• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your Favorite Movie(s)?

Be sure to give some reasons why though.
Mine would be:
The Shawshank Redemption: I saw this as a kid, and it really impacted me. It sends a strong message and it's definitely one of the best Stephen King adaptations out there.
Inception: A bit of a crazy movie, but it deals with heavy themes and has some great action sequences to go along with a very coherent plot and some great performances by Leonardo DiCaprio and Ellen Page.
Alien: Probably my favorite ever horror movie. H.R. Giger's designs are classic, and its slow pace fits the plot perfectly. Plus, some sadistic part of me loves watching John Hurt flail around in the chestburster scene.

Child's Play 1-3
The idea of a serial killer possessing a doll to get what he wants... immortality. This was a new horror movie plot and it took theaters by storm which in turn made his trilogy (I don't think we can count Bride and Seed of Chucky) rival those of Freddy, Michael and Jason.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1-TMNT
I still love these movies and as my first DVD ever were to be the first movie, it means a lot to me, I watched this when it first came to VHS and I absolutely loved it when the Turtles were still fresh on the television. I, to this day, love the turtles and will never be able to replace them from my heart. The third movie was my least favorite even though it was a neat idea, it was just poorly pulled off. Each movie had their flaws, but what movie doesn't? The 3rd was the only one I just can't seem to sit through the entire time without getting distracted or wanting to do something while watching.

A pretty recent movie, it was very well done and it's an amazing movie in my opinion, I dream of becoming a film director and this movie is a great inspirational film to get me going. The plot may have been about just counting cards but they did it very well, they didn't need a huge and very popular cast, they did get Kevin Spacey though which is a pretty well known name.

The Dark Knight
Even better than Batman Begins, this movie may be long, but it was put together very well, sure there's a flaw here or there but I overlook them and enjoy the film, the way they go about building suspense with the escalating flat note is a brilliant and practical tactic where you know somethings about to happen but just don't know what, then at the peak of the pitch BAM! They hit it hard and it is just timed very well.

These movies are top of my list and I'll share more movies some other time.

Road Trip-

Really funny movie, brings out my comedy side.

2012-

Blah...apocolyptic.....Blah......Epic...Blah....good cgi...blah.

Beavis and Butthead: Do America-

I totally rofl'd the whole movie.