1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Favorite Anime

Discussion in 'Small Talk' started by Blisk, Jan 4, 2010.

1. What's your favorite anime? There are too many to make a poll so just state it.

My favorites are Pokemon (of course), Dragon Ball Z, and Naruto.

Pokemon is kinda self explanatory since I'm on this forum. I have loved it since it started and will always watch it. I miss Misty and Ash's fights.

Dragon Ball Z is an amazing action show. I love how the fights are animated and love the ki attacks. I also read the manga. I want to be a Saiyan :3

Naruto is pretty cool with all the jutsu. I just started watching the anime, but I've been reading the manga for a while. I think Kakashi and Sasuke are the coolest characters.

2. Nim

Nim

I think we all love pokemon, lol ;D.
    My favourite t the moment is Full Metal Alchemist. I read the manga alot and just love it. After Full Metal Alchemist I also like dragonball z and naruto :).

3. Rex

Rex

I actually hate the Pokemon Anime, I like the games, and I want to try the Pokemon Adventures Manga, but I got sick of the Anime after the Orange Islands.

As for animes I like, Death Note, Bleach, Blood+, Full Metal Alchemist, and Naruto. Bleach, Naruto, and Full Metal Alchemist for their action. Blood+ for its gore. And Death Note for its twisted main characters.

4. I've always wanted to try Full Metal Alchemist. I think I'll see some.

I love Bleach also. I read the manga, but never have seen an episode.

I should check out Death Note and Blood+

5. I like a lot of anime. But I'll start with my current anime obsessions, other than Pokemon, of course.

Yu-Gi-Oh/GX/5Ds- They did something good with this. Although, i could do without the bad guys trying to take over the world with a card game.

Death Note- I blame myself for this one. Ever since I read the first chapter in a Shonen Jump magazine, I've been hooked. Even though the series is over, I can't get enough.

Bleach- The characters remind me of me and my friends. The anime has an awesome sound track as well. I could do with less fillers, some are okay...

And Finally- Inuyasha- I know its a little repetitive, but there's something about Inuyasha's attitude that...reminds me of me! Hahah. I'm serious. Stubborn but caring. Yeah, that's me.

Those were just my current obsessions.

6. This is so hard to choose. xP I'd have to say my favorites are Bobobo-Bo-Bo-Bobo, Hellsing, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Detroit Metal City, and Mobile Suit Gundam Wing.

Bobo-Bo-Bo-Bobo: I don't care what other people think, and I have heard plenty of opinions, but I love this anime! It makes my brain melt upon eye contact and I can't even tell you how many times I quote this. x)

Hellsing: Not usually a fan of god-modded characters, but Alucard is such a badass.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: I don't even need to explain myself for this one.

Detroit Metal City: One of the funnier animes that I have seen, and the live action movie is pretty funny as well.

Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Personally, this is the only good Gundam series. Great plot, great characters, great action, great everything. I love this series.

7. Even though I prefer manga to anime, I do like Fullmetal Alchemist and Fruits Basket.

Fullmetal Alchemist (the anime) still has some of the storyline from the manga, though it does deviate. At least Al becoming a Philosopher's Stone was interesting.

Fruits Basket is a favorite of mine mostly due to it's ‘awww…' factor and Shigure. Shigure is the most adorable pervert ever, and that's pretty hard to do. :p

#7 Secad MS, Jan 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2014
  8. Fullmetal Alchemist for the storyline and characters. I can't help but to laugh at Ed's *short* temper.
    Inuyasha for the action.
    Hellsing for action and gore.
    Bleach for it's decent storyline and great characters.
    Gundam for giant robot action.

9. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza
    Staff Member Administrator

Since I answered this question in the "Ask the Staff" topic somewhat recently, I'm going to quote my original answer here:

I'm throwing G Gundam, Ranma 1/2, and Tenchi Muyo onto that list, too. Let's just say I rediscovered my love for Ranma and Tenchi this past summer, and G Gundam (which I also watched over the summer) was bloody awesome and worth the mention.

While I still highly enjoy watching older episodes of Bleach, I'm a bit iffy on some of the newer ones. For that reason I can't really consider it a "favourite" anymore - just one of the many Anime series that I've watched and loved.

10. Sem

Sem The Last of the Snowmen
    Former Administrator

Ghost in the Shell is hands down my favorite anime. Pokemon is good too obviously, and I'm a big fan of Digimon as well xD Specifically Digimon Tamers and Digimon Savers.

11. Psycho Monkey

Psycho Monkey Member of the Literary Elite Four

My top favorite Anime is Code Geass. Lelouch is a walking Crowning Moment of Awesome with the charisma to gain followers even without the use of Geass. All hail Lelouch!

I also love Digimon (except season 4, that season can burn in hell), Gundam, Hellsing, Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Lucky Star, Death Note, Rurouni Kenshin, .hack//sign, FLCL, and more recently Baccano.

12. I have a tie for favorite anime: Code Geass and Death Note(strange...I typed them both in alphabetical order and the order I saw them without meaning to XD)

Lelouch and Light are just amazing villains...even though Lelouch really isn't. My favorite Death Note character is L, actually, for two reasons: 1) I look and act just like him(minus the hair T_T) 2)I built a L-themed deck on YGO 5Ds: Stardust Accelerator.

Sad, isn't it? :3

13. Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

14. StellarWind Elsydeon

StellarWind Elsydeon Armblades Ascendant

Hurf. My favorite anime? Hard to choose...

I greatly enjoy quite a few series - ranging from the well-known (Neon Genesis Evangelion, Full Metal Alchemist, Cowboy Bebop and Slayers/Slayers NEXT) to the obscure as all eff (Vandread, The King of Braves GaoGaiGar, GAD Guard) to assorted levels in between (G Gundam and Sengoku Basara immediately come to mind).

Digimon also comes to mind - even though the translation/dub often either kiddified the series (Adventure had a LOT of cuts, some of which make things make so much less sense) or completely effing raped it (Frontier and Savers. Let's not even talk about the botch job Jetix did with them. I mean. God damn exploding ORANGES.) I still enjoyed all Digimon series to some level, some more than others (Tamers is my favorite Digimon series ever, followed rather closely by Savers).

I'm rather looking forward to the rumored upcoming Digimon series. >>

15. Magpie

Magpie Feathered Overseer
    Staff Member Moderator

I love Naruto. I completely love the manga and since the anime, aside from the filler arcs, follows the manga very closely I love it too

16. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza

To be honest, I'd lump Slayers in with the "assorted levels in between", because it's really not that well-known or mainstream. Even if people DO know the name, only handful have actually watched it extensively - at least that's what my experiences have taught me when seeking out other Slayers fans XP

17. Well, let's see... I've started FMA, Bleach, Oran High School and Fruits Basket, but I haven't really seen much of them yet. They're pretty great so far.

Pokemon, DBZ, Digimon, and Sailor Moon have wonderful memories in my heart... Also remember Monster Rancher a little too. Good ol' Saturday morning/after school animes to keep me happy. Yu Yu Hakasho is also one that I've liked and saw with my older brother.

I've also seen a couple of OVA's. I've watched Romeo x Juliet one time on a sleep over. I don't think I've squeed so much in one night before... Scrapped Princess is also good, although I started about half way through and didn't finish it because the friends I watched it with didn't want to finish it without their other friends, but it's awesome.

As for mangas, I've read Rurouni Kenshin all the way through, but I've heard that the anime suffers from filler decay... And I've read some of the Pokemon Special manga, which is about as awesome as awesome can be. I've also read some Tsubasa, which is pretty confusing, but I lurves Kurogane.

18. I really don't have a specific favorite anime xD

All-time favorites would be Fullmetal Alchemist, Fruits Basket, Chobits, and Ranma 1/2. I do like Bleach, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, One Piece, Sister Princess, Princess Princess (horrible name, I know), the first season of Blood+, and probably a whole lot more, though.

(I do like all of the episodes to Blood+, but season 1 was my favorite due to the fact that it included Vietnam and upon my grandma seeing the subtitles talking about it, she allowed me to continue watching xD)

19. Although some anime do their manga counterparts justice, I find that most of my fave mangas differ a lot from the anime. xxxHoLic, Tsubasa Chronicles and Negima for instance were unable to translate their respective main plots into the anime due to the fact that they are still ongoing. Still, their respective animated runs were good, but could have been even better if they could go back to their manga plots via a new season or such (ala Inuyasha, which I have no love for :V), or even a series redux ala FMA:Brotherhood. Of course, they're not as well-known as those two series so I'll have to resign to the lovely OVAs they spew out every once in a while. (Thank you Shunmuki

20. I like a few but with mangas I like Trigun, Bleach, One Piece, Hellsing, Battle Royale, Death Note, and the pokemon special

Animes: Cowboy Bebop, pokemon Code Geass DBZ there are others I'll edit them in later

21. i like inuyasha and full metal alchemist and dont forget bleach ichigos so hot!

22. Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

I... seriously? o.O

23. I have no idea... But here is mine:
    TOP 5 From Best to Normal!
    1. Pokémon
    No wander I joined this site, you see, I love Pokémon, and even it has interesting characters too.
    2. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    I love things that were never gonna be true, like aliens, timetravellers, espers and all those things! This got me into it! It even includes the life of a boy with an interesting life.
    3. Deltora Quest
    Oh heck yeah, it started with a manga and then I watched the anime, end of story.
    4. Lucky Star
    The characters definitely match no. 2. It is funnier than I thought! I wished there was a movie to end the series like no. 2 as well! But no...
    5. Sword Art Online
    I don't watch it, but I want too! It looks awesome!

Now, how about you? Do you like any?

By the way, I didn't plan on doing this :|

24. Hello! Heheh. I'm not very picky on anime. I like mostly the "mainstream" stuff, though. Whatever is popular nowadays, I'll likely give it a shot and try to see if it's my kinda thing.

However, out of this poll, these are my favorites; Yugioh and Pokemon.

I've actually never heard of Deltora Quest and I wasn't ever particularly fond of Sword Art Online. As for the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, I never watched it before.

But my overall favorites not related to the poll would be; Hetalia, Death Note, Attack on Titan, Soul Eater, Uta No Prince Sama, and Ouran High School Host Club. So, it's usually a fair dash of comedy, drama, and romance.

25. I guess my top 5 in no particular order would be....
    1.The seven deadly sins
    2.Fairy tail
    3.Dragon ball z
    4.Hunter x hunter (2011)
    5.One piece
    I can't really think of any other animes that I really like but I know there are a lot of great animes out there.

#26 Greenman13126, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  26. SWORD ART ONLINE IS GOING TO BE NUMBER 2 NOW, YEAH!

27. 1. Attack On Titan
    2. Pokemon
    3. Sword Art Online
    4. Black Butler
    5. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

28. Parasyte The Maxim.

EDIT: And Oruchuban Ebichu

#29 SparkyLewis949, Sep 25, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  29. Pupa. XD I like it for it's short episodes. It gets me to think about what may have happened. :3

30. 1. Squid Girl
    (pretty much)

31. Deadman wonderland

Death note

Assassination classroom

And attack on titan :)

32. 1.Gurren Laggan
    2.Full metal Alchamest
    3.Oran Highscholl

33. UPDATE
    1. pokemon
    2. squid girl
    3. UMARU! (umaru)
    4. Digimon (sorta)

34. Zero no Tsukaima, Attack on Titan and Soul Eater

35. My favourite anime is by far Attack on Titan.

I love everything about this anime; the storyline, the characters (especially Annie, Armin and Sasha), the art-style, everything.
    At first I thought it was overrated trash like SAO and Naruto, but my mind changed after my sister finally convinced me to watch it. Oh my God, never have I been so obsessed and awestruck over an anime. Now with most anime I watch it over a course of a few weeks/few months, but no, not with this one. I finished watching all episodes in less than a few days. Since then I’ve watched all the OVAs and currently watching Junior High.
    Other anime I adore include: Chrome-shelled Regios, D.Gray-Man, Soul Eater, and Ouran Highschool Host Club.

36. Pokemon will always be first for me.

recently been liking
    Puella Magi Madoka Magica
    Spice and Wolf
    Nyan Koi!
    Magical Nyan-Nyan Taruto

37. My top 3 would most likely be:
    1:- FMA
    2:- InuYasha
    3:- TTGL

FMA will always have a place in my heart~ ♥

38. If I have to add something to this, it would be Toradora.

1. BEST. TSUNDERE. ANIME. EVER.
    2. The opening is catchy
    3. They help eachother have their destiny fulfilled with their crushes
    4. ITS A SCHOOL
    5. Someone loves cleaning, yes, look after the environment
    6. The plot, fantastic, the story, fantastic, the characters, brilliant.

I had to do this since I love Toradora!:

39. Fairy Tail is my fave, along with Pokémon and Digimon of course. I'm actually trick-or-treating this year as Lucy, and my friend is going to be Natsu. I have a Happy plushie too :love: it's so adorable!!

Linkachu and alolatrainer like this.