out of the water.
Whale Shark - Huge, gentle, spotty, and badass. I can't help but love them!
Domestic Cat - Yeah, I'm a cat person, probably because I've always lived with them. Don't get me wrong, dogs are cute and all, but cats are plain adorabe IMO and have this particular charm to them. I love all types of cats, from the mixed breed to the Sphinx (hairless cat), but Siamese and Maine Coon are my favourite breeds.
Barn Owl - I blame Owls of Ga'Hoole for this one. Nah, I've always found these guys (and other birds of prey in general) awesome. That series just made me love them even more!
Polar Bear - Just so beautiful and fluffy. I love them.

My favorite animals have to be the ruby-throated hummingbird, the German Shephard, and a tiny octopus that scientists are thinking about calling it Adorabilis as a scientific name XD

Status
Not open for further replies.