• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your Favorite Ice-Types?

Froslass and Lapras. I can't help but love them. Glaceon is great too, but I always find it difficult to choose between Eevee's evolutions :)

246300_trainercard-Lucy_Devilia.png

I love Weavile, because it's part dark type, and also look at those CLAWS; and Aurorus, part of my team in X, because there's nothing more satisfying than an Ice-type Hyper Beam in a Dragon's face (because Refrigerate MWAHAHAHAHA).
(And I kind of like Avalugg but I don't know why... I would like a table like him. It would be nice.)
An Avalugg-like table would be cool, but using a real Avalugg as a table is not very practical because it's too cold and slippery. :D

Lapras, Froslass (&Glalie), Glaceon, Arourus (Amaura), Weavile, Cloyster, Walrein (Sealeo&Spheal), Articuno, Regice, Dewgong(&Seel)...

I just never could bring myself to genuinely like Jynx and Smoochum. Cubchoo would be cuter without the frozen drip. Swinub/Mamoswine never really did it for me, either. And the ice cream cones... well, I'll leave that alone, aha.

We need more ice types!♥ Or to slap some greater significance on the classics.

Lapras has been and will always be my favorite ice type. It's just one of the most wonderful things pokemon has ever created. Even in competitive play, it's very difficult to one-shot a Lapras.

Goodness, where do I start? I admire Dewgong just because of DEWGONG-GONG-GONG. Also Walrein because it's pretty useful competitively. And I also like Avalugg, just because you could use it to drink coffee, as he resembles a table. Then, Glalie. He has a Mega Evolution, so there's that. Also he's one of Ash's Pokemon, and he's a very experienced trainer. Aurorus because it looks flamboyant, and resembles an Amargasaurus, a cool looking dinosaur. Odd because Amargasaurus were found in Argentina, and it's hot there. Then, White and Black Kyurem, they're evil dragons with the DNA of Reshiram and Zekrom, which were cool to begin with. (Heheh, ice puns.) Finally, Spheal, because it's so darn cute! And Josh from Drake and Josh likes it right? SPHERICAL!

Last edited:
My honest favourite has to be Beartic. It is a giant scary looking polar bear with ginormous claws of doom and a beard made of ice and awesome. What more badassery do you even need? None. Plus, Cubchoo is pretty darn cute. Other notable mentions are Aurorus, because I love the design so so much, but, sadly, Rock/Ice is um... yeeaaahhhh... Another is Articuno for being my favourite Kanto legendary (its just so pretty!). I'm also pretty fond of Sneasel as the first RP character I ever created had a Sneasel as her starter, so it has a special place in my heart for that reason. And finally, puns.

Spheal_37c6d6_489138.jpg

My honest favourite ice type is Glaceon, for personal reasons.

The first time I figured out there were pokemon PLUSHIES, I knew I had to have one. So I went on the magical Amazon website, and found a mystery pack of 8 pokeplushies. I ordered them, and when I opened the package they were chibi eeveelutions, one of each to be exact! The glaceon plushie looked like such a grump, it was so cute!!!!!