• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your Favorite Pokemon Type

I'm not sure if there's a topic like this or not, but if there is, it must be dead, buuuut...

What type of Pokemon is your favorite?
Ex: Fire, Water, Grass, etc...

Orrr..What "shape"(as I call it) of Pokemon do you lean towards?
Ex: Pokemon with dog or cat-like appearances, reptilian Pokemon, whatever.

My personal favorite type is Fire, next to that, Electric.
I have no real preference concerning the shape of Pokemon...

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
That's an interesting variant on it that we haven't had before. Type, as in Fire, Grass, etc we've done several times over, but not type in the sense of species. Hmm.

My favourite Types are Grass, Psychic and Water. My favourite Pokemon species tend to be dinosaurs or cute mammals. I tend to like the appearance of things like Pichu & Pikachu, Sentret & Furret, Zigzagoon, Plusle & Minun - generic cute mammals :D. I like some of the bugs and some of the plants. Not really a fan of birds, fish or fierce mammals, except for Mightyena.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I really like psychic, flying, fire, dragon, and electric types for some reason. Electric because most of the cute Pokemon are there (plus their only weakness is ground types), fire because... fire is pretty, and most of the attacks' animations look... prettyful? Flying because most of the flying types are birds, and birds are prettiful, too. Psychic is just like fire, really. Dragon is just because the Pokemon there are just plain cool. I mean, seriously, who wouldn't love Flygon or Dratini? Yes, my mind is weird that way.

As far as form of Pokemon... I really like those quadrupeds in general. Noticed that most of the Pokemon that I like walk on four limbs? Vulpix, Shinx, Eevee, Poochyena, Growlithe... heck, even Bidoof is semi-cute in my eyes. I don't know why, but four legs just look more natural in my eyes than those that walk on two legs like Pikachu or those I-dont-know-what-they-are like Mr. Mime, Kingdra or Jynx. The other kinda "shape" of Pokemon that I like are birds. All of them, going from Pidgey to Chatot. Yes, quadrupeds and birds are the best....

I have a hard time picking favorites (they all have their strong points) but I'll go with Psychic, Dark, Dragon, Fighting, and Fire. Dark was my original favorite type; I always though they were so cool. Umbreon was, and still is, teh coolness. I started liking Fighting types in the third gen and my favorite Fighting type(for the moment) is Lucario. The other three just give me satisfaction for some odd reason.

The form of Pokemon? I've never given it much thought. I have favorites from just about every form. Right now, I'm really into the gender unknown Pokemon like Claydol and Metagross and Pokemon that have long legs like Gallade and Blaziken. I also really like dragons with Dragonite at the top of the list and Garchomp not far behind. I'm also attracted to powerful four-legged Pokemon like Houndoom, Arcanine, and Luxray. And I can't forget the cute ones like Smoochum, Torchic, and Buneary. Sigh...it's too much to put in one post. So I'll probably be posting again!

The Type I like ranges. I usually have they Types mixed up in my party...y'know...to balance things out. As far as the shape..no real faves. If I think it looks cool, I'll catch it.

Recently, I've noticed I seem to have a love for Poison Pokemon. It might be since one would consider them as the bad-asses of the Pokemon world (alongside Dark types of course) since villains mostly use them, and they certainly do look the part. I also love Steel Types, for having a ridiculous amount of resistances and Fighting Types as well, now with the Physical-special split, they have become powerful, fast and versatile.

Like Bara I also tend to like Pokemon that resemble mammals, those and the oddly-shaped ones such as Bronzong and Drapion. There's just something about their cuteness and weirdness that make them look very cool for me.

Okay, cookies to anyone who can guess what my favourite shape/kind of pokemon is. :p

I'll let this go til someone can get what kind of Pokemon I like.

Anyways, cookies for anyone who can guess my fave type as well.

Other than that, Fire/Bug/Dark types also rule. I really like the design of certain Pokemon...such as (Cookies to who can guess it) and bugs with some of the mammal like creatures. I really don't like ones that are too simplistic (Voltorb, Magnemite, Onix comes to mind) and Pinsir. They're just annoing and ugly. No time put into their design.

Whoever can guess what my favourite type of Pokemon is or what my favourite shape of Pokemon are get cookies.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Whoever can guess what my favourite type of Pokemon is or what my favourite shape of Pokemon are get cookies.

I'd have to guess the Flying-type, and bird-shaped. Or more accurately, Swellow-shaped. 8)

My favourite types are the Water-type, Dragon-type and the Fighting-type. Squirtle was my starter of choice back when everyone was playing Red/Blue and the Water-type has been one of my favourites ever since. The Dragon-type I like due to the strengths the type offers (resistance to Fire, Grass, Water and Electric, and Dragon-type attacks aren't resisted by anything except the Steel-type,) as well as the cool designs that most dragon types have. Finally, I like the Fighting-type since I adopt a brute force strategy in pretty much all the games I play, and the Fighting-type is arguably the best type to use for all out attack.

I generally stick with Fire, but as of late I've taken a liking to Fighting and Normal types.

As far as "shape" goes, I don't really have a preference. Though, my favorite poke'mon as of right now is Snorlax. And this is why:
DRF010.jpg

No energy costs, a Poke-power as well as a Poke-body?! Amazing!

Also, I don't count Gallade. In spite of the pure nifty-ness of its armblades (always had a weakness for those), I can't help but feel like Gallade is a piece of tutu-wearing fanservice that was created just because the designers got fed up with little kid-tards whining about how feminine Gardevoir looks and how it should therefore be female only even if it's not human and so human sexual dimorphism doesn't MATTER regarding it. But yes. Idiots will be idiots no matter what.

On that note, what about non-human sexual dimorphisms? Take Pineco for example, no one seems to care that Pineco doesn't have a male-exclusive moth-like evo.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Well, that's probably because Burmy took that position. Of being a 'real' bagworm that is. Also, most people barely even remember Pineco/Forretress even exist. They're... not really that memorable, game-wise. And we've had enough of a gap from the Johto anime to forget the things.

I've been wondering myself why they created Froslass. I mean, Glalie was never overly 'masculine'. It's really just a DEMONFLOATINGHEAD. But I suppose they wanted to have the Dawn Stone used for something OTHER than Gardevoir/Gallade.

The sexual dimorphism in DP is nothing short of ridiculous.

Hmm hmm. When it comes to types, I'm partial to Normal, Water, then Steel. I like Normal because they may not be strong for meta-game but ingame they're very versatile and can kick ass. =D Water is a fondness I've held since Blue version because Water = Blue and I started with Squirtle and my first Eeveelution choice was Vaporeon. Plus I​

Attack types: Dark, fire and Poison are my favs.
Body look: I love reptiles (pkmn and otherwise) so turtles and snakes and lizards (Kec Kec?) I also like birds and some humanoids, like Scizor and Gardevoir.

[size=8pt]As far as types go, I'd have to say electric, fire, and dragon all tie for first. A bit mainstream, but hey. Fighting and dark also rank somewhere up there, but they get dragged down by their earliest type-specific pokes. At least, fighting does. (Hitmonchan/lee I was never too fond of)

Shapes, I'd have to say that I'm fairly partial to dragon-shaped things. Charizard, Dragonite, Dragonair, and even Rayquaze place somewhere as 'awesome' in my opinion as well.
And then, naturally, canine-shape. I'm a dog person at heart.
After that, all things flow-y and elegant. Kingdra, Suicune, Dewgong, even Lopunny in its own way..
And Persian gets a mention for being so classy

I'll have to say my favorite type is FIRE!!!! I love fire, just because it's fire and it burns stuff. Closely behind that is dragon, psychic, and maybe electric. As for shape, I don't really care, as long as it doesn't look ugly. But then again, I like cute mammals, like baratron.

My favorite Pokemon type would have to be Fire, then Water, then Steel. Fire because of Charizard, Water because of Suicune, and Steel because of Lucario. I know, I know, Lucario is also Fighting as well, but I hate Fighters in general, and I overlook things like that in Lucario. Infernape and Blaziken also have the same deal going, I love the fire aspect, but ignore the fighting aspect. It got me into a lot of trouble in the games, believe me, going up against Winnona especially, with my Lvl 45 Blaziken I thought I would pwn her, instead, one Aerial Ace and an Earthquake later, I was down .

Still, with shapes, I love the dog-like Pokemon, like Mightyena and Suicune (Raikou and Entei are cats/hamsters dammit!), and Lucario has a (very) vaugely dog-like look to it.​

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Lucario has a (very) vaugely dog-like look to it.

I always call Lucario 'Anubis' because I think he looks like the Egyptian, Jackel-headed God.

My favourite type is Fire, mainly because it's always been my favourite element. I like the flying type pokemon too, though I'm not sure why.

I tend to like the Dog-shaped pokemon the most (Manectric!) but I also like the Dragon based pokemon too.

My favorite type has to be... FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Fire-types they look so cool ;D
I always get the Fire beguiner in any game. :)

I also love cat Pokemon. (go Skitty!!!!!!!) :)

So therefor I love Flareon (both my favs.).

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hrmm... have to say my favorite types are Water, Ground, Dragon, Steel, and Psychic, in that order.

Favorite body types? I would have to go with anything dinosaurish or dragon-like. Also the amphibious water ones are all good (I just can't stand the fishies)